Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:37:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376928 times)
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:01:38 AM

TheMage,
While it would help XPY that you provide input and help them improve, i honestly believe the coin is doomed. It has waaaaay too much baggage to survive. There's also the small detail of someone controlling at least 4.7M coins....unless GAW gave all those coins to XPY, which i'm 99.9% sure won't happen, then there's no hope (in my honest opinion).

It may be doomed, but that doesnt mean that I cant offer help and suggestions Smiley. FYI the premine would be something I push to remove.

I think my reputation along with the folks in this thread who know me can certainly vouch for me. I felt I needed to post this because people are targeting folks who they shouldnt, they should be targeting one and only one person, Mr Garza.

I empathize with many of the victims being baited into this scam but the blame doesn't just exist with Josh and senior management team but directly with the coin itself. The the tiered hyper-inflationary nature, significant premine, centralization, buggy code, and almost everything else about this project was offensive. If part of the group wants to splitoff and produce paycoin 3 than they need to consider that our anger isn't just directed toward the fraud committed by GAW but some fundamental aspects of XPY.

They and you may as well start completely over with a brand new PoS coin or better yet stop producing these things and work on the most legitimate alt or bitcoin itself rather than creating another unnecessary coin.

I'm not involved in all with the exception that I would consult, essentially telling them what they need to fix in order to become relevant. And I do work on the most legitimate alt (as well as a few others, and bitcoin Wink ).

I think my reputation along with the folks in this thread who know me can certainly vouch for me. I felt I needed to post this because people are targeting folks who they shouldnt, they should be targeting one and only one person, Mr Garza.

I empathize with many of the victims being baited into this scam but the blame doesn't just exist with Josh and senior management team but directly with the coin itself. The the tiered hyper-inflationary nature, significant premine, centralization, buggy code, and almost everything else about this project was offensive. If part of the group wants to splitoff and produce paycoin 3 than they need to consider that our anger isn't just directed toward the fraud committed by GAW but some fundamental aspects of XPY.

agree, so at that point, instead of paycoin 2 or paycoin 3, i believe it's way better to instead work in a coin that really has relevant features and that has been honest from the start
(i.e. coins like neos have great features but don't have the marketing or the backing) ...and then there's the obvious gorilla in the room: litecoin. if all the money and time spent by all the people around XPY were invested in litecoin, then it could be growing a lot more than it has.

I LOVE neos, im very good friends with syntaks Cheesy. And yes, dat gorilla....lol!

So I want to add some additional information to this conversation, or more of a reminder to the folks here.

I registered at hashtalk, and made a few posts (amazingly I haven't been banned yet!). I've had a few personal convo's with folks, and I want to remind everyone that there are real genuine people that were swept up in the hype being supporters and got swindled.

Why am I posting this?

Well, because 1. I have a soft spot for genuine people and 2. we really shouldn't shun people if in the end they understand what has transpired. Mr Garza has done some very shady and unscrupulous things, but dont directly take it out on others who have been tricked into his weave of deception.

Two people I want to point out here, and sure I may get trolled for it, but they are Scott Fargo and BitJane. I had a long convo with Bitjane and she seems to have moved on to other things. I think (but this is speculation from me since I didn't directly ask) that she now understands what has happened and no longer wants to be associated with GAW. She is trying to help build up another community unassociated with GAW, and I personally give kudos to her for doing so.

On Scott, I have been trading emails back and forth with him and in the spirit of being transparent I will be doing an interview with him. However, I ended up having a 2 hour phone convo with him last night that really proved to me that he is a die hard crypto community member (not a die hard GAW supporter). He is very curious and ambitious about cryptos, and loves to learn about everything that is going on from the technology to businesses (being a news reporter I can understand why he has this desire). In the end, between both persons I am convinced that they are good people and got dragged into this mess. I would think that I am a good judge of people, and I hope this will ease the trolling off a bit (directly, like emails and such).

Also as I mentioned on hashtalk, I offered to consult on the new XYPteam and their new ventures on fixing the code. I have been put in contact with them via a third party but I have not responded yet, mainly because I am trying to figure out if they are a separate group from GAW. If so, I am more than happy to tell them what needs to be fixed. Their community has taken a beating, mainly from the company that has control of the code base, which is unacceptable to me.

EDIT: Due to the suggestion of someone else, I should state the opinions above are from me and my thoughts on GAW. Not representing any other company or entity.

I don't know BitJane but I agree that Scott Fargo from my brief communication with him sounded like a genuine enthusiast and journalist taking a disproportionate amount of blame. Also keep in mind CCN's (not Fargo's personal) relationship with GAW, uncovered in the e-mails and also now in CoinFire's article.

I disagree regarding XPY though. I think you'd be wasting your time with that one. 97% premine was and remains its death warrant, unless TeamXPY can somehow neutralize that and remove GAW completely. Even then, TeamXPY is headed by Adam Matlack aka Huey, "disciple maker" from Texas, also head of XPY Foundation (the "non-profit"). There is something fishy in all this, be careful or the stink will follow you forever Smiley

Yea Scott got the raw end of everything for trying to help people out. He seems to be a really stand up guy!

As far as the wasting time, this is cryptos! It can fork to remove 97% premine Wink. Also just to state I have ZERO holdings in paycoin Smiley.

So I want to add some additional information to this conversation, or more of a reminder to the folks here.

I registered at hashtalk, and made a few posts (amazingly I haven't been banned yet!). I've had a few personal convo's with folks, and I want to remind everyone that there are real genuine people that were swept up in the hype being supporters and got swindled.

Why am I posting this?

Well, because 1. I have a soft spot for genuine people and 2. we really shouldn't shun people if in the end they understand what has transpired. Mr Garza has done some very shady and unscrupulous things, but dont directly take it out on others who have been tricked into his weave of deception.

Two people I want to point out here, and sure I may get trolled for it, but they are Scott Fargo and BitJane. I had a long convo with Bitjane and she seems to have moved on to other things. I think (but this is speculation from me since I didn't directly ask) that she now understands what has happened and no longer wants to be associated with GAW. She is trying to help build up another community unassociated with GAW, and I personally give kudos to her for doing so.

On Scott, I have been trading emails back and forth with him and in the spirit of being transparent I will be doing an interview with him. However, I ended up having a 2 hour phone convo with him last night that really proved to me that he is a die hard crypto community member (not a die hard GAW supporter). He is very curious and ambitious about cryptos, and loves to learn about everything that is going on from the technology to businesses (being a news reporter I can understand why he has this desire). In the end, between both persons I am convinced that they are good people and got dragged into this mess. I would think that I am a good judge of people, and I hope this will ease the trolling off a bit (directly, like emails and such).

Also as I mentioned on hashtalk, I offered to consult on the new XYPteam and their new ventures on fixing the code. I have been put in contact with them via a third party but I have not responded yet, mainly because I am trying to figure out if they are a separate group from GAW. If so, I am more than happy to tell them what needs to be fixed. Their community has taken a beating, mainly from the company that has control of the code base, which is unacceptable to me.

EDIT: Due to the suggestion of someone else, I should state the opinions above are from me and my thoughts on GAW. Not representing any other company or entity.

I don't know BitJane but I agree that Scott Fargo from my brief communication with him sounded like a genuine enthusiast and journalist taking a disproportionate amount of blame. Also keep in mind CCN's (not Fargo's personal) relationship with GAW, uncovered in the e-mails and also now in CoinFire's article.

I disagree regarding XPY though. I think you'd be wasting your time with that one. 97% premine was and remains its death warrant, unless TeamXPY can somehow neutralize that and remove GAW completely. Even then, TeamXPY is headed by Adam Matlack aka Huey, "disciple maker" from Texas, also head of XPY Foundation (the "non-profit"). There is something fishy in all this, be careful or the stink will follow you forever Smiley

I will second that Scott Fargo is genuine and taking more blame than he should. I do not know about Bitjane..

I firmly believe BitJane was also swept into this more than she should have been IMO.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
vnhyp0

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:06:10 AM

I will second that Scott Fargo is genuine and taking more blame than he should. I do not know about Bitjane..
I think bitjane did wake up a while ago. on twitter she was also calling out Homero to make things right. I think she invited friends to this "investment" and they were losing money. I think that was the breaking point (she mentioned friends but I don't know if it was HT friends or personal/work friends).

I just meant that I do not know anything about Bitjane; Scott Fargo I can comment on though. I hope you are correct though, since already too many that have been duped by GAW.

QQ: 2228207157
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:08:22 AM

Here is the latest report regarding GAW by our team. We've included a few new unseen documents and information.

Coinfire, you know I like you guys but you know I gotta ask this after today's unbelievable fiasco with Coinbrief.

Are you in any way related to, involved with or currently committing acts of terrorism against American companies, on behalf of ISIS or any other extremist Islamic organizations?

Yes, even if you are ISIS, a la Coinbrief, I would expect an honest answer.  lol

You guys know some crazy new shit is gonna hit tomorrow.  Something unreal!  I still can't believe Coinbrief editor [per CNN article] was an idiot ISIS terrorist recruiter.  WOW!  haha!

so, if some editor, say, for Engadget, also did recruiting for ISIS, would you condemn the whole website? really? are you judging all his coworkers for one's actions?
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:10:41 AM

TheMage,
While it would help XPY that you provide input and help them improve, i honestly believe the coin is doomed. It has waaaaay too much baggage to survive. There's also the small detail of someone controlling at least 4.7M coins....unless GAW gave all those coins to XPY, which i'm 99.9% sure won't happen, then there's no hope (in my honest opinion).

It may be doomed, but that doesnt mean that I cant offer help and suggestions Smiley. FYI the premine would be something I push to remove.

They and you may as well start completely over with a brand new PoS coin or better yet stop producing these things and work on the most legitimate alt or bitcoin itself rather than creating another unnecessary coin.

I'm not involved in all with the exception that I would consult, essentially telling them what they need to fix in order to become relevant. And I do work on the most legitimate alt (as well as a few others, and bitcoin Wink ).

agree, so at that point, instead of paycoin 2 or paycoin 3, i believe it's way better to instead work in a coin that really has relevant features and that has been honest from the start
(i.e. coins like neos have great features but don't have the marketing or the backing) ...and then there's the obvious gorilla in the room: litecoin. if all the money and time spent by all the people around XPY were invested in litecoin, then it could be growing a lot more than it has.

I LOVE neos, im very good friends with syntaks Cheesy. And yes, dat gorilla....lol!

Why am I posting this?

Yea Scott got the raw end of everything for trying to help people out. He seems to be a really stand up guy!

As far as the wasting time, this is cryptos! It can fork to remove 97% premine Wink. Also just to state I have ZERO holdings in paycoin Smiley.

Why am I posting this?

I firmly believe BitJane was also swept into this more than she should have been IMO.

so "essentially telling them what they need to fix in order to become relevant" and ". FYI the premine would be something I push to remove. "
basically the answer would be ... (go back in history and remove GAW from it Smiley )

..and syntaks needs our help. he's 100% coding and 0% marketing Tongue
Hektur

Activity: 271

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:17:36 AM

Bitjane was swept farther into this than she really wanted to.  I have talked to her several times and I'll vouch for her.

I'll confirm this to SDrebel and Suchmoon on GH if they want to know.

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:22:34 AM

(i.e. coins like neos have great features but don't have the marketing or the backing) 

For now, Neos is in a very positive way the exact opposite of XPY... Honest and skilled Dev, great features etc.
Give it a little time and it will be what XPY pretends to be.
truckinusa

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:23:24 AM

Yeah, got swept in myself.  It was definitely something normal people with average intelligence got suckered into.  I learned a good lesson though.  Had some fun too.  The nature of a ponzi allowed me to get most of my $1500 invested back.  I know others weren't so lucky.

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:31:47 AM

so "essentially telling them what they need to fix in order to become relevant" and ". FYI the premine would be something I push to remove. "
basically the answer would be ... (go back in history and remove GAW from it Smiley )

..and syntaks needs our help. he's 100% coding and 0% marketing Tongue

Yup pretty much Smiley.

And yes  know syntaks needs help. I am a personal friend of his and he has sacrificed much, much, much, more than any other developer I know. I have done as much as I can to support him and plan to continue to do so. We NEED people like him in cryptos!

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:48:42 AM

The level of blind trolling here is SHOCKING.

Coinbrief was ran by an ISIS recruiter yet NOT ONE person here thinks it's relevant.

It proves this entire thread is 99% sock puppets trying to kill XPY's price.

Sorry... I'm just quoting Vlad here... because he brings some awesome-sauce crazy back to this thread.

It's gotten too normal, and back-slapping rah-rah here.

Grin
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 06:50:48 AM

For now, Neos is in a very positive way the exact opposite of XPY... Honest and skilled Dev, great features etc.

Sadly a good coin also needs financial backing for good development and active promotion.

One great example [and there are dozens] is BlakeCoin, it is such a good coin and coded by one of the best devs in the world [BlueDragon] that it scared someone [From China] enough to spend $10,000 per day [for weeks] to DDOS it.  

And yet it only has a cap of $20k.

Nobody cares about good honest devs or great coding.  And in a way they're right, without money there's no way to promote any coin and push it mainstream.  This is why I focus on coins with deep pocket backers.

Only one has to work out.  Only one!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 06:54:26 AM

Sorry... I'm just quoting Vlad here... because he brings some awesome-sauce crazy back to this thread.

It's gotten too normal, and back-slapping rah-rah here.

Grin

Thanks for the shameless plug.  lol

But seriously, when I read that CNN article today I just couldn't believe it.  Like, what's gonna hit next?

And I expected this thread to be packed with people talking shit about Coinbrief and questioning heir motives but I didn't find a single post.  Supposedly someone mentioned it 20 pages back.

Hey, it's only ISIS.  If it were Aliens from outer space, maybe it would be a big deal.  lol

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:59:50 AM

There is absolutely no point in quoting Vlad - not even "for grins".  He's more than sufficiently annoying like this as it is:

Do us all a favor, and just don't....
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 07:04:18 AM

There is absolutely no point in quoting vlad.  He's more than sufficiently annoying like this as it is:

I bet you're the loudest bitch on HT when you get censored.  All hypocrites are.

I've been here 2 years and I haven't put a single person on ignore.

And I have had guys like Spoetnik troll me hard for months.

It takes a real man to deal with reality and with all various types of people! 

Hold on to your Mangina real tight when you cry:  unfair!  haha

supercarton

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:08:54 AM

I'm sorry folks but I have no choice but to quote Vlad on this one...

I know that Josh scammed me. But I've lost so much money, I can't accept that I'm wrong. Sorry if I annoy everyone with my shit. I just hope that the price will get back to at least $2-3 so I can get a part of my investment back Sad
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:09:15 AM

Sadly a good coin also needs financial backing for good development and active promotion.

One great example [and there are dozens] is BlakeCoin, it is such a good coin and coded by one of the best devs in the world [BlueDragon] that it scared someone [From China] enough to spend $10,000 per day [for weeks] to DDOS it.  

And yet it only has a cap of $20k.

Nobody cares about good honest devs or great coding.  And in a way they're right, without money there's no way to promote any coin and push it mainstream.  This is why I focus on coins with deep pocket backers.

Only one has to work out.  Only one!

I don't know you but you're Posts in this thread seems to me, like you're focusing and defending a dying Scam-Coin. ;-)

And I disagree about "nobody cares about good honest devs or great coding". It's the base. Without that, all the Hypes and PR and money-backing will lead to loss for most of all Investors. I never buy a project that is focusing FIRST on PR and Hype instead of coding and real quality. I'm invested in Neos because they do the things in the right order. Quality needs real work and time and then... is time for PR and Hype and rising prices. I sleep very well with that and I would get out of my mind if I would have my money in something like XPY. It's about potential... XPY doesn't have it. In my opinion the main-problem in Crypto is the naivety and ignorance on Investor-Side. But... the collective will learn and the money will flow to Projects with real value like Neos. It's just a matter of time.
madoka

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:19:13 AM

hahaha.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 07:24:59 AM

I know that Josh scammed me. But I've lost so much money, I can't accept that I'm wrong. Sorry if I annoy everyone with my shit. I just hope that the price will get back to at least $2-3 so I can get a part of my investment back Sad

That was cruel. I almost had my hopes up that Vlad finally got his prescription refilled.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:53:22 AM

There is absolutely no point in quoting vlad.  He's more than sufficiently annoying like this as it is:

I bet you're the loudest bitch on HT when you get censored.  All hypocrites are.

I've been here 2 years and I haven't put a single person on ignore.

And I have had guys like Spoetnik troll me hard for months.

It takes a real man to deal with reality and with all various types of people!  

Hold on to your Mangina real tight when you cry:  unfair!  haha

I miss Spoetnik, this place isn't the same without him. He could certainly dish out the trolling but he couldn't take it when people trolled him lol

Lucky he left before PayCoin, I can only imagine the shitstorm he would have created since Blocknet was nothing compared to XPY.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:55:55 AM

My spat for the night -

BitJane and Scott F. had their chance and chose their poison a while ago. They may have changed their tune recently, but I know what they said about me and others last fall when we were only trying to enlighten those they influenced ...and it is what it is. Regardless, I hold no ill feelings towards them. I just believe they are opportunists like Garza and lack the level of character and common sense people in their positions should have.

On that note, Alex, Paycoin 1, 2, 3, etc. and everything related to that venture saga is a waste of time and effort in addition to being a conflict of interest in my opinion.

There is no saving that ship; just let it sink.

Scott-

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:08:13 AM

That was cruel. I almost had my hopes up that Vlad finally got his prescription refilled.

He's got all of  what - 4 BTC did he say - invested and moaning about the price?  When it gets up over 1,000 BTC, let me know and I might feel a little sorry for him because he'll be starting to have some idea of how much I lost.  When he gets in over 1250 BTC, then he'll have some idea of how deep you can lose your shit to a charismatic scammer.

Oh - did I just get trolled on that one?  Pffftt.

Hey suchmoon - good job on getting a vote for a Champion's badge Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: