Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631784 times)
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 02:19:03 PM

IMO, as long as this scaling war doesn't decimate things, it's highly probable that we see a double or even triple sized market cap within the next 5 years.

given the last five years, that seems pretty reasonable, which feels weird to write.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 09:33:17 AM

IMO, as long as this scaling war doesn't decimate things, it's highly probable that we see a double or even triple sized market cap within the next 5 years.

given the last five years, that seems pretty reasonable, which feels weird to write.

Indeed.

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:47:09 PM

It is nice to see these old thread and see what people thought back in the day, for me it is difficult to imagine a time where bitcoin was only worth 10 dollars but I know that is true, also it is incredible how right the OP was about prices I hope he still holds his bitcoins and keeps getting richer thanks to it.

Give it time. It will be worth $10 again.
LOL! I guess it would not be possible again, we will not see another big downfall because bitcoin
has matured through time and more and more people are accustom with bitcoin which is hard to imagine the opposite result of success.
I agree that we will not be able to see that big dump on the price because bitcoin is getting more even stronger now and the price is always going up and that is the sign that bitcoin is now unstoppable and it can't be that easy for bitcoin to be dump because it needs a lot of money and bitcoins to do that and no one will ever do that because everyone always want profit.

Never assume anything. I thought it couldn't happen too when the bubble popped all the way down to $2. I'm hoping all of the big block-small block bullshit causes a massive crash and we can buy back in cheap and do it all over again. It would also be nice if it was discovered that a couple of the Chinese exchanges were faking the price like MtGox was so we can do it all over again.

If the price pushes too high only the dumbest traders will stay with Bitcoin.

Remember, if you invest $100,000 in Bitcoin and the price is $10 it only needs to rise to $20 to double your money to $200,000.

If you invest $100,000 in Bitcoin and the price is $5000 it needs to go to $10,000 to double your money to $200,000.

If you were an investor, which playing field would you rather buy in on?

You are simply wet dreaming about btc going to $10 again...
There are far too many eyes on btc now to get anywhere near that....
The way things are going, litecoin might not even go back to $10 never mind Bitcoin..
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 07:14:49 PM

Indeed.

If no other honest digital currency takes the lead, bitcoin will likely appreciate in price. The FED will likely grow its balance sheet and create many more $ so bitcoin will increase at least 10 fold increase in nominal terms. Gold is a also good hedge against inflation, i don't recommend buying only bitcoins.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 07:46:47 PM

Indeed.

If no other honest digital currency takes the lead, bitcoin will likely appreciate in price. The FED will likely grow its balance sheet and create many more $ so bitcoin will increase at least 10 fold increase in nominal terms. Gold is a also good hedge against inflation, i don't recommend buying only bitcoins.

And, is there any "honest digital currency" that has even a remote chance in the coming years to take over bitcoin?

Even if Ethereum, for example, does another 5x and surpasses bitcoin's market cap, who gives a ratt's ass, ethereum is missing a variety of fundamentals including decentralization, immutability and security, no?

Sure, eth has some fancy supposed theoretical bells and whistles but how far can you take those smoke and mirrors?  I wonder?

And if not ethereum, what other coin?  Maybe we need both a down of bitcoin and an up of some other coin to make such a situation, and if there is another coin, then I don't have a problem putting some money into it.. Monero, for example?  or some other?  But several of those other coins have a long way to go too in terms of development, having time tested value on their chain, liquidity and adoption.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:27:27 PM

It is nice to see these old thread and see what people thought back in the day, for me it is difficult to imagine a time where bitcoin was only worth 10 dollars but I know that is true, also it is incredible how right the OP was about prices I hope he still holds his bitcoins and keeps getting richer thanks to it.

LOL! I guess it would not be possible again, we will not see another big downfall because bitcoin
has matured through time and more and more people are accustom with bitcoin which is hard to imagine the opposite result of success.
I agree that we will not be able to see that big dump on the price because bitcoin is getting more even stronger now and the price is always going up and that is the sign that bitcoin is now unstoppable and it can't be that easy for bitcoin to be dump because it needs a lot of money and bitcoins to do that and no one will ever do that because everyone always want profit.

Never assume anything. I thought it couldn't happen too when the bubble popped all the way down to $2. I'm hoping all of the big block-small block bullshit causes a massive crash and we can buy back in cheap and do it all over again. It would also be nice if it was discovered that a couple of the Chinese exchanges were faking the price like MtGox was so we can do it all over again.

Remember, if you invest $100,000 in Bitcoin and the price is $10 it only needs to rise to $20 to double your money to $200,000.

If you invest $100,000 in Bitcoin and the price is $5000 it needs to go to $10,000 to double your money to $200,000.

The way things are going, litecoin might not even go back to $10 never mind Bitcoin..

Sure, but isn't it a nice dream. Wouldn't you like to do it all over again?

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:41:53 PM

Indeed.

And, is there any "honest digital currency" that has even a remote chance in the coming years to take over bitcoin?

Even if Ethereum, for example, does another 5x and surpasses bitcoin's market cap, who gives a ratt's ass, ethereum is missing a variety of fundamentals including decentralization, immutability and security, no?

Sure, eth has some fancy supposed theoretical bells and whistles but how far can you take those smoke and mirrors?  I wonder?

And if not ethereum, what other coin?  Maybe we need both a down of bitcoin and an up of some other coin to make such a situation, and if there is another coin, then I don't have a problem putting some money into it.. Monero, for example?  or some other?  But several of those other coins have a long way to go too in terms of development, having time tested value on their chain, liquidity and adoption.
I totally agree, there are no way that any cryptocurrency is going to take over bitcoin, a part from all the other coins lacking development and basics and the thing that makes cryptocurrency so popular, they also lack the user base, because the only thing that make bitcoin so popular is the it has a large use base that has its back when things get messy, and if for some reason bitcoin fails people will lose faith in the cryptocurrency and no other shall rise.
abhinav703

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:07:39 PM

I think at 2017 end btc price will reach around 2k$+ and more at 2018

Selling Bing and Adwords account with Preloaded 200$
duckydonald

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:14:53 PM

Yes that's what we all are expecting to happen in this year and bitcoin is moving in a positive direction at a moment so that price is likely to achieve by the end of the year and if you manage to hold it longer then you will be making some higher profits in future.
optigon

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 09:36:26 PM

Yes that's what we all are expecting to happen in this year and bitcoin is moving in a positive direction at a moment so that price is likely to achieve by the end of the year and if you manage to hold it longer then you will be making some higher profits in future.

Bitcoin is full of surprises and anything is possible in coming months so we cannot afford to trust bitcoin blindly that it will only give us positive results and if price falls down then all your holdings will go in vain so be smart and take your decisions accordingly.
arklan
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:56:43 AM

we're all expecting it? oh crap, we're so screwed.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:19:48 AM

Bitcoin is full of surprises and anything is possible in coming months so we cannot afford to trust bitcoin blindly that it will only give us positive results and if price falls down then all your holdings will go in vain so be smart and take your decisions accordingly.
Because of the price of bitcoin is unpredictable and volatile, it is best to buy bitcoin regularly like every month because in that strategy you will buy the average per month price of bitcoin and you can avoid getting too much loss from buying bitcoin rather than buying bitcoin from all of your money in one shot.
youdamushi

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:50:26 AM

Because of the price of bitcoin is unpredictable and volatile, it is best to buy bitcoin regularly like every month because in that strategy you will buy the average per month price of bitcoin and you can avoid getting too much loss from buying bitcoin rather than buying bitcoin from all of your money in one shot.

Hmm... Not if you consider long term

I mean long term the price of btc is going to go up (at least IMO)
So if you buy everymonth the average price of buying will always increase
So no matter how expensive they were at a moment, if you buy everything at month X price X there will be a moment X2 where if you bought everymonth your average price will be bigger ^^

PARADICE.io

Casy

Activity: 149
Merit: 22

🔴🔵 FoxMixer.com 🔵🔴

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 09:12:37 AM

This is interesting. As with all now established currencies and systems, there were a lot of haters and people who didn't believe in it.
Starting solely from its long existence already, bitcoin has proven to be stable. In my opinion, it's only a question of time when the public interest will rise (you probably need to have a few role models that have a lot public impact that spread the word), and then, the value growth will go on rapidly.

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:16:58 AM

yes ,indeed ,not many people from the early days are still around here like us lol
it would be nice not only for the extra cash but for the nostalgic rollercoaster ride

i bought my first btc's around  $3 and i bought more and more  until they hit like $10
i would love to do it all it all again but i think LTC is our best chance to go through simlar patterns of adoption
and gains .........
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:20:25 AM

yes ,indeed ,not many people from the early days are still around here like us lol
it would be nice not only for the extra cash but for the nostalgic rollercoaster ride

i bought my first btc's around  $3 and i bought more and more  until they hit like $10
i would love to do it all it all again but i think LTC is our best chance to go through simlar patterns of adoption
and gains .........

It would have taken some guts to hold your coins all the way through the bumpy ride for so many years.

It is not likely indeed that there are many of the early miners/buyers left, but those that did are probably not to chatty about it Wink Better to hide yourself and your wealth than to brag about it and become a target.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:56:25 PM

It's better to divide the month into four and buy weekly, because bitcoin tends to be too volatile for the monthly to work out as well, so instead of buying $100 per month, buy $25 per week.

Hmm... Not if you consider long term

I mean long term the price of btc is going to go up (at least IMO)
So if you buy everymonth the average price of buying will always increase
So no matter how expensive they were at a moment, if you buy everything at month X price X there will be a moment X2 where if you bought everymonth your average price will be bigger ^^

You don't seem to understand the concept of dollar cost averaging.  Of course the presumption is that in the long term the prices are going to be going up, and you are likely not going to make as much money .. but the other point is better assurance that you are going to make money and not be caught up in some kind of gambling tendency and trying to guess prices and all that other bullshit that will more likely cause you to either lose money or to make less profits because of your ongoing betting (like martingale betting)..  

And the point about the price going up does not really matter, when you consider dollar cost averaging, you presume that with the passage of time the price is mostly going up and in the long term you are going to be in profits (and you can also account for you ongoing cash flow issues too, rather than attempting to leverage with something that you might not have).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:21:11 PM

and gains .........

It would have taken some guts to hold your coins all the way through the bumpy ride for so many years.

It is not likely indeed that there are many of the early miners/buyers left, but those that did are probably not to chatty about it Wink Better to hide yourself and your wealth than to brag about it and become a target.

i dont wish to live either in fear or like a recluse or both .....
there are hundreds of people like me who saw potentia early and scores who got into bitcoin much earlier
there are also a lot of hi net worth individuals living in my city so i dount il be kidnapped before any of them lol

if talking with a fellow bitcoiner about cheap bitcoins in "tha good old days of 2011 "  is now constituted as bragging then maybe we should just close this forum down ,or at least restrict membership to anyone who joined anyday  bitcoin happened to be cheaper than today /s

you sound like you take it personally that some people made money than you did but its all relative ,you will make orders of magnitude more money than people who find out about bitcoin 5 years from now etc (providing you actually have some btc and your not just some random troll lol )
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:10:05 PM

Indeed.

Probably true but I dont see that in near future as I feel BTC still has some life left and 10-15 years will be a definite. So you got plenty of time to think and strategize about alternative coins and decide which may hold a key to the future.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
arklan
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:31:52 PM

It's better to divide the month into four and buy weekly, because bitcoin tends to be too volatile for the monthly to work out as well, so instead of buying $100 per month, buy $25 per week.

yea, but depending on method of purchase, the fees involved could be worse that way. transferring to an exchange and whatnot i mean. unless you transferred in large amounts and let them sit on the exchange, but... well, eww.

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: