Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073102 times)
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 04:52:48 PM

Price stable since yesterday, nobody is buying. Better for us, it's ok it the rise calm down and we stay under 10k until the end

I know why your pray will never be answered!
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 05:07:05 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 05:23:39 PM by MalReynolds

Price stable since yesterday, nobody is buying. Better for us, it's ok it the rise calm down and we stay under 10k until the end

Yesterday was indeed a slow day compared to the five days before it, but the ICO is still getting significant daily donations.  Since last UTC midnight another 91+ BTC has been donated beyond that shown below.

DAY  
1&2
BTC

If we average 100 BTC every day for the rest of the Lisk ICO we will break 4000+ actual donated BTC worth around $410 each.   Our cash development fund would then be over $1.6M to further improve Lisk.

In comparison, the Ethereum ICO raised 31,591 BTC which were worth around $580 each at the time.  The price of Bitcoin plunged shortly thereafter, and Ethereum lost over half of what it had raised.
JanDzban

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 05:59:23 PM

It's better? I tough it doesnt matter because when amount of Lisks decrease, value of Lisk increase. And for that 2 kids who take 8 000 000 is even worse, because their amount dont desrease, only value increase when people put their BTC into this quasi-ethereum project.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 06:13:37 PM

Tell us your best Dapp ideas & win great prizes!

Decentralized applications can be thought of as the “bread and butter” of Lisk. Therefore, in order to provide our Lisk Dapp developers with the inspiration to get coding dapps as soon as possible, today we are starting a contest for the best Dapp ideas.

Contest Details

Make a concept for your dream Dapp, and post it to our official forum on the “Decentralized Applications” board. Your concept can contain descriptions, images, diagrams, projections and code. The more elaborate your concept is, the higher your chance of winning.

The contest starts with this announcement (7th March) and ends on the 13th March, at the same time as the BTC exchange bonus drops from 5% to 0%. Please note, early submissions will have no greater priority over later submissions.

We (Oliver and Max) will elect the three winners ourselves, based upon feedback from the community. Winners will be chosen based on the ideas which we feel will draw the biggest attention, and create practical use-cases for the Lisk network.

Everyone can submit as many ideas as they want. To avoid someone submitting an idea before you have completed a submission, you may briefly describe your idea in a forum post, and then enhance that submission over the course of the week with further materials.

Decision criteria

- Quantity and quality of the concept materials (50%)
- Benefits to the Lisk ecosystem (30%)
- Feasibility (20%)

Prizes

The best three ideas will get their own video similar to this one, which can then be used to promote your idea to potential investors, the Lisk community or business partners.

Additionally, we will give out a Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3 and Lisk T-Shirts, according to the following prizes:

- First prize: Raspberry Pi 3 + Lisk T-Shirt + Video
- Second prize: Raspberry Pi 2 + Lisk T-Shirt + Video
- Third prize: Lisk T-Shirt + Video

We shall also use the Dapp ideas and videos to promote the Lisk platform to potential developers. All concept materials will be made public, and will be placed in the hands of the whole Lisk community

Blog Post Announcement

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
MGM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:15:15 PM

I'd like to participate in this ICO but I'm worried about investing my BTC while lot of XCR holders have dumped 60% of all XCR in existence this ICO.

It feels like BTC investors are simply bailing out XCR bag holders in this ICO.

BTC investors are NOT bailing out XCR bag holders in this ICO!

THERE IS NOT A ONE-FOR-ONE EXCHANGE OF CRYPTI XCR FOR LISK.

XCR members joining Lisk are getting their donations capped at the fair market value (at Poloniex, for example) of 1300 satoshi per XCR.    You can see that by going to the "How many Lisk will I get for my XCR" spreadsheet link in my other post above.  At present, the number is 0.274 Lisk will be issued for every Crypti XCR donated, and that number continues to drop as more BTC shows up.  A Lisk is currently worth 4759 Satoshi.  If you trade in ONE Crypti XCR, you currently get 0.274 Lisk and your new Lisk holding is worth 0.274 * 4759 = 1300 satoshi (with minor roundoff error).  

Now look at the "How many Lisk will I get for my BTC" spreadsheet.  If you trade in ONE Bitcoin, you currently get 21,100 Lisk and your new Lisk holding is worth 21,100 * 4759 = 100,000,000 satoshi (with minor roundoff error), which is exactly 1 BTC.

As noted in my post above, so far there have been 773 BTC worth of XCR donated to Lisk at the fixed fair market rate of 1300 satoshi and 2900 actual BTC donated at the adjustable fair market rate of 4759 satoshi per Lisk and rising.   The 773 BTC donated by Crypti holders is the fair market value of all the currently existing Version 0.5.5 sidechain / dapp software that Lisk will use at launch.  The Version 0.5.5 sidechain / dapp software used to launch Lisk is NOT VAPORWARE and its use does not come to the new BTC donors for free.  Utilization of that software as a starting point is currently priced fairly at 773 BTC.  The BTC donations of 2900+ will be used as a cash development fund to IMPROVE THIS CODE BASE and create Lisk Version 0.5.6 and beyond.

To summarize, the value of XCR donations are are capped at 1300 satoshi per coin; the value of BTC donations are continuously adjusted upward to get the current Lisk satoshi value (currently 4759 and rising).  That capped vs. continuous adjustment factor is what keeps the XCR folks from being "bailed out" by the BTC donors!

XCR donators have created a solid sidechain / dapp code base foundation and the new BTC donators are providing funding to improve it.   XCR and BTC donors are not opponents here.  We are all members of the new Lisk team!

How do you explain the recent XCR price pump on exchanges?

Doesn't that mean that XCR investors are going to get more Lisk for their XCR as XCR price goes up on exchanges?
wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:17:16 PM

surprised to see all the btc being spent here. correct me if im wrong, isn't I/OC coin ahead of the game already

might wanna check it out before investing here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.0
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:18:47 PM

It's better? I though it doesnt matter because when amount of Lisks decrease, value of Lisk increase.

During the ICO this is correct.  But I think Spatters is saying that a low launch price for Lisk means a bigger price pop when it goes on sale at exchanges.

However, I think that if you go for a quick profit on the exchanges you are going to miss a huge long-term price gain for Lisk.  A $1M+ tech development fund has the potential to evolve Lisk into the sidechain / dapp engine of choice.  

Lisk is a long term investment.  The ICO and even early exchange price swings are not how to make money on this project.  This is a buy and hodl hodl hodl coin.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:21:39 PM

*snip*

How do we enter?  Is there a thread post on BTT dedicated to entrants?

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:24:38 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 06:38:10 PM by MalReynolds

How do you explain the recent XCR price pump on exchanges?

I explain it as a shortage of available Crypti for sale at the exchange.   When something becomes more scarce, its price goes up.  The Lisk ICO is taking large amounts of Crypti out of circulation.  The remaining Crypti becomes more valuable.  Crypti is still an ongoing coin with 101 delegate servers running and over 2 million blocks on its blockchain.

Doesn't that mean that XCR investors are going to get more Lisk for their XCR as XCR price goes up on exchanges?

No.  It doesn't matter how high the exchange price of XCR goes.  The XCR price at an exchange (Poloniex) could go to 2000 satoshis and the Lisk exchange price is still gonna be fixed at 1300 satoshi per Crypti XCR.   If somebody can find a buyer of Crypti XCR above 1300 satoshi, they should take the deal and buy into Lisk with the Bitcoin they made on the trade.  They will get more Lisk that way than if they trade raw Crypti XCR into Lisk directly at the fixed 1300 satoshi exchange price.  
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 06:45:05 PM

You simply need to create a new thread here. http://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=8

ICO Website is currently down. Oliver is investigating the issue!

We will post an update within the next hour.

wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:46:30 PM

You simply need to create a new thread here. http://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=8

ICO Website is currently down. Oliver is investigating the issue!

We will post an update within the next hour.

may i ask are you doing the same as what IOC coin is doing

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.0
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 06:48:54 PM

Decentralized applications can be thought of as the “bread and butter” of Lisk. Therefore, in order to provide our Lisk Dapp developers with the inspiration to get coding dapps as soon as possible, today we are starting a contest for the best Dapp ideas.

Contest Details

Make a concept for your dream Dapp, and post it to our official forum on the “Decentralized Applications” board. Your concept can contain descriptions, images, diagrams, projections and code. The more elaborate your concept is, the higher your chance of winning.

The contest starts with this announcement (7th March) and ends on the 13th March, at the same time as the BTC exchange bonus drops from 5% to 0%. Please note, early submissions will have no greater priority over later submissions.

We (Oliver and Max) will elect the three winners ourselves, based upon feedback from the community. Winners will be chosen based on the ideas which we feel will draw the biggest attention, and create practical use-cases for the Lisk network.

Everyone can submit as many ideas as they want. To avoid someone submitting an idea before you have completed a submission, you may briefly describe your idea in a forum post, and then enhance that submission over the course of the week with further materials.

Decision criteria

- Quantity and quality of the concept materials (50%)
- Benefits to the Lisk ecosystem (30%)
- Feasibility (20%)

Prizes

The best three ideas will get their own video similar to this one, which can then be used to promote your idea to potential investors, the Lisk community or business partners.

Additionally, we will give out a Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3 and Lisk T-Shirts, according to the following prizes:

- First prize: Raspberry Pi 3 + Lisk T-Shirt + Video
- Second prize: Raspberry Pi 2 + Lisk T-Shirt + Video
- Third prize: Lisk T-Shirt + Video

We shall also use the Dapp ideas and videos to promote the Lisk platform to potential developers. All concept materials will be made public, and will be placed in the hands of the whole Lisk community

Blog Post Announcement

may i ask are you doing the same as what IOC coin is doing

No.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:49:25 PM

*snip*

I believe all you need to do is enter your idea on the Lisk forums, in their decentralized app section. Although looking at how this is set up, one can see potential problems.

Nothing to stop someone else from simply stealing an idea you post, sprucing it up a bit better than you, and by the contest rules, end up winning the contest. Or the opposite... someone having a great idea early on, posting it before you, even if you could code the entire thing by yourself in a weekend.

It's sort of a weird way to run a contest, especially since I expect a lot of repeated ideas ... and only three winners.
LiskHQ (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 06:52:36 PM

I believe all you need to do is enter your idea on the Lisk forums, in their decentralized app section. Although looking at how this is set up, one can see potential problems.

Nothing to stop someone else from simply stealing an idea you post, sprucing it up a bit better than you, and by the contest rules, end up winning the contest. Or the opposite... someone having a great idea early on, posting it before you, even if you could code the entire thing by yourself in a weekend.

It's sort of a weird way to run a contest, especially since I expect a lot of repeated ideas ... and only three winners.

It's just to get some ideas and activity into the forum. It also shows what is possible with Lisk and what is on the users minds. The prizes aren't big, because we have no access to the funds right now. There will be much bigger competitions in the future. Wink

bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 07:04:17 PM

*snip*

I see it more of as a sounding board to post ideas and see if there is interest. I don't see a way to upvote posts, though. A Raspi 3 would be nice, but I already have a Bitseed, bitseed.org with hard drive. Just had one idea collision on Dapp contest - two of us posted at the same time for Decentralized Crypto Exchange, the other posted while I was entering mine, Peer Trader. I've been shot-gunning out ideas as I have time to post them, though will need to flesh them out with more detail.

link to post dapp ideas is https://forum.lisk.io/viewforum.php?f=8

poornamelessme

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 07:09:30 PM

It's just to get some ideas and activity into the forum. It also shows what is possible with Lisk and what is on the users minds. The prizes aren't big, because we have no access to the funds right now. There will be much bigger competitions in the future. Wink

Yeah, I didn't mean it as a knock on the contest... any idea contest could potentially have problems like I mentioned. Guess I meant it just as a warning that it may not work out so great for anyone to post their 'once in a lifetime' idea, as someone else could just say it was their idea too. They'd be better off waiting for a later contest, or just make the thing themselves outside of any contest.

As just a general way to get folks talking about ideas, it's fine though.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 07:19:09 PM

I took a little risk and got me some lisk!

Grin
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 07:31:33 PM

It's better? I though it doesnt matter because when amount of Lisks decrease, value of Lisk increase.

During the ICO this is correct.  But I think Spatters is saying that a low launch price for Lisk means a bigger price pop when it goes on sale at exchanges.

However, I think that if you go for a quick profit on the exchanges you are going to miss a huge long-term price gain for Lisk.  A $1M+ tech development fund has the potential to evolve Lisk into the sidechain / dapp engine of choice.   

Lisk is a long term investment.  The ICO and even early exchange price swings are not how to make money on this project.  This is a buy and hodl hodl hodl coin.
yes I meant that. Higher value less coin, but lower value more coin, and it's easy to spike from a low price.
Btw I agree it's a long term coin, but not everybody are here for a long term, people will enjoy a 2 or 3x profit and exit, without counting all those fellas that sell at a 10% profit.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 07:51:59 PM

During the ICO this is correct.  But I think Spatters is saying that a low launch price for Lisk means a bigger price pop when it goes on sale at exchanges.

However, I think that if you go for a quick profit on the exchanges you are going to miss a huge long-term price gain for Lisk.  A $1M+ tech development fund has the potential to evolve Lisk into the sidechain / dapp engine of choice.   

Lisk is a long term investment.  The ICO and even early exchange price swings are not how to make money on this project.  This is a buy and hodl hodl hodl coin.
yes I meant that. Higher value less coin, but lower value more coin, and it's easy to spike from a low price.
Btw I agree it's a long term coin, but not everybody are here for a long term, people will enjoy a 2 or 3x profit and exit, without counting all those fellas that sell at a 10% profit.

True but you actually never know what happens, but I believe that there are also a lot
Persons that doesn't do ico cause of trust issues, specially as far as I understood China is really
Hard in trusting people overall compared to western and European country's ( as I heared)
As soon as lisk will be listed on an exchange I think the weak hands will be taken into stronger hands.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 07:55:21 PM

Just some thoughts. I think Nxt model isn't gonna work anymore. I mean when only a few people invest a few bitcoins and have a good ROI because initial market cap is ridiculously low. New working model is Ethereum model. When ICO collects thousands of bitcoins and start in top 10-20 coins by market cap, but later fly over the moon because of huge development and marketing fund.

Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: