Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:34:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127601 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptobart

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:51:58 PM

I think we need a deadline for launching the wallet and list in exchange. If you claim you are not scam, prove it!

Instead of arguing with the phase 2 fund, please show some dev progress?

ICONOMI — Fund Management Platform ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
looking4thegrail

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:55:45 PM

I think we need a deadline for launching the wallet and list in exchange. If you claim you are not scam, prove it!

Whether he's a scam or not, he can't distribute coins to phase 2 users because then they could get coins and get the refund of their BTC so fastest way to settle this would be to only distribute phase 1, get on an exchange with a good price and phase 2 users would demand that sebastianju release the BTC to Wasserman so they could get their XPO.
cryptobart

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:59:35 PM

Whether he's a scam or not, he can't distribute coins to phase 2 users because then they could get coins and get the refund of their BTC so fastest way to settle this would be to only distribute phase 1, get on an exchange with a good price and phase 2 users would demand that sebastianju release the BTC to Wasserman so they could get their XPO.

Be honest, at this point I am not hoping to get listed in any exchange.

looking4thegrail

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:02:17 PM

You mean you're phase 2 and you want a refund? Why wouldn't you want a coin you're invested in to be listed on an exchange at a price higher than what you paid? That's something everyone wants.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:02:48 PM

You're making this too complex like wasserman does. It's possible to distribute all coins.
Then the users who want to be refunded just contact SJ and send back their XPO for their BTC (matching BTC addresses should be fairly easy).
Once opair hits exchange(s) the refund process is over and no one can request BTC refund.
As simple as that...
Dank Frank

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:04:36 PM

That is BS, SebastianJu will never refund btc when XPO is given out. Don't let wasserman put such ideas in your head.

SebastianJu is a well known trusted escrow!
cryptobart

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:05:04 PM

You mean you're phase 2 and you want a refund? Why wouldn't you want a coin you're invested in to be listed on an exchange at a price higher than what you paid? That's something everyone wants.

I of course want that, but it looks to me that it's just a scam no dev whatsoever, I hope I am wrong.

cryptobart

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:05:58 PM

That is BS, SebastianJu will never refund btc when XPO is given out. Don't let wasserman put such ideas in your head.

SebastianJu is a well known trusted escrow!

At this point, I trust Sebastian.

cryptobart

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:08:33 PM

there are so many good projects, I think I will simply get refund if possible.

looking4thegrail

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:14:25 PM

You're making this too complex like wasserman does. It's possible to distribute all coins.
Then the users who want to be refunded just contact SJ and send back their XPO for their BTC (matching BTC addresses should be fairly easy).
Once opair hits exchange(s) the refund process is over and no one can request BTC refund.
As simple as that...

Sounds good to me, except for the exchange part, which doesn't make sense if it's a bad exchange. Wasserman and SebastianJu, do you agree to that? SebastianJu would give phase 2 users who want a refund an XPO address to send their coins and then once coins are sent, they would get a refund. The refund option would be open for 2 weeks or a month, whatever is agreed upon. And maybe some extra conditions could be that beta wallet has to be launched and it has to be on Bittrex. If conditions met, all BTC released. That would a great solution for all.
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:16:58 PM

As simple as that...

Yes, this option, the community plan, and others are great idea but, at this point, we need the confirmation of SJ that he would accept that. We only ask to SJ to accept any plan. He has most of the funds, if not reach an prior agreement he could change his mind at any time and decide anything.

Another problem is the slowness of SJ to respond. I'm tired of sending private messages to him and not responding.

As all of you, we want a solution as soon as possible.

Regards

tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:27:37 PM

As simple as that...

Yes, this option, the community plan, and others are great idea but, at this point, we need the confirmation of SJ that he would accept that. We only ask to SJ to accept any plan. He has most of the funds, if not reach an prior agreement he could change his mind at any time and decide anything.

Another problem is the slowness of SJ to respond. I'm tired of sending private messages to him and not responding.

Regards
I fully agreed . we need SJ to come here for accepting this proposal or not? He keeps silent for what? WE NEED SJ TO BE HERE
iudica

Activity: 704
Merit: 559

online justice

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 06:31:47 PM

I don't know the hassle. If you (wasserman) bored about the slow response, do something useful, maybe programming your wallet.

It's not SJ mistake, that you start without escrow and not his mistake, that you didn't set the rules clear at the beginning. I wrote already, that this lazy escrowing will cause problems. You should have read it instead of just deleting it.

Not fair to blame a guy, how saved your ass.

I understand that SJ don't believe in this so to say community agreement. And if you are short in money, why you don't sell one of your socket puppets?

Dank Frank

Activity: 406

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:35:41 PM

As simple as that...

Regards

I don't want a solution about the escrow funds at this point anymore, clearly as you can read most of the people here want you guys to go to work, deliver some proof of work and pay out all the bounties. You state too many times you could go to work with just the ICO phase 1 coins. So do that!

Stop putting words in our mouths like we all agree with you, the trust in opair is long gone here. Time to rebuild that don't you think?

SebastianJu has way more experience with ICO's then you have and he is handling this the right way.

He pm'd me he want to see some proof of work from you guys with the coins you already have and you just refuse to deliver, why is that?

It's so simple and you make it so difficult.
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:41:02 PM

Dank, again, if SJ want to see some development before release the funds its OK!!!!! But why he dont accept a plan that includes delivering the work before releasing the funds. He does not accept anything. A plan like this:
I don't see where is the problem. Simple

You received 60 BTC which is a lot in stage 1. That should get you a head-start and to get trust from investors :

1. Pay the bounties from stage 1 you will be left with more than 50 BTC
2. Release the wallet and distribute the coins if you think you got much less than you wanted well that's a risk every developer has to accommodate sometimes less is more in crypto ( a lot of now sucessful projects even started as a joke and are now in top 50 coins without any starting funds) apart from that I'm OK if you take that 9% that was reserved for PoW as development fund and that should give you motivation for your project to be properly developed.

Now for the escrow :

1. You get 20% of escrow when you distribute coins and post working basic wallet along with source (that's additional 15-18 BTC I don't know how much was raised in stage 2 )
2. You get 20% when you list it on Bittrex and not some shitty exchange (3 BTC listing fee will get you additional 15 BTC for development)

You are still left with more than 80 BTC (stage1+stage2) you can start developing the wallet you promised.

3. You get 20% when you release wallet you promised (beta one)
4. You get 40% when it's functional (I'm not saying smart contracts, debit cards, ... ) but that it is stable

We agree with this but we only want the confirmation from SJ.

Regards

cryptobart

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:41:10 PM

As simple as that...

Regards

I don't want a solution about the escrow funds at this point anymore, clearly as you can read most of the people here want you guys to go to work, deliver some proof of work and pay out all the bounties. You state too many times you could go to work with just the ICO phase 1 coins. So do that!

Stop putting words in our mouths like we all agree with you, the trust in opair is long gone here. Time to rebuild that don't you think?

SebastianJu has way more experience with ICO's then you have and he is handling this the right way.

He pm'd me he want to see some proof of work from you guys with the coins you already have and you just refuse to deliver, why is that?

Well said! Please do some actually work and show us progress!

coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:46:42 PM

As simple as that...

Regards

Agree that dev should start coding and making sure whatever in the roadmap is delivered. Start commiting code in github and work on the whitepaper. And its a good time for CEO Frank (if he even exists) to come out and decide on the direction.
penniless1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:47:18 PM

I fully agreed . we need SJ to come here for accepting this proposal or not? He keeps silent for what? WE NEED SJ TO BE HERE

No.  You don't need SJ.  He's doing his job, much like any decent escrow company: nag and push and demand deadlines or explanations of delays and recommend solutions to both parties.  That money is under him and up to the phase 2 investors to discuss with him. When word is bond is job, SJ has a right to be more tightfisted than my Depression-Era grandmother with a riot outside her pottery stall, so don't expect to drag him out.  Move on.

You need an interim plan right now.

You have ~60BTC (@USD575 = USD34,500 = my first annual salary) under your own control.  Take these steps:
1. Pay all remaining bounties, i.e. signature campaign;
2. Get a qt wallet out for public download;
3. Issue coins and set up the mining pools, rigs, dev funds etc.
4. Code the OCaml wallet and project map the debit card.  A benighted, full-fledged, oversized Gantt chart in Microsoft Project format of a project plan at that.  Dates, crunch periods, resource allocation, all that stuff.
5. After all the above, send the debit card project plans to SJ for negotiation.

The last thing your investors or doubters should have to see is the Opair team attempt to justify their earlier escrow stance by calling out SJ to agree to plans.  Hell, as a team you're lucky he even dealt with you with as few details as you provided publicly.
looking4thegrail

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:51:02 PM

No.  You don't need SJ.  He's doing his job, much like any decent escrow company: nag and push and demand deadlines or explanations of delays and recommend solutions to both parties.  That money is under him and up to the phase 2 investors to discuss with him. When word is bond is job, SJ has a right to be more tightfisted than my Depression-Era grandmother with a riot outside her pottery stall, so don't expect to drag him out.  Move on.

You need an interim plan right now.

You have ~60BTC (@USD575 = USD34,500 = my first annual salary) under your own control.  Take these steps:
1. Pay all remaining bounties, i.e. signature campaign;
2. Get a qt wallet out for public download;
3. Issue coins and set up the mining pools, rigs, dev funds etc.
4. Code the OCaml wallet and project map the debit card.  A benighted, full-fledged, oversized Gantt chart in Microsoft Project format of a project plan at that.  Dates, crunch periods, resource allocation, all that stuff.
5. After all the above, send the debit card project plans to SJ for negotiation.

The last thing your investors or doubters should have to see is the Opair team attempt to justify their earlier escrow stance by calling out SJ to agree to plans.  Hell, as a team you're lucky he even dealt with you with as few details as you provided publicly.

He actually can't do most of this.
He can write the whitepaper, commit code, and pay bounties though
penniless1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:59:46 PM

He actually can't do most of this.
He can write the whitepaper, commit code, and pay bounties though

Why can't Opair release all phase 2 XPO to SJ, as escrow?  It's what happens in real estate nowadays, isn't it?
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: