Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 06:16:34 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes that should not be listed as "Lending"  (Read 108050 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:42:26 PM

You should link a transaction to the OP and sign it so we know you control the address it came from  Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:21:22 PM

All those "sensible" assertions were asserted here long ago and not a new thing. It is just shills are trying very hard to bury it. You kind of need to read more than one last post of every given person to treat those posts in context.

You, of all people, should know that I've been acknowledging and attempting to temper the emotional fervor accompanying those observations almost since they began. Your memory can't be that short.

Can anyone name a business that made a 3400% return in a year?
Bitcoin Savings & Trust
It hasn't quite been a year yet... Smiley
Actually, it has.

Is there an accepted or official inception date?

miscreanity, are you paid for constantly trying to educate them?
The answer is yes.

Correct: I get paid a return on a small deposit with BTCS&T.
Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 09:28:36 PM

Status of my bet:

Week 1:   10,000 + 700 = 10,700

Ponzi gang, how is your bet going?

"ther's even a nice fresh wind" said the man falling from a skyscraper passing the 5° floor.  Roll Eyes

Nice how we can't reply to you there... it would maybe have hindered the confidence in BTCS&T you are desperately trying to recreate? Now this makes me even more suspicoius that default is coming in short times.
Clipse

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 10:10:30 PM

Status of my bet:

Week 1:   10,000 + 700 = 10,700

Ponzi gang, how is your bet going?

"ther's even a nice fresh wind" said the man falling from a skyscraper passing the 5° floor.  Roll Eyes

Nice how we can't reply to you there... it would maybe have hindered the confidence in BTCS&T you are desperately trying to recreate? Now this makes me even more suspicoius that default is coming in short times.

Another newbie troll who escaped just long enough to voice his over confident opinion on things he really doesnt understand, Check.

You could make a quick buck by offering Micon a loan, he seems to really like those 500% interest rates in 24hrs.  Shocked

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Shadow383

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 12:21:06 AM

Another newbie troll who escaped just long enough to voice his over confident opinion on things he really doesnt understand, Check.

Seriously, this is what irritates me with these threads.

Why is it that every time someone posts something negative about BS&T one of you has to start posting ad-hominem attacks against that person? If it's so illogical in your opinion then fight it with logic.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 12:22:19 AM

Can anyone name a business that made a 3400% return in a year?
Bitcoin Savings & Trust
It hasn't quite been a year yet... Smiley
Actually, it has.

Is there an accepted or official inception date?

Ask one of his first lenders.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:33:39 AM

>Bitcoin itself went from pennies to $32
>Thats a lot more than 3000%

If you pick the right "year" you get this kind of return (and in fact slightly above it).  However it wasn't sustained for longer than a year. Nor was it a steady rise, nor was it based on actual business (and that is why it collapsed 93% from the peak).

I'm still looking for real businesses.  And ones with starting capital of > $1000. 

The only way I could see getting the return is by getting all of your capital donated (and not counting your donated labor costs) - with zero capital a 3400% return is a lot easier =)

Don't day trade.
hgmichna

Activity: 598

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 06:47:54 AM

Bet thread updated …

Check also the Bets of Bitcoin bet.

Only the very gullible believe what BurtW says, because he is in on the Ponzi scheme, trying to lure newbies into parting with their money. You have been warned.
hgmichna

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 06:54:14 AM

Why is it that every time someone posts something negative about BS&T one of you has to start posting ad-hominem attacks against that person? If it's so illogical in your opinion then fight it with logic.

It suddenly began a couple of weeks ago. My take is that the perpetrators sat together and concluded (or got ordered by pirateat40) to try to put down the fires in the forums.

After that time they began to post madly. Some posts are direct replies and rejections of Ponzi analysis posts, some are lengthy and foggy explanations trying to produce multiple reasons why it is not a Ponzi scheme, formulated such that a gullible and uneducated newbie might fall for them.
Coin.Karma

Activity: 190

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:45:58 AM

haha, awesome, got another weeks interest, beautiful. Such lovely work by pi-RATE.
hgmichna

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 08:19:35 AM

haha, awesome, got another weeks interest, beautiful. Such lovely work by pi-RATE.

Yes, switching to auto-payout is clever. It gives you at least a chance to recover your investment and perhaps even make a gain. You would recover your initial "investment" after 14 weeks. (I once wrote 10 weeks and nobody noticed, indicating again the problems we have with maths.)

Trouble is, because of compounding greed (or should I say compounded greed?) few "investors" do it, and that is exactly why the Ponzi scheme is still operating. In fact, so few do it that not everybody will believe what you just wrote.
memvola

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 08:22:32 AM

I once wrote 10 weeks and nobody noticed, indicating again the problems we have with maths.

Well, you have to care enough to reply, too. Good maneuver though, insulting others' maths skills to hide your own deficiency.
Clipse

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 08:38:15 AM

Look in the mirror and you will realise this goes both ways. If you and your possies want to spew speculative bs as facts then I will respond except I respond with known facts and that which I dont know I simply dont comment on, its called being smart, you should try it.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
hgmichna

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 08:49:09 AM

I once wrote 10 weeks and nobody noticed, indicating again the problems we have with maths.

Well, you have to care enough to reply, too. Good maneuver though, insulting others' maths skills to hide your own deficiency.

To be fair, if I insulted anybody, then I insulted myself too. But "insulted" is really an exaggeration for my far too gentle statement.

Let's say, I tickled our desire to apply maths properly.
Shadow383

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 11:32:02 AM

Look in the mirror and you will realise this goes both ways. If you and your possies want to spew speculative bs as facts then I will respond except I respond with known facts and that which I dont know I simply dont comment on, its called being smart, you should try it.
Uh huh.
So giving vast amounts of money to some random guy on the internet who claims to be able to offer you absolutely vast returns, but won't disclose his business model, liabilities etc etc etc is "being smart" is it?

Funny, that sounds a lot like being gullible.
Perhaps if:

1-There was some evidence that the sort of trade required to make those interest payments every week without eating into principal was taking place.
2-Pirate and his cronies were a bit more transparent about things like the size of liabilities involved.

Then people might be happier with the idea of investing.

Throwing your money into a black box in a pseudo-anonymous currency in which chargebacks are impossible isn't "being smart" - I can accept if people want to take the risk for those returns, but there are some serious questions that need answered before I'm convinced it's not a scam.

So, stop being such a monumental tool, basically.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 12:08:55 PM

Pirate and his cronies

Please, who are his cronies?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
drrussellshane

Activity: 548

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 12:44:18 PM

Pirate and his cronies

Please, who are his cronies?

You're obviously one of them!

Cheesy

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
Ilikeham

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 03:05:45 PM

In the vacuum that is a lack of evidence saying otherwise, many things point to a Pirate pyramid. We get this.

The insane style of "I'm better than you so I must be right" delivery by the OP, the trolling of other threads and holier than thou attitude means I'd actually kick the OP in the nads before I did the same to the pyramid operator.

Seriously, if you want to be holier than Pirate and others, up your game and act professional.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1218

I'm not the law, but I represent justice

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 03:27:15 PM

In the vacuum that is a lack of evidence saying otherwise, many things point to a Pirate pyramid. We get this.

The insane style of "I'm better than you so I must be right" delivery by the OP, the trolling of other threads and holier than thou attitude means I'd actually kick the OP in the nads before I did the same to the pyramid operator.

Seriously, if you want to be holier than Pirate and others, up your game and act professional.

so you are going to kick me in the nads before Pirate even though he's stealing $1M+ USD from the BTC community and I'm pointing it out? 

Chairman SwCPoker.eu Bitcoin Poker 2.0 |  Pro Poker Player  |  blog & podcas DonkDown.com | @BryanMicon | 2015- PGP Key
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 03:59:46 PM

You realize until you have the coins in your wallet your gain is zero and your loss is 10,000 BTC, right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.