Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:20:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901258 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:21:36 AM

This is what my goddess machinery with an extra arm or 2 would look like BADecker:

And a bigger one would simply knock you out of existence... like what will happen if you don't recognize and worship the True God.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:15:48 AM

BADecker, my friend, I can sense you are kicking against the pricks:  Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:38:00 AM

BADecker, my friend, I can sense you are kicking against the pricks:  Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Well, if you would stop acting like a prick, I wouldn't appear to be kicking against you.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:05:26 PM

Well, if you would stop acting like a prick, I wouldn't appear to be kicking against you.

Cool

BADecker...I don't know what to say...what now? maybe LOL  Cheesy

rhino34567

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:31:31 PM

-Update-
My story

I was a kid raised up in a brahmin Hindu family, its one of those most 'pure' casts you could find in the Hindu society, offcourse every branch of the brahmin cast claims to be such but 'Chatterjee' or 'Chattopadhyay' s are the top ones - or so I ve been told.
So with that backdrop you can pretty much say that I had the most stringiest of religious teachings one could ever get.

Being a brahmin kid, traditionally you have to go through a ritual or a sort of rite of passage called 'poita' in bengali or Upanayana in sanskrit. This has to be done before the age of 15 and no earlier than the age of 7.

So I remember as the days went by my parents were beginning to talk more & more about this rite of passage how my father had to go bald and stay with a step mother (part of the ritual - no that mother has no relationship with the father of the pupil) and has to beg around and eat only boiled vegetables through out these days. Obviously this was getting kinda scary for me, I was already the odd fat kid in school and the thought of getting more attention because of a bald head was nerve wracking for me. Among all the discussions that my father and I had I remember him vaguely mentioning that only when I go through this ritual would I be called a purified soul reborn on earth worthy of going to heaven.

That got me thinking, it was a bewildering fact for me which I couldnt get my head around. I and only all the other brahmin kids had a free ticket to heaven while the rest are automatically considered unworthy ? What about my best friend who had a surname of Moitra ? What about that girl I had a crush on with a surname of Kundu, wait a second, "what about mom?" I asked my father.
I remember this distinctly as my father explained to me that girls dont have a caste, they belong to the man they marry and since my mother was married to him she will be worthy of going to heaven with him. But what if she married a muslim ?? Dont remember if I ever asked this back then but I certainly did have this thought from around the same time.

This did not sit well with me, I began questioning every aspect of 'Poita' my tantrums got so bad that my parents eventually considered to not force me to go through this ritual. However, my tantrums back then were fueled by the desire of eating chicken.

But this small victory of not getting the poita was a good enough spark in my mind to raise questions on all aspects of religion.
Then at the age of nine, I got the greatest gift I ever thought I could get in my life; Cable TV and with it the Discovery channel.

Hence began my journey into the world of science, off course we had physics / chemistry / maths in our schools but for the first time all of it actually meant something to me. I was fascinated by how gravity works. I was spellbound when I first saw an animated version of the milky way. I found out that there was a real person named Pythagoras. Basically cable TV was the fuel that my spark required to become a full fledged atheist.

.. and that is my story.
I did not go through same thing you did but, I am 18 and I think about two things every day.What Is God, and how does that affect science. If you really think about It. Mankind only made relgion so that they can understand and describe what happened that look "out of place" to them. But, now we now most of the things that they did not know, like gravity and the world being not flat but around. So, for some people If you do not understand it there has got to be a way to figure how Its is made and how it works. That, right there is the only reason that we use reglion, to use that to explain it.

igorokavg13

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:42:14 PM

-Update-
My story

I was a kid raised up in a brahmin Hindu family, its one of those most 'pure' casts you could find in the Hindu society, offcourse every branch of the brahmin cast claims to be such but 'Chatterjee' or 'Chattopadhyay' s are the top ones - or so I ve been told.
So with that backdrop you can pretty much say that I had the most stringiest of religious teachings one could ever get.

Being a brahmin kid, traditionally you have to go through a ritual or a sort of rite of passage called 'poita' in bengali or Upanayana in sanskrit. This has to be done before the age of 15 and no earlier than the age of 7.

So I remember as the days went by my parents were beginning to talk more & more about this rite of passage how my father had to go bald and stay with a step mother (part of the ritual - no that mother has no relationship with the father of the pupil) and has to beg around and eat only boiled vegetables through out these days. Obviously this was getting kinda scary for me, I was already the odd fat kid in school and the thought of getting more attention because of a bald head was nerve wracking for me. Among all the discussions that my father and I had I remember him vaguely mentioning that only when I go through this ritual would I be called a purified soul reborn on earth worthy of going to heaven.

That got me thinking, it was a bewildering fact for me which I couldnt get my head around. I and only all the other brahmin kids had a free ticket to heaven while the rest are automatically considered unworthy ? What about my best friend who had a surname of Moitra ? What about that girl I had a crush on with a surname of Kundu, wait a second, "what about mom?" I asked my father.
I remember this distinctly as my father explained to me that girls dont have a caste, they belong to the man they marry and since my mother was married to him she will be worthy of going to heaven with him. But what if she married a muslim ?? Dont remember if I ever asked this back then but I certainly did have this thought from around the same time.

This did not sit well with me, I began questioning every aspect of 'Poita' my tantrums got so bad that my parents eventually considered to not force me to go through this ritual. However, my tantrums back then were fueled by the desire of eating chicken.

But this small victory of not getting the poita was a good enough spark in my mind to raise questions on all aspects of religion.
Then at the age of nine, I got the greatest gift I ever thought I could get in my life; Cable TV and with it the Discovery channel.

Hence began my journey into the world of science, off course we had physics / chemistry / maths in our schools but for the first time all of it actually meant something to me. I was fascinated by how gravity works. I was spellbound when I first saw an animated version of the milky way. I found out that there was a real person named Pythagoras. Basically cable TV was the fuel that my spark required to become a full fledged atheist.

.. and that is my story.
I did not go through same thing you did but, I am 18 and I think about two things every day.What Is God, and how does that affect science. If you really think about It. Mankind only made relgion so that they can understand and describe what happened that look "out of place" to them. But, now we now most of the things that they did not know, like gravity and the world being not flat but around. So, for some people If you do not understand it there has got to be a way to figure how Its is made and how it works. That, right there is the only reason that we use reglion, to use that to explain it.
You say neither of those things. Religion is not to be explained that we are not clear to us the phenomenon. Faith in God is given to us so that we could believe in themselves and their strength. Faith in God is given to us so that we would have had someone to share their grief and their joy. By faith in God, everyone comes by himself. You can find God and tomorrow. But you can not see or when.
Frodomaga

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:26:44 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 03:18:18 PM by Frodomaga

"Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent."                                                                                                                                                                                           
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:46:26 AM

"Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent."

I'm looking for a GoddessGod that does not want to control me, manipulate me or give me orders and watch over my shoulder 24/7 to check if maybe I put one foot out of line and promises me eternal damnation if I do bad when I know I can strive to do better all the time but never quite reach the "perfectness" I'm supposed to.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 08:09:05 PM

Yep. The atheists worship Satan, and they don't seem to like it when they show themselves that they do.

Cool
Who told you such a heresy that atheists are secret Satanists ?! Atheism is the rejection of any belief in immaterial things. In other words, an atheist can believe only in what you can touch, to make hands.

So: atheists are idiots?!?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
aff

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:32:39 PM

I don't speak for all older atheists or regular liberal aging people, but as you get older I think religion or what you choose in life matters less and less.  Simply put you stop giving a shit more than you already do.   I think this goes for most things in life. You become less opinionated and less motivated to share your feelings on subjects like this because it feels like it has been discussed a million times over word for word.  The older you get the less things like this matter to you as long as they keep off your lawn. I don't think this is true for the other side though. They seem to get more stuck in their ways and more opinionated as they get older. Kinda weird how that works.

The liberal 20 somethings are the most vocal when it comes to these things (politics and religion) because they in a sense  just woke up and don't understand why all this stupid shit is still going on and think they can change it overnight. But if you look at history it is changing, it just takes generations and generations to change and make real progress. mankind is slowly awakening on it's own terms. As the old saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks (meaning to life), you have to wait until you get a new dog.
1Cz

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:18:05 AM

Athiest have a practical point of view who dont believe we need to rely on faith of something no actual proof of existence. The thought of god and heaven/hell just sounds made up, like some kind of false hope and for me it's hard to actually believe and convert too. It doesnt mean athiest dont want to be good people but they dont identify or agree with people who dont feel the way they do (just like most christians do) That and I dont think it's fair religion get special priviledges just because of being a religion. Churches building huge crosses in your face, getting tax breaks. Atheists tried anything like that they get shot down and insulted. Christians always try to convert so athiests are always gonna be on the defense.
probably because their impossible questions are never answered the way they want it to be answered.
they probably want proof of a being that is greater than them, since they probably believe humans are the greatest species ever made.
yeah, i know they're stupid, but they need to be converted.
they don't believe in God, because they cannot believe that they cannot answer the mysteries He presents, and they are in denial. They just give up and say He doesn't exist because they don't get it.
They probably have no religion that suits what they want to hear, or have none to turn to because they don't think it will help their problems, when in fact it does.
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:28:52 AM

"Atheism-The belief in one less god than you" Ricky Gervais  Tongue
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:32:50 AM

Maybe because, they are intelligent and think that they know everything.  They will not barely believe on the idea that there is God, since God has no beginning.  And that they believe that everything came from something like the evolution thing.  Atheist cannot take the idea of believing on things that cannot be seen like what religions teaches us to believe God.  They want explanations maybe on His existence.  But I do no think that its a hate feeling.
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:16:40 AM

How do you spell the Name of the Divine? I have a couple options here for us to explore together (or separate if you like):

GODDESS
GOD
god
goddess
God
Goddess
DOG
HCTIB
GODGODESS
NOGOD
GODDESSGOD
AntiGOD
GODgoddess
GODDESSgod
GOd
GOddess
GodNo
Godless
GoDdeSSGoD
NoUnGodDESS
GOdDesSgOD
Goddess
goD
Goddess
UNGod
UNgoDDEssGOd
GodUNGoddess
GOds
GOddessess
GoddessesGOd
GodeSSessGoDs

Of course the list goes on but I got bored so I just ended it here.
Have fun choosing  Wink
 Cool

hpunsara

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:05:34 AM

Is it really hate religions or they haven't met the religion that answer to their questions?Huh? Huh Huh Huh Try "therawada Buddhism" the pure buddhism not the "mahayana" like china.. Just try.. if you didn't find the answers just explore...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:22:55 AM

How do you spell the Name of the Divine? I have a couple options here for us to explore together (or separate if you like):

GODDESS
GOD
god
goddess
God
Goddess
DOG
HCTIB
GODGODESS
NOGOD
GODDESSGOD
AntiGOD
GODgoddess
GODDESSgod
GOd
GOddess
GodNo
Godless
GoDdeSSGoD
NoUnGodDESS
GOdDesSgOD
Goddess
goD
Goddess
UNGod
UNgoDDEssGOd
GodUNGoddess
GOds
GOddessess
GoddessesGOd
GodeSSessGoDs

Of course the list goes on but I got bored so I just ended it here.
Have fun choosing  Wink
 Cool

You are so silly. The word "god" is simply a word that refers to something, like any other word. People capitalize "God" so that others know that they are referring to the real God of the universe, rather than to an idol, or a fictitious god.

God told the people of ancient Israel, through Moses, that they were to know and call Him by His name Yahweh. However, they still found other names for Him. And you spell "Yahweh" differently in different languages, and even at different times in the same language, like YHWH at times in English.

Were other nations told by God to call Him by some other name? Were other people told by God to call Him by some other name? Who knows? But probably not. Because Israel was the nation God chose to talk directly to, to the extent that He gave them His name, formally.

Often when Jesus referred to God, He called Him "Father." He was not naming God. Rather, He was simply referring to the Great God as His Father, and showing other people this point.

Just because someone else wants to name God, this doesn't mean that I have to. For the moment, I will simply refer to him as God.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:26:18 AM

"Atheism-The belief in one less god than you" Ricky Gervais  Tongue

Atheism: The hidden belief in the mind of atheists that they each are God, individually as they believe in atheism.

Cool

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:32:15 PM

I hate religion because 34 of the 50 states (68%) allow child abuse based upon religious beliefs!

Your child can have cancer, and instead of seeking medical treatment, you pray... and the kid dies of cancer...
You don't go to jail for child abuse/neglect/endangerment... that's bullshit!

Not only is it child abuse... the law is religious in nature... atheists are not protected by these laws, only christians... it is a religious law, pure and simple... the law gives extra rights and privileges only to religious people... this is not supposed to happen in 'Murica... where is the separation of church and state?

dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:24:25 PM

You are so silly. The word "god" is simply a word that refers to something, like any other word. People capitalize "God" so that others know that they are referring to the real God of the universe, rather than to an idol, or a fictitious god.

God told the people of ancient Israel, through Moses, that they were to know and call Him by His name Yahweh. However, they still found other names for Him. And you spell "Yahweh" differently in different languages, and even at different times in the same language, like YHWH at times in English.

Were other nations told by God to call Him by some other name? Were other people told by God to call Him by some other name? Who knows? But probably not. Because Israel was the nation God chose to talk directly to, to the extent that He gave them His name, formally.

Often when Jesus referred to God, He called Him "Father." He was not naming God. Rather, He was simply referring to the Great God as His Father, and showing other people this point.

Just because someone else wants to name God, this doesn't mean that I have to. For the moment, I will simply refer to him as God.

dippi is sensing something here about BAD, and guess what - I like it. Yeah baby, I like it a lot. You're so sweet BADecker. I haven't seen such persistence in a long time.   Wink Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:25:25 PM

dippi is sensing something here about BAD, and guess what - I like it. Yeah baby, I like it a lot. You're so sweet BADecker. I haven't seen such persistence in a long time.   Wink Cool

Thanks for the kind words.

Eternity is a long time. I'm set for eternal life because of my faith in Jesus which God won't allow anyone to take from me. I need all the people in eternity with me that I can get, so I won't get bored to death over that long time.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: