Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:25:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
BlockChainr

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:19:38 AM

btw .. The only thing I know about this project is that it is Ethereum with a twist (javascript instead of solidity).
I hope the devs do understand that that would not really be enough .... ..
Ethereum can easily add a javascript compiler into the bytecode

From a previous post a few pages back

LISK HOLDS THE FOLLOWING ADVANTAGES OVER ETHERIUM:

Javascript language simplicity vs Solidity language complexity
Like I said ... easy to write a Javascript compiler to Ethereum bytecode  

100,000+ JavaScript programmers vs. few Solidity programmers
The above argument eliminates this so called advantage of lisk

Single hash generated  vs. trillions of valid but discarded hashes generated to secure blockchain in one blocktime
Makes no sense at all

Cooperative, efficient blockchain generation vs. competitive, wasteful blockchain generation
looks like the same as above

Stable roundtable clockwork forging vs. unsustainable, exponentially growing free-for-all mining
Forging is no different than mining ... just different ways to make the currency

Dapps on individual sidechains vs. dapps on bloated mainchain
Ethereum dapps are also sidechains .. lol .. you seem to be uninformed

Min of 2-4 to max of 101 cheap $35 Pi2 / $9 CHIP microcomputers needed for each sidechain backbone vs. large, unlimited numbers of expensive GPU systems needed for mainchain backbone
The GPU rings will not be used once POS for eth sets in

Sidechain dapps permanently free vs. mainchain perpetual "gas" payments required
Ah ... What can possibly be the use of the beloved LISK then ...

It's why I asked the guys what direction they going to take the current Crypti VM in order to be able to compete. Solidity pretty much eliminated the only advantage Crypti had over Eth.

As mentioned, Crypti needs other advantages over Eth to be interesting for developers.

I noticed your username is "Crypti"... Are you the guy who started Crypti ?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypti

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 11:44:50 AM

btw .. The only thing I know about this project is that it is Ethereum with a twist (javascript instead of solidity).
I hope the devs do understand that that would not really be enough .... ..
Ethereum can easily add a javascript compiler into the bytecode

From a previous post a few pages back

Single hash generated  vs. trillions of valid but discarded hashes generated to secure blockchain in one blocktime
Makes no sense at all

Cooperative, efficient blockchain generation vs. competitive, wasteful blockchain generation

Stable roundtable clockwork forging vs. unsustainable, exponentially growing free-for-all mining
Forging is no different than mining ... just different ways to make the currency

Min of 2-4 to max of 101 cheap $35 Pi2 / $9 CHIP microcomputers needed for each sidechain backbone vs. large, unlimited numbers of expensive GPU systems needed for mainchain backbone

Sidechain dapps permanently free vs. mainchain perpetual "gas" payments required

It's why I asked the guys what direction they going to take the current Crypti VM in order to be able to compete. Solidity pretty much eliminated the only advantage Crypti had over Eth.

As mentioned, Crypti needs other advantages over Eth to be interesting for developers.

I noticed your username is "Crypti"... Are you the guy who started Crypti ?

Yep, it's me.

To prevent misunderstandings, i meant that there is still need more work on VM, and if do all right, it can be sucessful.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 11:55:21 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 04:39:27 PM by MalReynolds

Hey risinhigher
Here's my response to your FUD crap

Let me know when it's done...or even started.  Even if an Ethereum JavaScript compiler  existed, Solidity is still an unstable language - why paste a compiler on top of it?

The above argument is vaporware.  JavaScript programmers can start coding Lisk dapps right now.

Makes no sense at all
I've explained this several times.  Churning out trillions of wasted hashes means lots of wasted electricity - like literally a nuclear powerplant's worth for Bitcoin - and is an ever-growing financial overhead that will ultimately kill the coin.

No, it's the key reason Lisk can run on a $9 CHIP computer and Ethereum can't.  Economies of scale hugely favor Lisk over BTC/ETH.

It is so sad to see people that don't understand enough math to get why exponential growth is unsustainable, or why a stable system is different and better from an unstable one.

The Ethereum Guide says its dapps are deployed on the mainchain ( https://gavofyork.gitbooks.io/turboethereum/content/dapps_deployment.html ).  Practically, in Ethereum dapps are just specialized "contracts".  There's my showdown cards in this poker hand - what's your counter-reference to prove what you are saying about Ethereum sidechains?  Prove to me that each dapp in Ethereum has its own separate blockchain as they do in Lisk.

So...PoS for ETH is vaporware, got it.  How can you know that Eth PoS will run on microcomputers like Lisk does if ETH PoS finally shows up?  What happens to all those sad little GPU miners whose income stream will be cut off?

What part of "free" vs. "paying for ETH gas" is so hard to understand?  Free is better.  Lisk is still the exchange coin of choice within the dapp itself.
dfgv12

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:05:47 PM

Send Crypti
1 error prohibited your payment from being accepted:

Invalid transaction timestamp

This is the second time it happens, first time my crypti wallet couldn't send transactions anymore for some time, now it was working again and i get this. My wallet has nothing to do with it, obviously, since the connection to the blockchain is made through https://ico.lisk.io/

I find this method intrusive as we need to input password and also not functional, as you can see. Why can't it be done as for BTC ?

Wonder if it actually happened to more people... i will post further impressions in case this doesn't work out.

Please open a ticket on http://support.lisk.io/ if you still encounter this problem.

Good to hear all of these translations are getting done, however it still doesn't say that the Hungarian one is done. I was in Lisk chat reading about how some guy already finished it.

Yes, I have the Hungarian translation. However, it's ONLY the text. That means not in the forum BBcode format. Therefore, it takes me a bit longer. I need to find the time for that. Smiley If you want to do it, feel free to contact me. Wink

Hello dev, two send BTC to the same address, can't show the Bug fixes?

Should be no problem. If the 2nd transaction doesn't appear after a few hours, please open a ticket on http://support.lisk.io/.

Thank you very much. Smiley

Dev I want to translate to romanian.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:07:51 PM

To prevent misunderstandings, i meant that there is still need more work on VM, and if do all right, it can be sucessful.

Boris, please talk about using slow sidechain blocktimes (longer than 10 seconds) and if this can allow or enable good sidechain operation at high internet latency.  Can the 0.5.5 code do this now?

Boris , pozhaluysta, govorit' ob ispol'zovanii medlennykh Sidechain blocktimes ( boleye 10 sekund) , i yesli on mozhet pozvolit' ili vklyuchit' khoroshuyu rabotu bokovoy tsepi s vysokoy latentnosti seti Internet . Mozhet li 0.5.5 kod , chtoby sdelat' eto seychas?

Бopиc , пoжaлyйcтa , гoвopить oб иcпoльзoвaнии мeдлeнныx Sidechain blocktimes ( бoлee 10 ceкyнд ) , и ecли этo мoжeт пoзвoлить или включить xopoшyю paбoтy бoкoвoй цeпи пpи выcoкoй лaтeнтнocти интepнeт . Moжeт ли 0.5.5 кoд cдeлaть этo ceйчac ?

Explain in Russian if you want  Smiley

Ob"yasnite, na russkom yazyke , yesli vy khotite

Oбъяcнитe, нa pyccкoм языкe , ecли вы xoтитe

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:15:50 PM

I opened new exchange like a week ago but i havent send any bitcoins to it. Is it to late now to send to that exchange or i have to make a new one and just ignore that one week old one?
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:28:09 PM

I opened new exchange like a week ago but i havent send any bitcoins to it. Is it to late now to send to that exchange or i have to make a new one and just ignore that one week old one?

The old one still works, but I would create a new one. It's simpler. Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:29:41 PM

Yes just to be safe you should make a new exchange!
I also still have a exchange open from the first day.

But I asked in the chat and they advised me to make a new exchange.
You will get 5% less bonus but you will have no problems for sure!
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:48:55 PM

Yes just to be safe you should make a new exchange!
I also still have a exchange open from the first day.

But I asked in the chat and they advised me to make a new exchange.
You will get 5% less bonus but you will have no problems for sure!

The bonus is not determined by the date the exchange was opened on our ICO website, but the date the BTC were actually send. Smiley

tuvok007
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:53:09 PM

Ok.so I"ll just ignore that one from few days ago and make a new one.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 01:57:16 PM

Tell us your best Dapp ideas & win great prizes!

Decentralized applications can be thought of as the “bread and butter” of Lisk. Therefore, in order to provide our Lisk Dapp developers with the inspiration to get coding dapps as soon as possible, today we are starting a contest for the best Dapp ideas.

Contest Details

Make a concept for your dream Dapp, and post it to our official forum on the “Decentralized Applications” board. Your concept can contain descriptions, images, diagrams, projections and code. The more elaborate your concept is, the higher your chance of winning.

The contest starts with this announcement (7th March) and ends on the 13th March, at the same time as the BTC exchange bonus drops from 5% to 0%. Please note, early submissions will have no greater priority over later submissions.

We (Oliver and Max) will elect the three winners ourselves, based upon feedback from the community. Winners will be chosen based on the ideas which we feel will draw the biggest attention, and create practical use-cases for the Lisk network.

Everyone can submit as many ideas as they want. To avoid someone submitting an idea before you have completed a submission, you may briefly describe your idea in a forum post, and then enhance that submission over the course of the week with further materials.

Decision criteria

- Quantity and quality of the concept materials (50%)
- Benefits to the Lisk ecosystem (30%)
- Feasibility (20%)

Prizes

The best three ideas will get their own video similar to this one, which can then be used to promote your idea to potential investors, the Lisk community or business partners.

Additionally, we will give out a Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3 and Lisk T-Shirts, according to the following prizes:

- First prize: Raspberry Pi 3 + Lisk T-Shirt + Video
- Second prize: Raspberry Pi 2 + Lisk T-Shirt + Video
- Third prize: Lisk T-Shirt + Video

We shall also use the Dapp ideas and videos to promote the Lisk platform to potential developers. All concept materials will be made public, and will be placed in the hands of the whole Lisk community

Blog Post Announcement

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:00:23 PM

Guys, you offered 1 million XCR (1% of supply) for a similar contest months back in XCR and NO ONE entered...

Now you offer a T_shirt? Am I missing something here? How about a large chunk of LISK tokens as incentive?

Tell us your best Dapp ideas & win great prizes!

Decentralized applications can be thought of as the “bread and butter” of Lisk. Therefore, in order to provide our Lisk Dapp developers with the inspiration to get coding dapps as soon as possible, today we are starting a contest for the best Dapp ideas.

Contest Details

Make a concept for your dream Dapp, and post it to our official forum on the “Decentralized Applications” board. Your concept can contain descriptions, images, diagrams, projections and code. The more elaborate your concept is, the higher your chance of winning.

The contest starts with this announcement (7th March) and ends on the 13th March, at the same time as the BTC exchange bonus drops from 5% to 0%. Please note, early submissions will have no greater priority over later submissions.

We (Oliver and Max) will elect the three winners ourselves, based upon feedback from the community. Winners will be chosen based on the ideas which we feel will draw the biggest attention, and create practical use-cases for the Lisk network.

Everyone can submit as many ideas as they want. To avoid someone submitting an idea before you have completed a submission, you may briefly describe your idea in a forum post, and then enhance that submission over the course of the week with further materials.

Decision criteria

- Quantity and quality of the concept materials (50%)
- Benefits to the Lisk ecosystem (30%)
- Feasibility (20%)

Prizes

The best three ideas will get their own video similar to this one, which can then be used to promote your idea to potential investors, the Lisk community or business partners.

Additionally, we will give out a Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3 and Lisk T-Shirts, according to the following prizes:

- First prize: Raspberry Pi 3 + Lisk T-Shirt + Video
- Second prize: Raspberry Pi 2 + Lisk T-Shirt + Video
- Third prize: Lisk T-Shirt + Video

We shall also use the Dapp ideas and videos to promote the Lisk platform to potential developers. All concept materials will be made public, and will be placed in the hands of the whole Lisk community

Blog Post Announcement
Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:00:57 PM

Similar question: opened XCR deposit yst, but I had problems with XCR deposit (I'm not familiar with xcr, never use it).

Can I just leave in my exchanges not finished xcr exchange? I have few well done BTC exchanges already and don't want to try to do XCR deposit anymore.
iudica

Activity: 704
Merit: 559

online justice

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:14:40 PM

Guys, you offered 1 million XCR (1% of supply) for a similar contest months back in XCR and NO ONE entered...

Now you offer a T_shirt? Am I missing something here? How about a large chunk of LISK tokens as incentive?

First was an App-Contest, now it is a Contest about an idea of an app. Do you pay an architect the same as you need to pay to construct the house?

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:19:17 PM

Funny, at the highest level - YES, you pay the architect magnitudes more than the construction crew.
Also, I suppose the pay was not very enticing last time around (since zero people entered) - so maybe we need MORE incentive? I don't see the reason to limit interest in this - offer up some LISK for this as a prize. They have 8% of the entire supply, so a small prize from each of their shares would do wonders for possible interest.

First was an App-Contest, now it is a Contest about an idea of an app. Do you pay an architect the same as you need to pay to construct the house?

LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:28:45 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 04:46:06 PM by LiskHQ

Similar question: opened XCR deposit yst, but I had problems with XCR deposit (I'm not familiar with xcr, never use it).

Can I just leave in my exchanges not finished xcr exchange? I have few well done BTC exchanges already and don't want to try to do XCR deposit anymore.

You can just leave the exchange open, it won't do harm. If you want to send more XCR in the future you can simply open a new exchange. Smiley

The contest is JUST for an idea which can be 1 line of text or a whole book of materials. This is so different than before. We already got 12 great ideas and I think there will be many more this week. It's just the beginning. Many more competitions will follow.

Btw. our contest was featured by Bitcoinist! http://bitcoinist.net/lisk-announces-dapps-contest-prizes/

mr001

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/anpUpg7.jpg

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 05:41:03 PM

dude, you like typing way too much.

He asked for an explanation.  It's a complicated subject.   Grin

Tanks! You are a nice List enthusiast.
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:25:47 PM

Unfortunately this Dapp contest is not going to yield much results...

Lisk Devs: If you're serious about making Lisk go mainstream, you should be reaching out to those 100,000 Javascript devs out there, not the wannabe wolf-of-wall-street kids here.

You should:

1. Advertise Dapp Contest in JavaScript forums, .JS user groups & communities OUTSIDE Crypto world if you want Dapps useful in real life, not some "crypto-funding", "Bit-this", Crypto-that" useless Dapps

2. Make attractive Real Money prizes. (i.e. 1st prize: $1000, 2nd prize: $500, 3rd prize: $300... people got bills to pay)

3. Make a nice contest Poster that people can easily share on social media. We can't share contest announcement in text format.

Hire this fucking genius immediately ^^^

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
pescadorloco69

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:27:51 PM

Unfortunately this Dapp contest is not going to yield much results...

Lisk Devs: If you're serious about making Lisk go mainstream, you should be reaching out to those 100,000 Javascript devs out there, not the wannabe wolf-of-wall-street kids here.

You should:

1. Advertise Dapp Contest in JavaScript forums, .JS user groups & communities OUTSIDE Crypto world if you want Dapps useful in real life, not some "crypto-funding", "Bit-this", Crypto-that" useless Dapps

2. Make attractive Real Money prizes. (i.e. 1st prize: $1000, 2nd prize: $500, 3rd prize: $300... people got bills to pay)

3. Make a nice contest Poster that people can easily share on social media. We can't share contest announcement in text format.

Hire this fucking genius immediately ^^^

Ditto!
tuvok007
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:30:26 PM

I am just a small investor hoping that the project will go big.Lisk will be successful because it will have added value,real life usefulness.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: