Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:47:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646879 times)
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:03:21 AM

Market is still bigger than anyone one person.. so it will end up using the most efficient cash system it can find and implement into society.. the drive towards ideal money never ended... gold wasnt ideal because its too heavy and it meant todays rich can benefit at expense of tomorrow. Central bank targeting is more efficient and ideal over gold backed inflation... and cryptocurrency with some baked in inflation metric is even more ideal because or its public auditable properties and claims of work that cannot be forged... so sooner or later gold will be shiny toy your grandma loves but just not worth much
You sound like me. Its all about sov moe uoa

What a bunch of noobs.  It's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency, thus no cryptocurrency has any fundamentals whatsoever, and the value of something with no fundamentals is zero.  This means any craptocurrency is nothing more than a valueless pump and dump. 

Ethereum is the ultimate lesson for how much of a fraud these things are, when they created a bunch of coins out of thin air for free which have no value.  Since the distribution is crap and all concentrated in a few guys hands, it's basically an illiquid/toxic asset.  They then drag their toxic asset to the Poloniex exchange using a wheelbarrow and leverage the price higher to create....a higher priced toxic asset.  Being able to create valueless assets out of thin air and then use those valueless assets as collateral to leverage them higher while trying to pawn them off onto idiots is about as big of a scam as you can get.

There is no such thing as "virtual wealth".  The only wealth that exists are real world physical objects, not objects in your imagination.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:06:00 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 08:09:04 AM by criptix

Market is still bigger than anyone one person.. so it will end up using the most efficient cash system it can find and implement into society.. the drive towards ideal money never ended... gold wasnt ideal because its too heavy and it meant todays rich can benefit at expense of tomorrow. Central bank targeting is more efficient and ideal over gold backed inflation... and cryptocurrency with some baked in inflation metric is even more ideal because or its public auditable properties and claims of work that cannot be forged... so sooner or later gold will be shiny toy your grandma loves but just not worth much
You sound like me. Its all about sov moe uoa

What a bunch of noobs.  It's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency, thus no cryptocurrency has any fundamentals whatsoever, and the value of something with no fundamentals is zero.  This means any craptocurrency is nothing more than a valueless pump and dump. 

Ethereum is the ultimate lesson for how much of a fraud these things are, when they created a bunch of coins out of thin air for free which have no value.  Since the distribution is crap and all concentrated in a few guys hands, it's basically an illiquid/toxic asset.  They then drag their toxic asset to the Poloniex exchange using a wheelbarrow and leverage the price higher to create....a higher priced toxic asset.  Being able to create valueless assets out of thin air and then use those valueless assets as collateral to leverage them higher while trying to pawn them off onto idiots is about as big of a scam as you can get.

There is no such thing as "virtual wealth".  The only wealth that exists are real world physical objects, not objects in your imagination.

Please tell that google, facebook, twitter etc. pp.

/edit

I still believe holding PM is good choice for diversification - but virtual wealth is real roach.
And if society doesnt end in a WW3 big bang then virtual wealth will be the future.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
CornCube

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:59:08 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 12:52:41 AM by CornCube

[…]

I think you misunderstand who the miners are. They are likely banksters themselves...

And that you do not even understand that is also what I wrote in the post you were replying to, speaks volumes…

I will tell you again that TPTB (i.e. the Zionists) pulling the strings are in control of (or funded) both Core and Bitmain (i.e. both BTC and BCH). The entire Hegelian dialectic crisis is a dog & pony show to make us fools believe we have something new and innovative. We don’t.

What do you mean I don't understand it? I explicitly stated so in my reply. Just replace Zionists in your post with Bankers in mine, and we effectively came to the same conclusion. The only difference is that I reject the conspiracy theory that the Zionists control everything in the world, and that they are the one's that created Bitcoin.

They don’t control everything, such as the climate or what you ate for breakfast.

The Zionists control all major monetary systems of the world. All. No exceptions.

Unless you think Bitcoin is some silly shit that will have no significant impact, then the Zionists control it. Period.

If they didn’t control, they would take control of it, which they can do given they control every national security agency (NSA, CIA, GCHQ, etc) in the world.

Who the heck has the power to keep “Satoshi Nakamoto” anonymous from the NSA, CIA, GCHQ, etc? Duh.

[…]

It is a very easy to understand and sensible plan, and a very well orchestrated pump and dump.

The entire crypto ecosystem is for fleecing humanity, including BitcoinSegWit and Core.

The masses will never trust or use cryptocurrencies if the elites go through with your purported doomsday theory. Practically 80% of the poll's respondents agree with me on that. They can profit off of the pumping and dumping of Bitcoin Cash greatly, and they will still be able to keep their Bitcoin stashes very valuable while doing so as a bonus.

The masses are not supposed to end up using Bitcoin. Your foundational assumption is incorrect.

The masses are supposed to be fleeced in a massive Tulip bubble.

It's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency […]

[…]

However, the “bigger fish eat the little fish” paradigm doesn’t scale to only one big fish that ate everything (this is why the Zionists ultimately fail), i.e. even though wealth is power-law distributed, still 50% remains with the minnows (but they can’t organize themselves politically and thus precisely why we need true decentralization). Thus I still continue working on my altcoin protocol.

Actually I think it may be possible to per the quote I gave in my prior post in this thread.

However, the Zionists will of course take control over it if it becomes a major fungible monetary system. So we need to do something about killing the fungibility while still making it a worthwhile endeavor.

There is no such thing as "virtual wealth".  The only wealth that exists are real world physical objects, not objects in your imagination.

Please tell that [to] google, facebook, twitter etc.

[…]

And if society doesnt end in a WW3 big bang then virtual wealth will be the future.

Indeed we’re headed into the Knowledge age and out of the fixed capital investment industrial age.

Roach is still stuck in the past with his physical trinkets. The Zionists also control the major monetary system of tradeable gold (although Rothschild sold his interest in the London Gold exchange a few years ago), so roach can have fun trying to find someone else who wants to accept his trinkets in barter trades in the outback.

I empathize with roach’s understanding that most everything is a Zionist (not Jewish!) trap.

@criptix, I will be hoping to get a full modern medical system diagnostics on my health over the next few weeks. Setting up appointments today as I have enough funding now even without health insurance given the appreciation of crypto investments and the kindness of others. Also hoping to experiment with IVC therapy. I lost my voice this week (but it’s coming back now), presumably from a head flu and not related to the multi-year chronic health issue.
CornCube

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:18:45 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 11:52:29 AM by CornCube

They don’t control everything, such as the climate or what you ate for breakfast.

The Zionists control all major monetary systems of the world. All. No exceptions.

Unless you think Bitcoin is some silly shit that will have no significant impact, then the Zionists control it. Period.

If they didn’t control, they would take control of it, which they can do given they control every national security agency (NSA, CIA, GCHQ, etc) in the world.

Who the heck has the power to keep “Satoshi Nakamoto” anonymous from the NSA, CIA, GCHQ, etc? Duh.

[…]

Bitcoin is destined to have $10,000+ per transaction fee and be used as a reserve currency of the elite. The rest of us will be pushed off on to fiat electronic currencies, which is what LN is all about.

Bitcoin was created to help bring about the NWO.

[…]

It means exactly what I wrote, that Core is in a delusional trap bolstered by their non-antifragile estimate of their own power. The bankster/Zionists put them into this position by funding them (go look who funded Blockstream!) and helping to anoint them, but I’m seeing that as usual bankster/Zionists are constructing a future false flag effect and employing the concept of compartmentalization1 (i.e. they’re maintaining leverage for the future).

Ah I take full credit for turning Armstrong on to this perspective (see copies of my emails to him upthread about this topic):

Electronic currency is ALREADY the bulk of the money supply.

[…]

The government WILL move toward cryptocurrencies THAT THEY WILL CONTROL, not the private sector.

[…]

I have to wonder if the government is not behind this entire cryptocurrency phenomenon. Satoshi Nakamoto is the name assigned to this mysterious unknown person or people who designed Bitcoin and created its original reference implementation. Nobody knows who invented this technology. It is entirely possible that this movement is a false flag created by the government to move society to accept the end of tangible money. It is very strange that the person who invented this technology is unknown and has not stepped forward to demand some royalty.

I promise I didn’t read Armstrong’s blog post before writing the above quoted today. It’s eerie that he and I often write the same things within a day or two of each other.
CornCube

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:43:00 PM

Armstrong is finally going to give us a report analysing cryptocurrency!

QUESTION: Should I just give up an sell all my gold and just buy stocks after the Senate passed tax reform?

ANSWER: Gold has its time and place. The 2018 Gold Report will also cover cryptocurrency since many of the goldbugs abandoned gold for Bitcoin.  Will BitCoin peak with a low in gold? We will issue this special report and provide video updates throughout the course of 2018 when necessary to supplement the report.

The price will be $750 for the year. We will let you know when it is available to purchase after the 1st of the year.

Btw I had access to the How to Trade a Vertical Market report. It was mostly about history. The actionable information was basic common sense that seasoned traders already know.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:57:50 AM

Armstrong is finally going to give us a report analysing cryptocurrency!

QUESTION: Should I just give up an sell all my gold and just buy stocks after the Senate passed tax reform?

ANSWER: Gold has its time and place. The 2018 Gold Report will also cover cryptocurrency since many of the goldbugs abandoned gold for Bitcoin.  Will BitCoin peak with a low in gold? We will issue this special report and provide video updates throughout the course of 2018 when necessary to supplement the report.

The price will be $750 for the year. We will let you know when it is available to purchase after the 1st of the year.

Btw I had access to the How to Trade a Vertical Market report. It was mostly about history. The actionable information was basic common sense that seasoned traders already know.
Do the opposite of him and u will be fine
CornCube

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:42:35 AM

So we should have bought gold and silver when they where $1800 and $48  Huh And bought the Euro at 1.30  Huh And sold the DJIA at 12,000  Huh And bought oil at $100  Huh

All of those macro trades he was spot on. In fact, his computer even nailed to the exact dollar the end of the year oil price for the year it collapsed from $100.

I think you need to check your facts. You’ve probably completely failed to understand his macro thesis since 2012. Perhaps you got confused by some short-term trading thoughts in his blogs. Trading the wiggles is not the same as the macro thesis. All of the complaints I have seen in this thread have tried to use short-term trading blogs to paint an incorrect understanding of MA’s consistent long-term macro stance.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:00:07 AM

So we should have bought gold and silver when they where $1800 and $48  Huh And bought the Euro at 1.30  Huh And sold the DJIA at 12,000  Huh And bought oil at $100  Huh

All of those macro trades he was spot on. In fact, his computer even nailed to the exact dollar the end of the year oil price for the year it collapsed from $100.

I think you need to check your facts. You’ve probably completely failed to understand his macro thesis since 2012. Perhaps you got confused by some short-term trading thoughts in his blogs. Trading the wiggles is not the same as the macro thesis. All of the complaints I have seen in this thread have tried to use short-term trading blogs to paint an incorrect understanding of MA’s consistent long-term macro stance.
His macro calls are public no need to buy those and i could have told you those. Listen to me instead? I always said im on his side for long term macro minus his crypto view but he seems to focus more on short term because thats what ppl wanna pay him for.so he does it and thus my comment. Do ppl pay for macro views?
CornCube

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:26:22 PM

His macro calls are public no need to buy those and i could have told you those. Listen to me instead? I always said im on his side for long term macro minus his crypto view but he seems to focus more on short term because thats what ppl wanna pay him for.so he does it and thus my comment. Do ppl pay for macro views?

The goal of a day trader is to be correct only more than 50% of the time. The small increments add up over time. Nobody is correct 100% of the time on the short-term. Numerous times MA has written that they shorter the time-frame, the more chaos and thus the less accurate/stable the prediction. No one here has done comprehensive analysis of his performance on his paid trading reports. I’ve been reading his paid updates and they contain what if scenario nuggets which have been very helpful. For example, one current open nugget is that if the DJIA opens 2018 above the 2017 high, then it’s very unlikely we will see a major correction in early 2018 and instead that we’re already into the move towards 35,000.

MA is trying to figure out the relationship of the crypto bubble to gold. I’m very interested/curious to read his theory about any such relationship.

In the following blog post, MA points out that he’s been battling the “NY Club” (why doesn’t he realize/admit these are the Zionists?) since even as far back as 1980s when he was one of the 3 largest market makers in physical gold. If you think you’re going to be able to evade taxes or confiscation of your physical gold, read this:

[…]

Now comes Bitcoin. The Judiciary Committee of the United States Senate is currently working on Bill S.1241 that aims to criminalize deliberate concealment of property or the control of a financial account.

The bill was submitted in June, and the law would change the definition of “financial account” and “financial institution,” and thus also cover digital currencies and digital exchanges. Who is pushing it? None other than California’s Senator Dianne Feinstein, who maintains that the bill is needed to update existing money laundering laws because of terrorists.

This means that the miners of Bitcoin will become a “bank,” as I was declared. The operators of the trading platform Coinbase were forced by court ruling to notify the IRS of the identity of over 14,000 investors who were trading $20,000 in Bitcoin. Users were affected if their trading volume had exceeded $20,000 at the beginning of 2013 by the end of 2015. So this is NOT a single transaction, but accumulative. The IRS will now “presume” tax evasion. This is what I warned would happen. Been there done that! They can shut down Bitcoin in the blink of an eye by simply defining anyone who is a miner to be a financial institution.

The bill will change the definition of “financial institution” in Section 53412 (a) of Title 31 , United States Code. The text will read:

“An exhibitor, a redeemer or a cashier of prepaid access devices, digital currency or a digital exchanger or a digital currency.”

The regulation will remove the anonymity of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies defeating this idea that there is an alternative-financial-universe separate from government.

He’s incorrect about them using that legislation against miners. Rather they will use it against exchanges and administrators. FinCEN and the IRS have already stated that miners are not money service businesses as long as they mine for themselves and not on behalf of other customers. Besides the Zionists are behind the largest mining farms, they own millions of BTC (the ones Satoshi mined and all those mined since by their mining farms in China which they lease from Bitmain et al).

He’s correct though that they created Bitcoin to be able to track everyone and at the same time move the power over the coming global reserve currency (Bitcoin) surreptitiously under their control via the anonymity of mining.

So this new legislation is yet another salvo towards insuring we’ll have to report all our cryptocurrency to the governments. The USA is moving aggressively to make it impossible for us to use exchanges or cross a border without becoming illegal if we haven’t reported our cryptocurrency.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:34:27 PM

The goal of a day trader is to be correct only more than 50% of the time. The small increments add up over time. Nobody is correct 100% of the time on the short-term. Numerous times MA has written that they shorter the time-frame, the more chaos and thus the less accurate/stable the prediction. No one here has done comprehensive analysis of his performance on his paid trading reports. I’ve been reading his paid updates and they contain what if scenario nuggets which have been very helpful. For example, one current open nugget is that if the DJIA opens 2018 above the 2017 high, then it’s very unlikely we will see a major correction in early 2018 and instead that we’re already into the move towards 35,000.

MA is trying to figure out the relationship of the crypto bubble to gold. I’m very interested/curious to read his theory about any such relationship.

In the following blog post, MA points out that he’s been battling the “NY Club” (why doesn’t he realize/admit these are the Zionists?) since even as far back as 1980s when he was one of the 3 largest market makers in physical gold. If you think you’re going to be able to evade taxes or confiscation of your physical gold, read this:

[…]

Now comes Bitcoin. The Judiciary Committee of the United States Senate is currently working on Bill S.1241 that aims to criminalize deliberate concealment of property or the control of a financial account.

The bill was submitted in June, and the law would change the definition of “financial account” and “financial institution,” and thus also cover digital currencies and digital exchanges. Who is pushing it? None other than California’s Senator Dianne Feinstein, who maintains that the bill is needed to update existing money laundering laws because of terrorists.

This means that the miners of Bitcoin will become a “bank,” as I was declared. The operators of the trading platform Coinbase were forced by court ruling to notify the IRS of the identity of over 14,000 investors who were trading $20,000 in Bitcoin. Users were affected if their trading volume had exceeded $20,000 at the beginning of 2013 by the end of 2015. So this is NOT a single transaction, but accumulative. The IRS will now “presume” tax evasion. This is what I warned would happen. Been there done that! They can shut down Bitcoin in the blink of an eye by simply defining anyone who is a miner to be a financial institution.

The bill will change the definition of “financial institution” in Section 53412 (a) of Title 31 , United States Code. The text will read:

“An exhibitor, a redeemer or a cashier of prepaid access devices, digital currency or a digital exchanger or a digital currency.”

The regulation will remove the anonymity of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies defeating this idea that there is an alternative-financial-universe separate from government.

He’s incorrect about them using that legislation against miners. Rather they will use it against exchanges and administrators. FinCEN and the IRS have already stated that miners are not money service businesses as long as they mine for themselves and not on behalf of other customers. Besides the Zionists are behind the largest mining farms, they own millions of BTC (the ones Satoshi mined and all those mined since by their mining farms in China which they lease from Bitmain et al).

He’s correct though that they created Bitcoin to be able to track everyone and at the same time move the power over the coming global reserve currency (Bitcoin) surreptitiously under their control via the anonymity of mining.

So this new legislation is yet another salvo towards insuring we’ll have to report all our cryptocurrency to the governments. The USA is moving aggressively to make it impossible for us to use exchanges or cross a border without becoming illegal if we haven’t reported our cryptocurrency.
We are all mostly informed enough to give a 1 or 2 pct edge. Where traders fail is money management and expectancy errors. You dont need MA for that. Ask any good trader and they will laugh at those wanting MA for any short term analysis. First know yourself then you can conquer the markets. That statement takes 10 years to figure out for some and a lifetime for others.
heggerZ

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:01:32 PM

Also very interested in what MA has to say with regard the relationship between a potential crypto high and gold low.

I'm still on the fence with gold longer term but if we do dip below $1,050 oz then I will definitely diversify a reasonable portion of crypto holdings into gold stocks and coinage to hedge against the incoming financial crisis.

Would not be surprised if MA actually reads this thread!
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:52:56 AM

CornCube

That Bill S.1241 being proposed is a real stinker.  Illegal to hide your assets?

Maybe that Knowledge Age thesis is right.  Very smart people will WIN, the rest will LOSE.  I wonder how many will be in that lucky group of very smart guys who will work hard?

Has Armstrong ever looked at the Knowledge Age idea?  Doesn't seem like his cup of tea, but his views would be useful.

Cryptocurrency BTC (which DOES have its problems) is slowly leaving Bearing Guy's "Stack".  Just sold off a schnitzel of BTC for gold @ $12,180.

"Bankster Odeur" may be that faint smell in the air.....
CornCube

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:52:50 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 08:59:25 PM by CornCube

That Bill S.1241 being proposed is a real stinker.  Illegal to hide your assets?

Welcome to Hotel CaliforniaUS[Sof]A, “you can checkin but you can never checkout”.

“They stab it with their steely knives but they still can’t kill the Beast … Last thing I remember is I was running for the door. I had to find my passage back to the place I was before …”

(that song reminds me of my eerie dreams when I was 5 years old of being swallowed by a darkness and the dream that my father had been captured in the vase of the Indian snake charmer playing the flute for the cobra coming out of the vase, but the song I heard from the flute was more like Black Magic Woman)

However I do not think those laws have been proposed w.r.t. to reporting gold coins:

I had not ever really checked on the buying and selling of gold anonymously. Perhaps this is why you guys in the USA like to buy gold eagles?

http://blog.goldeneaglecoin.com/bullion-sales-private/

http://blog.goldeneaglecoin.com/silver-buy-reporting/

A high in BTC of $15,000 or higher (maybe even $25 – 40k) and a low in gold of $1050 or lower (probably not lower than $850 in any case) might be a good trade indeed.

I’m trying to find that weird nana na na na song that I used to hear in my dreams as a 5 year old, but any way aerobics in India, lol
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:21:46 AM

Anyone who claims there's a free market for metals is a complete fraud/shill.  There's $2-4 billion naked short smashes literally every other day now.  That's how you can tell things are in the end game, they don't even attempt to hide their actions anymore, operating completely banana republic style.  I'm also 99% sure Fort Knox is empty.  The trajectory for gold holdings of the US was on a clear extreme downtrend when it was in the 4000-8000 ton area decades ago.  The absolute best case scenario they could still have is something like 2000 tons, but in reality, the number is going to be much closer to 0 than 2000.  It's possible they rigged the metals market and JP Morgan acted as an agent of the US govt to purchase a horde of silver instead so they have something to fall back on for plan B,C,D,E,F when their original plan to force everyone onto a digital only slave currency fails as current debt based fiats implode.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:10:35 AM

I'm also 99% sure Fort Knox is empty.  The trajectory for gold holdings of the US was on a clear extreme downtrend when it was in the 4000-8000 ton area decades ago. 

Yeah. The books say ~8133 tonnes in Ft Knox. But I share your skepticism.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:25:29 AM

Anyone who claims there's a free market for metals is a complete fraud/shill.  There's $2-4 billion naked short smashes literally every other day now.  That's how you can tell things are in the end game, they don't even attempt to hide their actions anymore, operating completely banana republic style.  I'm also 99% sure Fort Knox is empty.  The trajectory for gold holdings of the US was on a clear extreme downtrend when it was in the 4000-8000 ton area decades ago.  The absolute best case scenario they could still have is something like 2000 tons, but in reality, the number is going to be much closer to 0 than 2000.  It's possible they rigged the metals market and JP Morgan acted as an agent of the US govt to purchase a horde of silver instead so they have something to fall back on for plan B,C,D,E,F when their original plan to force everyone onto a digital only slave currency fails as current debt based fiats implode.
You said the same thing when bitcoin was 400 and u were claiming theres an invisible hand keeping bitcoin and thus your position down. Then you sold for $600 and got into metals and since have been losing every day almost. I told you once bitcoin passes gold price again it will be for good remember? Anyways gata may be right about some things but there is a reason gold is not moving up.. because its not as valuable as it is. Priced in it will fall below production.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:14:23 AM

I'm also 99% sure Fort Knox is empty.  The trajectory for gold holdings of the US was on a clear extreme downtrend when it was in the 4000-8000 ton area decades ago.

Yeah. The books say ~8133 tonnes in Ft Knox. But I share your skepticism.

With great respect to you two guys, my *guess* is that Ft Knox, West Point, the Denver Mint and the FRBNY (latter as a custodian, not OWNER, and they hold an est. 400 tonnes of US "National Gold" as well as some 7000 tonnes of foreign-owned gold, maybe less now that the Germans took some back) of the US gold probably is 8133 tonnes (total).

Most trusted reference: relatively anonymous smart gold analyst FOFOA

Stealing thousands of tonnes of gold would be VERY hard to do and keep secret.

I really don't know how bad the manipulation of gold really is, my *guess* is there is some, but perhaps not as much as many believe...

NO ONE at the central banks and .govs gives a shit about silver, my opinion only, but based on my extensive studies.

CornCube

Re gold coins, the rules are a bit different for AMERICAN gold coins, somewhat less-reportable (should you cash them in).  I am pretty sure about this.

If any of you think you may need to resell gold in small-ish amounts within the USA (say < $5000 worth at a pop), buy the American as the reporting laws are more lax.

Do your own diligence though.  BTC is now under MUCH greater scrutiny by the IRS now (I have seen some of the actual TEXT they send to tax preparers).  Gold has long been heavily (yes, heavily) scrutinized by .gov -- check out the money-laundering manuals at many coin shops...

Selling BTC at a profit, even if "exchanging" it for gold means that the IRS will be able to easily acquire that info  The bullion companies invoice in US$!!  That means it is not a "like-for-like exchange".  I spent some 9 hours over the past three days just to get me ready for filing my 2017 Capital Gains declarations (I have made many many BTC buys, often in small amounts).  Yep, it's a REAL BURDEN.

But: DON'T FUCK WITH THE BIG RHINO (IRS/.gov) !!!
CornCube

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:55:33 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 10:33:45 AM by CornCube

Anyone who claims there's a free market for metals is a complete fraud/shill.  There's $2-4 billion naked short smashes literally every other day now.  That's how you can tell things are in the end game, they don't even attempt to hide their actions anymore, operating completely banana republic style.  I'm also 99% sure Fort Knox is empty.  The trajectory for gold holdings of the US was on a clear extreme downtrend when it was in the 4000-8000 ton area decades ago.  The absolute best case scenario they could still have is something like 2000 tons, but in reality, the number is going to be much closer to 0 than 2000.  It's possible they rigged the metals market and JP Morgan acted as an agent of the US govt to purchase a horde of silver instead so they have something to fall back on for plan B,C,D,E,F when their original plan to force everyone onto a digital only slave currency fails as current debt based fiats implode.

Roach gold will go to $5000 but not because of any of that tinfoil hat nonsense.

Nevertheless Bitcoin already went to $15k already.

Marrying an investment or dogma is not how to be a rational investor. You decided crypto is not sound long-term and you allowed that to impact your short-term analysis of human nature and bubbles.

Don’t invest only on fundamentals. Learn to trade based on capital flows.

So after we sell our 10 - 100X gains since you sold BTC at $600, then we will be coming in and buying gold cheaper than you bought it. Being too early to the party is as bad as being too late.

P.S. buy BCH. Take profits on BTC and IOTA on the way up into altcoins which have not yet mooned. I think BTC is heading for a short-term peak now due to the CME futures markets launching on Dec. 1018. Sell the news, and alts that haven’t already mooned should do so next. End of the bubble probably comes later when the whales are massively short on the futures markets and then SEC attacks ICOs or something like that. Perhaps BTC will moon to $15 - $20K now in December, then cool off for a while and make another run for $25 - 40k in first half of 2018.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:43:58 PM

Why this forum should be renamed to scamtalk.org:

and right now is best used as a digital store of value

No, bitcoin is not "a store of value", no more than dogecoin or airline miles are a "store of value".  At the end of the day, the only type of endgame anyone wants from a monetary instrument is to receive a physical good or service for it.  This is why commodity currencies are the only real form of money, because they are not IOUs, and thus have no counterparty risk.  Just like fiat paper, bitcoin is nothing more than a debt instrument or IOU because it cannot actually be used for anything.  You are hoping to trick someone into giving you something of use for your something of no use.  One could even argue bitcoin is worse than fiat since even if the value of paper money goes to zero, you can at least set it on fire to keep yourself warm.

The bitcoin forum is plagued with people who have no understanding of money, and scammers who just flat out lie about what the difference in money and currency is.  Bitcoin is not money.  Although not debt issued like USD, it's just another debt instrument currency.

And a recap of today's events:

Kind of hilarious the scammers are trying to pump bitcoin when this news just came out which should be making it crash instead:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/game-over-steam-no-longer-accepts-bitcoin-due-to-high-fees-and-volatility/

What more of a sign do you need that bitcoin fails as a "peer to peer payment system" and only functions as a centralized settlement network like the banker scam networks such as SWIFT that already exist?  And no, Lightning does not solve this issue.  It's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency.  Bitcoin is already centralized and Lightning makes it even more so.

Why bitcoin probably really exists:

Bitcoin was released right at a time where the bankers knew debt based fiat was going into cascading deflationary collapse since in this fraudulent system debts are considered assets instead of liabilities.  This is why the evil Jew sheklers running the system starting spamming the phrase "helicopter money" and "basic income" as an actual serious proposed solution.  The system either collapses in deflation, or they print and....it collapses anyway, just a few days later from hyperinflation.

If used as a dollar substitute, bitcoin for all intents and purposes IS helicopter money (bitcoin currently is a dollar derivative and not substitute).  So they probably released this bullshit as part of that plan.  It's just that the market was completely cornered due to ASIC manufacturers right after it was released, making distribution terrible, rendering the entire exercise pointless and not "helicopter money" anymore since the so called money only goes to a couple people.  It appears they continued with their pointless plan anyway and tried to raise the bitcoin price.  After this move completely fails to raise money velocity or do anything for the economy, there will be some type of implosion and they will do real helicopter money or basic income into people's bank accounts.
Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:09:48 PM

What is a Human body without a Soul -   likely something artificial / impostor / fake

With USD$ as fiat as it may be....is represents United States of America and its Economy / its Government
Sames with all other paper Currencies...they represent something.

Metals even have some industrial value

What exactly does BITCOIN REPRESENT or WHO or WHAT?

I'm asking - because I still can't understand what or who BITCOIN represents.   I only speculate that during this BITCOIN RUSH..and someone  or some state is accumulating metals or other objects of real value to later use and back up BITCOIN....

Sorry for my crazy inquiry.
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: