Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631754 times)
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:38:20 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2016, 01:27:40 PM by KeyJockey

Shoot for 2.1 bitcoins. That way you have 1/10 millionth of all bitcoins that will ever be created.
After that go for 21 so that you hold one millionth of all bitcoins.
If you can get there then go for 210 bitcoins. At that point you no more than 100,000 people will ever be richer than you.
If you work hard enough to accumulate 2100 you will be one of the 10,000 richest people in the world...

Also if you're married, be FAIR to your spouse and try for that level for BOTH of you, so you'll be at "42" together, with BTC21 each, since the answer to the secret of the universe is... 42!

"The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)#The_Hitchhiker.27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy

P.S. {Edit} I'd add to the quote above also:
"Always keep like BTC0.21 or BTC0.021 bitcoin in a spending-cash wallet on you, just 'cuz... you can."  Grin

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:38:59 PM

I believe this is true, it's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen

I may happen. There are other coins on the market which offer far more usability then bitcoin. So if you ask me. Will a crypto con be the future. Yes it will
Will it be Bitcoin? Not sure.

As of now, there is no reliable alternative to Bitcoin. Most of the other crypto-coins (including DASH, ether, Litecoins, Namecoin, Dogecoin.etc) are just shameless copycats of the original. Still, there is a possibility that such an alternative may come up in the near future. Bitcoin has a lot of vulnerabilities. If someone can eliminate them, then he will be able to create the perfect crypto-coin.

Ethereum is no copycat.
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:42:06 PM

Well i dont think everyone here is an "elite" or "wealthy" member to btc but that could just be me, i know a lot of people on this forum that are not rich or poor they're just middlemen trying to figure out how to have fun and make money with BTC.

The best part about it is, if you have any little bit of BTC you are a stockholder!

A lot of the people here are not even close to wealthy or elite because most of them cannot even trade properly so, that fact that you see them as the wealthy gentlemen now a little bit scary to me because it's not right

BTC alone is not what makes us the wealthy men.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10063

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:57:01 PM

Well i dont think everyone here is an "elite" or "wealthy" member to btc but that could just be me, i know a lot of people on this forum that are not rich or poor they're just middlemen trying to figure out how to have fun and make money with BTC.

The best part about it is, if you have any little bit of BTC you are a stockholder!

A lot of the people here are not even close to wealthy or elite because most of them cannot even trade properly so, that fact that you see them as the wealthy gentlemen now a little bit scary to me because it's not right

BTC alone is not what makes us the wealthy men.

But this thread is about the proposition of bitcoin making us "new wealthy elite, gentlemen," no? 

Accordingly, seems to be an aspirational subject that suggests that bitcoin's price is going to rise a lot and accumulating BTC is a goal to assist in that movement towards increased wealth and maybe eliteness. 

I doubt that you have to know about trading in order to accumulate BTC - even though trading could be helpful in order to buy at lower prices or on dips, even if trading is not a prerequisite to accumulation of BTC, just possibly the ability to accumulate more BTC with the same amount of capital investment.

I think that some folks in these forums and this thread too actually recognize to not be good at trading, and merely aim at accumulating, waiting and HODLing through the tough times (such as the price dip of the past several days).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:03:43 PM

I may happen. There are other coins on the market which offer far more usability then bitcoin. So if you ask me. Will a crypto con be the future. Yes it will

What usability, the same that made ETH a doomed coin? Get real. Usability is useless, unless the coin has a solid dev team and Core is the only solid dev team, and they are working on the biggest coin, so Bitcoin has 0 competition.

ETH will go down eventually, we are just seeing whales pumping it to dump it for BTC.

Really? I wouldn't go as far to say that there a NO coins out there that don't have a hard working team of devs that believe and support whatever coin they are working on.  Bitcoin is known to have certain problems which are: fungibility, block size, and tx speeds being the highest on the list; and there are people out there trying to solve those problems...

Now when you automatically get into talking about Eth, that's a whole different story and you are talking about a totally different breed of crypto... I wouldn't even call it a cryptocurrency per se, more like a cryptocontract... so it's not really fair to compare the two like that.  That's not to say that I believe in Eth to "make it big" in the real world type of thing, but just for the sake of argument...

useless4

Activity: 389

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:26:21 PM

As of now, there is no reliable alternative to Bitcoin. Most of the other crypto-coins (including DASH, ether, Litecoins, Namecoin, Dogecoin.etc) are just shameless copycats of the original. Still, there is a possibility that such an alternative may come up in the near future. Bitcoin has a lot of vulnerabilities. If someone can eliminate them, then he will be able to create the perfect crypto-coin.

Ethereum is no copycat.
of course it is not in my opinion because the coins are definitely different from one another

i think that we will be really wealthy too because the price of the bitcoin is definitely going to grow a lot

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:25:27 AM

Anonymous is right, he posted this a long time ago and there is no longer any sign of him on the forum but he was absolutely right.

we are the early adopters of bitcoin and we are the wealthy elite as bitcoin is being spread and becoming more popular the price has only a been rising if you compareit to many years ago when it was only $1

Buying the dip...
Ravi Helios

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:28:47 AM

You think this kid has the taste to be driving an Alpha Romeo?

http://www.gtspirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/alfa-romeo-8c.jpg
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:32:58 AM

He's probably in a mental ward at some hospital in Texas.

hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:17:46 PM

This is the exact reason why i think that pretty much none of the people here are "elite, wealthy gentlemen" lol this is literally the epitome of idiocy and that alone just shows that you are not "elite".
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:24:59 PM

This is the exact reason why i think that pretty much none of the people here are "elite, wealthy gentlemen" lol this is literally the epitome of idiocy and that alone just shows that you are not "elite".

Everyone on this forum knew Atlas back then. He used to hang out on the SomethingAwful forum too. You're right though, there are no wealthy elite here, only sheep waiting to be fleeced.

OP deleted his account it seems, probably because he is so rich now that he doesn't want to post on forums anymore and is enjoying his new found wealth.

Hopefully we can be like OP in a couple of years. HODL.

He was a 16 year old self proclaimed nihilist kid from Texas with mental problems, abused by his parents, that tried to commit suicide and posted about it on this forum.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:18:31 PM

Everyone on this forum knew Atlas back then. He used to hang out on the SomethingAwful forum too. You're right though, there are no wealthy elite here, only sheep waiting to be fleeced.

OP deleted his account it seems, probably because he is so rich now that he doesn't want to post on forums anymore and is enjoying his new found wealth.

He was a 16 year old self proclaimed nihilist kid from Texas with mental problems, abused by his parents, that tried to commit suicide and posted about it on this forum.

Speak for yourself, Bitcoin made a lot of money for a lot of people who I know since back when btc were in single digits, myself included....

On the flip side, I know people who invested in scams and ponzis and even lost their private keys and lost what would be considered fortunes today through sheer carelessness...

Take your pick.... Most of the old faces  I knew are gone or using different accounts now but scores of millionaires were made in 2013 and even more will be made in 2016....

This is gentlemen.... Wink

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:38:25 AM

uhh...

Have you ever watched a congressional debate? Those considered elite currently frequently have less brains than a common housefly. The bar is actually pretty low.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:17:22 AM

uhh...

Have you ever watched a congressional debate? Those considered elite currently frequently have less brains than a common housefly. The bar is actually pretty low.

Haha i think herman is right though not many people can speak proper English and it's kinda hilarious because it shows that not many people are actually ELITE because most here dont understand what is actually going to happen during the BTC halving process

I do like to say though most of the community associated with BTC are much higher class due to knowing the information, even if not wealthy.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:47:42 AM

Higher class?
Why does "class" have to enter a discussion of the new wealthy elite, gentlemen?
Oh wait...  Cheesy

Question:
Will Bitcoin eventually help common people be more free, or simply free the elite from worthless paper money?

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:20:27 PM

Speak for yourself, Bitcoin made a lot of money for a lot of people who I know since back when btc were in single digits, myself included....

On the flip side, I know people who invested in scams and ponzis and even lost their private keys and lost what would be considered fortunes today through sheer carelessness...

Take your pick.... Most of the old faces  I knew are gone or using different accounts now but scores of millionaires were made in 2013 and even more will be made in 2016....

You're one of the ultra rare lucky ones. Talk to the thousands of people with money in Mt Gox, Bitinstant, ButterflyLabs, Gaw Miners, MyBitcoin, Pirates Ponzi, Bitcoinica, Bitscalper, Inputs.IO, Vicurex, Cryptorush, TradeHill, CryptoXChange, GBL, Just Dice, Bitcoin Rain, The Silk Road Seizure, Sheep Marketplace, BS&T, PicoStocks, Bitfloor, Basic Mining, Mintpal and many, many others.

Bitcoin is NOT a Ponzi, but it easily facilitates Ponzi's. Bitcoin is NOT a scam, but it makes scamming easier for the average non-professional scammer. Bitcoin is NOT illegal and NOT anonymous, but it facilitates hidden illegal businesses on the dark web. Automobiles are NOT dangerous and do NOT kill people, but they facilitate the deaths of 40,000 stupid inexperienced drivers every year in just one country alone. You might say, but we need cars. True some people have no other way to travel, but we don't need Bitcoin because everyone has another way to spend their money.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:35:43 PM

Take your pick.... Most of the old faces  I knew are gone or using different accounts now but scores of millionaires were made in 2013 and even more will be made in 2016....

You're one of the ultra rare lucky ones. Talk to the thousands of people with money in Mt Gox, Bitinstant, ButterflyLabs, Gaw Miners, MyBitcoin, Pirates Ponzi, Bitcoinica, Bitscalper, Inputs.IO, Vicurex, Cryptorush, TradeHill, CryptoXChange, GBL, Just Dice, Bitcoin Rain, The Silk Road Seizure, Sheep Marketplace, BS&T, PicoStocks, Bitfloor, Basic Mining, Mintpal and many, many others.

Bitcoin is NOT a Ponzi, but it easily facilitates Ponzi's. Bitcoin is NOT a scam, but it makes scamming easier for the average non-professional scammer. Bitcoin is NOT illegal and NOT anonymous, but it facilitates hidden illegal businesses on the dark web. Automobiles are NOT dangerous and do NOT kill people, but they facilitate the deaths of 40,000 stupid inexperienced drivers every year in just one country alone. You might say, but we need cars. True some people have no other way to travel, but we don't need Bitcoin because everyone has another way to spend their money.

You're one of the ultra rare lucky ones. Talk to the thousands of people...
It is possible that at least ~20 to 35% of early Bitcoin investors are still wealthy, since some had the common sense to securely stash away a nice amount for the long haul.

Security in the early days was probably an interesting topic:
"Malware to steal wallets, LOL!!! Why would anyone bother to steal Bitcoins..."

forthewin

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:06:52 PM

Unfortunately I don't have very much bitcoin right now so I don't know if I qualify. It's going to take me a long time to get 10 bitcoins if ever.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:42:19 PM

Unfortunately I don't have very much bitcoin right now so I don't know if I qualify. It's going to take me a long time to get 10 bitcoins if ever.

Set a goal and never give up.
I also have a long way to go, before getting a chance to have a balance above 10 BTC. Too many of mine were sold before the 2nd great bull market move.

Anon_7716

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:47:20 PM

I thought this was a dream that was so great in the bitcoin. But you should also be aware that there will probably reach $ 10 k price bitcoin. Because of this many currencies in the world which is still in use and supply, so they would prefer the original currency than the currency of the Digital
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: