Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:49:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631774 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:16:49 PM

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

That depends how much bitcoins I will have. If I will have the amount I have actually (very few) I will change them all because of the fear that the price will go down again and then will send the money at the bank to save for other purposes in the future (like to pay the fee's for the college of my daughters).

"fear is the path to the dark side" -- Yoda
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:18:14 PM

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

That depends how much bitcoins I will have. If I will have the amount I have actually (very few) I will change them all because of the fear that the price will go down again and then will send the money at the bank to save for other purposes in the future (like to pay the fee's for the college of my daughters).

The price will go up and down. And up and down again. Would it have been sensible to buy at $10 and sell it all at $165?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 02:07:45 PM

You can make a phone call by going to a website and paying in bitcoins without signing up.

Why you would want to pay without sign up? You will have to provide your address and your name or you wont receive the package that you are buying...

Huh? Package? Address?

Why are you here on a Bitcoin forum again?

not that I care/ignore

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:26:27 PM

because you cant do nothing with bitcoin that you cant already do with fiat currency. this is the real and hard true.

You can make a phone call by going to a website and paying in bitcoins without signing up.

You can send money worldwide for less than pennies.

You can use your cell phone to pay for things instead of carrying around a phone AND a wallet.

You don't have to worry about identity theft with your cards.

You can vote anonymously and securely.

Why you would want to pay without sign up? You will have to provide your address and your name or you wont receive the package that you are buying...

I can now send money worldwide for pennies with my bank.

Pay things with cellphone? I already do that for months!!! Apple pay, android nfc, qr codes...

I dont worry about identity thefts because i know how to surf the web and i have a service that provides me digital credit cards for single purchases online. 1 new card for each purchase with the exact limit for that purchase. So no worries here too.

Vote anonymously? Lol, you already vote anonymously... Votes must be anonymously or they arent votes...

Like i said, you cant do nothing that matters with bitcoin that you cant already do with fiat currency. That's why nobody is talking about it anymore. Only here because people here wants to be rich without hard work... Sorry that wont happen.

No you cant. You can't send 1 dollar to japan or africa or some place, and you cant send 1 million dollars, both for 0,02853 USD if you use the standard fee.
And this is 1% of what Bitcoin can do that we aren't talking about. Bitcoin is superior to all forms of money and will deprecate tons of industries worldwide, and do things we can't even imagine now, just like we couldn't imagine social networks in 1992 internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkO9hxVv4lU

Here's a good start. Go study, you are clueless and in denial to not take the risk to invest and hold.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:40:33 PM

because you cant do nothing with bitcoin that you cant already do with fiat currency. this is the real and hard true.

You can use your cell phone to pay for things instead of carrying around a phone AND a wallet.

Pay things with cellphone? I already do that for months!!! Apple pay, android nfc, qr codes...

I dont worry about identity thefts because i know how to surf the web and i have a service that provides me digital credit cards for single purchases online. 1 new card for each purchase with the exact limit for that purchase. So no worries here too.

Vote anonymously? Lol, you already vote anonymously... Votes must be anonymously or they arent votes...

Like i said, you cant do nothing that matters with bitcoin that you cant already do with fiat currency. That's why nobody is talking about it anymore. Only here because people here wants to be rich without hard work... Sorry that wont happen.

No you cant. You can't send 1 dollar to japan or africa or some place, and you cant send 1 million dollars, both for 0,02853 USD if you use the standard fee.
And this is 1% of what Bitcoin can do that we aren't talking about. Bitcoin is superior to all forms of money and will deprecate tons of industries worldwide, and do things we can't even imagine now, just like we couldn't imagine social networks in 1992 internet.

Here's a good start. Go study, you are clueless and in denial to not take the risk to invest and hold.

Sshhhhh, don't push too much.
We need them later, to buy our coins. high.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:50:38 PM

Sshhhhh, don't push too much.
We need them later, to buy our coins. high.

Haha! I like the way you think Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:00:50 PM

why you will sell those coins, if by the time bitcoin reach 10k it will be already half mainstream which mean that you can use it without dumping at all?

does not make sense to dump at that point, it's not like bitcoin can achieve 10k without a minimum of global adoption and massive usage, which also lead to many store that accept it
errornone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

error

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:03:23 PM

Thank you for that video, i ll watch it later.

To the others that think im some kind of troll or anti-bitcoin: you are so wrong.

I have bitcoins actually and i love bitcoin.. But i m still learning it. And to learn, i love to play devil's advocate, asking questions, problems and confronting bitcoin with fiat-c.

To bitcoin become huge success (i hope) it has to convince the population in general, bitcoin must be as good as fiat-c in every way and better in some ways.

I want to learn every single possibility around it (future user friendly apps, loans, transactions, mortagages, salaries, companies dealing with bitcoin, etc) to analyse it and trying to see if it will be capable of completely substitute fiat-c in ordinary/general requirements that our society is long-time adapted.

If i dont play devil's advocate here, is very hard to hear answers and opinions to some questions i (and many people) have.

Actually, everytime i have someone proving myself wrong, i love it and i buy a little more bitcoins.

SO, PLEASE, only keep proving i am wrong and we all be happy.

Hope you understood me

error
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:48:41 PM

... snip ...

Thank you for that video, i ll I'll watch it later.

To the others that think im I'm some kind of troll or anti-bitcoin anti-Bitcoin:, you are so wrong.

I have bitcoins actually I actually have Bitcoins actually and i I love bitcoin Bitcoin .. But but, i m I'm still learning about it. And to To learn, i I love to play the devil's Devil's advocate, asking questions, solving problems and confronting bitcoin Bitcoin with fiat-c.

To For bitcoin Bitcoin to become a huge success (i I hope) it has to convince the population in general,. bitcoin Bitcoin must be as good as fiat-c in every way and better in some ways.

I want to learn every single possibility around it (future user friendly apps, loans, transactions, mortagages mortgages, salaries, companies dealing with bitcoin Bitcoin, etc), to analyse analyze it and trying try to see if it will be capable of completely substitute substituting fiat-c in the ordinary/general requirements that our society is long-time has long adapted to.

If i dont I don't play devil's Devil's advocate here, it is very hard to hear answers and opinions to some questions i I (and many other people) have.

Actually, everytime every time i I have someone proving myself wrong, i I love it and i devil's buy a little bit more bitcoins Bitcoin.

SO, PLEASE, only keep proving that i I am wrong and we will all be happy.

I Hope hope you understood understand me.
FTFY

Thanks for your input, comments and opinions form new users are always great to read.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:08:17 PM

... snip ...

Thank you for that video, i ll I'll watch it later.

To the others that think im I'm some kind of troll or anti-bitcoin anti-Bitcoin:, you are so wrong.

I have bitcoins actually I actually have Bitcoins actually and i I love bitcoin Bitcoin .. But but, i m I'm still learning about it. And to To learn, i I love to play the devil's Devil's advocate, asking questions, solving problems and confronting bitcoin Bitcoin with fiat-c.

To For bitcoin Bitcoin to become a huge success (i I hope) it has to convince the population in general,. bitcoin Bitcoin must be as good as fiat-c in every way and better in some ways.

I want to learn every single possibility around it (future user friendly apps, loans, transactions, mortagages mortgages, salaries, companies dealing with bitcoin Bitcoin, etc), to analyse analyze it and trying try to see if it will be capable of completely substitute substituting fiat-c in the ordinary/general requirements that our society is long-time has long adapted to.

If i dont I don't play devil's Devil's advocate here, it is very hard to hear answers and opinions to some questions i I (and many other people) have.

Actually, everytime every time i I have someone proving myself wrong, i I love it and i devil's buy a little bit more bitcoins Bitcoin.

SO, PLEASE, only keep proving that i I am wrong and we will all be happy.

I Hope hope you understood understand me.
FTFY

Thanks for your input, comments and opinions form new users are always great to read.

Why did you bother with the grammar corrections?  His user name is "error none."  Wink

Confession: this reminds me of probably the worst thing I ever did to a guy.  When I was in high school I dated a guy that was the quintessential "jock."  He was not all that intelligent.  I am still not sure why I went out with him, but he did have a nice car so perhaps I was being shallow?  Still not sure, but we dated for several months but then he cheated on me (probably because of my desire for abstinence) and I broke up with him.  We were in church (this probably makes what I did even worse now that I think about it) and he tried to send me a letter during service with an apology.  Instead of responding I took a red pen out of my purse and proceeded to correct his numerous grammar and spelling errors and then just sent the note back without a response.  Needless to say we never did get back together but I had no regrets.  Cheesy

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:27:15 PM

That's true. Still, we are the forefront of a new revolution. it needs its time to break through, but the time will come.

We should be happy that we are familiar with this technology.
I E

Activity: 62

💎 💎 💎 💎 💎

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:40:13 PM

That's true. Still, we are the forefront of a new revolution. it needs its time to break through, but the time will come.

We should be happy that we are familiar with this technology.

A lot of people think that it's already adopted, but compare it to the whole worlds population then even the maximum amount of coins won't be enough to cover, so we are extremely early.

Let me know if you want to earn BTC.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:55:09 PM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

Long term, maybe. Where are the ads on TV advertising smartphone bitcoin wallets? Where are the armies of sales teams spreading it to merchants? Where are the large scale buys of bitcoin by banks, hedge funds, VC, and other institutions, driving the price sky high? The ability to do all this is there, but for some reason the wheels are not turning.

You are insane. Just the fact you can send millions, OR a cent, all over the world, instantly, without failure (backed by the biggest network on the planet) puts this thing into double figure billion marketcap already. Think about the billions of unbanked people out there. People like you fail to get the big picture, and those are the ones that will indeed remain poor, because you'll sell way too early, or sell at all. A true holder never sells.

Without failure? I never had a failure payment with my bank, why in hell that is an advantage? Banks do that too, and you dont need to wait for confirmations.

Billions of unbanked people with internet and cellphones and banks to buy bitcoins... Lol right!

Maybe the poor here isnt me.. You dont know me, i dont know you. The only thing i know is that here are MANY people that want to be rich without hard work.. Sorry mate, that wont happen

You're both lucky and delusional. If you've never had a failure or double spend with your bank, count yourself indeed among the "elite" who have the luck of the gods. That's the lucky part.

The delusion is that it doesn't take "confirmations" and is instant. What is "instant" is a request for a credit or debit to the clearinghouse. This is not confirmed for up to 14 days. That's DAYS, not confirmations. Bitcoin is considered settled after 6 confirmations, and frankly is pretty certainly settled at three. In the time of that credit/debit confirmation via your bank and the other entity, you have an almost unlimited chance that the transaction will be reversed, adding many more days, possibly months or years, to recovering your property. I work for a company that routinely deals with the inner workings of banking. I'm not guessing or speculating here.

Block chain technology will almost certainly replace the confirmation/debit/credit system currrently in place at banks. It's just too soon. This will not remove the perceived need for such things as credit cards and other "instant" but reversible instruments, but it will certainly shorten the window.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:23:31 PM

Thank you for that video, i ll watch it later.

To the others that think im some kind of troll or anti-bitcoin: you are so wrong.

I have bitcoins actually and i love bitcoin.. But i m still learning it. And to learn, i love to play devil's advocate, asking questions, problems and confronting bitcoin with fiat-c.

To bitcoin become huge success (i hope) it has to convince the population in general, bitcoin must be as good as fiat-c in every way and better in some ways.

I want to learn every single possibility around it (future user friendly apps, loans, transactions, mortagages, salaries, companies dealing with bitcoin, etc) to analyse it and trying to see if it will be capable of completely substitute fiat-c in ordinary/general requirements that our society is long-time adapted.

If i dont play devil's advocate here, is very hard to hear answers and opinions to some questions i (and many people) have.

Actually, everytime i have someone proving myself wrong, i love it and i buy a little more bitcoins.

SO, PLEASE, only keep proving i am wrong and we all be happy.

Hope you understood me

(The bolded). For now, it need only to be more useful in some way for some small number of people. To keep its value, we need only that the total of users prefer to hold what they have plus the new coins in reserve for short or long time.

For every new user, the usefulness increases. Example. Let's say you are from Dehli, you work in Tokyo, and you have a mother and a little sister, an emergency occurs, your sister broke her arm, and your mother do not have the money to seek a doctor. You could send fiat the usual way, you could get some bitcoin and send to some bitcoin-to-rupee service that is established in Dehli for a quicker service. Two money conversions. Now, think that there is one doctor in Dehli, only one is needed, who take bitcoin at the bang on rate, then you could send your bitcoins to your mother or directly to the doctor, and now you have only one conversion, and an even quicker service. Then imagine a pharmacy in Dehli taking bitcoin... then imagine the pharmacy asks a supplier of bandages if they can take bitcoin as payment, ...
btcdealer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:48:02 PM

actually i also thought the same that we are the upcoming wealthy gentlemen of the future having the power of bitcoin .....
|VENOM|

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:49:15 PM

Urm... what if I don't have any bitcoin? Does the fact that I'm looking into it mean I'll be joining your wealthy gentlemen's club?
iram91445

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:40:44 PM

Urm... what if I don't have any bitcoin? Does the fact that I'm looking into it mean I'll be joining your wealthy gentlemen's club?
you might be if you will actually manage to earn some bitcoins which would possibly make you rich in the future, you dont need to have too much of it as i believe the price will jump significantly in the future

Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:02:23 PM

Just get on board.

Hopalong

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:39:26 PM

You can make a phone call by going to a website and paying in bitcoins without signing up. Same as skype but you have to pay?

You can send money worldwide for less than pennies.I send money for free

You can use your cell phone to pay for things instead of carrying around a phone AND a wallet.I can pay with my phone and i can reach my bank account

You don't have to worry about identity theft with your cards.Why worry. My money has incurance

You can vote anonymously and securely.Is there another way?
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:54:17 PM

You can make a phone call by going to a website and paying in bitcoins without signing up. Same as skype but you have to pay?

You can send money worldwide for less than pennies.I send money for free

You can use your cell phone to pay for things instead of carrying around a phone AND a wallet.I can pay with my phone and i can reach my bank account

You don't have to worry about identity theft with your cards.Why worry. My money has incurance

You can vote anonymously and securely.Is there another way?

For every ten new people that hear the news about bitcoin, nine of them will be a scared, unintelligent, naysayer like this. But the tenth will buy a small amount, maybe just a dollars worth, start to try it out, get the idea, buy for a few hundred to use on purchases, he will experience the value rising, keep a few hundred dollars worth in his wallet for futuren purchases, get the idea, then go all in.
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: