Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:28:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541882 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:07:58 PM

Is it possible to stake on a Raspberry Pi?

My computer is on it's last leg and would like to stake while I build a new rig.

I wouldnt worry about it at this moment until the stake is updated it is running at a tiny level right now. Unless you have 10's of millions.

Don't make assumptions on my wallet size.

There is this key word there "unless". That indicates I have no clue how many you have.

Anyway since you have been helpfully told NO it will not stake on pi

and

I tried to calm your fears of losing huge amounts of staking until you get your new rig set up then you must do as you will that suits your wallet size best that only you are able to decide.

If you have 10's of millions I would get your new rig up and going as soon as possible or even any machine that will allow you to stake because with that amount then staking is probably well worth it even now.

Make use of the cold staking feature for added security too so nobody can take your stash. 

drambuee

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:40:00 AM

Can someone explain how to cold stake? Can you do it from the qt wallet?
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:31:04 AM

Can someone explain how to cold stake? Can you do it from the qt wallet?

This feature is currently working for computers on the same LAN (Local Area Network), and research is being done now into how to make it possible to connect the two systems over the internet. Working out the details for this has been a challenge due to firewalls and dynamic IP addresses, but once it is completed in a future release, we will provide you with the information you need to make it work for you.

I will make a detailed screenshot tutorial in the near future. Been so busy with other duties.

To cold stake with 2 computers in the same LAN, they both need a Client running.
In the Settings tab, click on General Settings, then click on Mining/Staking Voting tab.
Inside you will see another tab called Staking Multiple Accounts, in this window you can add an account. Load up one private key and click cancel when it asks you to load the 2nd key). Then do the same procedure on your other computer, yet when asked to load up key, you will load up the 2nd key and then cancel out for 2nd option to load key.
That way you would have one account. To create one account in BitBay's Client, you need 2 keys paired to each other. So one computer would have one key out of the pair, and the other computer would have the other key out of the pair. This makes a complete account yet between 2 computers.

You need to know the lan ip address of one of the computers. Once you know this address you simply enter it into the other computers Client. To do this go to Settings tab, click on general settings, then click on the Mining/Staking Voting tab
In this section you will see a field that lets you enter the ip address of the other computer you wish to connect to. If for some reason it can't connect it will let you know. Otherwise, once you enter the ip address, you can close out the window and your now cold staking!

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Bolton58

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:01:03 AM

Is there a slack?
jchi18

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:07:13 AM

I am invested and watching.  Can't wait to see how this develops.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:51:56 AM

Is there a slack?

http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

Zimtente

Activity: 116

Quack.

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:32:15 AM

hi,

im just curious came across this coin because of cryptohunter mentioned it in some other thread.

what exactly does the coin/plattform offer to me as an end user? tried to get a clue with the initial post here but maybe im too stupid to get it Cheesy

would like to get some clarification - maybe will invest in it some bugs

thanks in advance

cheers
Zimtente

Activity: 116

Quack.

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:43:42 AM

hi,

im just curious came across this coin because of cryptohunter mentioned it in some other thread.

what exactly does the coin/plattform offer to me as an end user? tried to get a clue with the initial post here but maybe im too stupid to get it Cheesy

thanks in advance

cheers

bone idle laziness

ok maybe i should have mentioned what i DID get ;-P sorry for that.

i see smart contracts. a lot of coins are promoting smart contracts. (eth?) i see decentralized market places? is not waves also doing something similar? that freezing/unfreezing thing is nice though i dont get what it is able to achive for me as a user. or what it is practical to be used for

sorry if i might sound stupid, just wanted to ask

thanks anyway
cr197

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:39:45 PM

hi,

thanks in advance

cheers

bone idle laziness

ok maybe i should have mentioned what i DID get ;-P sorry for that.

i see smart contracts. a lot of coins are promoting smart contracts. (eth?) i see decentralized market places? is not waves also doing something similar? that freezing/unfreezing thing is nice though i dont get what it is able to achive for me as a user. or what it is practical to be used for

sorry if i might sound stupid, just wanted to ask

thanks anyway

The 2 main focal points are price stability and trustless transactions. The whole point of satoshi's dream was to create something to remove the middleman out of the equation in regards to controlling your money and doing business with others. Bitcoin was a great start, but it isn't a complete product. 99% of all types of services provided for cryptocurrencies still require some form of trust and 3rd party affiliate - which means middlemen are still needed.
With BitBay, we can finally remove middlemen out of the equation for any sort of transaction - whether it's selling piggycoins for dogecoins, bitcoins for a camera, 500 pounds of avocados for 300 pounds of corn.
BitBays utilizes a collateral/deposit system that is completely automated, so there is no need for a middleman to be involved to try to act like they can keep people honest with each other. Let's be frank, it's impossible for a middleman to know who's stiffing who when a transactions goes bad. So how does one fix that? By removing the potential for scammers to be able to profit. In BitBay, if a counterparty tries to scam you, they lose their deposit. It has customizable levels for deposits as well - so for example, if you want to sell a camera, yet you don't really have a good feeling about the person interested in buying it, yOu could essentially make them deposit even more than what the item for sale is worth - now they take even more risk than you.
It's pretty simple... if a scammer can't profit, then why try to scam.

And the way it is designed is that it focuses on keeping the blockchain free from unnecessary bloat. If bitcoin is already having a hard enough time as it is with their blockchain transactions and memory issues, can you imagine what's going to happen to other cryptocurrencies that try to store more than just transactions on their blockchain?

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:23:25 PM

hi,

thanks in advance

cheers

This if from a page or two back:

Here is a giant list of a bunch of features one of us compiled a few months ago. It probably has more as of today and is still growing.

* Unbreakable contracts (Peer to Peer no blockchain bloat)
* Decentralized Anonymous Markets (Peer to Peer no blockchain bloat stronger than Tor)
* Multisignature wallets with dual passwords hidden inside of PNG/JPG images using steganography
* Automated Joint accounts and the ability to sign transactions with 2 computers (hard core security)
* User Friendly Templates for contracts
* Training videos
* Ability to hide any file in an image
* IMAP under the hood full integration with Email, automated negotiation of contracts
* Price tracking so orders always maintain price
* Bitmessage fully integrated decentralized email and markets
* Translates to 92 languages using Google Translate
* Unique change management system which breaks all the change into denominations
* Easy to use accounting panel
* Live Python Debugger, run the interpreter within the software
* Advanced sending with multipay options
* "Pay To Email" tipping system. Hide payments in images direct to email.
* Everything is automated
* Full Offer/Counter-Offer negotiation system.
* Escrow panel with tons of options, anonymous chat
* Feedback and reputation system, see how many contracts gained and lost
* Serverless, everything is Peer to Peer
* Decentralized moderation keys available to trusted users
* Custom contracts and all kinds of contact options
* Start your own market, completely anonymous
* Cash for coins template
* Custom contract template (can do anything you want if you are familiar with it)
* Implications of DDE(Double Deposit Escrow) Smart Contracts and their use cases:
* Decentralized "Local Bitcoins": Send wires without the fear of theft due to Double deposit
* Decentralized exchange of cash for coins
* Buy/Sell anything without "Empty Box Scam" NO ARBITER NEEDED. It is self enforcing trade even with untrusted parties. So it works like a decentralized trustless ebay... NO MIDDLEMEN, NO ESCROW NEEDED
  Works like decentralized Freelancer/Odesk

* Unbreakable Employee contracts. FORCE people to HONOR their word! No more unreliable employees, employers forced to pay as well.
* Barter ANYTHING. Use the coins only as self-assurance. Form a farm co-op trade Gold for Silver, Iron for Wheat. No need to use coins can decouple completely from currency. Some of the templates are still being
   worked on to make it "Mom friendly" so that it takes as few clicks as possible to form a contract. No need to think of "terms and conditions" contracts are anonymous and self-enforcing.

Here are some of the features that we are working on in 2017:

* Exotic spending... we will have the worlds first client to support time locks in the UI, deadmans switch and burn and parking and freezing coins all supported within the UI.
* Cold Staking for both BitBay and BlackHalo... stake using two computers, impossible to hack. Its basically joint account staking
* Custom Staking with Voting! Completely trustless voting and donations via staking.
* Anti-Keylogger: A special on-screen keyboard to obliterate keyloggers once and for all. Even mouse movement loggers will be no match for this unless every movement is recorded
* Tor and proxy options for internet requests
* Buy/Sell template featuring multiple shipping options including a calculator and options to bill in escrow
* Employment template featuring the ability for weekly reports and auto-payment within contract. Payments contingent on reports
* Barter contract with amazing "wish list" where each item can be calculated converting kilograms to hours and ability to know exactly how many "Avocados" you need for a pound of "Tomatoes". Perfect for farming
  co-op in 3rd world countries. Perfect for trading used items!

* Reverse auctions! Sellers bid for you the buyer
* Normal Auctions... Ebay style decentralized auctions
* Python contracts: Use the python interpreter to make contracts between peers. Pre-approved contracts potentially possible for verified devs and audited code on github.
* API And more!"

I think that about covers it....

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:56:54 AM

I was thinking about sometime I remember anonymint saying a while back. Or I think it was him.

That value will be built into eth and other similar platforms by others creating dapps ect running on top of them using their gas.

Is if possible in the future to allow this type of thing with bitbay.

I mean can we develop a way for people to plug in and program apps or run scripts on top of bay?

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:52:10 AM

I was thinking about sometime I remember anonymint saying a while back. Or I think it was him.

That value will be built into eth and other similar platforms by others creating dapps ect running on top of them using their gas.

I mean can we develop a way for people to plug in and program apps or run scripts on top of bay?

Maybe in theory however I'm not a big fan of blockchains on top of blockchains.
Munti

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:04:13 AM

That would basically be just another speculation layer, that doesn't really move this out to real life use. It is much more interresting to build bussinesses that use Bay tech to offer new or improved services to real users.

Edit: Rereading your question. Maybe what I'm talking about was part of your question. If so, yes, We will get APi's that make it possible to build your own apps and scripts that run services on top of Bay.

cr197

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:22:55 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 11:54:30 AM by cr197

That would basically be just another speculation layer, that doesn't really move this out to real life use. It is much more interresting to build bussinesses that use Bay tech to offer new or improved services to real users.

Edit: Rereading your question. Maybe what I'm talking about was part of your question. If so, yes, We will get APi's that make it possible to build your own apps and scripts that run services on top of Bay.

Yeah I like the approach.
Who's to say that ether won't have issues down the road with scalability bloat.

I like the idea of website apps that can use BitBay under the hood and even include semi-trustless multisig accounts with deadman-switch that would provide auto-signatures for withdraws back to your account after a certain agreed upon time-frame. That way if anything were to happen with the host holding 1 of 2 of the multisig keys, they couldn't accidentally lose the key and thus basically turn the account into a burn address.

Throw some provable app verification hashes into the mix, some zeronet backup hosts, and you've got a decent product that can provide either trustless or semitrustless transactions!

It's coming!  

The best part is that you can keep the economic system simplified. The term petrodollar has a very important meaning to it - mainly being that trading oil with 'one' currency makes life easier for everybody.
Having 500 dapps each with their own token, just doesn't seem like a logical way to run business with any sense of scalability.
Sure it's great for investors because they are diversified. But it is not practical for ecommerce

Special K

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:52:05 PM

Hey Guys

i want to download the Windows wallet but my HDD is full.Is it possible to load the blockchain on a external HDD and can you explain me how to do that?
Polcrack

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Just Believe in trusted/transparents Proyects

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:55:03 PM

Bitbay to the moon !!!! This year , buy Bitbay and thank me later !!!!
Regards Polcrack

Many people scamer with Icos and shitcoins, Invest with intelligence
Munti

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:01:18 PM

Hey Guys

i want to download the Windows wallet but my HDD is full.Is it possible to load the blockchain on a external HDD and can you explain me how to do that?

The easy solution is to install the client on the external HDD
This can be done with the Qt wallet as well, but is far more complicated. Besides you want the client. That's where the good stuff is  Smiley

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:34:00 PM

Yes, that is what i meant apps to run on top of bays engine. I mean given the correct scripts and apps it does open up bay to lots of possibilities.

Would sports betting etc and things like augur and prediction markets be possible just like with ether?

I mean you could set up things like this manually on bay now in a kind of clunky way in your own market place i guess.

But with the correct software dedicated to this running on top of bay for each niche use case all geared towards user experience in that niche then things could blow up very quickly.. i mean via api could not mobile versions of many things be created and website based versions?

Especially if devs for these apps can code in a % fee for building them out.

Munti

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:21:56 PM

Yes, that is what i meant apps to run on top of bays engine. I mean given the correct scripts and apps it does open up bay to lots of possibilities.

Would sports betting etc and things like augur and prediction markets be possible just like with ether?

I mean you could set up things like this manually on bay now in a kind of clunky way in your own market place i guess.

But with the correct software dedicated to this running on top of bay for each niche use case all geared towards user experience in that niche then things could blow up very quickly.. i mean via api could not mobile versions of many things be created and website based versions?

Yes, sportsbetting etc is possible. Prediction markets too. And you'r right, we can do that now, but it's a little clunky. API (on roadmap) will make it relatively easy to build web versions of much that Bay offers (still a lot of work). Mobile too, but there are a few more loops to go through for that.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:07:29 AM

Yes, sportsbetting etc is possible. Prediction markets too. And you'r right, we can do that now, but it's a little clunky. API (on roadmap) will make it relatively easy to build web versions of much that Bay offers (still a lot of work). Mobile too, but there are a few more loops to go through for that.

Thanks for replies. There is a lot to look forward to from bitbay. It seems the API will offer a lot of expansion and opportunity for other developers to join in.

I guess if the apps ran with a small fee for their service you could potentially see ICO's to raise BTC for them and then to get a stake in the profits. Even though these new apps are not able to issue their own tokens.

Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: