Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:01:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631774 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:02:44 PM

The time is coming...

We are only 3-6 months away from the next massive spike... and it will exceed all of your wildest dreams.

baaa, it's almost touching the 200's now....depressing...where's the spike you promised?

Never trust the weathy elite Wink

I hate the fact this post is originally directed at "gentlemen...".. I'm a girl, when is everyone going to accept there are girls on here?!!?!?!?
ladies and gentlemen would be a more appropiate greeting.

There's girls on here?  Shit, I better change my way of expressing myself!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:07:00 PM

The time is coming...

We are only 3-6 months away from the next massive spike... and it will exceed all of your wildest dreams.

baaa, it's almost touching the 200's now....depressing...where's the spike you promised?

I hate the fact this post is originally directed at "gentlemen...".. I'm a girl, when is everyone going to accept there are girls on here?!!?!?!?
ladies and gentlemen would be a more appropiate greeting.

There are no girls on the internet. There are only men, men dressed as women and prostitutes.

Here is your average internet girl:

That is hillarious!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy And, even if there happens to be a girl or two on the internets, these one or two girls should also find this post to be funny... but how am I to get into the mind(s) of the fairer ones?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:12:17 PM

The time is coming...

Who the fuck knows for sure when there is going to be a "spike," and readers of these kinds posts should take the contents of such predictions with a grain of salt that a large majority of us are speculating regarding the specifics of the price direction, to the extent that we are able to formulate any theory, the theory is merely a reflection of what we believe to be probable or likely based on the information that we have, and NOBODY, not even whale manipulators know all of the factors.

Further, in order to be at least a little more fair to Chopstick, s/he /it made the prediction about a week ago.... HELLO!  and contained in the prediction is a time line prediction of 3-6 months, we are NOT even close to the range of s/he/its prediction.  So, I would NOT be accusing Chopstick as being misleading or incorrect in any regards.  Possibly, if 8 months pass and the "spike" has NOT yet occurred, you may be able to suggest that s/he / it was incorrect in the prediction, but that may merely be a timing question rather than a substantive criticism.   Roll Eyes   Tongue

BananaMigration

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:43:30 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 12:06:01 AM by BananaMigration

Just wanted to post a sort of journal entry to myself here while this thread is still in the double digits of pages. Its truly an epic thread  Smiley

(Sorry if this sounds gay or whatever to you other readers, just move on if so. This is just a selfish "to me" post. You'll probably flame away though, and thats fine too. I understand the opportunity to)

-----

Alright Me, you're feeling a a bunch of pain right now dude. In pretty heavy, for you at least, at $560. Maybe you got caught up in the hype a bit, maybe the market is just over correcting now. Who knows. So many noises flowing through the news and forums right now. You thought you kept it as cool as possible while buying, though you knew this would be volatile going in. At least you only bought during dips, though there have been more and dips than you thought there would be. Maybe you should've considered early folks spending more of their winnings, driving the price down further.

Whatever. You've committed to riding this thing out. You've taking up learning to program because you wanted to be a part of this; You're still not good yet, but you'll get there. That whitepaper, that moment you understood bitcoin - its potential. Remember it set you back in your seat for days. The most disruptive technology you could imagine, other than warp drive, because warp drive would allow you to send value interstellar distances without delay, or so you tell yourself.

You sent one dollar in BTC to your brother today. He's across the country. It took three seconds. Sure, the time for the network to confirm is ten minutes, but even that is still fast, and three seconds is enough for you to transact with your bro or family members anyway. You didn't need a bank account and he didn't need one, yet you sent value. Almost instantly. For basically free (you used MultiBit, so there was a petty fee attached). Thats just not possible right now any other way. FFS, it takes four days for the rent from your roommates to reach you, and one will only write checks because wiring money costs $10 each time.

So, heres the deal, when you look back at this in a month, year, whatever, maybe it all went to shit, maybe you lost all you put in, maybe you're rich, maybe you're right back where you started. But you acted. You acted and took the chance on something you felt was revolutionary. All data pointed to eventual success, and you took the jump, believing that if the protocol remains healthy and uninterrupted, the product would eventually flourish incredibly. Maybe you missed something, but as far as you can tell now, its too amazing of a technology - universal decentralized accounting of scarce, unique digital assets.

If nothing else, you learned a bunch about economics, technology, (elliptic curves, holy shit!), are taking up coding, figuring out ways to start up a business around Bitcoin, and generally bettered yourself. It was a ride no matter the outcome, and you made the decision to get involved.

Cheers, Me Smiley
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:43:17 PM

The time is coming...

Did you read my post? I said 3-6 months before it happens minimum.

Jeebus christ, Bitcoin is practically guaranteed to go to the moon next year and you guys are whining about cheap coins.

Either take advantage of the current situation or don't.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:06:23 AM

The time is coming...

Jeebus christ, Bitcoin is practically guaranteed to go to the moon next year and you guys are whining about cheap coins.

people said that we are guaranteed to have a nice gain year by year, no matter what the buy price. Already proved wrong.

Now you saying that we are guaranteed to get a big bubble in 2015...
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:23:50 AM

The time is coming...

people said that we are guaranteed to have a nice gain year by year, no matter what the buy price. Already proved wrong.

Oh cut 'im a break. This thread has always been about unbridled enthusiasm Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:27:56 AM

The time is coming...

People say all kinds of shit.  You need to learn to think for yourself and to take information that you get on the interwebs with a grain of salt...   Also take responsibility for your own decisions rather than suggesting that someone else tricked you into some kind of action that you would NOT have otherwise taken.   Roll Eyes

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:15:44 AM

The time is coming...

I think people often confuse bitcoin for crypto in general. The writing is on the wall for crypto. It solves myriad real world problems that nothing else that has ever been invented can, or anything that will be invented for quite some time likely will. To confuse crypto currency in general for bitcoin specifically however might end up getting a lot of people burned.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:21:20 AM

The time is coming...

I think people often confuse bitcoin for crypto in general. The writing is on the wall for crypto. It solves myriad real world problems that nothing else that has ever been invented can, or anything that will be invented for quite some time likely will. To confuse crypto currency in general for bitcoin specifically however might end up getting a lot of people burned.

You are NOT being very specific in your critique, and what are the possible solutions to this?  Educate people about different crypto currencies?  They have NO incentive to be educated until they become more invested in the ideas and/or practices of crypto, no?    Are you proposing any forward direction?

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:31:37 AM

The time is coming...

You are NOT being very specific in your critique, and what are the possible solutions to this?  Educate people about different crypto currencies?  They have NO incentive to be educated until they become more invested in the ideas and/or practices of crypto, no?    Are you proposing any forward direction?

I'm only suggesting that if sufficiently superior technology comes along than it will unseat bitcoin. The markets arn't going to wait until this actually happens to price in this risk. They are already pricing it in. Infact i think its very unlikely that such a sufficiently superior technology will not emerge at some point in the future. Bitcoin security cost is high, non adaptive and wasteful. Anonymity is expensive and perhaps even at large cost involves counter-party risk and/or is potentially insufficient for certain tasks. And perhaps there is the opportunity to develop blockchains like systems that scale better. Those are just some examples. What do you do about it? Keep your ear to the ground.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:59:50 AM

The time is coming...

I'm only suggesting that if sufficiently superior technology comes along than it will unseat bitcoin. The markets arn't going to wait until this actually happens to price in this risk. They are already pricing it in. Infact i think its very unlikely that such a sufficiently superior technology will not emerge at some point in the future. Bitcoin security cost is high, non adaptive and wasteful. Anonymity is expensive and perhaps even at large cost involves counter-party risk and/or is potentially insufficient for certain tasks. And perhaps there is the opportunity to develop blockchains like systems that scale better. Those are just some examples. What do you do about it? Keep your ear to the ground.

I largely agree with what you are saying here; however, I will take a bit of an exception to what seems to be your assertion that bitcoin could be so jeopardized by some kind of better technology. 

In this regard, there remains a considerable advantage to first mover advantage and accordingly there would be various impediments to evolving redundant systems.  I cannot recall the exact computing power of the bitcoin network, but it is like a very large multitude the computing power of the top 500 computers in the world.  Surely, it would NOT be easy to transfer over to newer, better crypto systems because it would take a while to develop such systems, including network power.   Further, regarding some technological improvements, it would be possible for the bitcoin network to absorb some of these improvements with side chains or changes to the protocol or forks or some other adaptations... maybe NOT possible in all instances, but NOT out of the question.

I agree with your proposed solution to keep our ears to the ground because it is very likely that we would recognize some changes or needs to convert our investment into new systems b/c evolution of new systems is NOT likely to take place in a flash (and/or without some warnings). 

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:35:08 AM

The time is coming...

I largely agree with what you are saying here; however, I will take a bit of an exception to what seems to be your assertion that bitcoin could be so jeopardized by some kind of better technology. 

In this regard, there remains a considerable advantage to first mover advantage and accordingly there would be various impediments to evolving redundant systems.  I cannot recall the exact computing power of the bitcoin network, but it is like a very large multitude the computing power of the top 500 computers in the world.  Surely, it would NOT be easy to transfer over to newer, better crypto systems because it would take a while to develop such systems, including network power.   Further, regarding some technological improvements, it would be possible for the bitcoin network to absorb some of these improvements with side chains or changes to the protocol or forks or some other adaptations... maybe NOT possible in all instances, but NOT out of the question.

I agree with your proposed solution to keep our ears to the ground because it is very likely that we would recognize some changes or needs to convert our investment into new systems b/c evolution of new systems is NOT likely to take place in a flash (and/or without some warnings). 

Notice my very specific use of the word sufficiently. I too give a lot of weight to the value of bitcoins network and infrastructure. That's why i still own a lot of it Smiley

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:59:56 AM

The time is coming...

You are NOT being very specific in your critique, and what are the possible solutions to this?  Educate people about different crypto currencies?  They have NO incentive to be educated until they become more invested in the ideas and/or practices of crypto, no?    Are you proposing any forward direction?

In this regard, there remains a considerable advantage to first mover advantage and accordingly there would be various impediments to evolving redundant systems.  I cannot recall the exact computing power of the bitcoin network, but it is like a very large multitude the computing power of the top 500 computers in the world.  Surely, it would NOT be easy to transfer over to newer, better crypto systems because it would take a while to develop such systems, including network power.   Further, regarding some technological improvements, it would be possible for the bitcoin network to absorb some of these improvements with side chains or changes to the protocol or forks or some other adaptations... maybe NOT possible in all instances, but NOT out of the question.

Notice my very specific use of the word sufficiently. I too give a lot of weight to the value of bitcoins network and infrastructure. That's why i still own a lot of it Smiley

Noted... accordingly, our thinking is probably NOT too far apart, then.   Wink Wink

cuddaloreappu

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:58:50 AM

Pages of wealthy elite discussion
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:17:12 AM

Pages of wealthy elite discussion

I'm NOT feeling too wealthy or elite at the current BTC prices.. currently, hovering in the $310s....

And, I am also feeling 99, rather than 100.   Cheesy Cheesy

testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:12:41 PM

Well, I'm mostly staring at heavy losses at this point and unfortunately it looks like I'd still be taxed on mining gains that don't actually exist since the price collapsed.  Kinda depressing at this point so definitely not feeling like any wealthy elite but fuck it, I'm gonna hold this till the bitter or not so bitter end. 
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:13:33 PM

I'm NOT feeling too wealthy or elite at the current BTC prices.. currently, hovering in the $310s....

And, I am also feeling 99, rather than 100.   Cheesy Cheesy

Stop worrying about how many units of fiat currency (i.e. dollars) your BTC are "worth".  That just shows how brain-washed you are by the central-banker-ruling-elite you are.

Don't feel offended by my comment, bro.  You have lots of company.  Cool

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:15:18 PM

Stop worrying about how many units of fiat currency (i.e. dollars) your BTC are "worth".  That just shows how brain-washed you are by the central-banker-ruling-elite you are.

Kinda hard not to worry when they collect taxes based on how much they're worth when you mined them.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:17:45 PM

Kinda hard not to worry when they collect taxes based on how much they're worth when you mined them.

I'm confused.  Why are you reporting something that no one has any way of knowing about? 

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: