Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:51:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450415 times)
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:38:30 AM

lost2912

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:03:34 AM

you can control yourself and your brain you dont need any gun
If the gun on and you cant control yourself , this is mean  early're in trouble.
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:07:12 AM

I support gun control to limit the number of killing crimes as long as there is a good government. But when the government is corrupted and no one take his rights or a country has some unstable system, guns are required for everyone to protect himself and his family from evil people
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:37:15 AM

you can control yourself and your brain you dont need any gun
If the gun on and you cant control yourself , this is mean  early're in trouble.
and exactly what is your brain going to do when some lunatic breaks into your home and points twenty knives at your throat? are you going to think those knives away? do you have superpowers? firearms, like them or not, are a deterrent and protection against crime, as far as civilian use goes. they can and should be used to protect the home and nearby people in the case of a violent event. keep your sheltered 'ill be fine' mindset out of here.

I support gun control to limit the number of killing crimes as long as there is a good government. But when the government is corrupted and no one take his rights or a country has some unstable system, guns are required for everyone to protect himself and his family from evil people
the government's popularity or how 'good' it may be has little to do with stopping crime imo. there is a correlation in reducing the number of criminal acts committed however.
save for a dystopian society where everything is micromanaged by the government overlords, there will always be crime regardless of the state society is in.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:14:41 AM

Criminals are criminals , killers are killers and the courts and laws do nothing to keep them from robbing and murdering people. government blames the gun and a group of people blame the gun but no one wants to change the laws to treat criminals as criminals or murders as murders.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:46:00 AM

In America, the only reason that the government has as much power as it does, is that the people who set up the Constitution hid the power of the people.

Why did they hide the power of the people? Because at that time, the U.S. government was very small, completely untested, and the founders recognized that both they and the people needed to have a strong government if they were going to be able to hold the powers of the various super-nations of the world at bay.

The U.S. founding fathers never dreamed that the people would be as ignorant as they are proving themselves to be. They thought that the people would find the hidden power that every man and woman has... power hidden in the words of the Constitution and other founding documents, but in reality, power outside of these documents, even though the documents reference this power.

Read the Declaration of Independence, the Preamble to the Constitution, the Constitution itself, and the Amendments, and see if you can figure out what that power of the individual over the American government is.

With this power, a few Americans have completely stopped paying income and other taxes, legally. Others have beaten all kinds of law enforcement people in court. Still others have taken complete control of their land so that government is not able to take it from them.

Government is out of control. Isn't it about time that we learn what our power is, and how to exercise it? That's what gun control is all about... controlling our government rather than letting it control us.

Note: There are a few other countries of the world whose people have this kind of control built into their government... where individual people can and are stopping their governments, legally, in all kinds of ways. Among these countries are Canada, Great Britain and other countries of the British Isles, Australia, and India. America has the most straight forward method of any.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 01:39:30 PM

The U.S. founding fathers never dreamed that the people would be as ignorant as they are proving themselves to be.

Those that revolted were less than 10% of the population. Most people wanted to just cooperate with king George and play nice.

They understood the ignorance of the people all too well.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:10:13 PM

ANALYSIS: In One Year, Gun Owners Stopped Hundreds Of Criminals, Saved Countless Lives [INFOGRAPHIC]

Gun carrying, private citizens who used firearms to stop criminal attacks saved at least 283 potential victims in a period between July 2014 and July 2015, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis.

TheDCNF concluded its analysis as President Barack Obama announced Tuesday another push by his administration to tighten federal gun control laws in an attempt to curb gun violence.

While Obama quotes the more than 30,000 gun deaths in a year — omitting that 60 percent are suicides, 6 percent are gang related, 3 percent are accidents, and the vast majority of the rest occur in urban areas — TheDCNF found that a noteworthy number of kids, the elderly, and women successfully defended themselves against criminals by use of gun fire.

TheDCNF analyzed 195 random incidents where gun owners used firearms to save their lives, and often the lives of others. We wanted to know, not just how many perpetrators were killed, but how many potential victims were saved.

In the interactive graphic below, clicking demographics boxes will narrow your results to see specific data points. For example, see handgun incidents in Texas by clicking “TX” in the State category and “handgun” in the Gun category. Click on individual pins on the map for more details.

Of the nearly 200 cases we analyzed, people carrying guns saved at least 283 potential victims, whether it was a man protecting his family from thugs or a 9mm-toting grandma warding off a burglar in her living room.

In 60 of those cases, the single gun carrier was the only potential victim. In 43 cases, there were 2 potential victims. In nine cases there were three victims and in nine more cases there were four or more victims.

In 74 cases, it was unknown how many potential victims were present but it can be assumed there was at least one.  If the 74 potential victims followed the same distribution as the other cases, then the number of potential victims would actually be at least 335.

In one case, four Florida men put on masks and grabbed weapons in a planned burglary attempt of a Melbourne home in June of 2015. When one of the men came inside, he held a woman and her child at gunpoint. As the woman protected her child with her own body, the homeowner pulled out his handgun and opened fire on the robbers. The criminals fled, one injured, and the three victims were left unharmed.

The data shows that little less than a third of the people defending themselves with guns were women. Of the 173 cases where gender is known, 133 were male and 40 were female.

The most common age of a defender was middle aged, in their 40’s or 50’s. It’s also worth noting that of the 72 cases where the age of the defender is known, 15 defenders were elderly people over 60 years old and 10 were minors under 18 years old. They were most often defending themselves against adult males under 30 years old.

Phyllis Law, a 63-year-old Alabama grandmother, was a victim of multiple robberies to her home and had even boarded up her windows to keep thieves out. But in July of 2014, a male robber broke into her home, and Law hid with her 9mm pistol while her granddaughter hid in the closet.

Law told Fox 10 News that when the man came into her home, “I jumped up and just started shooting and he hollered and turned around and ran A lot of them come in people’s house, kill them, take what they want and leave. Like I said, not here.”

Young people used guns for self defense as well. In September of 2014, an 11-year-old Oklahoma girl awoke around 4 a.m. to find that a man had broken into her home and stabbed her mother. The girl grabbed a handgun and shot the man twice, saving her mother’s life. The mother said she had just taught the daughter how to use the gun for self defense the week before.

Gun carriers were able to defend themselves usually without killing the suspect. Of 217 suspects in our analysis, 148 survived their encounter with a gun carrier, whether they survived a gunshot wound or simply fled. The remaining 69 were killed, so more than half the suspects involved survived.

Most often, when people used guns to defend themselves, it was in the home. Of the 194 cases where location is known, gun owners used firearms to defend the home 114 times. They pulled the trigger in a place of business or in public about 40 times each.

In many cases, it’s unclear how many potential victims would be saved. For example, if a man robbed a convenience store at gunpoint but was stopped by a man with a gun, it may not be documented how many people were in the store who could have been harmed.

Handguns were by far the most popular firearm of choice for self defense, with more than half of defenders using them. The DCNF obtained the stories from gunssavelives.net and independently verified the data.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/05/gun-control-owners-criminals/

B for BTC

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 09:31:16 PM

I like living in peace and calm. So yeah, i support gun control
xht

Activity: 462

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 10:20:50 PM

Some other statistics that weren't in this study: Criminals are more likely to steal guns from people who own guns than they are from people who don't own guns And people who own guns are more afraid of criminals stealing their guns than people who don't own guns And people who own guns are more likely to carry guns and shoot stuff. And criminals attacking and stealing and shooting and raping and doing bad stuff makes gun owners very very angry and right and protective and heroic.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:18:14 AM

Some other statistics that weren't in this study: Criminals are more likely to steal guns from people who own guns than they are from people who don't own guns And people who own guns are more afraid of criminals stealing their guns than people who don't own guns And people who own guns are more likely to carry guns and shoot stuff. And criminals attacking and stealing and shooting and raping and doing bad stuff makes gun owners very very angry and right and protective and heroic.

That's why all the people that own guns should never use or carry them. Rather, they should carry and use guns belonging to others, under contract. This way the rightful owner can demand his property returned when the thieves steal his guns, even if the thieves are governmental agencies or agents.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 02:24:58 AM

Gun control only creates peace and calm for the lives of violent criminals.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:52:32 PM

Obama on "Conspiracy" To Take Away Guns: "The United States Was Born Suspicious Of Some Distant Authority"

MARK KELLY: Often what you hear in the debate of expanding background checks to more gun sales, and, as you know, Gabby and I are 100% behind the concept of somebody getting a background check before buying a gun.

But, when we testified in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, we heard not only from the gun lobby, but from United States Senators that expanding background checks will, not may, will lead to a registry, which will lead to confiscation, which will lead to a tyrannical government.

So, I would like you to explain with 350 million guns in 65 million places, households, from Key West, to Alaska, 350 million objects in 65 million places, if the Federal government wanted to confiscate those objects, how would they do that? (APPLAUSE)

OBAMA: Well, look, first of all, everytime I see Gabby I'm just so thrilled because I visited her in the hospital, and, as I mentioned, I think, in the speech in the White House, as we left the hospital then to go to a memorial service, we got word that Gabby had opened her eyes for the first time.

And, we did not think she was going to be here, and she is, and Mark's just been extraordinary.

And, by the way, Mark's twin brothers up in space right now, and is breaking the record for the longest continuous orbiting of the planet, which is pretty impressive stuff.

What I think Mark is alluding to is what I said earlier, this notion of a conspiracy out there, and it gets wrapped up in concerns about the Federal government.

Now, there's a long history of that, that's in our DNA, you know? The United States was born suspicious of some distant authority...

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: ... now, let me just jump in here, is it fair to call it a conspiracy...

PRESIDENT OBAMA: ... well, yeah...

COOPER: ... because a lot of people really believe this deeply, that they just don't...

OBAMA: ... no...

COOPER: ... they just don't trust you.

OBAMA: I'm sorry, Cooper, yes. It is fair to call the conspiracy, what are you saying? Are you suggesting that the notion that we are creating a plot to take everybody's guns away so that we can impose martial law...

COOPER: ... not everybody, but there's certainly a lot of...

OBAMA: ... but a conspiracy? Yes, that is a conspiracy! I would hope that would agree with that.

(APPLAUSE)

OBAMA: Is that controversial? Except on some website...

COOPER: There are -- there are certainly a lot of people who just have a fundamental distrust that you do not want to get -- go further and further and further down this road.

OBAMA: Well, look, I mean, I'm only going to be here for another year. I don't know -- when -- when would I have started on this enterprise, right? I come from the state of Illinois, which we've been talking about

Chicago, but downstate Illinois is closer to Kentucky than it is to Chicago. And everybody hunts down there. And a lot of folks own guns. And so this is not, like, alien territory to me. I've got a lot of friends, like Mark, who are hunters. I just came back from Alaska where I ate a moose that had just been shot, and it was pretty good.

So, yes, it is -- it is a false notion that I believe is circulated for either political reasons or commercial reasons in order to prevent a coming-together among people of goodwill to develop commonsense rules that will make us safer while preserving the Second Amendment.

And the notion that we can't agree on some things while not agreeing on others, and the reason for that is because, "Well, the president secretly wants to do X," would mean that we'd be paralyzed about doing everything. I mean, maybe when I propose to make sure that, you know, unsafe drugs are taken off the market that secretly I'm trying to control the entire drug industry or take people's drugs away, but probably not. What's more likely is I just want to make sure that people are not dying by taking bad drugs.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/01/07/obama_on_conspiracy_to_take_away_guns_the_united_states_was_born_suspicious_of_some_distant_authority.html

----------------------------------------------
There is one constant element with 0bama since day one as a US president: he is a liar.

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 03:12:50 PM

What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

i have a philosophy, ask yourself, for a natural evolution, guns are really needed?, people should stop thinking about what governments want and start to think about how to make this world a better place to live.

From my point of view, guns should be just for getting some fun, nothing more.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:31:40 PM

What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

i have a philosophy, ask yourself, for a natural evolution, guns are really needed?, people should stop thinking about what governments want and start to think about how to make this world a better place to live.

From my point of view, guns should be just for getting some fun, nothing more.

From a natural evolution viewpoint, the likelihood of one of your ancestor using a weapon to save his life or the life of your great great grandma, contributed greatly for you to have a philosophy right now.

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:47:14 PM

Gun control only creates peace and calm for the lives of violent criminals.
Agree on this. Criminals always have access to guns. The police can't be at all places at once. Guns can save your life  Smiley

catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:04:57 PM

The guns are necessary to all of us, to defend ourselves and kill the Zionists.
AlphaCatalyst

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

The origin of "brave" evolved from "savage".

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:35:12 PM

My definition of "gun control" is the ability to hit a target downrange. Smiley
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 04:52:37 PM

From a natural evolution viewpoint, the likelihood of one of your ancestor using a weapon to save his life or the life of your great great grandma, contributed greatly for you to have a philosophy right now.

Agree with you, that's why we need to learn about when to use it, as i said, an evolution..., hunt or have some fun, nothing more...in the end is not about gun control, is about education.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:28:04 PM

Agree with you, that's why we need to learn about when to use it, as i said, an evolution..., hunt or have some fun, nothing more...in the end is not about gun control, is about education.

Education. I agree. That is why the NRA is such a vital organization.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: