Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:31:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127601 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rkana

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

RK Coin Services - Alt Coins Dev (ETH-BTC & More)

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:15:57 PM

Where is the wallet? I need my ICO Coins.  Angry

I Do COIN SERVICES (WEB JsWALLET + INSIGHT EXPLORER | ELECTRUM)
I Can Make You an ETH OR BTC ALTCOIN And OTHER COIN DEVELOPMENT - PM Me For More Info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dank Frank

Activity: 406

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:43:39 PM

Where is the wallet? I need my ICO Coins.  Angry

There isn't gonna be a wallet. They refuse to make one so do they refuse to pay out signature bounties.

They keep crying over a agreement for the escrow funds. Any one in his right mind would had just started. But not the open and fair opair team.
termion

Activity: 910
Merit: 533

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:50:38 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 12:19:57 AM by termion

Some of the investors of the second phase - not bitcointalk forum and they do not care to escrow. Only BTC forum users got escrowed in phase 2 - IT NO correct !!!   It was a lot of advertising on other sites  
Some investors may not be aware of escrow - and bitcointalk ... How about them?Huh

If there is a distribution -  investors will not be able return on investment...  Distribution -  according to shares . If someone refund own investment - the shares of the remaining increase proportionally - and the number of coins too...

If anyone refund investment - he is obliged to return the coins - but he can not do it...

Maybe,  solution is to launch the wallet WITHOUT  distribution - EMPTY WALLET - SHELL WALLET ?
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:15:32 PM

Some investors may not be aware of escrow - and bitcointalk ... How about them?Huh

That was probably that 13 BTC which wasserman forwarded to escrow adress so in vote power its just 20% of all.
So btt people were sending directly to escrow that was about 65BTC i was checking last minutes.

And those guys who were sending to escrow then escrow will forward back that BTC to wasserman Cheesy
becouse wasserman owns that address.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
luis77

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:44:14 PM

PLEASE when you reach any solution please put it on the first page of this thread or it the Opair site to not have to read 2-3 pages all days with the same shit...

asil

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:12:26 PM

Just a thought, but are there any OCAML devs in the community?

I'm an OCaml dev, and wiling to help if I can and if this project turns to be legit. The idea in itself is quite good. Functional programming languages such as OCaml are indeed less prone to bugs, and more friendly to static analysis. Ultimately, it could mean: more robust smart contracts, less attack vectors, less drama...

I'd be happy to read a technical whitepaper, or at least detailed explanations, on how the dev team plans to achieve the goal. IMHO, as I understood the partial information given in the OP, such development requires an enormous amount of work. Developing a whole compiler backend for a new blockchain tech is not trivial, and serious skills are necessary.

My take on the matter is that it would be interesting to consider leveraging existing blockchains and OCaml tools. For example, one could start from Lisk, and use OCaml-to-Javascript compilers (such as js_of_ocaml) to achieve a similar goal to what is suggested in the OP. Some work would still be required, obviously, but it would be much more realistic with few resources available (small team, modest funding).
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:15:54 PM

Just a thought, but are there any OCAML devs in the community?

I'm an OCaml dev, and wiling to help if I can and if this project turns to be legit. The idea in itself is quite good. Functional programming languages such as OCaml are indeed less prone to bugs, and more friendly to static analysis. Ultimately, it could mean: more robust smart contracts, less attack vectors, less drama...

I'd be happy to read a technical whitepaper, or at least detailed explanations, on how the dev team plans to achieve the goal. IMHO, as I understood the partial information given in the OP, such development requires an enormous amount of work. Developing a whole compiler backend for a new blockchain tech is not trivial, and serious skills are necessary.

My take on the matter is that it would be interesting to consider leveraging existing blockchains and OCaml tools. For example, one could start from Lisk, and use OCaml-to-Javascript compilers (such as js_of_ocaml) to achieve a similar goal to what is suggested in the OP. Some work would still be required, obviously, but it would be much more realistic with few resources available (small team, modest funding).
This is exactly the kind of thing i was hoping to read when I asked if community has any OCAML devs Smiley
My question, when using a JS to OCAML converter, is it possible new errors and attack vectors may be introduced?
asil

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:40:45 PM

My question, when using a JS to OCAML converter, is it possible new errors and attack vectors may be introduced?
Some analysis of the Javascript produced by the compiler would be needed to ensure everything is fine. But once this work is done, we would be very confident that no smart contract written in OCaml can escape the scope of the produced Javascript, which is quite small. Not the whole Javascript language is used, just a subset. And since the compilation is automated, and predictable, the final effect would be to restrict the spectrum of possible attacks compared to human-written Javascript, not widen it.

A “pure” OCaml solution would be even better, but it would require lots of resources to ensure this is done correctly. So, I'd rather choose to trust the smart people who already put huge efforts in developing existing tools. And if, in the end, the project is a success and you gather the necessary resources, you can still rewrite everything in OCaml, with virtually no work to port the existing smart contracts to the new blockchain.
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:57:47 AM

Some analysis of the Javascript produced by the compiler would be needed to ensure everything is fine. But once this work is done, we would be very confident that no smart contract written in OCaml can escape the scope of the produced Javascript, which is quite small. Not the whole Javascript language is used, just a subset. And since the compilation is automated, and predictable, the final effect would be to restrict the spectrum of possible attacks compared to human-written Javascript, not widen it.

A “pure” OCaml solution would be even better, but it would require lots of resources to ensure this is done correctly. So, I'd rather choose to trust the smart people who already put huge efforts in developing existing tools. And if, in the end, the project is a success and you gather the necessary resources, you can still rewrite everything in OCaml, with virtually no work to port the existing smart contracts to the new blockchain.

Brilliant! In no way was I trying to say errors would happen, I was simply unsure as I only have a very basic knowledge of JS and absolutely none of OCAML. Thank you for your well-written description, and I definately +1 to your idea Smiley
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 01:02:06 AM

Hello everyone, I received alot of pm's regarding the current case. Suggestions and around 10 or so refund requests. No forwarding request yet.

Well, the situation is at a stop now. Wasserman99 seems to not wanting to deliver something worthy of the coins he already holds. Which is alot of coins.

In any case we need a solution. How about making a timeframe of two weeks from the day we have an agreement settled. This should be sufficient time for investors to check for the status of the coin and make a decision.

The problem is that if wasserman99 would release the coins now to ico 1 investors then I either would have to refund all ico 2 users or forward all coins of users that do want a refund. The latter is no real choice. The reason is that they could hedge against the price of the coin otherwise. Ask for a refund with the coin price drops or ask for the coins when they rise in value.

If wasserman99 sends coins before that timeframe to ico 1 then a refund to ico 2 has to happen to not make it possible to force a forwarding.
If coins are sent to ico 1 and 2 then still ico 2 bitcoins has to be refunded for the same reason.

What happens with the coins of investors that do not make a choice? Well, forwarding might be the way to go if investors do not care about their investment in all this time. Refunding might be another but in any case, no choice can be offered then anymore. Since investors did invest and have a choice to choose to divest then the Libra would be in favor to forward the remaining coins. Because they invested before.

I will not give a suggestion on what investors should do. Everything investors of phase 2 can do is check everything that was said.

Please inform me if there is a weakness in my suggestion.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
BasementRot

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 05:51:02 AM

Wasserman needs to speak up and tell us what his milestones are going to be. Then we can talk about assigning value to them and work on a real agreement.

Phase 2 people must decide if they want in or out before anyone gets coins. This will take some time, since they can't decide until Wasserman agrees to deliver.

Once coins are delivered, everyone is locked in (for reasons already explained). But if wasserman failed to deliver the software then remaining locked Opair funds would need to be spread evenly to stage 1 and 2 investors. Since stage 2 investors would have gotten their Opair coin and already had the option to dump them, it would be too late for a full refund.

@Wasserman - Exactly what features are you going to eventually deliver with the entire ICO fund? We need to know to make an agreement.
alt2

Activity: 352
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 05:57:43 AM

...it stands for Open and Fair which are the two key elements that we seek to fulfill:

Open Project: The code and our new language will be documented, open source and it will be found at Github.

Fair Distribution: We have been analyzing the last ICO´s and we realized that the distribution is not as fair as it should be...

Open and Fair ahaha megalol  Grin Grin
frankmb

Activity: 308

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:51:25 AM

This is really the weirdest ICO ever. What is wrong with you Opair?  Undecided
looking4thegrail

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:27:42 PM

Wasserman, are you communicating with SJ?
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:43:47 PM

This is really the weirdest ICO ever. What is wrong with you Opair?  Undecided

+1
Straight from the twilight zone

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:49:50 PM

Grin Grin Grin
2016-09-05 12:49:50 github have no code
nothings code things
why no one care
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:11:15 PM

Hello everyone, I received alot of pm's regarding the current case. Suggestions and around 10 or so refund requests. No forwarding request yet.

Well, the situation is at a stop now. Wasserman99 seems to not wanting to deliver something worthy of the coins he already holds. Which is alot of coins.

In any case we need a solution. How about making a timeframe of two weeks from the day we have an agreement settled. This should be sufficient time for investors to check for the status of the coin and make a decision.

The problem is that if wasserman99 would release the coins now to ico 1 investors then I either would have to refund all ico 2 users or forward all coins of users that do want a refund. The latter is no real choice. The reason is that they could hedge against the price of the coin otherwise. Ask for a refund with the coin price drops or ask for the coins when they rise in value.

If wasserman99 sends coins before that timeframe to ico 1 then a refund to ico 2 has to happen to not make it possible to force a forwarding.
If coins are sent to ico 1 and 2 then still ico 2 bitcoins has to be refunded for the same reason.

What happens with the coins of investors that do not make a choice? Well, forwarding might be the way to go if investors do not care about their investment in all this time. Refunding might be another but in any case, no choice can be offered then anymore. Since investors did invest and have a choice to choose to divest then the Libra would be in favor to forward the remaining coins. Because they invested before.

I will not give a suggestion on what investors should do. Everything investors of phase 2 can do is check everything that was said.

Hi,

It's good to read you. For our part we agree with this and have intentions to reach an agreement. We expect more information from you about the content of the agreement.

Regards

YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:15:26 PM

Hi,

It's good to read you. For our part we agree with this and have intentions to reach an agreement. We expect more information from you about the content of the agreement.

Regards

You might wanna reach an agreement as soon as possible because the investors demand to see some kind of progress, and when will you release the wallet? what about exchanges? those things should have been done until now.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 01:48:15 PM

Hello just wanted to confirm why is there 2 phase of ico? I Thought its only 1 ico since the start?

Thanks
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:53:09 PM

Hello just wanted to confirm why is there 2 phase of ico? I Thought its only 1 ico since the start?

Thanks
the first phase just sent to dev (early time  have not escrow)
the second phase after someday have escrow
all at the Ico time
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: