Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:33:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127601 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:19:34 PM

XbladeX,

We already give our position. We dont want the funds of the second phase now, we only want an agreement, because we cant start to work without clear rules about the other funds. We must avoid future problems. We have already proposed several plans, and, even, agree with a lot of the plans proposed by the community as you can see in my last messages.

Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:27:39 PM

So, I have been watching this thread for a few pages now (after investing early in the ICO). I made 2 deposits, and currently 'own' a small bag of ~10,000 XPO. (being transparent before sharing my opinion)

From what I see:
-There is dispute over the remaining funds kept in escrow
-These funds WILL NOT be released until progress is shown (basic wallet, xpo release , etc)
-Bounties are unpaid 'waiting on funds'
-Dev currently hold ~60 BTC, which the community believes is enough to begin development and release basic features
-Tensions are rising with some investors, due to 'lack of decision', and some are prepared to ask for refund
-SJ(escrow) is playing it smart and waiting on a clear plan for releasing funds.

So, what can we possibly do in the situation? We have many suggestions, from many different 'levels' of people ...1st round investors, 2nd round investors, helpful 'outsiders' or non-investors, and maybe a few trolls

My thought, Developers, escrow, and (as an example) top 10 investors need to get on a hangouts conference or skype or whatever, and take this straight back to the start.
-Step 1 - send all funds not in escrow to SJ, minus the outstanding bounties, which need to be paid out to those waiting
-Step 2 - Before any funds are released, A full whitepaper, with general timeline needs to be released with approx cost of each step
-Step 3 - A minimal amount of escrowed funds are released to begin development of wallet, also refund any investors who cant wait
-Step 4 - Continue as per whitepaper.

I understand this will delay release by a fair bit of time, however I believe accepting that this began in error and fixing these issues would bring a lot more respect and trust to the project.

Just my 2 sats worth
Foex

Activity: 432

Bitrated user: Foex.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2016, 03:37:19 PM

So, I have been watching this thread for a few pages now (after investing early in the ICO). I made 2 deposits, and currently 'own' a small bag of ~10,000 XPO. (being transparent before sharing my opinion)

From what I see:
-These funds WILL NOT be released until progress is shown (basic wallet, xpo release , etc)
-Dev currently hold ~60 BTC, which the community believes is enough to begin development and release basic features
-Tensions are rising with some investors, due to 'lack of decision', and some are prepared to ask for refund
-SJ(escrow) is playing it smart and waiting on a clear plan for releasing funds.

So, what can we possibly do in the situation? We have many suggestions, from many different 'levels' of people ...1st round investors, 2nd round investors, helpful 'outsiders' or non-investors, and maybe a few trolls

My thought, Developers, escrow, and (as an example) top 10 investors need to get on a hangouts conference or skype or whatever, and take this straight back to the start.
-Step 1 - send all funds not in escrow to SJ, minus the outstanding bounties, which need to be paid out to those waiting

-Step 2 - Before any funds are released, A full whitepaper, with general timeline needs to be released with approx cost of each step
-Step 3 - A minimal amount of escrowed funds are released to begin development of wallet, also refund any investors who cant wait

I understand this will delay release by a fair bit of time, however I believe accepting that this began in error and fixing these issues would bring a lot more respect and trust to the project.

Just my 2 sats worth

Even I have went  through the entire fiasco surrounding OPAIR. Well, the text which I highlighted in bold, wasserman have concerns over the developer identity. I dont know why, but he said some investors threatened him, so he was not comfortable with that.

About the escrow part, I dont think he will transfer the first part to ESCROW, if I am correct.

But that suggested by you, I think it makes sense. Atleast, the whole hype around scam thing will put to rest, if we can see the whitepaper as well as a hangout with the developers

0xdB9A9D39B17F1223BF590a3F9D1FC7f2058eB111
Dank Frank

Activity: 406

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:37:54 PM

@l8nit3 if you could sign a message to one of your addresses you used to deposit with and send your opair deposit address as proof of investment to SebastianJu or any reaL proof you could provide, he wants to hear investors opinion phase 1 or 2 doesn't matter. If you are willing to of course.
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:38:56 PM

From what I see:

Just my 2 sats worth

I agree, the best proposal so far.
menace.bit

Activity: 457

Generation Blockchain.

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:44:14 PM

From what I see:

Just my 2 sats worth

All observations are on point. And agree with the suggestions to move forward. I'll add 2 sats to that.  Wink

And to add - CEO Frank (whoever he is) should start showing involvement in the project. Open and Fair!
Lazarus2016

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:55:50 PM

XbladeX,

We already give our position. We dont want the funds of the second phase now, we only want an agreement, because we cant start to work without clear rules about the other funds. We must avoid future problems. We have already proposed several plans, and, even, agree with a lot of the plans proposed by the community as you can see in my last messages.

Regards

I've launch my coin and I have funds of 3 BTC, if you cannot start working on your coin before the funds are being released then you should not have started a coin in the first place.
tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:02:19 PM

XbladeX,

Regards

I've launch my coin and I have funds of 3 BTC, if you cannot start working on your coin before the funds are being released then you should not have started a coin in the first place.

Do you read his comment? he does not need the 2nd phase funds,  He just needs SJ idea about the proposal community - not about releasing funds. that's all
Dank Frank

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:04:38 PM

XbladeX,

Regards

+1 good job Lazarus2016 Smiley
l8nit3
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:05:35 PM

@l8nit3 if you could sign a message to one of your addresses you used to deposit with and send your opair deposit address as proof of investment to SebastianJu or any reaL proof you could provide, he wants to hear investors opinion phase 1 or 2 doesn't matter. If you are willing to of course.
Unfortunately both of my deposits were made from exchanges, so signing a message from there will be tough. However Id be more then happy to provide the 2 transaction ID's aswell as screen shots from my exchange account showig the same tx id's, or anything else that may help

https://blockchain.info/tx/9178573a54755a0787ca3be8f0d7259055dce0212d3b12ee36442e17cc7bf7d6
https://blockchain.info/tx/2c1ea590f0ddbc863a85ab7698522dbd64e34394341e5e4390ba73fe388a3a59

Foex

Activity: 432

Bitrated user: Foex.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2016, 04:07:18 PM

XbladeX,

Regards

Do you read his comment? he does not need the 2nd phase funds,  He just needs SJ idea about the proposal community - not about releasing funds. that's all

SJ is just waiting to see some code or anything before he can agree on a proposal, I think. Best is for wasserman to start working.

0xdB9A9D39B17F1223BF590a3F9D1FC7f2058eB111
Dank Frank

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:13:33 PM

Unfortunately both of my deposits were made from exchanges, so signing a message from there will be tough. However Id be more then happy to provide the 2 transaction ID's aswell as screen shots from my exchange account showig the same tx id's, or anything else that may help

~snip~

No need to post it here, you could pm it to SebastianJu, maybe it is enough. He doesn't care for comments here since he doesn't know who are investors or just trolls.
l8nit3
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:14:49 PM

Just a thought, but are there any OCAML devs in the community? I only write basic python or I would offer my assistance. Maybe, if we can begin some development or get a community driven base set up for wasserman and truly show interest in the project It will help to push the project forward.
From watching ICO's, and other ALT releases, I've noticed it can be very depressing for a dev to deal with some of the fudders and trolls (even though it's occasionally needed.)

BTW I do realize that I'm suggesting we do some of his work for him, in a roundabout way.

edit
DankFrank, I sent it to SJ aswell
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:27:09 PM

(snip)

(snip)

Looks like it's considerably less now:

https://blockchain.info/de/address/1MtzCZpBLqmLNSEjoAxbLv2zCcAvrKyHm9

Dank Frank

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:50:14 PM

Just a thought, but are there any OCAML devs in the community? I only write basic python or I would offer my assistance. Maybe, if we can begin some development or get a community driven base set up for wasserman and truly show interest in the project It will help to push the project forward.
From watching ICO's, and other ALT releases, I've noticed it can be very depressing for a dev to deal with some of the fudders and trolls (even though it's occasionally needed.)

BTW I do realize that I'm suggesting we do some of his work for him, in a roundabout way.

edit

I only know PHP and JAVA.
There's supposed to be 2 devs, that should be enough.

(snip)

(snip)

There are still BTC65  in the wallet, but everytime a small transaction is done approx BTC1 is send to another address which is still part of the wallet.
cowboys

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:05:35 PM

let the dev create something.  isn't that the point of all this? long-term Huh instead of just dumping coins....
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:49:48 PM

edit

I only know PHP and JAVA.
There's supposed to be 2 devs, that should be enough.

(snip)

(snip)

There are still BTC65  in the wallet, but everytime a small transaction is done approx BTC1 is send to another address which is still part of the wallet.

Huh… Yeah, the movement didn't look malicious. But why is it the way it is? Is that a special setting or something? I don't see why that makes sense.
Figatko

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:04:58 PM

In case of refund and if smb sent from exchange (me too), I have a good idea. You can abandon your account and send login and password to SJ. He will see the according withdrawals. At least in my case they are the last, he will see at once. Worse if somebody made a lot of withdrawals and he has to look through a long list.
Will that be enough?
oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:20:32 PM

XbladeX,

Regards

Better start to pack things up, I got my funds on phase 1 ICO and I wont deny that Im feeling not good with it. Could you atleast start showing us something that you are currently working on?staying silent in the dark is not helping at all, we want atleast a proof that development is made
BasementRot

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:24:40 PM

Wasserman99, You said you need an agreement.

Tell us your milestones so we can talk about the values to assign to them!
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: