Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 01:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:15:51 PM

I guess here's my disconnect. I can buy BTC with USD at coinbase. I have a verified checking account that I move USD into when I need BTC. I go to coinbase and press a couple of buttons and I can ask for $38 worth of BTC and mash the button and it says OK. [ Insert 30-60 minute wait for confirmations ]You now have $38 worth of BTC. That's it. When you tell me I can exchange USD for BAY, I expect to be hooked up with a buy/sell button to exchange $38 for BAY. Press the button, it says OK and the BAY are in my wallet. If the exchange of $$ > BAY is more difficult than $$ > BTC, then what am I gaining by using BAY? I'll stick with BTC because it's easier.

I think of it like this. I can teach my 10 year grandkid to buy BTC in my coinbase account in less than an hour. You have said that I will be able to exchange USD for BAY in the client. When will there be a secure, reliable exchange mechanism I can teach to my grandkid in under an hour? Otherwise, what's the point here?

Are you fudding this or something? There IS a Buy/Sell button in BitBay and BitHalo. Once you enter the info in once, its saved and you only have to click the button once. It will then buy at market price for USD. If the market price fluctuates your order will too.

Everything is automatic, thats the point of a template. If you allow western union you might have to log in and send money (oh the agony!)

Also, are you a soccer mom, 15 year old, or a dude with grandkids? lol... your "grandkids" will probably be driving flying cars when they grow up.

Tell me if this is too complex for you... you click "Buy coins" enter how much,  and you are done. Is that too complex for you?

Furthermore, Coinbase is not avaiable anywhere but america... lol. Arent you forgetting 99% of the world that has no way to buy Bitcoin? They can do that here no matter what country. Halo just solved a huge, huge problem. Problem solved international cash decentralized anonymous peer to peer transactions.

Also if China bans BTC, guess what? People can still use Halo. Its anonymous because its peer to peer. Coinbase reports you as suspicious if you transact too much and you will get audited... have fun with Coinbase lol. And Coinbase has been known to revoke high frequency accounts for no reason. If China bans BTC, then can buy in Halo because its anonymous/peer to peer. Any funding method is available. I would like to see Coinbase take Western Union. Do they take western union? ohhh thats right they dont.

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:23:50 PM

You're still on my ignorelist and I guess you will stay there with the bs you're talking.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:24:39 PM

I guess here's my disconnect. I can buy BTC with USD at coinbase. I have a verified checking account that I move USD into when I need BTC. I go to coinbase and press a couple of buttons and I can ask for $38 worth of BTC and mash the button and it says OK. [ Insert 30-60 minute wait for confirmations ]You now have $38 worth of BTC. That's it. When you tell me I can exchange USD for BAY, I expect to be hooked up with a buy/sell button to exchange $38 for BAY. Press the button, it says OK and the BAY are in my wallet. If the exchange of $$ > BAY is more difficult than $$ > BTC, then what am I gaining by using BAY? I'll stick with BTC because it's easier.

I think of it like this. I can teach my 10 year grandkid to buy BTC in my coinbase account in less than an hour. You have said that I will be able to exchange USD for BAY in the client. When will there be a secure, reliable exchange mechanism I can teach to my grandkid in under an hour? Otherwise, what's the point here?

I think that u are talking about 2 different things here. Coinbase is a dedicated web for to sell and buy BTC but what u get with Bitbay is a complete and decentralize marketplace... u can not automatize that... and it will be not so easy to learn for ur grandkid Wink

pd: sorry for my english
Your english is pretty good Smiley

Yes you can automate a lot of it. For example, you can run an automation script to wire money from certain banks by logging in online the same way a webserver does it, you can automate payments via western union with someone who has an online account. I think in theory there is nothing you can do with a website that you cant do p2p.

For now the only part that will be manual is actually sending the wire or sending the cash. The rest (forms, funding details, exchange rate) will be automated right out the gate.
DeezCoinz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:01:29 AM

"You will be able to exchange Bay directly to US$ in the client and on exchanges"

So that will be done through wire transfer, etc. Exactly who is the intended audience for this coin?

When you say exchange USD for BAY at exchanges, do you mean like I can exchange BTC for BAY today or something else?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:43:30 PM

"You will be able to exchange Bay directly to US$ in the client and on exchanges"

So that will be done through wire transfer, etc. Exactly who is the intended audience for this coin?

When you say exchange USD for BAY at exchanges, do you mean like I can exchange BTC for BAY today or something else?

Any method you can use to send cash is supported. The audience is everyone who wants to buy crypto especially countries without access to coinbase
and especially people who do not trust centralized companies. These Halo contracts cant be broken so the risk with coinbase is that they take your wire
or take your bitcoins. Remember mt gox? They took .5 billion dollars. If they used double deposit with their wire transfers that would not have happened.

You can exchange BTC for BAY using microtrading. I'm finishing up coding Blackcoins NightTrader exchange which goes into BlackHalo and other Halo clients.
This exchange uses smart contracts to exchange between any two coins without an exchange.

In theory you can already do that in Bay but NightTrader is meant to make it user friendly.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:45:19 PM

You can exchange for $ here: https://c-cex.com/?p=bay-usd

We are looking at other exchanges as well
jm1978

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:17:53 AM

Hi David!

i have a problem with the Beta client. Since 2 days it is saying that is Synchronizing but still is at block 80640 and the bar says 0%. Sad What is happening? Maybe u have some ideas.
Thanks in advance for the help

pd: thnks for to made clear the auto-chances of the Bitbay client. Im not a programmer so, im not so good knowing this kind of things Wink
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:24:27 AM

Hmm if you click on the history tab, does it say "not connected to the internet"? Because, the software checks a standard ip address to see if the internet is going. Specifically, http://74.125.228.100 which is a google ip address that used to give a quick response for slow internet. I noticed that link has been down. My new version im working on also checks google.com if that fails i suppose i could also check to see if we connected to any nodes on the network as an alternative although that isnt immediate.

So yeah, it should synchronize even if it says 0% i know thats sort of strange however, that address should come back online. If it thinks its not connected to the internet it wont get the time online and thus will not be able to calculate an estimated block height(of course it can also use the computers timestamp but its always best to have 2 because of differences in timestamps).

Anyways, let me know if that node goes back online otherwise it will be in the next update. If it is stuck at block 80640, you could try restarting your client. Just exit and come back in. If it still is stuck please send me the debug.log which is in the bitbaydata folder.
jfglassworks

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:11:18 PM

David,

I'm having issues with the marketplace as well.  Syncing to correct block but the history tab has "no internet connection" and the balance on main tab is "not up to date" and doesn't reflect my correct balance. Been since the 21st that something went wonky as I had a deposit to wallet then but my deposit to wallet from the 25th refuses to show up.

Do we just need to wait for next update? My balance on the block explorer is correct, just not in wallet.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:21:32 PM

David,

I'm having issues with the marketplace as well.  Syncing to correct block but the history tab has "no internet connection" and the balance on main tab is "not up to date" and doesn't reflect my correct balance. Been since the 21st that something went wonky as I had a deposit to wallet then but my deposit to wallet from the 25th refuses to show up.

Do we just need to wait for next update? My balance on the block explorer is correct, just not in wallet.

Yes the issue you are having is the same as above. The google server it pings to see if there is internet connection is down. Thus it doesnt realize its online. Ive already fixed this. Either it will come back online or in the next update a different method is already being used.
blacktea286

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:11:36 AM

Such a great bitbay, the price is so low, it is covered up tall image of david. The bitbay team of the promotion personnel should work hard.
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:23:15 AM

Such a great bitbay, the price is so low, it is covered up tall image of david. The bitbay team of the promotion personnel should work hard.

It is indeed a great Bitbay, the price is where the market believe it should be and to be honest i am happy with it where it is at the moment it is no rush is it? I am sure the right promotions will come when they are ready, this is still in beta testing so lets wait until public release.

@ David I am running linux and it has come to my notice the last few times logging in that i am lagging and getting a slow response has anyone else reported this?

Thanks.
urdubit

Activity: 104

The First Pakistan Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 05:59:07 AM

The old wallet kept on crashing on me. So I reverted back to old wallet. I hope that wont effect staking. Since I am running windows xp Wink
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:14:18 PM

It is indeed a great Bitbay, the price is where the market believe it should be and to be honest i am happy with it where it is at the moment it is no rush is it? I am sure the right promotions will come when they are ready, this is still in beta testing so lets wait until public release.

@ David I am running linux and it has come to my notice the last few times logging in that i am lagging and getting a slow response has anyone else reported this?

Thanks.

Yes it mostly on Linux and I'm pretty sure the issue is going to be fixed in the next version i think. Ive made some UI performance updates.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:15:41 PM

The old wallet kept on crashing on me. So I reverted back to old wallet. I hope that wont effect staking. Since I am running windows xp Wink

Can you PM me with a description of what happened? Thanks
mrcashking

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:21:13 PM

Thanks.

Yes it mostly on Linux and I'm pretty sure the issue is going to be fixed in the next version i think. Ive made some UI performance updates.

Oh that is good thank you for letting me know that it is not just my computer lol I will look forward and stay tuned to catch the next fixed version as I would love to do some trades on there but I am not really able to like this. UI performance update sounds good to me. I will be here Smiley
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:52:47 PM

Thanks.

Oh that is good thank you for letting me know that it is not just my computer lol I will look forward and stay tuned to catch the next fixed version as I would love to do some trades on there but I am not really able to like this. UI performance update sounds good to me. I will be here Smiley

Yes this next version is focused on stability and its my closest version yet to being commercial. ive got to see if the bug for speed in linux i fixed was not related to a common pyqt bug or not. I changed the way file saving is done so your hard disk doesnt slow the GUI down. Tons of changes were made. Most critically, i made it so BitBay deletes old emails once contracts complete. That will speed up messaging too. So now, there is just templates and NT exchange.
mrcashking

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:22:14 AM

Thanks.

Yes this next version is focused on stability and its my closest version yet to being commercial. ive got to see if the bug for speed in linux i fixed was not related to a common pyqt bug or not. I changed the way file saving is done so your hard disk doesnt slow the GUI down. Tons of changes were made. Most critically, i made it so BitBay deletes old emails once contracts complete. That will speed up messaging too. So now, there is just templates and NT exchange.

Sounds very good being closer to commercial and I feel privileged to have a nice stack this early on! The projects future looks so bright bringing what is needed to the crypto world not taking from it like 7/10 try/want to do.

Yeh the speed issue is a little annoying but I will be holding out however long it takes to be fully fixed as I have tried it on windows and it is much more smooth and responsive. The templates are to make the process even easier I take it?

It is already simple I may add but anything to make it easier and more simple for average joe will be awesome. Looking forward to NT get some decentralized trading going on!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:31:12 PM

Thanks.

Sounds very good being closer to commercial and I feel privileged to have a nice stack this early on! The projects future looks so bright bringing what is needed to the crypto world not taking from it like 7/10 try/want to do.

Yeh the speed issue is a little annoying but I will be holding out however long it takes to be fully fixed as I have tried it on windows and it is much more smooth and responsive. The templates are to make the process even easier I take it?

It is already simple I may add but anything to make it easier and more simple for average joe will be awesome. Looking forward to NT get some decentralized trading going on!

The templates are for all of the things needed. Forms, for example shipping information or bank or funding info. Perhaps encrypted info and any automation. Like if an automated payment is needed etc.
hossy

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 12:42:20 PM

nice support for bitbay at the moment looks like this baby going to go on another run  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: