Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:21:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376909 times)
torelle

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:41:56 AM

@sdrebel -- on HT you wrote "i believe a fair comparison would be that faking a dkim signature is as easy as solving a btc block. it can happen, but it takes a shitload of computing power to do it"

Nope, that's not right, if by solving a block you mean a miner generating a new block.

It's more like faking a DKIM signature is like finding the private key for an already-generated address, i.e., being able to spend someone else's bitcoins without knowing their private key. Bitcoin is secure because that's so *extremely* computationally difficult. Much harder than generating a candidate block for the blockchain.
this is probably over my head...but isn't that basically the same as solving a block? or not because solving a block is an approximation and for the KDIM we would need the exact key?

You guys need to do some more study on SHA-256.

To break a completely random 2^256 with the biggest computer networks we have currently would literally take more time than the life of the universe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:45:06 AM

@sdrebel -- on HT you wrote "i believe a fair comparison would be that faking a dkim signature is as easy as solving a btc block. it can happen, but it takes a shitload of computing power to do it"

Nope, that's not right, if by solving a block you mean a miner generating a new block.

It's more like faking a DKIM signature is like finding the private key for an already-generated address, i.e., being able to spend someone else's bitcoins without knowing their private key. Bitcoin is secure because that's so *extremely* computationally difficult. Much harder than generating a candidate block for the blockchain.
this is probably over my head...but isn't that basically the same as solving a block? or not because solving a block is an approximation and for the KDIM we would need the exact key?

To break a completely random 2^256 with the biggest computer networks we have currently would literally take more time than the life of the universe.

yes, that I admitted when I said "this is probably over my head"
maybe i'll get to do more research when I have enough time...maybe when my kids turn 6-8 years old and let me breathe (the third one is about -7 days old), so it will take a while
Phbaby

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

©

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:45:51 AM

When we see Josh in Jail?
SDRebel

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:48:43 AM

XPY down to 0.0025 
I think that thread is making a big dent Smiley
bananafana

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:52:05 AM

Don't quote me on this, but the problem the miners solve is a completely different problem. You can generate a hash easily enough, but to be a candidate block for the block chain you have to find a hash that has a certain property -- it has to begin with a certain number of zeros. To increase the difficulty you just increase the number of zeros required. There are an enormous number of hashes that would be valid, but you just have to find one. So you generate as many as you can, as fast as you can, and hope you're the first to find a valid hash.

To forge a DKIM signature, or to spend someone's bitcoin without knowing their private key, you have to solve a problem that's much harder. There's only one right answer and you have to find that exact answer. As far as anyone (outside the NSA anyway) knows the only way to solve it is by brute force, and if that's true then even if you could harness all the hash power of all the bitcoin miners in the world your bitcoins would still be safe.
torelle

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:56:12 AM

maybe i'll get to do more research when I have enough time...maybe when my kids turn 6-8 years old and let me breathe (the third one is about -7 days old), so it will take a while

You're doing well. I have one 2-year old only, and i hardly have time to blink.

With regard to the SHA-256 and DKIM, if those on HT really knew what DKIM and SHA-256 was and how hard it would be to "fake" or "change" an email proven to be signed, they would be very very worried.

Wait, hard isn't the word for it. Impossible is. With current technology.

Although, I didn't need the DKIM signed emails to know that JG has been scamming his customers all this time. The DKIM signed emails was just an indisputable (to those intelligent enough to understand or comprehend the technology, or at least listen to those who do know, or do some research themselves) factual cherry on top.

Now, as to the context of those emails, well, people can say CoinBrief was showing those emails out of context. He may have been joking or somesuch. But let's address the context angle.

If you put those emails into context with EVERYTHING else he has done, it fit's. There is context for you.
SDRebel

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:02:48 AM

not yet i don't think Sad
SDRebel

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:06:16 AM

You're doing well. I have one 2-year old only, and i hardly have time to blink.

With regard to the SHA-256 and DKIM, if those on HT really knew what DKIM and SHA-256 was and how hard it would be to "fake" or "change" an email proven to be signed, they would be very very worried.

Wait, hard isn't the word for it. Impossible is. With current technology.

Although, I didn't need the DKIM signed emails to know that JG has been scamming his customers all this time. The DKIM signed emails was just an indisputable (to those intelligent enough to understand or comprehend the technology, or at least listen to those who do know, or do some research themselves) factual cherry on top.

Now, as to the context of those emails, well, people can say CoinBrief was showing those emails out of context. He may have been joking or somesuch. But let's address the context angle.

If you put those emails into context with EVERYTHING else he has done, it fit's. There is context for you.
yeah, sometimes I barely handle and really look forward to the time they are finally in bed Smiley

bambino was typing nonsense
"Yeah thats what i mean. They are all part of only 1 DKIM signature, so the signature covers the whole email including all responses/quoted emails.

So someone could just have copied an email conversation, altered it a bit and then send it through the gaw server with DKIM. Then made some printscreens/copies of it and then deleted it from the server like nothing happened.

Again im not saying this is the case, but it can be done very easily and only takes a few minutes to do..

All needed is a directadmin/plesk login"
kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:17:54 AM

do those HT ppl think at all? how confusing and stupid would it be if each quoted email would have to be excluded? i mean its possible to make such stupid design but its not DKIM

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6376#section-3.7
and message is defined in https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5598

bananafana described it perfectly
blocks = unlimited answers
dkim = 1 answer. there is no true sha256 collision attack published

edit:
of course Mr. Ganza could fake those quoted emails because they dont contain DKIM sigs. but why would he make him self look worse. makes no sense
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:27:52 AM

Here's another crazy thing which is hard to imagine.

It is a fact the SEC is now investigating Garza, which on its own is no big deal, they investigated Voorhees too and they'll investigate anyone trying to launch or sell any security type of asset without first giving them, the real crooks, their pound of flesh.

But one would think that if Garza, who was rich before Bitcoin, were committing fraud, he would now immediately cease all operations or simply pump all his money to make things right, if he were doing anything illegal which the SEC would certainly find and he would end up in prison.

What already rich guy continues illegal activities while being watched and investigated by the SEC?  Besides Maddoff, I mean.  haha...

Another question which I'm certain nobody can answer.  I'm sorry, but there are so many of these things which simply don't make sense and which point to something bigger, a real plan.  Whether that plan is executed competently or succeeds is a different story but the more I dig through this the less I see the odds of an outright scam.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:35:11 AM

It is a fact the SEC is now investigating Garza, which on its own is no big deal, they investigated Voorhees too and they'll investigate anyone trying to launch or sell any security type of asset without first giving them, the real crooks, their pound of flesh.

But one would think that if Garza, who was rich before Bitcoin, were committing fraud, he would now immediately cease all operations or simply pump all his money to make things right, if he were doing anything illegal which the SEC would certainly find and he would end up in prison.

What already rich guy continues illegal activities while being watched and investigated by the SEC?  Besides Maddoff, I mean.  haha...

Another question which I'm certain nobody can answer.  I'm sorry, but there are so many of these things which simply don't make sense and which point to something bigger, a real plan.  Whether that plan is executed competently or succeeds is a different story but the more I dig through this the less I see the odds of an outright scam.

Why would you have any faith in this master plan when so many of the previous plans have failed? Or is that all part of the master plan?
kken01
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:35:30 AM

where is your proof that Mr. Ganza was rich? you make a lot of statements and declare them as facts with no evidence
when your foundation is built on faulty assumptions you cannot use logic, everything after is just gibberish

actually i doubt that he is rich right now
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:35:41 AM

XPY down to 0.0025 
I think that thread is making a big dent Smiley

Oh wow, I didn't see that.  Maybe it will hit my $.50 target after-all.  Now I gotta figure out where to get some BTC to buy some more.  haha

So what's the catalyst for this drop?  Must be the news about PayBase being hacked.  

I really should have traded/sold half my position as soon as I heard about that yesterday.  

Well, now I'm actually hoping we hit $.50, I think lots of people would panic dump at that level so I would probably average down there if I can clear some BTC.

Thanks for the update!

TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:36:45 AM

Glad to see you blatantly ignored my post.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:38:20 AM

where is your proof that Mr. Ganza was rich? you make a lot of statements and declare them as facts with no evidence
when your foundation is built on faulty assumptions you cannot use logic, everything after is just gibberis

From this very thread, posted by you bashers.

Apparently, according to you bashers, Mr. Garza's father-in-law and thus, his wife, is a millionaire.

One would assume then, that when a man marries a rich woman, he too lives a comfortable life and wouldn't throw that away to sell some hashlets.

And since rich people tend to marry other rich proof, it's possible that Garza was himself a millionaire before he got married.  But that is pure speculation on my part.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:40:17 AM

Glad to see you blatantly ignored my post.

This thread moves fast and I simply don't have time to read every single post.  

I assure you I didn't blatantly ignore anything.

Post it again or tell me which is page it's on and I'll gladly address it.

Cheers!

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:42:26 AM

Don't tell Vlad that it's 25k USD, not XPY, he might get too excited for his own good. His lack of basic reading comprehension is quite entertaining.

for the most part it's not that, it's just that he has only read about 1% of this thread. he lacks all the facts.

You're making a brave assumption that Vlad wants the facts Wink. I don't think he does, the facts are all over the place and he refuses to look at them even when shoved directly in his face.

the third one is about -7 days old

In this case you should be banned from the forums for a few months at least Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:43:57 AM

I also wanna add that I am personally involved in 4 different coins and I also invest in dozens of other coins.  I try to read up on them all daily but that's just too much information to look at everyday.  I read what I can so I can make informed trades since right now I'm living off my trades and XPY is now one of those coins; albeit, it has become one of my more involved investments due to the big potential I see for a short term pop.

kken01
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:45:48 AM

Mr. Ganza didnt marry rich. if you would have read the continuation of that. it was a wild rumor only and was shot down
Mr. Ganza barely graduated from high school

anyways it doesnt really matter if he was rich or not when he started. most people want to accumulate more wealth. you pick the weirdest straw mans
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:50:02 AM

Don't tell Vlad that it's 25k USD, not XPY, he might get too excited for his own good. His lack of basic reading comprehension is quite entertaining.

Oh, I'm sorry, ONLY $25,000?

Hahahaaa.

So right now, that's actually MORE than 25,000 XPY.

Talk about poor reading comprehension skills - or are your first grade math skills that poor.

Show me a new coin or even an old established coin, let alone a supposed scam coin, which has offered such huge, generous opportunities to their community?

Like I said, Litecoin, the second biggest coins at the time (in 2013) and founded and ran by rich Bitcoin early adopters were begging for donations to develop LTC and never once paid out anything like this to their community.

And doge, anything they gave out was from their near infinite dilution and for massive free PR.

I don't see any free PR for garza or XPY - it looks to me like generous goodwill yet you guys are still calling it a scam.

I wish more scammers had such generous tendencies towards goodwill for their crypto community.  lol

Pages: « 1 ... 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: