Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:30:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376897 times)
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:05:55 PM

45 pages of pure gaw bashing.... So you really think anyone will take you serious?

Most of my posts in BCT are in this thread.  Want to say my posts are B.S.?

Good luck with that.

This space not for rent...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:23:16 PM

@ PC: I have actually been working for the last couple months during this ongoing saga. My current main job is remodeling this house, so I am here most of the time. What I do in between alternately being in the attic or crawlspace (both today) is my business.  I also happen to do some writing, and I see lots of rich material here. I could care less if "anybody takes me seriously" to be honest. I am just here because this whole scam was directly aimed at me, being a new guy in crypto when this whole shitstorm began. Been quite a learning experience, and I have managed to have some fun and actually am darned near at ROI on my mining gear now. Quite a bit ahead if I factor in what I have made playing the market with mined BTC. If I sold my mining gear right now I would be a fuzz ahead with a little luck, but I am thinking I will hang on to what I have, ya never know, I think it might be fun to make a coin and I would need to be able to provide minimal hash support to keep it alive.

Have fun tossing your money in the toilet and telling everyone how you are "investing", I am getting some good belly laughs out of it!  Grin

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
bananafana

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

There are already hundreds if not thousands of things you can do with bitcoins and practically nothing an altcoin can do that bitcoin can't.

Can the bitcoin network provide 6 confirmations of a transaction in 6 minutes?  Nope,  Dogecoin can.  Can Bitcoin process 270 transactions per second?  Nope, Litecoin can.

More parameter changes. Your argument is like saying we need to create a whole new internet because IPV4 only supports 4 billion IP addresses.

In fact the limit on size of the IPV4 address space *is* the main reason for migrating to IPV6. That's not going to happen overnight but it's happening (contrary to what someone said yesterday) and will continue to happen.

In the analogy, the general categories being compared are cryptocurrencies and the internet. Bitcoin, litecoin, peercoin, ethereum, etc. are implementations of cryptocurrencies. NPC, IPV4, IPV6, etc., are implementations of internet protocols. So Bitcoin is like NPC in this analogy. IPV4 replaced NPC for good reasons, just as IPV6 will eventually overtake IPV4 for good reasons.

Bitcoin won't be that hard to replace when the time comes. It won't happen overnight, but the hard part is getting exchanges and payment processors and businesses set up to handle crypto. Most of that infrastructure already supports multiple cryptos, not just bitcoin.

A better analogy is to social networking sites. The infrastructure that allowed people to use social networking sites cost a lot of money to build, and it took time to grow the market to the point where the general public was aware of it and starting to use it. And changing wasn't easy. If you had a geocities page and wanted to move to friendster without losing your content, there was no easy way to do it. But then once all of that was in place and the market was big enough, competition exploded because the infrastructure and public awareness were ready. That's what the future of crypto will look like, IMO.
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:55:32 PM

45 pages of pure gaw bashing.... So you really think anyone will take you serious?

Good luck with that.

I take him serious and I don't take anything serious.

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
Paul Revere

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:10:11 PM

Good luck with that.

I take him serious and I don't take anything serious.

Surely, you can't be cereal. 

Long as you don't take me Super Cereal everything will work out just fine.  Grin

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
paycum

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:14:55 PM

@ PC: I have actually been working for the last couple months during this ongoing saga. My current main job is remodeling this house, so I am here most of the time. What I do in between alternately being in the attic or crawlspace (both today) is my business.  I also happen to do some writing, and I see lots of rich material here. I could care less if "anybody takes me seriously" to be honest. I am just here because this whole scam was directly aimed at me, being a new guy in crypto when this whole shitstorm began. Been quite a learning experience, and I have managed to have some fun and actually am darned near at ROI on my mining gear now. Quite a bit ahead if I factor in what I have made playing the market with mined BTC. If I sold my mining gear right now I would be a fuzz ahead with a little luck, but I am thinking I will hang on to what I have, ya never know, I think it might be fun to make a coin and I would need to be able to provide minimal hash support to keep it alive.

Have fun tossing your money in the toilet and telling everyone how you are "investing", I am getting some good belly laughs out of it!  Grin

Ok, i didnt know that and im sorry to hear it didnt turn out well for you. i jumped to conclusions a bit too fast. I just got a bit irritated due to negative vibe which suddenly was pointed to my direction.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Paul Revere

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:25:11 PM

Have fun tossing your money in the toilet and telling everyone how you are "investing", I am getting some good belly laughs out of it!
 Grin

Ok, i didnt know that and im sorry to hear it didnt turn out well for you. i jumped to conclusions a bit too fast. I just got a bit irritated due to negative vibe which suddenly was pointed to my direction.

Sorry? For what? I have no idea what you are talking about. Everything has worked out way better than I expected when I entered the Crypto world. But then, I never had any expectations of buying in and then being handed a huge profit in no time flat for no work. If you sense a "negative vibe" it is because you are here pissing all over the place and telling everyone that it is raining. That tends to generate a "negative vibe" in people.

buddhamangler

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:26:13 PM

You don't know what you are talking about.  Faster blocks doesn't mean anything.  If bitcoin forked to 1 minute block times, then a transaction with 10 confirmations would be just as secure as one with one confirmation how it is now.  It's not the number of confirmations, its TIME.

That's not true. Each block race is a discrete event, so the chance of a specific miner beating the world to a set of, say, six blocks in a row should be roughly the same regardless of the time between blocks. Difficulty might change the curve a little, but, for the most part, it's the chance of winning a set of races cumulatively that matters.

This is wrong 100%.  The hash power needed to race the network is the same in both cases.  The thing that secures the network is TIME, the block time is merely chosen as a number that minimizes forks and allows for propogation, that's it.
buddhamangler

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:37:58 PM

You don't know what you are talking about.  Faster blocks doesn't mean anything.  If bitcoin forked to 1 minute block times, then a transaction with 10 confirmations would be just as secure as one with one confirmation how it is now.  It's not the number of confirmations, its TIME.

That's not true. Each block race is a discrete event, so the chance of a specific miner beating the world to a set of, say, six blocks in a row should be roughly the same regardless of the time between blocks. Difficulty might change the curve a little, but, for the most part, it's the chance of winning a set of races cumulatively that matters.

Given X amount of hashpower and Y difficulty, the time to find a block on average is 10 minutes.  The block time is manipulated by adjusting the difficulty, so your statement is incorrect.  If you want 1 minute bitcoin blocktimes with the same amount of hashpower that exists today, you must decrease the difficulty by a factor of 10, you can't get around that.  So you see, decreasing the time between blocks does nothing, it just decreases the difficulty and thus the security.

So I say again..security of the blockchain given X amount of hashpower is proportional to time, not blocks.

Your belief is a common misconception.
bumpershot

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:49:40 PM

Given X amount of hashpower and Y difficulty, the time to find a block on average is 10 minutes.  The block time is manipulated by adjusting the difficulty, so your statement is incorrect.  If you want 1 minute bitcoin blocktimes with the same amount of hashpower that exists today, you must decrease the difficulty by a factor of 10, you can't get around that.  So you see, decreasing the time between blocks does nothing, it just decreases the difficulty and thus the security.

So I say again..security of the blockchain given X amount of hashpower is proportional to time, not blocks.

Higher block frequency should make the network more secure because, basically, there's more "samples" so the appropriate winner wins more quickly. It's easier for someone with, say, 30% of the hashpower on the network to get lucky a couple of times than to get lucky 20 times. Higher block frequency means less time with the rebel chain in power because things will regulate more quickly.

Higher frequency should also make a 51% attack more effective, but the network's kind of screwed then, anyway.
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:59:34 PM

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
bananafana

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:02:43 PM

If I understand it correctly, this paper:
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
on page 8 argues that the probability of an attacker generating an alternate chain depends on the number of confirmations (z), not on the time between confirmations. Is the analysis wrong?
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:04:12 PM

The above is correct, and simple enough for most to understand... hash vs. difficulty = block average.  Wink

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Paul Revere

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:07:52 PM

Is this like the FBI/CIA creating terrorists so they can destroy them? What the fuck is this retarded fucking asshole saying, and why do these idiots believe him after so many blatant lies? My threshold for branding someone a liar and never believing them again is 1 lie, apparently these morons have somehow been programmed to think the threshold for identifying a liar is ~100,000 blatant lies.

We have to make the coins so we can destroy them! I am soooo Super Cereal!

bumpershot

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:09:30 PM

The above is correct, and simple enough for most to understand... hash vs. difficulty = block average.  Wink

Yeah, average. More blocks = more opportunities for the blockchain to rectify itself. You're fighting deviation, as attackers can select times when they get lucky to doublespend or whatever, and higher block frequency reduces the variance.
Paul Revere

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:51:57 PM

HT'r "Clem" seems to have it all figgered out: https://hashtalk.org/topic/32170/let-s-squash-the-inflation-theories/57

Who cares if the value goes down ~50%/week and all you can use it for is buying hot sauce? It stakes! This is soooo NEW and INNOVATIVE!

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:58:59 PM

HT'r "Clem" seems to have it all figgered out: https://hashtalk.org/topic/32170/let-s-squash-the-inflation-theories/57

Who cares if the value goes down ~50%/week and all you can use it for is buying hot sauce? It stakes! This is soooo NEW and INNOVATIVE!
lol, some of those people truly don't know their arse" from a hole in the ground. Faster and it stakes, wow

PS: I like the neck beard lol

SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:16:06 AM

Xpy is backed not by gold but neck beard!  Grin
Paul Revere

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:16:43 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 12:29:41 AM by Paul Revere

Man, these poor fools are getting clowned hardcore with these silly announcement pumps. I watched this shit all day and no decent Buy Bids were accumulating. At all. And then the asshole has this weird announcement that he has to create coins so that he can destroy them, then does a blatant pump and draws up a solid ~3,000 Buys into the .00325 range and BAM! Puts them in his pocket. What a bunch of SUCKERS!

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:29:04 AM

Ya, xpy at .77 cents ,,, I feel for those who bought in at $4.. or higher.... I am still scratching my head at all of this  Huh

Pages: « 1 ... 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: