Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:00:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646879 times)
thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:31:58 PM

Anybody read the „How to Trade a Vertical Market” report? Opinions or a tl,dr?  I couldn’t draw a lot of new insights from his (much cheaper) world currency report so I’m not tempted to buy it.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:08:52 PM

Anybody read the „How to Trade a Vertical Market” report? Opinions or a tl,dr?  I couldn’t draw a lot of new insights from his (much cheaper) world currency report so I’m not tempted to buy it.

CornCube is our resident expert (that I know of) re Armstrong.  Since I do not TRADE, I do bother to subscribe to any of his reports, but I very much enjoy keeping up with his thoughts.

I do not know if CornCube subscribes (I think not), but he appears here from time-to-time and may offer good insight into trading a Vertical Market.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:01:44 PM

Brief Anonymint reference in new r0ach report:

The r0ach report 24:  Bitcoin has involuntarily turned many programmers into conmen

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-24-bitcoin-has-involuntarily-turned-many-programmers-into-conmen

https://i.imgur.com/EiAkazx.png

I saw the image above linked online and someone referred to it as "the smart money".

This is where they're wrong.  True, bitcoin has lots of smart people in the space, but all programmers have a god complex and pretend that any problem can just be worked around with some rickity hack.  They don't believe in unsolvable problems.  A truely smart person would be able to go through all possible branch prediction beforehand and realize that it's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency at all.  

If any cryptocurrency you create will either be completely centralized from day one, or designed to become that way over time, this means none of them have any fundamentals whatsoever.  If something has zero fundamentals, it's price is inevitably going back to mirror those fundamentals - zero.  

All the people you see in bitcoin right now are just programmers (problem solvers) who are trying to make a name for themselves by...solving problems.  The fact that the problem is not solvable is the perfect rat trap for any programmer since most cannot identify the issue due to their inherent god complex as mentioned above, and they will continue to shovel out dysfunctional Rube Goldberg machine one after another promising "the real cool working thing is just around the corner!", but it will never come since it's not even possible.  I expect Ethereum will be the epitome of this example.

It's not like all programmers are just delusional fool problem solving monkeys, though.  Off the top of my head, Gmaxwell said before bitcoin was created that it wasn't possible to create a decentralized digital currency, but then saw bitcoin and flip flopped and became a dev for it.  I assume he will eventually flip flop back again after exhausting all options or go insane in the process ala fate of most mathematicians.  Mind-boggingly, many other people who work on bitcoin are some of it's biggest skeptics, such as Peter Todd flash dumping much of his stash when he saw it becoming completely centralized under corporate-like entities such as Ghash.io in the past.

Ironically, some of the much less popular and more notorious people in the bitcoin space identified cryptocurrency for what it is far ahead of the mainstream ones who still don't seem to get it (if you take Gmaxwell's flip flop into account that is).  People such as Realsolid of MCXNOW identified all cryptocurrency as mostly useless "Rube Goldberg" machines in private conversation long ago in the past.  At the time, I was leaning towards 90-99% chance these are all unsolvable problems myself.  Shortly thereafter, (notorious?) user Anonymint in typical Anonymint wall of text fashion also identified decentralization in cryptocurrency as an unsolvable problem on the bitcoin forums.

Many of these people in the bitcoin space constantly flip flop back and forth due to the inherent god complex in programmers, so it's hard to keep track of who is on what side.  The one constant trait in bitcoin is that the people who know the absolute least about it have the most confidence, or at least 'portrayed' confidence about it.  In the context of this article, these people shall be known as traders and pumpers.  The traders and pumpers manipulating price tend to provide a feedback loop to the programmers who then feel if the price is going up instead of down, their work or technical belief system is somehow valid; or in the case of cryptocurrency decentralization being an unsolvable problem, the Rube Goldberg machine currently fooling enough people that matter.

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:28:04 PM

A point at which bitcoin is starting to become completely comical to me:

If Bitcoin Diamond has more proof of work than Bcash, then Bitcoin Diamond will become the real Bcash.

There's no such thing as "more proof of work" unless you claim there's some intrinsic characteristic that makes SHA256 the only valid hash function that exists, which there is clearly not and it's just a meaningless, arbitrary talking point.  Which is much higher on the list of problems than complaints from other people such as "the only valid proof of work would require 51% of energy in the entire known universe".  Forget about total energy/work usage, there is not even a common consensus point in which to exert that energy on, especially when you consider SHA256 quantum vulnerability to things like Shors/Grovers.  Just another reason to flop onto the stack as to why bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency are just Rube Goldberg machines that don't actually do what they claim.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:08:47 PM

If Bitcoin Diamond has more proof of work than Bcash, then Bitcoin Diamond will become the real Bcash.

There's no such thing as "more proof of work" unless you claim there's some intrinsic characteristic that makes SHA256 the only valid hash function that exists, which there is clearly not and it's just a meaningless, arbitrary talking point.  Which is much higher on the list of problems than complaints from other people such as "the only valid proof of work would require 51% of energy in the entire known universe".  Forget about total energy/work usage, there is not even a common consensus point in which to exert that energy on, especially when you consider SHA256 quantum vulnerability to things like Shors/Grovers.  Just another reason to flop onto the stack as to why bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency are just Rube Goldberg machines that don't actually do what they claim.
Not more comical than your $600 bitcoin to gold conversion hahahah. Hows that 15x loss feeling today?
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:23:30 AM

First have a happy (belated) Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday....  Even when I'm in South America now.  I have MUCH to be thankful for.

R0ach may wind up right in the end. 

Or as (AKA) "CornCube" has earlier suggested, all that Au and Ag may be tossed into the streets "When The Man Comes Around".  THIS is worth a listen (40,000,000 views), play it loud...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

NO ONE KNOWS!
NO ONE KNOWS!

But, I am glad to have held on to [much of] my Bitcoin, even having bought gold when the BTC price was a lot lower.  In practical terms for me: ALL the BTC I own has already been paid for, the rest is all gravy...  Mmm mmm!

Diversification, bitchez!
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:38:26 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 12:50:16 AM by realr0ach

There's no such thing as "more proof of work" unless you claim there's some intrinsic characteristic that makes SHA256 the only valid hash function that exists, which there is clearly not and it's just a meaningless, arbitrary talking point.  Which is much higher on the list of problems than complaints from other people such as "the only valid proof of work would require 51% of energy in the entire known universe".  Forget about total energy/work usage, there is not even a common consensus point in which to exert that energy on, especially when you consider SHA256 quantum vulnerability to things like Shors/Grovers.  Just another reason to flop onto the stack as to why bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency are just Rube Goldberg machines that don't actually do what they claim.
Not more comical than your $600 bitcoin to gold conversion hahahah. Hows that 15x loss feeling today?

And another day of the indian liar sidhujag.  Since I margin traded the halving and closed around $800, the lowest I've ever converted any bitcoin to metals is $800+, and I only sold 1/2 of them then.  I've converted plenty of bitcoins to silver at the $3000-$5000 level too.  What I have left I'm letting it ride for now.  So as you can see, I've been selling off in tiers like any non-retarded person to lock in some type of gains rather than holding thin air and pretending it's wealth.

I think it was Charles Hoskinson that said he bought an Xbox with bitcoin when they were $1 each, so that would be like a $1.6 million dollar xbox.  Except it's not really because bitcoin doesn't represent any type of tangible wealth. You have nothing until you've converted it into some type of physical asset to realize some type of gain.  The value of bitcoin can vaporize as fast as Zimbabwe dollars.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:33:40 AM

Why people who promote craptocurrency over metals are idiots:

I'm not a fan of Martin Armstrong, but his definition of gold and silver is "a hedge against government".  An actual competent person trying to disparage bitcoin would mention that bitcoin is not a hedge against government since it's traffic is not obfuscated and it runs on the governments own infrastructure.  Not to mention it's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency in the first place, only centralized ones.  At the end of the day, the only valid hedge against government is metals because government can't afford to police the entire physical world, but they can easily afford to police the digital one.

Cryptocurrency only exists due to the will of the government.  Jewish sheklers like Larry Summers and Ben Bernanke actively promote it (red flag).  They promote it because the amount of gold in Fort Knox is somewhere between 0 to 2000 tons max (much likely far closer to 0).  They all know people are going to hang (hopefully lots of jewish criminals) when the debt bubble collapses and the US is forced to issue a new form of money with all the assets serving that role "mysteriously" being gone.  

They're attempting to pull a business as usual scam and pretend they can just "print" up some digital 0's and 1's in the place of real money, avoid hanging in the process, while also enslaving the population even further with a new Jewish controlled, digital only slave blockchain to replace the former Jewish, debt based scam currency.  There's just too many Goyim that know now, so unless a tidal wave of millenial cuckolds buys into the idea that digital scam tokens are somehow more valuable than real world physical money like metals, everyone at the fed, the BIS, and the IMF will hang.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:49:38 AM

There's no such thing as "more proof of work" unless you claim there's some intrinsic characteristic that makes SHA256 the only valid hash function that exists, which there is clearly not and it's just a meaningless, arbitrary talking point.  Which is much higher on the list of problems than complaints from other people such as "the only valid proof of work would require 51% of energy in the entire known universe".  Forget about total energy/work usage, there is not even a common consensus point in which to exert that energy on, especially when you consider SHA256 quantum vulnerability to things like Shors/Grovers.  Just another reason to flop onto the stack as to why bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency are just Rube Goldberg machines that don't actually do what they claim.

And another day of the indian liar sidhujag.  Since I margin traded the halving and closed around $800, the lowest I've ever converted any bitcoin to metals is $800+, and I only sold 1/2 of them then.  I've converted plenty of bitcoins to silver at the $3000-$5000 level too.  What I have left I'm letting it ride for now.  So as you can see, I've been selling off in tiers like any non-retarded person to lock in some type of gains rather than holding thin air and pretending it's wealth.

I think it was Charles Hoskinson that said he bought an Xbox with bitcoin when they were $1 each, so that would be like a $1.6 million dollar xbox.  Except it's not really because bitcoin doesn't represent any type of tangible wealth. You have nothing until you've converted it into some type of physical asset to realize some type of gain.  The value of bitcoin can vaporize as fast as Zimbabwe dollars.

Actually my strategy has been similar to r0ach's.  I have sold off BTC at various prices, some MUCH lower than now for gold (jmbullion.com).  But, not all my sales were at such terribly low prices, I sold twice when BTC was around $6400.  I got a nice shipment of gold then! 

Smiley

Selling BTC in tiers (thx for the right word r0ach) or tranches is just smart.  ALL of my BTC is profit, already paid for and more.

It will hurt to have to trade in more BTC, but my next sales price will (perhaps) be $9000 - $10,000 if the price keeps going up.  Mmm mmm, more tasty gravy, whee...!

But, I will not sell all of my BTC for the foreseeable future.

Bitcoin (or perhaps more accurately cryptocurrencies) are natural allies!

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:29:11 AM

I think it was Charles Hoskinson that said he bought an Xbox with bitcoin when they were $1 each, so that would be like a $1.6 million dollar xbox.  Except it's not really because bitcoin doesn't represent any type of tangible wealth. You have nothing until you've converted it into some type of physical asset to realize some type of gain.  The value of bitcoin can vaporize as fast as Zimbabwe dollars.
Nice try. You instantly turned into a bear after you sold at $600 you might have had 1 or 2 left big whoop. You are a product of your position. You hold fools gold and thus shill metals. Anyways happy to see your out. We need one less dumbass on the train to freedom. Those that do not understand the basics of money need not apply. Good day Smiley
libertad

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:16:16 AM

I'm not a fan of Martin Armstrong, but his definition of gold and silver is "a hedge against government".  An actual competent person trying to disparage bitcoin would mention that bitcoin is not a hedge against government since it's traffic is not obfuscated and it runs on the governments own infrastructure.  Not to mention it's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency in the first place, only centralized ones.  At the end of the day, the only valid hedge against government is metals because government can't afford to police the entire physical world, but they can easily afford to police the digital one.

Cryptocurrency only exists due to the will of the government.  Jewish sheklers like Larry Summers and Ben Bernanke actively promote it (red flag).  They promote it because the amount of gold in Fort Knox is somewhere between 0 to 2000 tons max (much likely far closer to 0).  They all know people are going to hang (hopefully lots of jewish criminals) when the debt bubble collapses and the US is forced to issue a new form of money with all the assets serving that role "mysteriously" being gone.  

They're attempting to pull a business as usual scam and pretend they can just "print" up some digital 0's and 1's in the place of real money, avoid hanging in the process, while also enslaving the population even further with a new Jewish controlled, digital only slave blockchain to replace the former Jewish, debt based scam currency.  There's just too many Goyim that know now, so unless a tidal wave of millenial cuckolds buys into the idea that digital scam tokens are somehow more valuable than real world physical money like metals, everyone at the fed, the BIS, and the IMF will hang.

What are your thoughts on platinum as an investment? 
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:28:44 PM

Many, many people HATE platinum as an investment.  Pt has doubters who may be right about one thing: if electric vehicles take off, Pt and its related metals may decline substantially in use, as no catalytic converters would be needed in such (new) vehicles.

However, I like it, partly because so many hate it.  Pt is diversification within precious metals.  It is also "value dense" (a little bit is worth a lot).  So I buy a little Pt from time-to-time.  As I repeat ad nauseum, I love diversification.

But for me, the precious metal king for me is gold.

I would ONLY buy Pt (if I were you) if you already have a reasonable base of gold (possibly silver as well).
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:38:37 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 06:52:11 PM by realr0ach

If all you're doing is trying to preserve wealth it's hard not to be good since it's current price is probably more rock bottom than any metal out there, so you can likely hold and easily make money too.  But in the future, gold and silver will likely have a higher price gap premium between sticker price and cost of production.  It's 100% inevitable gold will spike at least twice it's current price in current dollar purchasing power when you compare things like debt levels vs gold ratios seen in the past.  When that happens, silver will go to at least a 30:1 ratio of around $75-85.  Will platinum match those type of 4-4.5x returns in current purchasing power?  I don't know.

This is all in terms of a regular metals bull market and not a currency collapse or anything.  It's hard to go wrong with gold, silver, or platinum at this point, but I think silver will have the highest returns if you can wait for the inevitable metals bull run to occur.  The idea a few propagandists have put out that the govt can revalue gold to $10-20k while simultaneously suppressing silver to make it not go up at all is complete nonsense.  At the time when governments around the world revalue gold, there will probably not be an ounce of gold or silver on any store shelf left to buy, so the free market would push things up to the moon no matter what.
libertad

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:46:56 PM

If all you're doing is trying to preserve wealth it's hard not to be good since it's current price is probably more rock bottom than any metal out there, so you can likely hold and easily make money too.  But in the future, gold and silver will likely have a higher price gap premium between sticker price and cost of production.  It's 100% inevitable gold will spike at least twice it's current price in current dollar purchasing power when you compare things like debt levels vs gold ratios seen in the past.  When that happens, silver will go to at least a 30:1 ratio of around $75-85.  Will platinum match those type of 4-4.5x returns in current purchasing power?  I don't know.

This is all in terms of a regular metals bull market and not a currency collapse or anything.  It's hard to go wrong with gold, silver, or platinum at this point, but I think silver will have the highest returns if you can wait for the inevitable metals bull run to occur.  The idea a few propagandists have put out that the govt can revalue gold to $10-20k while simultaneously suppressing silver to make it not go up at all is complete nonsense.  At the time when governments around the world revalue gold, there will probably not be an ounce of gold or silver on any store shelf left to buy, so the free market would push things up to the moon no matter what.
Thanks. The reason I asked is because I see the platinum/gold ratio near historical lows (as you say more rock bottom than any metal out there).
I just find it hard to imagine this ratio going much lower in any circumstance. I agree that silver is probably best. It does take up a lot more space though. 
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1423

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 12:09:01 AM

I'm not a fan of Martin Armstrong, but his definition of gold and silver is "a hedge against government".  An actual competent person trying to disparage bitcoin would mention that bitcoin is not a hedge against government since it's traffic is not obfuscated and it runs on the governments own infrastructure.  Not to mention it's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency in the first place, only centralized ones.  

Platinum is an industrial metal and its too concentrated in Russia apparently.  Its very unlikely to be adopted as a tradable currency when its subject to elements like car production so much and then also flawed in lopsided production potential.   Of course it has a good long term fungible worth and is likely to appreciate but I'd even rate silver over Platinum ironically because its more widely spread out and available as a source of worth in every economy.  Silver obviously is used for various production and is subject to excess volatility.
Greater uses should be a positive but as I understand it is disruptive to long term placement as a monetary base.

One of the interesting national uses to which platinum
was formerly put was the coinage by Russia of
3-, 6-, and 12-ruble coins, which began in 1828 and
continued until 1846.

The forthcoming measures to change and restrict internet usage in USA towards a bias of large corporate entities by the FCC with its unelected head could be more disruptive to cyptocurrency then is being discounted by the market.   China already routinely disrupts and controls traffic for its population and is likely interfering in cryptocurrency with control of a too densely concentrated base of miners in that country.
I dont believe all crypto must share this weakness, its possible proof of stake is superior by not assigning control of the blockchain to the greatest source of mining efficiency, power alone

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:16:42 PM

Anyone here read below comment by MA:

Can someone in layman’s way explain below statement

am not at liberty to discuss such matters. With MIFID II, it is more curious as to how American banks will be able to put out such forecasts contrary to MIFID. I cannot reveal the plot just yet going on in Washington to deal with MIFID. Trust me, there is a very sinister plot afoot and when I reveal the scope you will be very surprised how the Trump Administration is being manipulated as has every Administration since Clinton.”

Any idea what plot he's referring to here?
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:31:59 PM

Anyone here read below comment by MA:

Can someone in layman’s way explain below statement

am not at liberty to discuss such matters. With MIFID II, it is more curious as to how American banks will be able to put out such forecasts contrary to MIFID. I cannot reveal the plot just yet going on in Washington to deal with MIFID. Trust me, there is a very sinister plot afoot and when I reveal the scope you will be very surprised how the Trump Administration is being manipulated as has every Administration since Clinton.”

Any idea what plot he's referring to here?

Risk Mgmt

I'm no expert, but this was a link in Armstrong's recent article:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/socrates/the-mifid-ii-directive-changing-research-forever/

Here's a clip:

The Mifid II EU financial market directive is to begin in 2018, and is changing everything. Financial analysts employed by banks and securities brokerage firm are likely to find themselves without jobs. Hundreds are under threat of losing their jobs due to the new regulations taking hold.  Mifid II will change research forever reducing analytical departments on a grand scale. Banks and brokers will have to explicitly reimburse their expenses for the research, which up until now, has simply been part of the trading costs. A significant part the trading costs have been attributable to the work of financial analysts. Someone has to pay for them to write investment studies and letters, and provide advice to clients – asset managers, large investors and wealthy private individuals. The problem has been that such advice is far too often tainted with conflicts of interests and that has led to major lawsuits and big awards to clients. Even back in the 1980s, the top analyst at Salomon Brothers Wall Street investment bank, would come out with some recommendation and his own firm would be on the opposite side of the trade. Those days of conflicts have come to an end.

It also looks like a set of directives regarding research into derivatives, via Google search:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markets_in_Financial_Instruments_Directive_2004

My best guess?   This directive will mean that banks who employ researchers will have to charge customers for that research, or potential customers needing that sort of research will have to pay for independent research (like Armstrong is offering to institutions).

Derivatives are what may burn down the [financial] house.  But, .gov regulation is dangerous.  As are the BANKSTERS.  I am sticking with products like gold and Bitcoin, which are not really derivatives created by banksters or .gov (latter that we know of anyway).

CornCube

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:06:19 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 08:52:59 AM by CornCube

The dollar haters have been touting that the Chinese yuan, or otherwise known as the renminbi, would kill the dollar and gold will soar.
[…]
In fact, the renminbi’s global share has declined from nearly 2.5% of total global capital flows in 2015, for that was its peak in September 2015 actually on target with the Economic Confidence Model. So despite all the fanfare, China has entered a decline since 2015 – not a rally to kill the dollar.
[…]
to the dollar haters who concoct endless scenarios to paint the picture of the end of the dollar. One has to wonder why people continue to read these people. They have NEVER been right. They have used the scare-tactics that increasing the money supply would devastate the dollar and create hyperinflation. Another failed scenario. They there was the one about China was going to trade “real” gold, not paper futures as in New York COMEX. That one was supposed to kill the COMEX and everyone would rush to China. Well, that did not happen either. They lack any comprehension of how the world functions
[…]
What makes the US economy the biggest? The American consumer and lower taxes than Europe.
[…]
Europe is following Marx. They think the government is better equipped to spend other people’s money. That produces corruption, not economic growth.
[…]
As long as China keeps its tax rate low and allows the people to spend the benefits of their labour, then it will continue to rise to displace the West which is blinded by power and pursue this Hunt forever more Taxes [but China will not become the new financial capital of the world until after 2032 and the dollar will rally for more years yet].

Everything that is fungible is fleeting, including fungible metals.

Cryptocurrencies (plural) are not fungible with each other (exchanges even decentralized exchanges don’t make them fungible with each other). The decentralized ledger is not limited to fungible applications such as currency. The currency aspect will end up fading away in relevance, as will the relevance of all stored fungible monetary capital. Where we’re headed, the utility (value) of all that fungible shit will become fleeting.

So keep stacking fleeting fungible shit. Those who are wiser will hone their knowledge creation capabilities. The next response to OROBTC applies, in that cryptocurrencies are about destroying the value of fungible monetary stores. Most people have not figured this out yet. I tend to be 5 - 10 years ahead of most others.

Note monetary capital still has some utility. I'm not saying to put no effort at all to accumulating some if you think you can utilize it to further the real point, but if that is all you're doing then I think you’re missing the point of our existence as quoted below in my reply to @OROBTC.

P.S. the government can’t do a damn thing about private keys and the balances/information controlled by them. I had months ago explained to you that cryptocurrency (and blockchain data) is like an endospore which can’t be permanently shut down. Besides cryptocurrency is the best information gathering tool ever gifted to governments, so they don’t want to shut it down.

"When The Man Comes Around".  THIS is worth a listen (40,000,000 views), play it loud...:

That inspired this post:

There’s no universal truth. We pick a role. And every role is part of nature. And no, we’re never above nature nor above being an “animal” (as if a thinking creature is not an animal, lol)

Idealism is so dangerous like any good drug, because since they’re drugged on the “happy chemicals” of their idealistic delusion (lie), in exchange for swallowing the intoxicating blue pill, they’ll go to any extreme irrationality to maintain the delusion, such as junk science, forced sterilization, war, etc.. They drink their own Koolaid and truly believe their irrational “we’re making a better world”. News flash: the universe is constructed on ongoing randomness. If not, nothing would nor could exist other than as a static, prescripted recording. We’re not making a damn thing. The entropic reality is we’re finding ways to randomly destroy everything created— IOW by increasing the entropic diversity diversity of knowledge thus maximizing the distribution of uncertainty.

The “Man in Black”— Johnny Cash.

Wise man.

Inspirational to see Johnny Cash still available to perform so well when he could barely walk.

Brief Anonymint reference in new r0ach report:

The r0ach report 24:  Bitcoin has involuntarily turned many programmers into conmen

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-24-bitcoin-has-involuntarily-turned-many-programmers-into-conmen

https://i.imgur.com/EiAkazx.png

I saw the image above linked online and someone referred to it as "the smart money".

This is where they're wrong.  True, bitcoin has lots of smart people in the space, but all programmers have a god complex and pretend that any problem can just be worked around with some rickity hack.  They don't believe in unsolvable problems.  A truely smart person would be able to go through all possible branch prediction beforehand and realize that it's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency at all.

Or a smart person might have discovered a way to make them plausibly decentralized. Just because you think you have analyzed all the options @r0ach, doesn’t insure you know all the options.

All the people you see in bitcoin right now are just programmers (problem solvers) who are trying to make a name for themselves by...solving problems.  The fact that the problem is not solvable is the perfect rat trap for any programmer since most cannot identify the issue due to their inherent god complex as mentioned above, and they will continue to shovel out dysfunctional Rube Goldberg machine one after another promising "the real cool working thing is just around the corner!", but it will never come since it's not even possible.  I expect Ethereum will be the epitome of this example.

In my case, the delay has been significantly an issue of battling chronic fatigue due to autoimmunity, presumably due to TB and residual effects of multiple dengue infections. It’s difficult to make progress when one spends most/much their time in bed with brain fatigue/fog unable to remember what they were thinking 1 minute earlier.

See also: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3271466/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21112804
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1413-86702012000100018
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/04/11/zika-linked-second-autoimmune-disorder-similar-multiple-sclerosis/82908078/

Shortly thereafter, (notorious?) user Anonymint in typical Anonymint wall of text fashion also identified decentralization in cryptocurrency as an unsolvable problem on the bitcoin forums.

Many of these people in the bitcoin space constantly flip flop back and forth due to the inherent god complex in programmers, so it's hard to keep track of who is on what side.  The one constant trait in bitcoin is that the people who know the absolute least about it have the most confidence, or at least 'portrayed' confidence about it.

I did write that thread years ago, a more recent Gist post (which btw is a truncated version of longer secret Gist which reveals some of my design), and even in fact recently embroiled into this again with Daniel Larimer.

It’s true that I see even flaws in my own design which could potentially cause it to become centralized, but I’m working on the notion that people will be able to form groups of like-mindedness about protecting the invariants of the protocol. The key is for the community to be able to objectively distinguish malfeasance and for each individual to be able to independently and effectively route around it, i.e. castrating the powe of political influence.

The devil is in the details.

Anybody read the „How to Trade a Vertical Market” report? Opinions or a tl,dr?  I couldn’t draw a lot of new insights from his (much cheaper) world currency report so I’m not tempted to buy it.

CornCube is our resident expert (that I know of) re Armstrong.  Since I do not TRADE, I do bother to subscribe to any of his reports, but I very much enjoy keeping up with his thoughts.

I do not know if CornCube subscribes (I think not), but he appears here from time-to-time and may offer good insight into trading a Vertical Market.

I turned my focus away from trading and didn’t ask my source if he had purchased that report.

Btw, the username @CornCube was intentionally chosen to be visually similar to @CoinCube because I couldn’t think of a username that I wanted which wasn’t taken, because the only reason I registered again after prior username was banned again, was to reply to @CoinCube about superrationality in the DE thread, and because I thought maybe the mods would be visually confused for a sufficient time.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:07:16 AM

Market is still bigger than anyone one person.. so it will end up using the most efficient cash system it can find and implement into society.. the drive towards ideal money never ended... gold wasnt ideal because its too heavy and it meant todays rich can benefit at expense of tomorrow. Central bank targeting is more efficient and ideal over gold backed inflation... and cryptocurrency with some baked in inflation metric is even more ideal because or its public auditable properties and claims of work that cannot be forged... so sooner or later gold will be shiny toy your grandma loves but just not worth much
You sound like me. Its all about sov moe uoa
CornCube

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:51:37 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 08:55:11 AM by CornCube

BCH versus BTC.

An excerpt:

I would never design a crypto project wherein the individual users (aka the tyranny-of-the-mob) could vote or otherwise be involved in mutating the protocol. The users should only be able to enforce the protocol, and never mutate it. Because users are dumb and have many conflicting needs they want to meet, which may have nothing to do with objectivity, i.e. the reason democracy is a clusterfuck. Satoshi designed proof-of-work such that the miners and whales decide. Period.
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: