Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:23:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:50:01 PM

Although I do believe this project is completely legit, I agree to the concerns that have risen here at the thread.

If Frank posts a video with his face talking about Opair, it would help confirm his identity and open the door for the big investors. no code is shown to the community yet, which could rise concerns as well, that's why I think an interview is CRUCIAL at this point if you want the ICO to succeed.

I have invested in the project but would like to see this also. A live video would add legitimacy as almost all legitimate ICOs have had one. You will probably please 99% of the investors and can just ignore the other 1%.

Escrow would not be necessary if we have more faith in the team.
kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:54:18 PM

Although I do believe this project is completely legit, I agree to the concerns that have risen here at the thread.

If Frank posts a video with his face talking about Opair, it would help confirm his identity and open the door for the big investors. no code is shown to the community yet, which could rise concerns as well, that's why I think an interview is CRUCIAL at this point if you want the ICO to succeed.

I have invested in the project but would like to see this also. A live video would add legitimacy as almost all legitimate ICOs have had one. You will probably please 99% of the investors and can just ignore the other 1%.

Escrow would not be necessary if we have more faith in the team.

Exactly my thought
tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:01:33 PM

I will speak as the investor of this project that I am. As several users have noted above there are points that would have been better if they were different (such as using escrow) but as he said wasserman99 everything was clarified and public before the ICO, which there is no complaint possible. That was the Opair proposal and I decided to invest equally like others, even knowing these points because I was attracted by the proposed project. I'm glad to invest here and I'm sure this project will go far. We are already adults and before investing our own money we must do due diligence about that points. So now please stop with the drama. If you want to invest, do it, or not it's your own decision.
Please take a look at the ICO platform, it is the most transparent i saw in this forum. You can see at any time all statistics, including your balance and price per coin, which is updated as more people invest. Everything run smoothly. For suspicious people, make yourselves an account on the platform and try it on your own. That's a great test of experience and knowledge of this team. If the final release has much quality as the platform it will be a success. If they could do that without money, with the money raise from the ICO the sky is the limit.

Good health for this project.

I fully agree about it as I said in my previous commments . I see that the OPAIR project is clear and transperent .
I can watch every movement of this project from ICO price to BTC deposit . it's fully public and unsecret, everyone can control the whole project .
I think everything is going to the right place and all works will be public in next stage. We do not need to rush but we need to do the project exactly effectively and transperently. That's it.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:03:00 PM

Guys, a couple of clarifications:

1) About the escrow, we believe that using an escrow adds nothing to our proposal. We are going to 100% with Opair, giving our identities from the beginning, because we trust in what we do. And we risk that the escrow, which is a person we do not know, decide not to release the funds. You have to keep in mind, there were many large projects that did not use escrow given the legitimacy of its creators. On the other hand, there are many people here in the forum using fake escrow, as you well know. In short, that led us to make this decision.

Regards

Well i respect your choice , dont want to FUD or anything, ill buy from a dip then ! watching this..
best of luck to your project !
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:08:37 PM

What you said has no sense. We still need an Escrow - Please cite which large projects that did not use an Escrow and did not turn out to be a SCAM.
You can make everything up right here and stop calling Investors Post as a FUD. I Invested in your Project and if you are going to call me a FUD and not
bring verified clarification and honesty, I need a refund now. You give me a refund as you do want to use a Escrow or i call this a Scam.
You can see my Username (Rkana) in your list of investors and just refund me from the address i sent the btc.

Rkana, check ETH or you can see Lisk for example, in this case one of the escrow was his legal adviser. I'm not saying nothing against the project, it may be entirely legitimate, but it is a case of shady escrow. Examples like this are everywhere. We decided to be honest and clarify our position about it. We have said before the start of the ICO, which was our position with respect to escrow.

These examples are very clear.

serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 06:21:27 PM

Hey guys, just liek to say - looks like the next big thing, im in on the project

Game of Links

cyber~license©
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:46:07 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2016, 07:39:39 PM by wasserman99

Why no one from your Team defending the Project and only you? Also your team have no Slack where we can directly contact you.
All of this is fishy. You just trying to grab some quick cash. look at my PM and refund me. thank you.

The other two do not write in the forum, because it's my task. I am the Opair Marketing Director. But Frank has published a statement in the forum also. He has published in his personal account too: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/opair-statement-frank-h-rettig

Greetings everyone,

Due to the fact that many asked for me to create an account, here I am. In response to the first question asked I have never had an account on the forum before, but I have been a passive reader since late 2012. That is why I have never had the need of creating an account. I have created it exclusively to leave you this message. I want to confirm my involvement on this project in response to many requests. You must understand that I did not create an account when we launch Opair because my role is to lead the developing process; Wasserman is the Marketing Director.  And he is doing it very well so far. Last but not least, I wanted to clarify that I’m responsible for the ICO, and along with my team, we will be in charge of taking this ship safely to shore. Regarding my work, I’m currently working full time on a company and, along with Hao, we are splitting the tasks. Our goals are to work full time with Opair, once we have the ICO funds, and also to broaden our team. The success of that goal relies entirely on the results of the ICO, from there it is on our hands.

Please, feel free to contact me at via email if you have any questions.

Frank H. Rettig

Hallo zusammen,

da mich bereits Viele darum gebeten haben ein Konto zu eröffnen, tue ich dies nun, um hier kontaktiert werden zu können. Als Antwort auf die als erstes gestellte Frage: ich habe vorher noch nie ein Konto in diesem Forum gehabt, bin jedoch seit Ende 2012 passiver Leser. Daher gab es für mich bislang keinen Grund, ein Konto zu eröffnen. Dieses Konto habe ich nur erstellt, um diese Nachricht zu hinterlassen. Ich möchte, nachdem ich sehr viele Anfragen erhalten habe, meine Teilnahme an diesem Projekt bestätigen. Ich habe zum Zeitpunkt als Opair gelauncht wurde, kein Konto erstellt, weil es meine Aufgabe ist, den Entwicklungsprozess zu betreuen; Wasseman ist der Marketingdirektor, eine Aufgabe, die er so weit sehr gut erfüllt. Darüber hinaus möchte ich noch klarstellen, dass ich für das ICO verantwortlich bin. Gemeinsam mit meinem Team werde ich dieses Schiff sicher in den Hafen bringen. Was meinen Job angeht, arbeite ich derzeit in Vollzeit für ein anderes Unternehmen und teile mir die Aufgaben, die Opair betreffen, mit Hao. Sobald die ICO-Gelder zur Verfügung stehen, möchten wir jedoch gerne unsere gesamte Zeit in Opair investieren und ebenfalls unser Team erweitern. Der Erfolg dieses Ziels hängt voll und ganz von den Ergebnissen des ICO ab, erst danach liegt es in unseren Händen.

Bei weiteren Fragen können Sie mich gerne per E-Mail kontaktieren.

Frank H. Rettig

serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 08:09:16 PM

I think you guys should start to advertise the a bit more seriosuly while you have a small wave going on

Game of Links

cyber~license©
neolinkhati
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Premium

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:12:22 PM

Google Translator...
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:47:21 PM

Good luck with your project. No escrow = no investment.  Escrow isn't as difficult nor as expensive as you state.. But again good luck with the sale

Avalanche is a must own
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:55:13 PM

regarding the escrow debate:

I don't get why you don't simply put up an escrow. You may be right, that it doesn't have additional value, but still, people are asking for it. So why not? Even an escrow between the dev team members is an better than nothing, because it minimizes the risk of one person running away with the funds.

Additionally, the argument that you don't know the escrow guy and therefore are afraid that he_she doesn't pay out the funds is pure BS. Look, we don't know you guys. But we do know people like SebastianJu, the Bittrex guys and others, who have acted as escrow in the past and put a LOT of reputation on the line.
By using an escrow, you "outsource" the trust problem to people who have already proven themselves.

Think of it not as a "why should we, we don't see any technical advantage" argument, see it as a way to attract more investors. You can't tell me you don't want more money Wink
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:30:50 PM

OK this is the response that i got from OP about my refund:
Hi, how are you?

I think there is confusion about this. Due to the nature of our proposal, investments are not refundables, you must know that.
The other two do not write in the forum, because it's my task. I am the Opair Marketing Director. But Frank has published a statement in the forum also. He has published in your personal account: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/opair-statement-frank-h-rettig
What is your concern? We are a project with great ideas and transparent that we want to offer a new platform with previously unseen solutions.

Regards

He refused to refund me and also do not want to use an Escrow. For your Information OP, in ICO there are always refunds - so this is pure scam.
I want my refund now I dont want to participate in your ICO anymore unless you transfer the current funds to a reliable Escrow.
This guy is trying to do a run here. Be aware ! ! !

Hi,

You are mistaken, there a lot of ICOs that are non refundables, in fact, most of them are not.
We said like a million times before the ICO that we are not going to use an escrow because:
"We believe that using an escrow adds nothing to our proposal. We are going to 100% with Opair, giving our identities from the beginning, because we trust in what we do. And we risk that the escrow, which is a person we do not know, decide not to release the funds. You have to keep in mind, there were many large projects that did not use escrow given the legitimacy of its creators. On the other hand, there are many people here in the forum using fake escrow, as you well know. In short, that led us to make this decision."

and

What you said has no sense. We still need an Escrow - Please cite which large projects that did not use an Escrow and did not turn out to be a SCAM.
You can make everything up right here and stop calling Investors Post as a FUD. I Invested in your Project and if you are going to call me a FUD and not
bring verified clarification and honesty, I need a refund now. You give me a refund as you do want to use a Escrow or i call this a Scam.
You can see my Username (Rkana) in your list of investors and just refund me from the address i sent the btc.

Rkana, check ETH or you can see Lisk for example, in this case one of the escrow was his legal adviser. I'm not saying nothing against the project, it may be entirely legitimate, but it is a case of shady escrow. Examples like this are everywhere. We decided to be honest and clarify our position about it. We have said before the start of the ICO, which was our position with respect to escrow.
You cant compare your fishy project to both of ETH and LISK. At least all of their Team members were posting on their Threads and also they had videos to prove their identity.
Right here i only see you posting and one post from a Brand new account. You are really making this hard on Investors. There are reliable Escrows on this Forum so there is no
excuse for that. Also where is the Test demo of your Wallet? What have you done with project prior asking for funding? i will still take my refund.

I'm not comparing anything. These projects are now in a good position but also started from zero like us. And the escrow was quite doubtful. I mean, they had his employee as escrow, has no logic. All our rules were established publicly and before the ICO, everyone is free to invest for us or not. We are very confident with our project that we will achieve great things.
Rkana, we dont have a demo test and we never said that we had. There is much work done at this point. But nothing showable, for the status of the project and the fact that we do not want to filter anything. If we release everything done, it would be detrimental to investors. Since someone can try to copy us (like lisk-rise), before our proposal is on the market. We believe it is best to release all, once we already have our project officially launched.

Regards

wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:01:31 PM

Hi, how are you?

I think there is confusion about this. Due to the nature of our proposal, investments are not refundables, you must know that.
The other two do not write in the forum, because it's my task. I am the Opair Marketing Director. But Frank has published a statement in the forum also. He has published in your personal account: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/opair-statement-frank-h-rettig
What is your concern? We are a project with great ideas and transparent that we want to offer a new platform with previously unseen solutions.

Regards

He refused to refund me and also do not want to use an Escrow. For your Information OP, in ICO there are always refunds - so this is pure scam.
I want my refund now I dont want to participate in your ICO anymore unless you transfer the current funds to a reliable Escrow.

Hi,

You are mistaken, there a lot of ICOs that are non refundables, in fact, most of them are not.
We said like a million times before the ICO that we are not going to use an escrow because:
"We believe that using an escrow adds nothing to our proposal. We are going to 100% with Opair, giving our identities from the beginning, because we trust in what we do. And we risk that the escrow, which is a person we do not know, decide not to release the funds. You have to keep in mind, there were many large projects that did not use escrow given the legitimacy of its creators. On the other hand, there are many people here in the forum using fake escrow, as you well know. In short, that led us to make this decision."

and

Please tell me where is the problem to refund me if i do not want to participate in the ICO anymore. Everything you said about Escrow is pure BS. There are reliable
Escrow on this Forum and most legit Project use Escrow. Please point me in your OP where you stated you will not use Escrow. All I know is, you are trying to scam here.
Refund my money that all im asking.

Rkana, you can read in our first post in the FAQ section.

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:03:10 PM

Hi, how are you?

Regards

So you invest knowing that they aren't using escrow, then all of a sudden it becomes a problem for you? or did you not read about the escrow until now?
I did not know they are not using Escrow. If i knew i wouldn't invest. As any other investor, usually ICOs have an Escrow and i dont know why this project cant just get one.
Also stop defending them unless you are part of this Scam yourself. I see too many sockpuppet accounts chilling this fishy project.
Where is the problem to refund an Investor who dont want to participate anymore? It is not like I receive the Coins and now want a refund.

Funny enough I thought "No ICO I know of did refunds", then I realized that the reason is the fact that most ICOs I know of use escrow. Checkmate Tongue
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:05:13 PM

We have already set up our slack (https://opair.slack.com/), anyone who wants to participate can request an invitation to opair@openmailbox.org.

Hoping to hear from you!

coinmenace

Activity: 882

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:15:43 PM

FUD already started and the project is just in its 1st week of ICO. lol.

All the investors that want to invest in any ICO / cryptocurrency SHOULD always do their own research first before investing anything in this high-risk, high-reward game. Don't just invest you precious BTC because you saw another ICO and there's early investor bonus (25% for this one) and you want to take that. Research, investigate, ask FIRST before investing. Not invest first then ask questions later.
vlight

Activity: 656

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:09:53 PM

You are mistaken. People on this forum trust a reliable escrow more than you. So it's only your loss if you don't use it. If you want to get more funds, use escrow. Personally, i would rather risk an established escrow running away with my funds, then some unknown devs. It may sound harsh for you, but that's the reality.
BasementRot

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:18:13 PM

If you look at the stats, you can see that the investment rate is rapidly slowing.
I suggest you provide more of a connection to the team so people can see they are real. Maybe that will help.
I also suggest you have someone figure out a way to make people feel like their money is going to a legit entity, not just a bitcoin address.

2 weeks from now you may be certain that the ICO isn't going to raise nearly enough money. Maybe you should have a plan B that includes a reputable escrow company. Or a bank account with legal binding contracts or something?

I invested in Opair and I really hope you reach your ICO goals!
penniless1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:34:12 PM

Co-signing what everyone in the thread has said re: escrow and more communication.  I am hopeful so tossed a fiver in the hat, but that could have been more with more presence.  Max has this for Lisk, Vitalik has it for Ethereum.

As a marketing stooge, I would advise at least:
1. Youtube videos/interviews on a weekly-biweekly basis during this ICO.  At least thank supporters publicly;
2. Livestream/Twitch yourself(ves?) responding to questions on slack or something;
3. Consider putting out more about design considerations, e.g. why OCaml if it does not perfectly support your desires?
4. Maybe connect directly with big supporters and see if any would want to publicly support Opair, (e.g. the 15BTC donation);
5. Offer escrow or auto-refund function or confirm what will happen if project fails to meet 700BTC.

Everything is new 24/7 nowadays and Kickstarter projects flop all the time.  Right now this is on the level of a Kickstarter - you may get to 700 but it sure looks blurry right now.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:37:57 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2016, 11:47:58 PM by Vagnavs

After doing some checking..

Such as the domain name registrant being

https://www.anonymousspeech.com/

Using cloud flare and open mailbox.

These are typically things used by Nefarious people/groups.. Not sure why such privacy is needed..

Avalanche is a must own
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: