Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:13:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901262 times)
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:18:58 PM

dippi is sensing something here about BAD, and guess what - I like it. Yeah baby, I like it a lot. You're so sweet BADecker. I haven't seen such persistence in a long time.   Wink Cool

Thanks for the kind words.

Eternity is a long time. I'm set for eternal life because of my faith in Jesus which God won't allow anyone to take from me. I need all the people in eternity with me that I can get, so I won't get bored to death over that long time.

Cool

I want to come with you too   Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:14:49 AM

How do you spell the Name of the Divine? I have a couple options here for us to explore together (or separate if you like):

GODDESS
GOD
god
goddess
God
Goddess
DOG
HCTIB
GODGODESS
NOGOD
GODDESSGOD
AntiGOD
GODgoddess
GODDESSgod
GOd
GOddess
GodNo
Godless
GoDdeSSGoD
NoUnGodDESS
GOdDesSgOD
Goddess
goD
Goddess
UNGod
UNgoDDEssGOd
GodUNGoddess
GOds
GOddessess
GoddessesGOd
GodeSSessGoDs

Of course the list goes on but I got bored so I just ended it here.
Have fun choosing  Wink
 Cool

*AWESOMESAUCE*  

I choose, "GodNo, " but you forgot GodYes

It's all yours. @BADecker, my gift.  Smiley
KFCBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:24:51 AM

We don't hate religion, we hate ignorance and we love science. Some atheists probably do, but its from years of abusing our thoughts and opinions when trying to have a decent conversation with religious people.
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:07:21 AM

@RoomBot  Now I'm really speechless....

@KFCBTC  I just love it so much to reason decently.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:43:27 AM

We don't hate religion, we hate ignorance and we love science. Some atheists probably do, but its from years of abusing our thoughts and opinions when trying to have a decent conversation with religious people.

Loving science is a good thing. However...

Big Bang Theory is science. Big Bang Theory will never be known to have factually happened, in a scientific way of knowing, even if it did happen. Consensus among groups of scientist that BB DID happen does not make it fact. Yet we see in books, from NASA scientists, in the media, and from many sources that BB is fact, when we don't know that it is fact, and when there are literally tons of things that might have happened that would show that BB is not true.

Another example. Carbon dating is part of science. Carbon dating methods are accurate. But, if there was no C-14 in the atmosphere beyond 5,000 years ago, then all of our carbon dating that suggests the earth to be billions of years old is false regarding the carbon dating method. Nobody is around who has been back to 5,000 years ago to see if there was any C-14 in the atmosphere. So, regarding carbon dating, we just don't know how old anything is beyond 5,000 years ago. Yet, all kinds of things are dated to be multiple thousands of years old beyond 5,000 years old. And this dating is accepted as fact without anybody knowing for a fact that it IS fact.

Is this science? Hasn't science moved into the realm of religion? The above are only two examples. Electric vs. nuclear cosmos is another. All science theory that is accepted as fact shows countless more. Because of this, you contradict yourself. Having a conversation with religious people is the same as having a conversation with scientists, if they believe science theory to be science fact. After all, if it were fact, it would be science law, not science theory.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:51:30 AM

dippi is sensing something here about BAD, and guess what - I like it. Yeah baby, I like it a lot. You're so sweet BADecker. I haven't seen such persistence in a long time.   Wink Cool

Eternity is a long time. I'm set for eternal life because of my faith in Jesus which God won't allow anyone to take from me. I need all the people in eternity with me that I can get, so I won't get bored to death over that long time.

Cool

You wink when you say this. Why? Do you think this is some kind of joke? Look at my previous post, above. All science that is accepted as fact, when it is only theory, is not known to be fact. Bible is witness reports. Check out http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm to see that the age of the earth isn't any more than about 6,200 years. Then, if you are serious about wanting to come along, seek God in the Bible. Why? Because that is the only way He comes to you in a meaningful way... through the Bible. Go with God, not with me.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:55:25 PM

dippi is sensing something here about BAD, and guess what - I like it. Yeah baby, I like it a lot. You're so sweet BADecker. I haven't seen such persistence in a long time.   Wink Cool

Cool

I want to come with you too   Wink

You wink when you say this. Why? Do you think this is some kind of joke? Look at my previous post, above. All science that is accepted as fact, when it is only theory, is not known to be fact. Bible is witness reports. Check out http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm to see that the age of the earth isn't any more than about 6,200 years. Then, if you are serious about wanting to come along, seek God in the Bible. Why? Because that is the only way He comes to you in a meaningful way... through the Bible. Go with God, not with me.

Cool

BADecker, I wink at you - it's personal (take it or leave it). Furthermore, personally I really don't care if Earth is 6k, 60k, 600k or 4.543 billion years old, but to tell you the truth, if science has by now figured out that Earth is the third planet from the Sun, the densest planet in the Solar System, the largest of the Solar System's four terrestrial planets, and the only astronomical object known to harbor life, and that our galaxy, the Milky Way, is 13.21 billion years old, the Moon 4.53 billion years and Mars 4.503 - don't you think that if science can come up with these specific numbers of mathematical precision of astronomical objects of which no carbon dating has been done, that you don't need carbon dating - all you need is for Earth to fit in the Bigger Picture so that mathematically speaking - it ALL makes sense?

BADecker, my friend, I'm not going with science or against science, to tell you the truth about the matter - I am science, and so are you - the very pinnacle of it - and there's must be a reason for that. Now ponder on this for a few seconds.  Smiley

Edit:  Wink

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:59:20 PM

dippi is sensing something here about BAD, and guess what - I like it. Yeah baby, I like it a lot. You're so sweet BADecker. I haven't seen such persistence in a long time.   Wink Cool

Cool

I want to come with you too   Wink

Cool

BADecker, I wink at you - it's personal (take it or leave it). Furthermore, personally I really don't care if Earth is 6k, 60k, 600k or 4.543 billion years old, but to tell you the truth, if science has by now figured out that Earth is the third planet from the Sun, the densest planet in the Solar System, the largest of the Solar System's four terrestrial planets, and the only astronomical object known to harbor life, and that our galaxy, the Milky Way, is 13.21 billion years old, the Moon 4.53 billion years and Mars 4.503 - don't you think that if science can come up with these specific numbers of mathematical precision of astronomical objects of which no carbon dating has been done, that you don't need carbon dating - all you need is for Earth to fit in the Bigger Picture so that mathematically speaking - it ALL makes sense?

BADecker, my friend, I'm not going with science or against science, to tell you the truth about the matter - I am science, and so are you - the very pinnacle of it - and there's must be a reason for that. Now ponder on this for a few seconds.  Smiley

Edit:  Wink

Science has come up with a bunch of stuff. They tell you right out in their papers - if you read between the lines - that much of it is stuff that they don't know and are not sure about. God created it all. This means that He created science, as well.

If we are science, we are God's science. Science is actually scratching the surface of what there is to know. Jesus bypassed all that, and went directly to His Father, died and was raised to life again, and did what no scientist could ever do. Why and how? Because He bypassed the stupidity that is scientific examination, and went to the Source.

Cool

dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 08:27:27 PM

Ahh yes, thank you BADecker -  I think I have more ideas of how to spell the Name of the Divine:

The Source(ress)/s-es
The Architect(ess)s-es
The Planner/s
The Builder/s

dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 01:00:07 AM

Cool

Cool

@BADecker  I wrote above in an elated moment not thinking straight. Sorry for calling you 'baby'. Ultimately I have to come back from dreamy dreamland to reality - the one thing that bites. You are going to a place that is exceptional and exclusive. I have to let this wish slide to go with you. I have found the Architect outside of the collection of religion stories. Nevertheless, I enjoy reasoning very much and hope to reason some more.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 01:37:22 AM

Cool

Cool

@BADecker  I wrote above in an elated moment not thinking straight. Sorry for calling you 'baby'. Ultimately I have to come back from dreamy dreamland to reality - the one thing that bites. You are going to a place that is exceptional and exclusive. I have to let this wish slide to go with you. I have found the Architect outside of the collection of religion stories. Nevertheless, I enjoy reasoning very much and hope to reason some more.

God is with you in this. After all, He never intended to force anyone to believe Him. He shows us why it is to our benefit to believe. His spirit calls to ours, entices, cajoles, invites, but never forces. It might be that He put such a thing in us that He can't force us to accept Him.

Anyway. Your decision gives Him peace. He knows where you stand. He knows He has done His best. He still holds the door open for the rest of the time of your life. But He will not be calling as much any longer, if you have truly set yourself against Him.

Cool

dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:42:37 AM

Cool

Cool

God is with you in this. After all, He never intended to force anyone to believe Him. He shows us why it is to our benefit to believe. His spirit calls to ours, entices, cajoles, invites, but never forces. It might be that He put such a thing in us that He can't force us to accept Him.

Anyway. Your decision gives Him peace. He knows where you stand. He knows He has done His best. He still holds the door open for the rest of the time of your life. But He will not be calling as much any longer, if you have truly set yourself against Him.

Cool

@BADecker  you baffle me a bit here. I was under the impression the God-way of "bible" is a via dolorosa type of way. Not enticing and cajoling as described by you.

sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:38:52 AM

for me religion is a choice when we were born. should have every confidence must respect other people's beliefs are different.
only bred hatred anarchism and also differences. everyone in the world should have a sense of peace.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 12:27:10 PM

for me religion is a choice when we were born. should have every confidence must respect other people's beliefs are different.
only bred hatred anarchism and also differences. everyone in the world should have a sense of peace.

Religion is a choice at conception. But because we are from God, and from the presence of God at that time, we accept God then. After our birth, over our lifetimes, our understanding of God changes, and we often turn against Him, much of the time without even realizing it.

We all have the religion of the natural knowledge of God and His salvation when we are conceived. Many of us throw it away.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 02:11:32 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

@BADecker  you baffle me a bit here. I was under the impression the God-way of "bible" is a via dolorosa type of way. Not enticing and cajoling as described by you.

The way of the cross was the work that Jesus did. He died on the cross to pay for the mistakes of the whole world. Personally, I think that His payment set the whole universe straight.

Jesus's resurrection gave or applied the salvation to people... and here is the big part... IF PEOPLE ACCEPT IT.

How do you get someone to accept something? You can't force people to accept. You might be able to brainwash them, and if you are good, the brainwashing might last for a long while. But it wears off if you don't keep it up.

God doesn't want a bunch of brainwashed people. He wants people who willingly accept Him, and the salvation that Jesus did.

What else is there to get people to accept the salvation? You tell them about it. You show them the benefits of it. You show them the pains of not accepting. You might entice people. You might cajole them a bit. You certainly invite them. And there are other ways of explaining the invitation.

The one thing God doesn't do is force. Forcing someone to love God enough to accept salvation is impossible. God doesn't want a bunch of programmed robots. He wants children who are willingly and lovingly with Him, on His side.

Cool

Dizaster2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 05:08:58 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

The way of the cross was the work that Jesus did. He died on the cross to pay for the mistakes of the whole world. Personally, I think that His payment set the whole universe straight.

Jesus's resurrection gave or applied the salvation to people... and here is the big part... IF PEOPLE ACCEPT IT.

How do you get someone to accept something? You can't force people to accept. You might be able to brainwash them, and if you are good, the brainwashing might last for a long while. But it wears off if you don't keep it up.

God doesn't want a bunch of brainwashed people. He wants people who willingly accept Him, and the salvation that Jesus did.

What else is there to get people to accept the salvation? You tell them about it. You show them the benefits of it. You show them the pains of not accepting. You might entice people. You might cajole them a bit. You certainly invite them. And there are other ways of explaining the invitation.

The one thing God doesn't do is force. Forcing someone to love God enough to accept salvation is impossible. God doesn't want a bunch of programmed robots. He wants children who are willingly and lovingly with Him, on His side.

Cool
You're right! This is my opinion. There is no need to argue about whether there is God or no God? In which religion, God better? The right to live or sin? All this does not make sense. I do not need anyone or anything to persuade. Each person has to reach God. Everyone must find for themselves their faith. Otherwise, there will be neither any good for anybody.
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:22:43 PM

...and here is the really BIG part, the one important part in your Bible-story-Book where desire is meaningfully mentioned:  Matthew 16:24  Then Jesus said His to disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Can you now recognize that if you want to make it into heaven, you'll have to step up into via dolorosa YOURSELF. That is the only way to make it to gloryland. Anything else is delusion. Don't delude yourself. Set yourself straight and take up YOUR cross. Only then will God smile upon you and Jesus extend an outstretched hand towards you.   Grin

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:20:35 PM

...and here is the really BIG part, the one important part in your Bible-story-Book where desire is meaningfully mentioned:  Matthew 16:24  Then Jesus said His to disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Can you now recognize that if you want to make it into heaven, you'll have to step up into via dolorosa YOURSELF. That is the only way to make it to gloryland. Anything else is delusion. Don't delude yourself. Set yourself straight and take up YOUR cross. Only then will God smile upon you and Jesus extend an outstretched hand towards you.   Grin

You are so mixed up. What did you just quote from the Bible? "...and take up his cross..."? Whose cross? Your own cross. Not the cross of Jesus.

Your cross isn't the same as mine or Moloch's or the guy down the street. And none of them are the same as the cross Jesus carried.

Part of my cross is having to explain everything to jokers like you. And it wouldn't be so bad if you were trying to be honest. But no. You are trying to be deceitful.

Jesus never said to take up His cross, or to take His cross on you. Rather, what thing of His did He say that you should take on yourself? Matthew 11:28-30:
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Cool

dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:47:01 PM

You are so mixed up. What did you just quote from the Bible? "...and take up his cross..."? Whose cross? Your own cross. Not the cross of Jesus.

Your cross isn't the same as mine or Moloch's or the guy down the street. And none of them are the same as the cross Jesus carried.

Part of my cross is having to explain everything to jokers like you. And it wouldn't be so bad if you were trying to be honest. But no. You are trying to be deceitful.

Jesus never said to take up His cross, or to take His cross on you. Rather, what thing of His did He say that you should take on yourself? Matthew 11:28-30:

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Cool

If you, for one moment think I'm trying to be dishonest you can go to hell. You don't know the slightest bit about my cross, so don't even try to talk to me about crosses. Let me state to you straightly - GOD is, has been, and always will be on my side and therefore I am on His. {thats's why I call him GOD - he isn't affected by little bumps in the road like you are}

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:49:31 PM

Cool

If you, for one moment think I'm trying to be dishonest you can go to hell. You don't know the slightest bit about my cross, so don't even try to talk to me about crosses. Let me state to you straightly - GOD is, has been, and always will be on my side and therefore I am on His. {thats's why I call him GOD - he isn't affected by little bumps in the road like you are}

For all I know, the part about you wishing me to Hell is your dishonest part.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: