Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:16:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source  (Read 415367 times)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:15:25 AM

Yeah but GPUs are different, you've seen here how difficult it can be to get them mining smoothly on the array of different configurations. Imagine trying to write some malware which does that. Second, most people who own expensive enough GPUs for mining will probably notice that their computer is infected since they'll be unable to play games.

That argument flies out of the window once you earn 15 BTC per day for weeks if not months. You can easily deploy a small army of pretty decent coders for that kind of money to overcome any of the difficulties you have mentioned.

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 02:33:31 AM

Yeah but GPUs are different, you've seen here how difficult it can be to get them mining smoothly on the array of different configurations. Imagine trying to write some malware which does that. Second, most people who own expensive enough GPUs for mining will probably notice that their computer is infected since they'll be unable to play games.

That argument flies out of the window once you earn 15 BTC per day for weeks if not months. You can easily deploy a small army of pretty decent coders for that kind of money to overcome any of the difficulties you have mentioned.

botnet are still illegal (with jail time if convicted I think) and a small army of coder keeping it quite for long... this will never happen.
Also it is highly unpractical to set up a malware for a large variety of software, gpu's etc...

targetting cpu is a lot easier, most of them belongs to non IT personal who won't even notice they are mining.
High end gpu, becomes noisy are owned by people more experience with computer and they will notice something wrong and will probably reinstall everything getting rid of the malware. It isn't a good solution in itself.
botnet are targetting your grandparents computers not ours... for a good reason... not limited to the password in 4 letters  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:53:27 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 03:05:20 AM by bathrobehero

botnet are still illegal (with jail time if convicted I think) and a small army of coder keeping it quite for long... this will never happen.
Also it is highly unpractical to set up a malware for a large variety of software, gpu's etc...

targetting cpu is a lot easier, most of them belongs to non IT personal who won't even notice they are mining.
High end gpu, becomes noisy are owned by people more experience with computer and they will notice something wrong and will probably reinstall everything getting rid of the malware. It isn't a good solution in itself.
botnet are targetting your grandparents computers not ours... for a good reason... not limited to the password in 4 letters  Grin

That's beside the point I feel. Illegality I feel is irrelevant because I'd imagine botnet masters would have the common sense of hiding behind proxies. Also, obviously we won't get infected but plenty of corporate computers and personal computers belonging to computer-illiterates (grandmas) will. Obviously the number of infected computers decreases over time as more and more people realize there's something wrong and reinstall the whole thing or delete it with an antivir - if it's finding it that is.

I see your point but I think that huge botnets can control so many CPUs that they can effectively compete with GPUs when it comes to the net hashrate of a coin because at the end of the day botnet CPU mining cost nothing.

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:27:05 AM

It's got a cost - and the cost is higher the less skilled the bot herder is... which it's common for them to be idiots. Executables need developing, then crypting on every change, either the zombie systems must be bought, or an exploit must be found and automated to create/expand the botnet... Also, even if you turn the miner's CPU usage down when someone's on the system, it's possible for them to notice lag. Happy bots stay bots - if the user's experience is harmed too much, then they will reinstall or get the help of someone who can. Another reason GPU mining on bots isn't wisely done... not if you want to continue having a botnet, that is.

I get that and I don't pretend to know much about botnets, but if someone is (was) earning 15 BTC per day I'd imagine they weren't exactly incompetent. 

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:49:44 AM

Correct - and this is where profit comes into play. Lyra2REv2 is now less profitable than it was. Something like XMR is likely to STAY profitable for me. Now, were I him, that shit would be important to me, because there's pretty much no absolute certainty on bot command & control... it's actually likely there will always be a few at least trying to mine Lyra on old orders, never having got new ones. I obviously wanna minimize this shit, so parking my ass on XMR begins to look better than VTC, who just changed the algo to fuck up my day.

Agreed. Its like updating your own car's security - sure, it can probably be hacked if its worth it - however its now more secure and not that much more valuable (or less valuable) than half of the other cars in the same car park - so why would you try to steal it, when you can steal something that is far easier and more valuable?

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
zenrith

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:43:27 AM

Question about p2pools..

I've never successfully been able to connect to any p2pool listed on the p2pool site.  Yes, I connect to verters and coinotron with ease, but not p2pool.

I constantly get "no connection errors".  Yes, I've used my wallet and pass x for miner, but no luck.  I would rather bring my mining "power" over to the p2pool in order to help balance the coin.

Suggestions?
jamesl22 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:41:52 PM

Question about p2pools..

I've never successfully been able to connect to any p2pool listed on the p2pool site.  Yes, I connect to verters and coinotron with ease, but not p2pool.

I constantly get "no connection errors".  Yes, I've used my wallet and pass x for miner, but no luck.  I would rather bring my mining "power" over to the p2pool in order to help balance the coin.

Suggestions?

Try using the --no-extranonce flag with your miner.
nicehash
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 01:21:22 PM

We're pleased to announce the immediate availability for buying and selling hashing power based on Lyra2REv2 algorithm on NiceHash.com: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=27

Kind regards,
NiceHash.com

silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 04:04:32 PM

UP UP -> Vertcoin Difficulty 248
UP UP -> Network Hashrate 7.88

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:09:28 PM

Managed to run my 280x at 4,1 Mhash.

Pool reports way more than that though, between 6 and 8Mhash.
Anyone else got that too?

25MH/s overall in my test on Verters appears as 35MH/s with pretty high consistency.

Test hash of 31.5MH/s about, sent to Give-Me-Coins as a test (difficulty multiplier was, of course, adjusted) - they were dead on.

Yes, if you go back a few pages in this thread - you will see that I updated my pool to the presumably correct (based on hashrate) mask (7fff rather than ffff) - however people were then complaining of "invalid shares" - presumably the sgminer/ccminer's basic mask is below the default mask of the new algorithm and they need to be updated to avoid this issue.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 06:44:59 PM

Managed to run my 280x at 4,1 Mhash.

Pool reports way more than that though, between 6 and 8Mhash.
Anyone else got that too?

25MH/s overall in my test on Verters appears as 35MH/s with pretty high consistency.

Test hash of 31.5MH/s about, sent to Give-Me-Coins as a test (difficulty multiplier was, of course, adjusted) - they were dead on.

Yes, if you go back a few pages in this thread - you will see that I updated my pool to the presumably correct (based on hashrate) mask (7fff rather than ffff) - however people were then complaining of "invalid shares" - presumably the sgminer/ccminer's basic mask is below the default mask of the new algorithm and they need to be updated to avoid this issue.

Should be a single line edit in algorithm.c.
it is a single line to edit, just need that the main pool agree with each others (I don't change anything otherwise)
it was already a mess at the previous fork and the strange thing was that the miners in both case the miners were released before the pool  Grin
Last time I changed several time the difficulty there was always a problem with a pool or another... so this time I won't do anything unless there is a consensus

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:02:42 PM

Hey, djm34,

May I ask you why did you change the diff adjustment from 128 to 256 in your miner for the original Lyra2RE algorithm?

algorithm.c

all other miners (official https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer, badman74's https://github.com/badman74/sgminer, James Lovejoy https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE, etc.):

Code:
{ "lyra2re", ALGO_LYRA2RE, "", 1, 128, 128, 0, 0, 0xFF, 0xFFFFULL, 0x0000ffffUL, 4, 2 * 8 * 4194304 , 0, lyra2re_regenhash, queue_lyra2RE_kernel, gen_hash, NULL},

your miner:

Code:
{ "Lyra2RE", ALGO_LYRA2RE, "", 1, 256, 256, 0, 0, 0xFF, 0xFFFFULL, 0x0000ffffUL, 4,2 * 8 * 4194304 , 0, lyra2reold_regenhash, queue_lyra2RE_kernel, gen_hash, NULL},

The issue is that obviously minority (or none) of the miners were using your sgminer version to mine the original Lyra2RE coins. Now since your version is popular, it won't work on existing Lyra2RE pools (without explicitly setting diff multiplier option, which is "deprecated" and hard to set if one is using configuration for multiple algorithms). Please correct your repo and set diff to 128 for the original Lyra2RE algo. It might also be wise for you to build new releases for the changes you recently added to your repo.

Another thing that would be good for you to add are aliases for algorithms (when using with -k or in config file) Lyra2RE == lyra2re, Lyre2REv2 = lyra2rev2 ...

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Kind regards,
kenshirothefist
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:44:36 AM

For anyone who wants an updated cpuminer since the last compiled version by the author does not support lyra2rev2 I compiled one yesterday.

https://mega.co.nz/#!eVZlgCDA!UiPBfUaeEEsKITPh2t2c_-4eBDNOB5noxgNNCYfD15Q

Virustotal 1/56 (bitcoin miner flag): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/afc83ed72cc2a4b02424a91d41c0c8e170c345cd1d0513ef17a7d87adf3212cb/analysis/1439303005/

Lol I've just found a block on Aika pool with CPU Cheesy

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 02:04:59 AM

Hey, djm34,

May I ask you why did you change the diff adjustment from 128 to 256 in your miner for the original Lyra2RE algorithm?

algorithm.c

all other miners (official https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer, badman74's https://github.com/badman74/sgminer, James Lovejoy https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE, etc.):

Code:
{ "lyra2re", ALGO_LYRA2RE, "", 1, 128, 128, 0, 0, 0xFF, 0xFFFFULL, 0x0000ffffUL, 4, 2 * 8 * 4194304 , 0, lyra2re_regenhash, queue_lyra2RE_kernel, gen_hash, NULL},

your miner:

Code:
{ "Lyra2RE", ALGO_LYRA2RE, "", 1, 256, 256, 0, 0, 0xFF, 0xFFFFULL, 0x0000ffffUL, 4,2 * 8 * 4194304 , 0, lyra2reold_regenhash, queue_lyra2RE_kernel, gen_hash, NULL},

The issue is that obviously minority (or none) of the miners were using your sgminer version to mine the original Lyra2RE coins. Now since your version is popular, it won't work on existing Lyra2RE pools (without explicitly setting diff multiplier option, which is "deprecated" and hard to set if one is using configuration for multiple algorithms). Please correct your repo and set diff to 128 for the original Lyra2RE algo. It might also be wise for you to build new releases for the changes you recently added to your repo.

Another thing that would be good for you to add are aliases for algorithms (when using with -k or in config file) Lyra2RE == lyra2re, Lyre2REv2 = lyra2rev2 ...

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Kind regards,
kenshirothefist
To answer your question:
first I am the author of all those versions. metallicjames was rather a pre-release, and after that I decided to change the difficulty to 256, as it was allowing miners to get more shares. so apparently the other followed more the pre-release version that the "standard version".
also at that time, I was using verter, and this was the parameter which was giving good aggreement between the hashrate reported by the miner and the pool...

I can always change that setting for lyra2re (but technically it should have been 256) 

djm34 facebook page
hopefulsleuth

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:05:31 AM

Private miners activated..  Undecided
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:27:22 AM

Rent and Lease your Lyra2REv2 Rigs at betarigs.com

https://www.betarigs.com/list?miner_type=21

Ahmed Bodi
Betarigs Admin
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:06:53 AM

I think devs should communicate with craptsy, VTC locked there for several days.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:47:40 AM

I think devs should communicate with craptsy, VTC locked there for several days.

It's working now.

silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 07:34:42 AM

It's working now.

cryptsy delayed update and dump delayed  Grin

But now – Yes, see Vertcoin, the wallet is update

https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/status

trid

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:15:58 AM

750ti seems to be fine, now getting 11-13Mhash on verters.

You have 11-13 mh from one 750ti?
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: