Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309552 times)
martellalex

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:29:03 PM

Some things I did not understand:
1. Is there a minimum contribution?
2. What AGRS / BTC rate will you issue the tokens at?
3. How will you know where to send the tokens?  If you just say don't worry we'll work it out that works for me! Cheesy

Thanks for running this sale via forum it's very generous of you to spend the time facilitating it!

1. no
2. to be determined, until max few days after 1st of july. the price will not be forced on anyone. whoever wants a refund (from the "tentative sale" buyers) at any point of time can get it.
3. the tokens will be sent to the address that sent the btc. that's valid only for the tentative sale, to make things fast. and that's why i asked people to send the btc from an omni wallet.

Ohad--- On number 2: I dont get it. You guys published a table with prices through July 1 ranging from 0.18 to 0.235 if not mistaken based on the contribution level. why is the price now TBD? through July 1 you should stick to what you said and then change to 10x or whatever as you also said just a few days ago. the bitrex fomo should not affect this decision as it will likely die down as before. But you word is your asset here.

this is all relevant only for money that was deposited in june and after 60% were sold. in july there is no active sale until tau/alpha is ready. and we face two conflicting promises: to not sell too many coins, and to sell in june. the problem is too many buyers for too few tokens. these days we think about how is best to resolve it. im open for suggestions. anyone can get a full refund till then. and it cannot take beyond very few days into july (the decision, not the deposits).

suggestion 1: stop the sale today as promised, sell based on the pricing table as promised. Fill all orders even if 516BTC as now. IMHO The least problematic promise to break is not to pass the 60% now vs later. In any case you were to sell through 80% at some point (assuming some will be kept for marketing and devs). selling to them now is more beneficial to early supporters who are offering to back the project even before alpha/white paper/github. Later supporters can buy the remaining AGRS from you later at 10x or from exchanges.

suggestion 2: as above- but like CIVIC recently, just decide on a percentage of orders to be filled from this temp address (they did 66% from presale orders) and distribute evenly between all BTCs sent (even if passing the 60% threshold a little), based on the promised pricing. so if someone sent 50BTC worth $130k she could actually get 66% or $85800 (based on promised pricing through June) and the rest of her BTC back. whatever number of AGRS it comes to- so be it. good for the ecosystem no?  

I am agree with you. But Ohad will make much more money by holding tokens, sell them later rather than do it now.

Both good suggestions. I am also very confused at this 60% limit, as I thought the goal was to sell as much AGRS as possible this month until July 1, then focus on development. The pump is a bit premature, although sure, as of tomorrow, the price should indeed go up and hold 10x + once the sale is over.

If I was Ohad, I would consider a decision and clear up the situation today (perhaps ending sale immediately and refunding all further BTC). But don't leave those of us who sent in the cold, as it may leave a bad taste for the project. I was planning on buying the last day, because I was using the funds elsewhere, so I didn't send funds earlier until I realized the flood of BTC flowing in, and I never clearly noticed a 60% limit for June. I don't remember seeing a plan to "hold" 40% until now for future funding, not that it is a bad idea.

Anyways, I sent btc, so perhaps I'm biased Smiley I agree this pump has made things a bit perplexing.

"I don't remember seeing a plan to "hold" 40% until now for future funding", me too

I don't envy Ohad's position right now . . . it's a tough call.  In moment's like these I ask myself, what would Tau do? Cheesy
SciGuy

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:32:13 PM

Quote from: Statdude

Both good suggestions. I am also very confused at this 60% limit, as I thought the goal was to sell as much AGRS as possible this month until July 1, then focus on development. The pump is a bit premature, although sure, as of tomorrow, the price should indeed go up and hold 10x + once the sale is over.

If I was Ohad, I would consider a decision and clear up the situation today (perhaps ending sale immediately and refunding all further BTC). But don't leave those of us who sent in the cold, as it may leave a bad taste for the project. I was planning on buying the last day, because I was using the funds elsewhere, so I didn't send funds earlier until I realized the flood of BTC flowing in, and I never clearly noticed a 60% limit for June. I don't remember seeing a plan to "hold" 40% until now for future funding, not that it is a bad idea.

Anyways, I sent btc, so perhaps I'm biased Smiley I agree this pump has made things a bit perplexing.

I am wondering how the 10x price estimate is being derived. I am hearing that from multiple people but was wondering what rough estimate is being used to get to a 10x value.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:34:40 PM

I don't envy Ohad's position right now . . . it's a tough call.  In moment's like these I ask myself, what would Tau do? Cheesy

LOL. So true. As a Taoist I can't help but invest in anything sounding like Tao. That means I had to buy some of Bryce's Taocoin, yes Smiley

I am wondering how the 10x price estimate is being derived. I am hearing that from multiple people but was wondering what rough estimate is being used to get to a 10x value.

In my mind, just that Agoras has been in accumulation for a long time due to lack of "catalyst" (news) to push it over the edge, although it was slowly "getting there".

Now, with end of crowdsale and a platform this year, the "goal" is in sight, and everyone wants in, of course (myself included.) An order of magnitude increase (at minimum) is a good rule of thumb target for situations like these. 100x would be the next and 1000x + not out of picture for a project with this level of ambition (arguably the greatest in crypto) if it succeeds.

Here is a photo of the funding address over the last 24 hours. As far as I know it is still open try and send funds.

https://i.imgur.com/tYHddZc.png

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
HIIMHOHAHA

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:42:44 PM

Quote from: Statdude

10X is his "old" plan, his new plan is stop the pre-sale
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:49:20 PM

As yes that's right.

Was just thinking about the cause of this pump, without more clarity from Ohad.

I think it makes sense that a whale wants in and is hedging the risk of only buying from Ohad (someone sent quite a lot of btc) by also market buying.

That way, either way, he gets some tokens at least.

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
HIIMHOHAHA

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:54:30 PM

Some things I did not understand:
1. Is there a minimum contribution?
2. What AGRS / BTC rate will you issue the tokens at?
3. How will you know where to send the tokens?  If you just say don't worry we'll work it out that works for me! Cheesy

Thanks for running this sale via forum it's very generous of you to spend the time facilitating it!

1. no
2. to be determined, until max few days after 1st of july. the price will not be forced on anyone. whoever wants a refund (from the "tentative sale" buyers) at any point of time can get it.
3. the tokens will be sent to the address that sent the btc. that's valid only for the tentative sale, to make things fast. and that's why i asked people to send the btc from an omni wallet.

Ohad--- On number 2: I dont get it. You guys published a table with prices through July 1 ranging from 0.18 to 0.235 if not mistaken based on the contribution level. why is the price now TBD? through July 1 you should stick to what you said and then change to 10x or whatever as you also said just a few days ago. the bitrex fomo should not affect this decision as it will likely die down as before. But you word is your asset here.

this is all relevant only for money that was deposited in june and after 60% were sold. in july there is no active sale until tau/alpha is ready. and we face two conflicting promises: to not sell too many coins, and to sell in june. the problem is too many buyers for too few tokens. these days we think about how is best to resolve it. im open for suggestions. anyone can get a full refund till then. and it cannot take beyond very few days into july (the decision, not the deposits).

suggestion 1: stop the sale today as promised, sell based on the pricing table as promised. Fill all orders even if 516BTC as now. IMHO The least problematic promise to break is not to pass the 60% now vs later. In any case you were to sell through 80% at some point (assuming some will be kept for marketing and devs). selling to them now is more beneficial to early supporters who are offering to back the project even before alpha/white paper/github. Later supporters can buy the remaining AGRS from you later at 10x or from exchanges.

suggestion 2: as above- but like CIVIC recently, just decide on a percentage of orders to be filled from this temp address (they did 66% from presale orders) and distribute evenly between all BTCs sent (even if passing the 60% threshold a little), based on the promised pricing. so if someone sent 50BTC worth $130k she could actually get 66% or $85800 (based on promised pricing through June) and the rest of her BTC back. whatever number of AGRS it comes to- so be it. good for the ecosystem no?  

I remember the date: July 1st, but the out of stock before this date, is so tricky. btw I prefer the suggestion1.
SciGuy

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:57:51 PM

[quote =Statdude]

In my mind, just that Agoras has been in accumulation for a long time due to lack of "catalyst" (news) to push it over the edge, although it was slowly "getting there".

Now, with end of crowdsale and a platform this year, the "goal" is in sight, and everyone wants in, of course (myself included.) An order of magnitude increase (at minimum) is a good rule of thumb target for situations like these. 100x would be the next and 1000x + not out of picture for a project with this level of ambition (arguably the greatest in crypto) if it succeeds.

Here is a photo of the funding address over the last 24 hours. As far as I know it is still open try and send funds.

[/quote]

Thank you for the reply and the link. I purchased from bittrex already because I was under the assumption that Ohad was only accepting larger orders.

Is the price cheaper directly through him? I couldn't see any prices on that image.
epsonorcanon

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:02:30 PM

[quote =Statdude]

Thank you for the reply and the link. I purchased from bittrex already because I was under the assumption that Ohad was only accepting larger orders.

Is the price cheaper directly through him? I couldn't see any prices on that image.
[/quote]

He stop it. You can't buy from him right now
Eventine

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:30:33 PM

Those of you who are questioning the integrity of the developer due to your inability to purchase a sufficient amount of Agoras are being a little disingenuous. If you don't trust him, then surely you don't value the coin at all which means there is no reason to complain about not being able to get them right? It's hard to take accusations against the project seriously if the reasoning is because you weren't able to get sufficient tokens.

He has mentioned time and again that Agoras will cease sale if over 50% are sold. He was very generous to extend this to 60% at his own expense as well as the expense of the early buyers. Congratulations to the early purchases who saw great potential in Tau/Agoras and good luck to the rest who are currently fighting for a share, but please keep the discussions honest.
WillSann

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:54:46 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/AGRS/
John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:23:49 PM

I don't remember seeing a plan to "hold" 40% until now for future funding, not that it is a bad idea.
"I don't remember seeing a plan to "hold" 40% until now for future funding", me too

The devs original plan was only sell 50% of coins. If you search this thread by using '50%', you will see it had been mentioned and referred so many times by the users. The origial plan and terms is here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736447.msg10403838#msg10403838
RandyMarsh9

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:27:39 PM

Can someone please explain why this +200% in a single day?
yufu571

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:43:31 PM

Those of you who are questioning the integrity of the developer due to your inability to purchase a sufficient amount of Agoras are being a little disingenuous. If you don't trust him, then surely you don't value the coin at all which means there is no reason to complain about not being able to get them right? It's hard to take accusations against the project seriously if the reasoning is because you weren't able to get sufficient tokens.

He has mentioned time and again that Agoras will cease sale if over 50% are sold. He was very generous to extend this to 60% at his own expense as well as the expense of the early buyers. Congratulations to the early purchases who saw great potential in Tau/Agoras and good luck to the rest who are currently fighting for a share, but please keep the discussions honest.
I agree with you to some extent. Anyway, It is a good thing that more new supporters are coming for Tau. It is also a tough stuff for Ohad to keep the two conflicting promises. Maybe Ohad can satisfy the new supporters’ demand partly(50%?) by increasing the Agoras shares for sale, thus which can balance the two conflicting promise.
seans

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:46:56 PM

Hi,

I'm a bit new to all of this so I hope you don't mind the questions below. I'm certain all of you probably know this like your ABCs, but please help me grow in my understanding of this.

This project seems fascinating so I picked up a little bit of it on Bittrex.
I'm confused about what happens tomorrow, July 1 (Is that US time, btw?).
Will people be able to continue buying and selling it on Bittrex after July 1?
And what does the post July 1 announcement mean for people that have bought it on Bittrex before July 1?

Again, I apologize for the ignorance of the questions. I'm just trying to understand this better.
epsonorcanon

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:56:01 PM

I agree with you to some extent. Anyway, It is a good thing that more new supporters are coming for Tau. It is also a tough stuff for Ohad to keep the two conflicting promises. Maybe Ohad can satisfy the new supporters’ demand partly(50%?) by increasing the Agoras shares for sale, thus which can balance the two conflicting promise.

Some early investors don't want more tokens to be sold, they want the unsold tokens get burnt. I can understand it.
ranaasad555

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:04:47 PM

Some early investors don't want more tokens to be sold, they want the unsold tokens get burnt. I can understand it.
after presale my coins will show on my bittrex account or not
epsonorcanon

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:06:15 PM

Do you choose to lock them when you buy from Ohad? If you chose to lock them before, you must wait for Agoras release.
ranaasad555

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:18:20 PM

Do you choose to lock them when you buy from Ohad? If you chose to lock them before, you must wait for Agoras release.
i bought from bittrex how i locked it
epsonorcanon

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:20:45 PM

Sent them to ohad to lock it, he left the address on this topic
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 05:20:59 PM

at this stage we cannot lock anymore tokens that were bought on bittrex. because we cannot give more coins.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: