Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631772 times)
Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:21:06 PM

Learn to listen, listen to learn.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:34:08 PM

To think that not so long ago I was paid 50 BTC for two hours of work.

This stuff was posted 2011.. 50Bitcoin? Incredibly stuff. I see Ethereum going thesame way and even surpassing Bitcoin. Man, what a strange forum
I have heard that in that year you could buy a pizza per 10k Bitcoins. People who putted big hopes on bitcoin and store it today must be the true wealthy elite  Cheesy

Yes we are indeed the true wealthy elite thanks to Bitcoin and its consistent growth in value. There's no stopping now as we look forward to more increases in its value and so there's no way we are not the new wealthy elite.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:22:22 AM

Are you currently putting all your money into bitcoin?  If you say this, you show you believe it by your actions.  I am putting all my money into bitcoin - I see a possibility of $50-$100+ per coin this year.  Just think, once the "bankers" and hedge funds find out about this, we are going to the moon.  Once my bitcoins are $1,000+ I will be able to pay off my growing college loans and maybe get an apartment, and my first car Smiley
Putting all money into bitcoin nowadays is not advisable at all, it will be risky even how higher you believed in bitcoin.
as long as its becoming the world currency its too dangerous to place all your funds into bitcoin.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:34:52 AM

Well, i dont think it should be seen that way. Coz not all people using bitcoins are really into it just for the purpose of profit. Many use it just to make their lives easier. Or they just love the technology. ...

2012 called, it wants its memes back.

Bitcoin is no longer new and what's more, it became very impractical to use (slow and expensive), so it hardly makes anything easier for anyone.
In the current shape, Bitcoin is only good for speculative holding, so either for profit or at least as store of value. This will have to change, one way or another, or it will get replaced.

btc's real utility atm is a store of value, settlement layer and trading pair.

ETH could take this though. Perhaps theres room for both

only a cryptocurrency can "take" that not a token. and ethereum is NOT a currency.

"ether is not designed to function as a global digital currency. Instead, it is meant to pay for specific actions on the Ethereum network, with users receiving it for using their computing power to validate transactions and for contributing to its development."

also what do you think bitcoin can not function as a currency? the higher fees? do you even know the scaling problems of ethereum?
and i seriously doubt that you are even aware that average transaction fees of ether are now at $1.3 and ether has half the number of transactions per day that bitcoin has!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 03:50:53 AM

only a cryptocurrency can "take" that not a token. and ethereum is NOT a currency.

"ether is not designed to function as a global digital currency. Instead, it is meant to pay for specific actions on the Ethereum network, with users receiving it for using their computing power to validate transactions and for contributing to its development."

It surprises me how many people here and in the news don't understand this very specific (and obvious) purpose of Ether.

But...if these sentiments below are the growing reality for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is no longer new and what's more, it became very impractical to use (slow and expensive), so it hardly makes anything easier for anyone.

In the current shape, Bitcoin is only good for speculative holding, so either for profit or at least as store of value. This will have to change, one way or another, or it will get replaced.

btc's real utility atm is a store of value, settlement layer and trading pair.

Could Litecoin fill in as the next obvious choice to be the cryptocurrency that's actually used as a currency?
nevertoolate

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:33:56 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 05:18:56 PM by nevertoolate

Considering there is only a limited number of bitcoins to be made in the coming years...
Is it wise to invest now?
How much do you guys think BTC will rise?
Also looking way back at the thread in 2011,2012, their predictions were pretty much correct.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 02:20:48 AM

Considering there is only a limited number of bitcoins to be made in the coming years...
Also looking way back at the thread in 2011,2012, their predictions were pretty much correct.

Don't invest in bitcoin.

Convert from your old currency to bitcoins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:42:53 AM

This thread has made it through many price milestones from the single digits all the way up to $3,000+ this year.

I remember a few years back I think it was Stunna from primedice who was going to wager that a certain amount of BTC would be worth more than Berkshire Hathaway Class A shares. I think this is the year it actually would have passed that price
nevertoolate

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:34:43 AM

Sorry but the second sentence didn't make sense to me.
And why do you think I don't invest in bitcoin? Any good reasons?

I am pretty sure there were people back in 2011 said not to invest in it but the one who did it are now wealthy.

Don't invest in bitcoin.

Convert from your old currency to bitcoins.

250K per coin. I wouldn't mind that Smiley
This thread has made it through many price milestones from the single digits all the way up to $3,000+ this year.

I remember a few years back I think it was Stunna from primedice who was going to wager that a certain amount of BTC would be worth more than Berkshire Hathaway Class A shares. I think this is the year it actually would have passed that price
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:51:10 AM

Are you currently putting all your money into bitcoin?  If you say this, you show you believe it by your actions.  I am putting all my money into bitcoin - I see a possibility of $50-$100+ per coin this year.  Just think, once the "bankers" and hedge funds find out about this, we are going to the moon.  Once my bitcoins are $1,000+ I will be able to pay off my growing college loans and maybe get an apartment, and my first car Smiley
Post back to 2011, if this guy has holded BTC for so long time, than i guess he had already bought everything, that he wanted  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:27:07 PM

in the next stock market correction/crash/recession btc will be 1:1 with BRKA shares and go on to surpass them .........
Buy a bitcoin now if you are still thinking about it
by 2030 it will be worth more than the average house  Wink
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:30:58 PM

in the next stock market correction/crash/recession btc will be 1:1 with BRKA shares and go on to surpass them .........

Well, I'm was hoping that bitcoin become more valuable on that year but still I've little fear that bitcoin able to reach that point.
But at the end , investing is just like gambling yet bitcoin is unique investment that able to prove it's existency over 7-8 years and their popularity is getting bigger since the value keep increase exponentially

Smiley
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:36:17 PM

Well, I'm was hoping that bitcoin become more valuable on that year but still I've little fear that bitcoin able to reach that point.
But at the end , investing is just like gambling yet bitcoin is unique investment that able to prove it's existency over 7-8 years and their popularity is getting bigger since the value keep increase exponentially

the important thing is not to panic ,everyday there is people spreading FUD to get you to dump your bitcoins just so they can can get them from you cheaply
like everything else of value in this world,btc will move from weak hands to strong ones .....
keep this in mind and dont listen to the idiots   Cool
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:06:30 PM

the important thing is not to panic ,everyday there is people spreading FUD to get you to dump your bitcoins just so they can can get them from you cheaply
like everything else of value in this world,btc will move from weak hands to strong ones .....
I am hearing this for a long time now,bitcoin moving out of the weak hands to the strong hands,now what,you will keep the coins till you die. Tongue either way you are planning to sell the coins when you think that it is profitable for you,people sell their coins because they are not looking at the wider aspects of market rather looking at the current market and booking their profit,what is wrong in that.If i think that there will be a rally in bitcoin in coming weeks i will get hold some coins and get off ,you can also profit in that way.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 05:20:23 PM

Wow! Really? The price of a single Berkshire Hathaway Class A share is $254,640. They have kept the prices artificially high (by preventing share split), in order to keep the equities away from the small-scale and medium-scale investors. Unlike Bitcoin, the Berkshire shares can't be purchased in fractions. The minimum purchase quantity is 1.000 shares.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

Wow! Really? The price of a single Berkshire Hathaway Class A share is $254,640. They have kept the prices artificially high (by preventing share split), in order to keep the equities away from the small-scale and medium-scale investors. Unlike Bitcoin, the Berkshire shares can't be purchased in fractions. The minimum purchase quantity is 1.000 shares.

actually there is a "cheap option" for people who cant afford brk A class shares

see below:

Warren Buffett has declared that the Class A shares will never experience a stock split because he believes the high share price attracts like-minded investors, those focused on long-term profits rather than on short-term price movements. As of May 2017, Berkshire Hathaway Class A (BRK-A) is trading for almost $246,000 a share.

In 1996, Buffett created Class B shares (BRK-B), offering investors the ability to invest in Berkshire Hathaway for, initially, one-thirtieth the price of a Class A share of stock. A 50-to-one stock split in 2010 sent the ratio to one-1,500th. Class B shares carry correspondingly lower voting rights as well. Buffet stated that the purpose of creating the Class B shares was to give smaller investors the opportunity to invest directly in Berkshire Hathaway, rather than only participating indirectly through mutual funds that mirror Berkshire Hathaway's holdings.

One benefit of holding Class B shares is flexibility. If an investor owns just one share of Class A and is in need of some cash, the only option is to sell that single share, even if its price far exceeds the amount of capital the investor needs to access. In contrast, a holder of Class B shares can liquidate part of his or her Berkshire Hathaway holdings, just up to the amount needed to meet cash flow requirements. Another benefit of Class B is that its much lower price means that BRK stock can be passed to heirs without triggering the gift tax as passing Class A shares does.

One final difference is that Class A shares can be converted into an equivalent amount of Class B shares any time a Class A shareholder wishes to so do. The conversion privilege does not exist in reverse. Class B shareholders can only convert their holdings to Class A by selling their Class B shares and then buying the equivalent in Class A shares.

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:41:09 PM

I am hearing this for a long time now,bitcoin moving out of the weak hands to the strong hands,now what,you will keep the coins till you die. Tongue either way you are planning to sell the coins when you think that it is profitable for you,people sell their coins because they are not looking at the wider aspects of market rather looking at the current market and booking their profit,what is wrong in that.If i think that there will be a rally in bitcoin in coming weeks i will get hold some coins and get off ,you can also profit in that way.

Yes , i will still have my bitcoins to leave to my children and grandchildren when im dead
the problem with thinking short term is that most people cannot beat the market (97% on average will lose trying  )
My bitcoins only cost me $3 so i dont really need to cash out of a deflationary asset to an inflationary asset like cash
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:41:46 PM

If Berkshire Hathaway can go up to $250K per SHARE why the fuck can't bitcoin go to $250K? Or $100K? Or even $10K??

C'mon guys.... stop being a bunch of losers. I need bitcoin to keep going up. Stop acting like $3k is "too much"... fuck off. $10K or BUST.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:46:59 PM

Nothing wrong with selling strategically when the price goes up and buying back on dips, but you also have to keep in mind having bitcoins and replacing ones that you spend.. and longer term investment ideas.. you would not want to be out of coins because you sold them all at $2700 and the price goes up to $10k, right?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:05:50 PM

Yes, I forget what the exact bet was going to be though...maybe one of the older users around her can confirm.   I believe the bet was going to be that 100BTC was going to be greater than the value of 1 Class A Berkshire Hathaway share, but I could be a little wrong.   If that was the exact bet...the month would have been the first time that it passed that value.

Can anyone else chime in if they remember?
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: