Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:35:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To contact Xapo Support, please use our FAQs (https://support.xapo.com/)  (Read 64122 times)
Lasergun
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1174

https://t.me/laser9un

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 04:20:31 PM

How do we see the exact value in satoshis?? Things are getting worse. On the main screen under Wallet it says I have 0.03 BTC. But when I hover over the word "Wallet" the popup that appears says I have 0.04 BTC. Why can't they just tell us what we have in a straightforward manner, or at least give us the option to do so? Just tossing out vague and conflicting numbers is ridiculous.

Simply click on your balance.

1 Satoshi   = 0.00000001 ฿   
10 Satoshi   = 0.00000010 ฿   
100 Satoshi   = 0.00000100 ฿   = 1 Bit / μBTC (you-bit)
1,000 Satoshi   = 0.00001000 ฿   
10,000 Satoshi   = 0.00010000 ฿   
100,000 Satoshi   = 0.00100000 ฿   = 1 mBTC (em-bit)
1,000,000 Satoshi   = 0.01000000 ฿   = 1 cBTC (bitcent)
10,000,000 Satoshi   = 0.10000000 ฿   
100,000,000 Satoshi   = 1.00000000 ฿   
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:03:24 PM

How do we see the exact value in satoshis?? Things are getting worse. On the main screen under Wallet it says I have 0.03 BTC. But when I hover over the word "Wallet" the popup that appears says I have 0.04 BTC. Why can't they just tell us what we have in a straightforward manner, or at least give us the option to do so? Just tossing out vague and conflicting numbers is ridiculous.

That's what I'm doing. It's not doing anything at all in response. I'll try it from home on a couple different browsers tonight to see if that helps.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Xapo_Affiliate

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:34:36 PM

That's what I'm doing. It's not doing anything at all in response. I'll try it from home on a couple different browsers tonight to see if that helps.

Hey there, would you mind sending me a PM with the email you use for your Xapo account? I can look at our logs, tell you exactly what your balance is and see if there is an error with your account.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:56:23 PM

Will do...

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:22:25 PM

Hey there, would you mind sending me a PM with the email you use for your Xapo account? I can look at our logs, tell you exactly what your balance is and see if there is an error with your account.
OK, doing this from home worked! So the problem was with my setup of Internet Explorer 10 on my work laptop. My only complaint now is that since clicking on the balance toggles it, I can't select the text to copy and paste the amount elsewhere...

kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:12:09 AM

I would like to send my BTC from my Xapo wallet today. I am receiving message: "Wallet currently unavailable for transactions"
What is happening there?
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:23:53 AM

I would like to send my BTC from my Xapo wallet today. I am receiving message: "Wallet currently unavailable for transactions"
What is happening there?

I found answer on Xapo help page:
Your wallet is most likely unavailable for transactions because of a minor server communication issue. This can most often be fixed by simply logging out, and logging back in. Ensure you have a reliable internet connection before proceeding. If the problem persists, contact support@xapo.com.
TheRealZlimZatoshi

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 08:48:33 AM

I don't know if anyone will read this because it's so far down the post and because I'm brand new. But I'd like to share my experience with Xapo and hopefully it can help those who do get a chance to read this.

I joined Xapo when it first came out, offering their top of the line security. In fact I was directed to them through Moon Bitcoin. I have been so happy and so angry with their service ever since.
It always seems like "Yes this is such a secure and nice interface" then immediately after thinking that I run into something that makes me say, "*&@#!! Xapo what are you doing?!"

IT STARTED when I registered my account and they made me verify my ID and phone number and email and all that, I was impressed. I read through their Terms of Service and I was impressed by their bragging about a guarded vault and all that.
Then I came across problem 1: In the fine print was listed a 12% transaction fee for every deposit and I could not transfer those funds until I had 0.01BTC
ARGH! I was a cheap little satoshi miner, hunting down faucets, spending hours collecting those fractions of a cent satoshi, it would take 12%???

However this was solved when they became more popular and a lot more investors invested. The 12% and 0.01BTC limit were dropped and when I asked Xapo about it they denied it ever existing. That's fine with me, as long as it was gone.

Then problem 2: The site was almost Too secure. Before they had an app with 2nd auth generator, they sent texts (still do if you don't have the app) Well I had since switched phones and had no way of retrieving that number back, and they would only use text messages, oops! It took 6 and a half weeks before support got back to me ( was this a one man show?? ) and finally had me go through the verification process with my ID, email and new phone number.  Lips sealed

Finally problem 3 and what causes my most concern: Xapo never gives out a users ACTUAL bitcoin address, that (I assume) is kept in their al capone vault of bits, never cresting the horizon of the internet so that it could never be stolen. Instead they use temporary addresses to link the funds to your account OR if businesses and sites have their api incorporated, they use your email. Smart and very secure! Right? They claim "Your address will change with each transaction received, but you'll still receive all payments sent to your previous addresses!"
I have since found this out to be incorrect. Old addresses stop working or won't keep a persistent link to your Xapo account. SO WHERE DO THE FUNDS GO??? They sit, they veg, they go to die because only Xapo has that private key and once you use a new temporary address they generate then the funds transferred to the previous addresses go no where. How do I know this, because when you use faucets or you set up a miner, you need to have a persistent address, you can't change it every time you get paid, so I kept one of my temporary addresses ( more recently 33znW1rSxi2ngXcBNReT4KExCaJDg9GPXB ) and wallah... the only transaction that every went through was from a faucet about a month ago, the rest get transferred there and sit and sit and sit. you can watch the funds here ( https://blockchain.info/address/33znW1rSxi2ngXcBNReT4KExCaJDg9GPXB ) however I have since stopped using that address.

Xapo is great, honestly, but just be careful with how you use their service because the support is very very limited. Any really important transactions use a cold storage wallet where you are the only owner of the private key.

Alright I'm done with the feedback.  Wink
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 09:00:08 AM

They claim "Your address will change with each transaction received, but you'll still receive all payments sent to your previous addresses![/i]"
I have since found this out to be incorrect. Old addresses stop working or won't keep a persistent link to your Xapo account. SO WHERE DO THE FUNDS GO??? They sit, they veg, they go to die because only Xapo has that private key and once you use a new temporary address they generate then the funds transferred to the previous addresses go no where. How do I know this, because when you use faucets or you set up a miner, you need to have a persistent address, you can't change it every time you get paid, so I kept one of my temporary addresses ( more recently 33znW1rSxi2ngXcBNReT4KExCaJDg9GPXB ) and wallah... the only transaction that every went through was from a faucet about a month ago, the rest get transferred there and sit and sit and sit. you can watch the funds here ( https://blockchain.info/address/33znW1rSxi2ngXcBNReT4KExCaJDg9GPXB ) however I have since stopped using that address.

Xapo is great, honestly, but just be careful with how you use their service because the support is very very limited. Any really important transactions use a cold storage wallet where you are the only owner of the private key.

And that claim is correct. I still have funds send to my very first multi-sig address with Xapo and the funds still come to my wallet. There must have been over hundred transactions sent to that address over past couple of months and all of it ended up in my wallet. So you CAN send funds to an old address.

In regards to watching the address on blockchain. That will not help. Xapo does not work like other wallets. With Xapo the addresses you see in your wallet is yours ONLY as far as deposits are concerned. So any funds coming in on those addresses will be allocated to you but that's where it stops. When you send funds out Xapo uses whatever addresses have the necessary funds on them whether these addresses are linked to you or not does not matter, they just grab enough addresses to make up the transaction and use those.

So when you send funds out it will never originate from an address that's in your wallet. So the funds you are watching on blockchain can stay there for weeks before its used in another transaction.

The nice thing about this is the added privacy as nobody can trace your funds as the funds never come from any of your addresses. The bad thing is that you cannot monitor your addresses on the Blockchain except for the funds received part.

Let me know if I need to clarify this a bit more.

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 10:29:46 AM

The site was almost Too secure. Before they had an app with 2nd auth generator, they sent texts (still do if you don't have the app) Well I had since switched phones and had no way of retrieving that number back, and they would only use text messages, oops!

I actually quite like that verification by text to mobile. It would be a problem if the texts are delayed, but they aren't. They always arrive within seconds. The code is not needed every time you login, only if your browser do not keep cookies.

Xapo never gives out a users ACTUAL bitcoin address, that (I assume) is kept in their al capone vault of bits, never cresting the horizon of the internet so that it could never be stolen. Instead they use temporary addresses to link the funds to your account OR if businesses and sites have their api incorporated, they use your email. Smart and very secure! Right? They claim "Your address will change with each transaction received, but you'll still receive all payments sent to your previous addresses!"

I have always thought I can re-use my old addresses. I haven't tried because I never have to reuse my address (don't prefer to re-use). Thanks for pointing it out that old addressess may not work.

Have you contacted Xapo about this? Coins not moving does not mean your wallet balance have not been credited.
dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:25:40 PM

They use 'Authy' to service 2FA for them. Just install Authy app on your phone, and login with the same phone number like you used to open Xapo account. You will see your Xapo 2FA code inside Authy app, and would not need to use sms service any more.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:43:43 AM

Is this thread also for the Xapo Faucet?

If so, can you guys fund your wallet? I'd like to claim a reward and keep my daily bonus streak going...I never get an insufficient funds notice from freebitco.in...

RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 07:14:27 AM

If so, can you guys fund your wallet? I'd like to claim a reward and keep my daily bonus streak going...I never get an insufficient funds notice from freebitco.in...

You're in the wrong thread and Xapo does not own their own faucet, they are just used as a linked wallet with many faucets. So the fact that the faucet you are speaking about is out of funds have nothing to do with Xapo, contact the faucet owners.
Xapo_Partners

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:11:34 PM

Thanks /u/TheRealZlimZatoshi for bringing these points (and /u/RustyNomad for helping clarify). They tend to come up often so I will try to address and clarify:
If you still have questions please stand up...

Then I came across problem 1: In the fine print was listed a 12% transaction fee for every deposit and I could not transfer those funds until I had 0.01BTC
ARGH! I was a cheap little satoshi miner, hunting down faucets, spending hours collecting those fractions of a cent satoshi, it would take 12%???

However this was solved when they became more popular and a lot more investors invested. The 12% and 0.01BTC limit were dropped and when I asked Xapo about it they denied it ever existing. That's fine with me, as long as it was gone.

Clarification 1
Initially we charged 0.12% per year for funds stored in the Vault. Make sure you noticed that it's 0.12%, not 12% and it was only for funds in the Vault. This did not apply for wallet funds either.

We stopped charging for the Vault mid-January of this year and returned the funds for users who had already paid for that year. You can read more about that here
https://blog.xapo.com/xapo-launches-suite-of-new-security-features-announces-xapo-vault-now-free-of-charge/

As for the 0.01btc limit yes I acknowledge that was a mistake we initially made. The beautiful world of microtransactions and faucets was not on our radar yet so it was rare to see smaller funds sent/received. As soon as we noticed that we changed it to the minimum required for on-blockchain payments which i believe is 55 bits, or 0.00005500 btc.

Then problem 2: The site was almost Too secure. Before they had an app with 2nd auth generator, they sent texts (still do if you don't have the app) Well I had since switched phones and had no way of retrieving that number back, and they would only use text messages, oops! It took 6 and a half weeks before support got back to me ( was this a one man show?? ) and finally had me go through the verification process with my ID, email and new phone number.  Lips sealed

Clarification 2
I acknowledge this is also a pain, BUT your mobile is in some ways the weakest link. If someone is able to get a hold of your cell or changes your account to a mobile you don't control you jeopardize your btc. Therefore, we take serious measures to ensure that it's actually you requesting the change. These extra steps take time to solve and depending on the volume of people requesting a switch can create backlogs at times. This is something we need to improve and are improving (I promise).

Finally problem 3 and what causes my most concern: Xapo never gives out a users ACTUAL bitcoin address, that (I assume) is kept in their al capone vault of bits, never cresting the horizon of the internet so that it could never be stolen. Instead they use temporary addresses to link the funds to your account OR if businesses and sites have their api incorporated, they use your email. Smart and very secure! Right? They claim "Your address will change with each transaction received, but you'll still receive all payments sent to your previous addresses!"

Clarification 3
Your wallet funds are pooled and use rotating addresses. As you correctly state that means that every time you make a transaction it will change your wallet address. This is to guarantee that the person receiving btc from you cant go on the blockchain and check your funds.

You will still be credited for funds sent to any of your previous address. However, this will be displayed on your Xapo account and not the blockchain. Remember we use a separate and internal ledger to manage this. Did you check your account history in your Xapo account to see if the funds are there? If not let me know.

One more thing, your Vault address CAN be checked on the blockchain and is correct. This is so you know we DO NOT move the funds stored in the Vault to do anything silly things like hedge or lend out YOUR btc.

Hope this clarifies!
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:26:06 PM

You will need to request this from the faucet owner. We are not the ones that manage and keep faucets loaded with funds. They only use us to process the payments.
mari88

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:23:09 PM

hey i use xapo for my faucet payments nad there are many payments "Pending"
These are payments to not valide xapo Accounts ...... i thinks its a litte amount ?
Get i the Pending amounts anytime ? Or takes XAPO these Satoshis ??

Code:
	March 19, 2015 	Processing

Loong time can i get my Satoshis back ??

kind regrads
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:43:38 PM

hey i use xapo for my faucet payments nad there are many payments "Pending"
These are payments to not valide xapo Accounts ...... i thinks its a litte amount ?
Get i the Pending amounts anytime ? Or takes XAPO these Satoshis ??

Code:
	March 19, 2015 	Processing

Loong time can i get my Satoshis back ??

kind regrads

There are 2 reasons you could have pending payments:
1) People entering emails that are not associated with an existing Xapo account. There they will receive an email to 'claim' the bits they have earned even if it's 1 satoshi the payment goes through once they 'activate' the account.

2) People paying to a non-Xapo wallets and they have not accumulated more than 55 bits. Anything less than that wont get picked up by the blockchain.

For both cases the funds will come back to you within 10 days if they user does not claim the bits (in other words, if they dont create a Xapo account to receieve that payment) for #1 or if they dont accumulate more than 55 bits for #2.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:21:15 PM

Can somebody take a screenshot of this internal Debit Card Bitcoin Price

And a screenshot at the same time of coindesk bitcoin price?

"The bitcoin price used to convert your purchases into bitcoin is an internal Debit Card Bitcoin Price that's visible to all debit card users."
Hajeba

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:59:41 AM

I need to change my number and my old number expired. Sent support tickets none answered me back.
dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:32:29 AM

I need to change my number and my old number expired. Sent support tickets none answered me back.

Sorry, but prepare for not so pleasant conversation with Authy service. There's nothing Xapo can do. They use 3rd party for authentication. Check out instructions at: https://www.authy.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: