Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes that should not be listed as "Lending"  (Read 119578 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 06:49:03 PM

For some perspective, AFAIK someone got into a bet with pirate for 5000BTC, and it's almost guaranteed that he will lose.

Do you have a source for that almost guarantee?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 09:05:59 PM

For some perspective, AFAIK someone got into a bet with pirate for 5000BTC, and it's almost guaranteed that he will lose.

Do you have a source for that almost guarantee?

Okay, I re-read the contract now, apparently I misread 2013 as 2012 the last time. You have a point.

All I'm saying is, if it's that important, there are other options to explore than Occam's razoring the forums.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 09:13:24 PM

Okay, I re-read the contract now, apparently I misread 2013 as 2012 the last time. You have a point.

All I'm saying is, if it's that important, there are other options to explore than Occam's razoring the forums.

I don't think the bet proved anything.

If pirate defaults, he will be up hundreds of thousands of bitcoins.  He won't mind having lost a 5k bet; it will have been worth it for the good PR it generated - the "hey, BS&T must be legit if pirate is willing to bet such a large amount that he doesn't default" PR.

Micon should get in on some of that action.  Offer to make another 5k BTC (or 12k?  that has a nice ring to it) bet with pirate on the same terms as the other bet maybe.  It's a dead cert, right?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
memvola

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 09:30:25 PM

If pirate defaults, he will be up hundreds of thousands of bitcoins.  He won't mind having lost a 5k bet; it will have been worth it for the good PR it generated - the "hey, BS&T must be legit if pirate is willing to bet such a large amount that he doesn't default" PR.

I agree, it wasn't my intention to say otherwise. I should have read the terms more carefully.

Micon should get in on some of that action.  Offer to make another 5k BTC (or 12k?  that has a nice ring to it) bet with pirate on the same terms as the other bet maybe.  It's a dead cert, right?

Well at one point this could become pirate's primary business. Wink
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 09:42:29 PM

Come Bryan, dont pussy out now.

Respond to my post regarding FACTS about you and your dealings and not pure speculation as you have put forth in this thread.

You sir are an poker community outcast simply due to your ability to act and scam like a retard wherever you go and then getting scammed because you were oozing puss of greed.

don't worry.  just because I didn't post in 12 hrs doesn't mean I won't be responding.  I will respond completely to both ponzi schemes and any ethical accusations when I return from a meal with m'lady.  Be back in a few.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 09:48:46 PM

I don't think the bet proved anything.

wow I would love to get in as much money as possible as a guaranteed win.  Who is the single most trusted Escrow for such a large amount of BTC?  I can't imagine one I would trust other than putting the wallet.dat file on an HD in my Aria box. 

sounds like a great PR move to take a $500k USD ponzi to a $2.2M ponzi for $45k.  Scammers gonna scam, and they are gonna scam better and more anonymously with BTC.  And ppl like me will work tirelessly to stop them and educate the ppl currently getting scammed on how to mitigate the damage starting now.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 10:04:34 PM

I observe poker is a game of chance and there is some skill that can be applied.  But I would prefer not to take investment advice from a card player - I consider that a deficient qualification.

I will concur that experience does not necessarily lead to wisdom.  It depends on the person.  Some people are wise with limited experience.

I happen to be older than 33 (this person) and I object to his characterisation of forum members as "kiddies", elevating himself above others he has no knowledge of.

The credit rating metrics you refer to are a mechanical process as set out in the relevant thread and are based on principles covers by Standard and Poors in their publications on Corporate Credit Ratings.  It looks at the financial ability of different issuers to make good their liabilities.  I do not need to do that, and someone else could easily have done so.  I am not asking anyone to rely on them, and of the 12 requests for information, only 1/3rd have responded.  However, you point here is more about discrediting my point of view rather than looking at the credentials of the OP and the advice he is giving.  If you wish to debate credit ratings, please do so in the relevant thread.

Sir,

your defense of the BTC ponzi industry, which will crumble in a relatively short period of time, is dead wrong.  You mention principles of Standard and Poors & corporate credit ratings in the same thread as BTC ponzi schemes - you are comparing financial ratings based on balance sheets of multi-national corporations whom have to adhere to SEC accounting laws with what amounts to nothing more than a scamming lemonade stand on the internet

Nice comparison you have there.

The truth about the world banking sector is allready out but then again you only look at a deck of cards 24/7 so you clearly have no idea about the LIBOR scandal, HSBC scandal etc.

SEC is non-existing, its bought and paid for by the banks so they can self regulate themself(non-regulation) and if you still think the world is run by those who offer a service(banks) and monitored by capable indepdent SEC offices then sir you have no fucking idea whats going on in this world.

Its time for you to spend atleast 10% of your gambling disease time and find out whats going on in the real world, there is NO REGULATION and it allready crumbled, please note $4.6 trillion missing pension funds due to LIBOR scandal and this is slowly affecting every country.

I have some wisdom for you, first educate yourself before you have the nerve to try and educate others.

Here is a fun read about Bryan Micon: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/bryan-micon-rolled-12k-o-town-singers-buddy-19295/

This was one of the GEMs of the quoted forum post made by Bryan Micon on NWP:

Quote from: micon
Quote:
Get me my [censored] $ back and I'll give you $2k of it. Tell me what you need clarified. If someone wants to take off the month of October and has a car and nothing else to do (I think I have a good shot of finding someone like that here....) I'll pay your expenses for a few weeks to go DOG bounty hunter-style on his ass and of course upload pictures and video to NWP as you go.

LMAO!!!!

Quote from: twoplustwo forum
Ok, one. But it is only from 10 days ago. Micon launches
SNGDOMINATION.COM

Micon's SNG results:

Micon 578 -$2 $83 -2% -$936 - FullTilt
micon 883 -$4 $92 4% -$3,900 - PokerStars

Just to give you an idea, Micon launches a training site to teach people how to win SNG's but at the same time look at his SNG track record just before launching the site? Micon isnt even a clever scammer, just play retarded.

Quote from: twoplustwo forum
"give me 12k and i give you 100k tomorrow . . ."

Thats how Micon got scammed, he paid someone 12K cause the guy told him he would get 100K back the day after ie. Micon was happy to invest 12k for 24hrs in return looking for ~833% Interest. Legendary Micon, you go champ of scam detections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mBUA-uUDM  -> Priceless, total douche and perhaps an Phil Hellmuth impersonator since he cant stand on his own 2 sticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdpuTMY6yMU -> Must watch, self proclaimed superstar opens his heart over his own absolute karma-based stupidity. Yes Bryan this is what happens when you scam others out of their money selling pokerbooks with a losing poker playing history on the subject you are training ie. SNG.

The worst thing possible for the bitcoin poker industry is to get Micon involved up front, he will fucking destroy all hope for it.

(she's taking some time to get ready, didn't realize it was a slam-dunk and wouldn't require any time)

1)  yes I was paid to put my name on a handful of poker teaching products, I told them what I knew and the company that paid me marketed it.  Here are some SNG stats maybe you missed: 

2)  check my live stats / up $250k at Rio since 2006 / 2 WSOP FTs, 63rd in the main event.  Seriously, let's argue more about my poker playing and less about $1M+ BTC ponzi schemes.

3)  Donkdown is my poker forum and podcast, anyone can call me up any show and debate me on any topic.  this invitation is open to you.  We can debate my poker ability, results, and respect in the poker community.  Listen to my last 2 podcast, where Jennifer Harmon was our special guest one week followed by a 40-minute interview with Daniel Negraneu the next.  I think these people do not come on scamming podcast shows run by scumbags.

4)  In addition to gambling, I am involved with a handful of other ventures.  I'd say my time is split closer to 60/40 in favor of business these days.  Take a google around me, and see if you really think I'm a total scumbag or may be a guy with a few years on him that can spot some major scams and hopefully save some ppl some BTC.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 10:41:28 PM

wow I would love to get in as much money as possible as a guaranteed win.  Who is the single most trusted Escrow for such a large amount of BTC?  I can't imagine one I would trust other than putting the wallet.dat file on an HD in my Aria box.

The existing bet is for 5000 BTC, and is being escrowed by nanotube, the guy who set up the bitcoin-otc web of trust stuff.  Here's the contract that both parties signed:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91661.msg1013612#msg1013612

and here's a very odd message from Pirate hinting a something happening in August that will decide the result of the bet and attempting to get Vandroiy to concede the bet:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95008.msg1051580#msg1051580

If you're serious about wanting some of that action, Pirate can be found in the #btcst channel on the Freenode IRC network.  Or 'pirateat40' on these forums.  I don't know whether he's looking to make more bets or not.

3)  Donkdown is my poker forum and podcast, anyone can call me up any show and debate me on any topic.  this invitation is open to you.  We can debate my poker ability, results, and respect in the poker community.  Listen to my last 2 podcast, where Jennifer Harmon was our special guest one week [...]

I actually listened to that show.  I tuned in to get the Seals with Clubs freeroll password ("it grows back fast") and ended up listening to the whole show (and found out that what grows back fast is the hair on some poker player's ex-girlfriend's ass).  So I can't say the show didn't have a certain educational value.

The Jennifer Harmon interview was quite special.  I liked how you coincidentally had her dogs on the show shortly before her because the guy you interviewed before her just happened to be looking after her dogs at the time!

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 10:51:23 PM

I am an ex winning low/mid stakes poker player.  I quit after Uni work took too much time, variance was not fun, oh and obv black friday (lost big 4 figures on FTP).

I personally dont care about other peoples poker careers, donk or not; and this is not a poker forum, nor is this a poker thread.

Why not keep this on topic talking about if or if not what he says are ponzis, or, make another thread to belittle op.

For those interested

Bitcoin Savings and Trust will default before the end of September 2012
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 11:36:11 PM

I've been wondering about Leandro Cesar's Brazilian "Investment Group".
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46750.0;

He recently got into a bit of trouble with the Brazilian regulatory authorities (for not having a license, not for any evidence of ponzi).  Though it looks like he is planning to keep it going.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95399.0

What do you think?

1)  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46750.0 this is a total scam, obviously. 

2)  use the following test to see if any of these "investment groups" or "high interest savings accounts" are scams: 

2a)  DO THEY DO ANYTHING AT ALL TO MAKE MONEY
2b)  if the answer isn't anything that makes sense, it's a scam.  "trading" is not an acceptable answer.   All of these investments that claim to pay these outrageous rates of interest are scams, will fail, the fallout will be felt far and wide by this young community (both age of the technology and age of the average user)

Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 02:07:36 AM

You might as well add the most likely scam to your list: "Dank Bank"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93003

I was thinking that as well. Do people actually go for that? Seems like a relatively new user to be handing real money to.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 02:10:01 AM

I was thinking that as well. Do people actually go for that? Seems like a relatively new user to be handing real money to.

He's been taking out loans here for a long time. His first post was over a year ago.
Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 02:11:33 AM

He's been taking out loans here for a long time. His first post was over a year ago.

You are right.  Was looking at another thread.  Striking that.

Does have the characteristic high rates for larger, longer terms, however.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 02:30:13 AM

7)  Just a good list of ponzi's  --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81542.0

congratulations, you're an idiot!

(BFL)^2 < 0
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:24:20 AM

I was wondering when someone would say that.  However, I have three investors in my Dank Bank program and I'm not relying on new investors for the interest.  I do use the capital on real investments, I debated whether to start such a program because I do not want to start a ponzi scheme.

It may go away someday, who knows, I may return the deposits to the investors and say thanks for your business, or I may keep paying them for most of my life.  I have declared that I will be a successful multimillionaire one day, and as long as things go smoothly I wouldn't mind keeping Dank Bank around to help out the people who supported me and my dream.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 04:01:14 AM

I was wondering when someone would say that.  However, I have three investors in my Dank Bank program and I'm not relying on new investors for the interest.  I do use the capital on real investments, I debated whether to start such a program because I do not want to start a ponzi scheme.

It may go away someday, who knows, I may return the deposits to the investors and say thanks for your business, or I may keep paying them for most of my life.  I have declared that I will be a successful multimillionaire one day, and as long as things go smoothly I wouldn't mind keeping Dank Bank around to help out the people who supported me and my dream.

Dank Bank added, you are running a scam and you know it.

feel free to explain your business unit that allows you to pay 2%+ interest per week.

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 04:03:03 AM

tytyty

how many of these damn things are out there?  cmon ppl no one cleaned this bullshit up yet?

do you trust what bitpay says on these matters?  Real businesses are hurt by these BTC scams. 

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:14:59 AM

We all realize that Ponzi scams do exist on these forums... That's not news to anyone. They're not all Ponzis though, look into the threads.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:28:22 AM

Dank Bank added, you are running a scam and you know it.

feel free to explain your business unit that allows you to pay 2%+ interest per week.
Well, throughout this thread, I mostly agreed with what you were saying. However, I do know that I am not running a scam and that I am not going to scam my investors. I don't have an endless supply of investors to provide interest. I earn my share by using each investment to make the most money I can before their deadline ends. This fixed duration allows me to manage my investments in a profitable way, certainly not a scam or ponzi scheme.

I'm simply a man attempting to gain some capital to work with, building up from nothing. I may stop accepting investors if I reach a point where I have enough money myself rather than asking for loans. I may terminate the program and return the deposits to the investors if I cannot sustain the interest. I may keep it my whole life and share my wealth with the people who helped me get where I am. But noway will I sell my soul by stealing the wealth of others for personal gain. Having lots of stuff stolen from me throughout my life, there are few people I resent with a passion more than thieves.

Take my word or not, only with time may I prove I am here only to do good.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:31:42 AM

I need to add a new comment here.

I respect Micon's right to start a thread where he can pretty much say anything he likes.  I do not agree with some of the things here, and it is YAPIAP thread (yet another pirate is a ponzi thread).  As others have also stated, "we know", and some are not ponzi's, they are simple pyramid schemes.

What I do object to is the random shitting across many other threads unnecessarily.  Micon might not understand there is a committed community here that is working to clean up the lending section via various methods, and this shouting at everyone/everywhere tactic is just annoying.  It also shows some basic lack of understanding as the accusations do not have the necessary depth of understand or appreciation of different member's histories to make the unjustified claims he has made.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: