Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:15:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181155 times)
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:51:11 AM

should not be an issue because it doesnt matter on how big your capital is, it is matter of financial management which means that if you divide them proportionally or according to each of the risk then it isnt an issue about the amount of the capital.

#3 its issued because if you have only a enough capital and don't have an extra money, your invesment maybe lost and you don't have money to continued it.

Not entirely an issue I would say. As I have described it is just a matter of financial management because each investment bear their own risk which means that it is not related to how decent your capital is but rather how do you spread that risk into a smaller risk. Basically with strict financial management , people would be able to do so

I'll make an example using a small capital so

I.e you have $100 and you are spreading your it into 5 investment with $10 each leaving you another $50 for safety precautions which come in handy if you are losing the $50 invested.

See, it has nothing to do with your capital if you know how to manage them properly. Having $1M without a proper management for that would be the same as losing it anyway

if you spread your risk, its usually something all related that most people know or specialize in.

But if anything that also opens to more risk as well though, cause youre into more then 1 investment. Yeah you can youre spreading risk, but intially diversification just an illusion imo of escaping risk.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 08:23:37 AM

I would just prefer to invest in altcoins right now, i mean they have alot of potential to go up an most of them are at bargain price.

Such delusion, you forgot that their value could go into dust in one night

Not entirely an issue I would say. As I have described it is just a matter of financial management because each investment bear their own risk which means that it is not related to how decent your capital is but rather how do you spread that risk into a smaller risk. Basically with strict financial management , people would be able to do so

I.e you have $100 and you are spreading your it into 5 investment with $10 each leaving you another $50 for safety precautions which come in handy if you are losing the $50 invested.

See, it has nothing to do with your capital if you know how to manage them properly. Having $1M without a proper management for that would be the same as losing it anyway

if you spread your risk, its usually something all related that most people know or specialize in.

But if anything that also opens to more risk as well though, cause youre into more then 1 investment. Yeah you can youre spreading risk, but intially diversification just an illusion imo of escaping risk.

Your point is? To diversify your investment portfolio is not to escape the risk . Risk will still be there and its part of humans life ( even if you are reading this post right not, there is some unknown risk to it ). Diversify is actually to minimize your potential risk not to escape from it

Without it, it would means that you are going all-in with your investment which exposed more risk to you as your chance to lose all of will be much higher than if you are diversifying them to a few investment

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:34:42 AM

should not be an issue because it doesnt matter on how big your capital is, it is matter of financial management which means that if you divide them proportionally or according to each of the risk then it isnt an issue about the amount of the capital.

#3 its issued because if you have only a enough capital and don't have an extra money, your invesment maybe lost and you don't have money to continued it.

I think not escaping because if you diversify your money in different investment that investment also have risk. maybe we can say that less the risk? or maybe you can earn more if you diversify your money into another investment.
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:42:14 AM

Best to do both invest and save. There are some bank savings accounts that offer interest rates, so that's also some sort of investment.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:31:39 PM

well most search the coin info first.... all days a new coin appears.... soo better search then invest..
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:57:45 PM

If i am buying  bitcoins, am i saving my money or investing it?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:55:47 PM

Both.
1) You are saving your money because (presumably) you aren't moving them from your wallet.
2) You are holding something that is expected to increase in purchasing value in the future (therefore it qualifies as investment).
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:47:55 PM

If you buying bitcoins that means you are doing both, you are having a great investment for now and it is include a saving too, except you are gambling it so it doesnt considered as a saving though  Grin
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:22:38 PM

You are saving in the best money available.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:27:14 PM

Both.
1) You are saving your money because (presumably) you aren't moving them from your wallet.
2) You are holding something that is expected to increase in purchasing value in the future (therefore it qualifies as investment).

Yep, it could also be regarded as an investment, the distinction is not completely clear, it depends on your point of view. The point of saving is that you don't take risk, and you preserve your value. This is what I think I do by holding coins.

If you think it is risky, and focus on expected value appreciation, it is a lot more like an investment for you.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:40:31 PM

Also, in a wider social context, the effect of your action can be viewed both ways.

If you save, you defer consumption of useful stuff to the benefit of others, because your nonexisting demand for stuff depresses the prices slightly. This also occurs when you save in bitcoin.

When you invest, you offer a better deal to others with your production, an offer that they otherwise would not have. By investing in bitcoin by buying and holding, you help create and spread a superior money system that in the future will benefit all trade. That is not a little thing. If successful, you get a proper reward in the appreciation.

It is you, only, who decide what to do with your rightfully aquired money; save, invest or just spend.

knowhow

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:37:50 PM

well sure everybody has the power in hands... all most choose which direction to go soo buying exchanging or other way will make bitcoin get more worth Grin
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:27:26 PM

How about trading it on altcoins? I`m sure there are many many good altcoin investment, now only a few cent cost, later it can be worth thousands of dollars!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
knowhow

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:59:37 AM

well sure but altcoins is much more risk then be only on bitcoin but use both is the best way for sure
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:49:46 AM

How about trading it on altcoins? I`m sure there are many many good altcoin investment, now only a few cent cost, later it can be worth thousands of dollars!

It will worth thousand of dollar if you know how to trade altcoin, because it is hard to do altcoin trading, you need a lot of time to focus on which one

altcoin is better. Most of them are now using mining altcoin and after a whale is pump that time you will sell it and you sure will get profit and you need

some luck when choosing thousands of altcoin to be mined
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:01:57 AM

It will worth thousand of dollar if you know how to trade altcoin, because it is hard to do altcoin trading, you need a lot of time to focus on which one

altcoin is better. Most of them are now using mining altcoin and after a whale is pump that time you will sell it and you sure will get profit and you need

some luck when choosing thousands of altcoin to be mined
may not be lucky, we just have to make predictions from existing data in this forum, so we can estimate when the coin will experience price increases and price reductions. but luck was very influential
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:33:53 AM

only those that are nerly dead and are worhtless hold the less risk, because with just a mere 10k-100k satoshi you can buy a tons and if they rise you earn a lot, otherwise you will lose basically nothing

but it is a game of patience, because many of those will not raise for months...
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 08:04:22 AM

Seriously, altcoin is much like gambling. It is not an investment it is a gamble, a blindfold gamble. Stop getting such delusion that one day your stash of altcoins could be worth thousand of dollars. You forgot to taken into your risk management that those stash of coins could be worthless to dust the next day because of its volatility.

Most altcoin is nothing more than a Pump and Dump scheme, you are lucky to get yourself some short term profit but if you are considering an unknown ninja launch coin for investment then it is not an investment but it is a gamble

only those that are nerly dead and are worhtless hold the less risk

Why would you even look at something that is almost dead for an investment? It is not a risk anymore but it is more to giving away your money or rather it is a blindfold gambling I'd say

because with just a mere 10k-100k satoshi you can buy a tons and if they rise you earn a lot, otherwise you will lose basically nothing

You lose all of it the moment you step onto an almost dead altcoin. Most altcoin are nothing but hype fueled coin . Nothing but hype will ever drive the price higher and thats it.

Here let me state some example

In 2014 OPAL declared that they joined SUPERNET and this almost dead coin gain such burst of hype that driven the price onto 5k-7k satoshi range from a merely less than 300 satoshi / coin. The price now is 2k satoshi

In 2014, CANN with its slogan Yes We CANN , the first altcoin that sells cannabis attract alot of altcoin enthusiast with its cannabis sale. The price was below 300 satoshi when it was first launched and went up to the peak of 20k satoshi /coin. The price now is 1.7k satoshi

P.S : you can verify my claim with few altcoin enthusiast if you dont believe this ( I was one of them )

I could list few more example that most altcoin is nothing but HYPE fueled coin anyway. It is a HYPE that drive the price higher. Without it, people will seek another coins with HYPE and try to get some short term profit from it.

tl;dr : altcoin for short term profit, YES. altcoin for investment, big NO

but it is a game of patience, because many of those will not raise for months...

It will raise with a proper HYPE, nothing more nothing less. Its not a game of patience but it is a game of manipulation with either HYPE or FUD

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:32:10 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 02:48:53 PM by Amph

it is a game of patience, because they all rise at the end(or almost), you just need to wait and buy all those died coins, you will not lose too much if the thing go wrong, but you will gain a tons if one will face a pump

also you need to point at almost died coin, because they have a low price and you can buy more of them, and usually their pump is very high, it easy to pump a dead coin instead of pumping a non-dead ones
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 08:40:49 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 11:40:09 AM by deisik

I could list few more example that most altcoin is nothing but HYPE fueled coin anyway. It is a HYPE that drive the price higher. Without it, people will seek another coins with HYPE and try to get some short term profit from it.

tl;dr : altcoin for short term profit, YES. altcoin for investment, big NO

I would most certainly agree with you, but for one altcoin. As you may have already guessed, I mean doges. For most time, it was also a pump&dump coin, but look what is happening right now. Its supply rate exceeds that of Bitcoin (in both absolute and relative terms), but starting from this month (I can be mistaken a month or two), the annual relative supply of doges (which constitutes yearly inflation rate) will be ever decreasing (in 2015 there will be around 5.2 billion new coins, i.e. about 5% of monetary base) while remaining the same in absolute terms, i.e. in number of coins mined...

Should we thereby expect the rise of the base value of Dogecoin (that stripped off of pump&dump effects)?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: