Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:22:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127601 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:02:29 AM

We have already set up our slack (https://opair.slack.com/), anyone who wants to participate can request an invitation to opair@openmailbox.org.

Hoping to hear from you!

Can you make the Slack invite automated?

About the escrow part, how about you do a community vote? If you do use escrow, Opair will probably get a significant amount of more funds making any escrow fees insignificant. Also, for the other projects, 1/3 of the key to the funds was controlled by a guy related to the ICO but 2/3 was not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:05:14 AM

If you look at the stats, you can see that the investment rate is rapidly slowing.
I suggest you provide more of a connection to the team so people can see they are real. Maybe that will help.
I also suggest you have someone figure out a way to make people feel like their money is going to a legit entity, not just a bitcoin address.

2 weeks from now you may be certain that the ICO isn't going to raise nearly enough money. Maybe you should have a plan B that includes a reputable escrow company. Or a bank account with legal binding contracts or something?

I invested in Opair and I really hope you reach your ICO goals!

The amount invested will naturally slow down until the day of the 20% bonus and last day of the ICO (as seen with Stratis).

Other than that, I agree with you.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:10:40 AM

If you look at the stats, you can see that the investment rate is rapidly slowing.
I suggest you provide more of a connection to the team so people can see they are real. Maybe that will help.
I also suggest you have someone figure out a way to make people feel like their money is going to a legit entity, not just a bitcoin address.

2 weeks from now you may be certain that the ICO isn't going to raise nearly enough money. Maybe you should have a plan B that includes a reputable escrow company. Or a bank account with legal binding contracts or something?

The amount invested will naturally slow down until the day of the 20% bonus and last day of the ICO (as seen with Stratis).

lol. Please don't compare this project to Stratis.  It's night and day. 
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:22:50 AM

lol. Please don't compare this project to Stratis.  It's night and day.  

I'm comparing this project to other ICOs that have team members more trusted than Opair does. Stratis is just an example; you can observe these trends in other ICOs also.
animalroam
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:26:54 AM

What is so special about your project to no use an escrow? and the way you have no refund option prove many things.
Right now this project is red flagged as a fishy project and scam.

I agree with the fact that they need to add escrow, but I haven't seen any ICOs allow refunds besides Elastic, and that coin only did so in the first few weeks. No refunds is perfectly fine as they didn't change their terms, but in order to get more potential investors, the team should strongly consider using escrow.

The problem I have with wasserman's statement is that they haven't given their "identities from the beginning". In order to prove yourself more legitimate, host a hangouts session or prove your identity in some other way. The latter part of that statement is also illogical for reasons already stated.
vanBlack

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:27:51 AM

I hope it will be something very good)
So i`m in)
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:12:08 AM

What is so special about your project to no use an escrow? and the way you have no refund option prove many things.
Right now this project is red flagged as a fishy project and scam.

I agree with the fact that they need to add escrow, but I haven't seen any ICOs allow refunds besides Elastic, and that coin only did so in the first few weeks. No refunds is perfectly fine as they didn't change their terms, but in order to get more potential investors, the team should strongly consider using escrow.

The problem I have with wasserman's statement is that they haven't given their "identities from the beginning". In order to prove yourself more legitimate, host a hangouts session or prove your identity in some other way. The latter part of that statement is also illogical for reasons already stated.

+1, OP refused to show the personal info about 2 devs, no interview, no face recognition and no escrow, lol, a very bad scam.
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:35:32 AM

I want to comment a couple things:

1) We are exploring the possibility of using an escrow for the remaining period of ICO. When we decide something we will put them on top.

2) You are killing the project with all this drama. The funds we collect will be used entirely for our project. If you are exaggerating the whole thing and accusing without evidence, you will be responsible for killing a legitimate project. That is, there are people in the forum who want us out of the field, before we have not even begun.

3) In our thread we believe in the free expression of users, only three comments have been moderated since the creation of it. Then there are many comments from people who think like us or not and obviously have not been moderated in favor of free speech. In the same way, in our FAQ section, since the beginning of this thread, we have established a rule that when users made FUD without justifiacion, only for undermine the health of the project, that comments would be moderated.
This is the case of the user "Rkana" therefore we decided to delete all of his comments as to he made allegations about things that were already cleared long ago. Like the fact that we decided to dont use escrow or that funds are not refundable. It is understandable that an outsider may not like our rules and decide not to invest, we do not force anyone, they're all adults here. That's why we all clear on our first message so that everyone can choose whether to invest or not in us. The fact choose, so far, no use escrow does not make us neither better nor worse but different, we want to make that clear. Returning to user I'm talking about, besides that he should read our rules before investing, we have clarified their doubts each time he wrote here but still insists and accusing us of scam by points clarified in our first message well before the ICO, with which his accusations are meaningless.
For now that's all and "Rkana" if you still want to continue discussing here you can do it if you talk with respect and without insulting for things that were already clarified, we will not allow your insults/FUD because we must defend the interests of our investors and the health of our project. But you're free to go to any other section of the forum and start a thread againt us (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570330).

4) A user has threatened us by private message, so he was banned from our thread. We will not allow this.

Regards

wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:47:56 AM

ICO Update - Day Four

Members: 198
Number of investments: 99
Amount invested: 61.18 BTC

Actual bonus (until August 3): - Users participating in the campaign the first week (but not the first two days) will receive 20% bonus.

Perryl

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:29:31 AM

Cheap coins tend to do better on the market than "expensive" ones. I invested because the price per coin is quite low.

I didn't even read this thread. I invested because of the other thread where they're calling it a scam. lol. Doesn't bother me in the least. I thought Bitcoin was a scam when it was offered to me at less than a penny per coin. Do you think I regret that? Now I don't even care if it looks like a scam, better to dive in and hodl.

You're going to deal with this either way. No matter what. People are going to spread FUD. That's just part of the norm and is the main reason so many legitimate coins create their own forums and leave Bitcointalk. As long as you fulfill your promises nobody can say shit.

I always assume I am going to lose my money, that's why I never invest more than I can afford to lose.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 05:45:45 AM

Cheap coins tend to do better on the market than "expensive" ones. I invested because the price per coin is quite low.

I didn't even read this thread. I invested because of the other thread where they're calling it a scam. lol. Doesn't bother me in the least. I thought Bitcoin was a scam when it was offered to me at less than a penny per coin. Do you think I regret that? Now I don't even care if it looks like a scam, better to dive in and hodl.

You're going to deal with this either way. No matter what. People are going to spread FUD. That's just part of the norm and is the main reason so many legitimate coins create their own forums and leave Bitcointalk. As long as you fulfill your promises nobody can say shit.

I always assume I am going to lose my money, that's why I never invest more than I can afford to lose.
it could go mcuh cheaper after the ico and could gets cheaper than ever after the dev run away with the funds. no one can even identify him, no escrows no nothing. the funds are all by himself so good luck.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 06:36:37 AM

I wanna said this again:

"I will speak as the investor of this project that I am. As several users have noted above there are points that would have been better if they were different (such as using escrow) but as he said wasserman99 everything was clarified and public before the ICO, which there is no complaint possible. That was the Opair proposal and I decided to invest equally like others, even knowing these points because I was attracted by the proposed project. I'm glad to invest here and I'm sure this project will go far. We are already adults and before investing our own money we must do due diligence about that points. So now please stop with the drama. If you want to invest, do it, or not it's your own decision.
Please take a look at the ICO platform, it is the most transparent i saw in this forum. You can see at any time all statistics, including your balance and price per coin, which is updated as more people invest. Everything run smoothly. For suspicious people, make yourselves an account on the platform and try it on your own. That's a great test of experience and knowledge of this team. If the final release has much quality as the platform it will be a success. If they could do that without money, with the money raise from the ICO the sky is the limit."

Moreover, if any user wants to do drama/fud/etc you can create your own thread. Here it is to discuss Opair and its evolution, not on issues that were already cleared a thousand times. If you do not like the rules that they put, dont invest, END. SIMPLY LIKE THAT! but i do not want that investment i ve made in this project, which was big, it is affected by fools users who can not read a few simple rules. Each is responsible for where you decide to invest and, before doing so, they must perform due diligence, which is in this case they didnt. NOOBS!

In short, I am more affected by the actions of these fools users than the dev, since neither has completed the ICO, which we can not know if they will achieve fulfill everything they have promised.

Perryl

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 06:50:22 AM

it could go mcuh cheaper after the ico and could gets cheaper than ever after the dev run away with the funds. no one can even identify him, no escrows no nothing. the funds are all by himself so good luck.

True, but it's my money to take chances with if I want to.

You're a fool if you think knowing their identity makes a difference. Or did we forget about Paycoin already?

Escrow doesn't make a difference. Just because they use escrow doesn't mean they won't just run away after meeting requirements. Are you new around here or what?
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 07:30:14 AM

Someone created a thread about this issue. and like I've read here. I replied to the thread about no escrow had been assigned to hold the funds.
Thread is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570330.0

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

CoinManiac1

Activity: 612
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:18:25 AM

Someone created a thread about this issue. and like I've read here. I replied to the thread about no escrow had been assigned to hold the funds.
Thread is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570330.0

Just went through the thread.

Is it true that you havent considered for a interview.. Hope you dont delete this message..  Wink

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████  ████████████  ████████
██████████  ██████████  ██████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▄█████████████  ██████  █████████████▄
███████████  ██  ████  ██  ███████████
████████████  ██  ██  ██  ████████████
█████████████  ██    ██  █████████████
██████████████  ██  ██  ██████████████
▀██████████████  ████  ██████████████▀
███████████████  ██  ███████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
███████████████  ███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
                                     █▓▓                ▓▓█
                                      ███              ███
                                       ███            ███
                                        ███          ███
                                         ███        ███
                                          ███      ███
                                           ███    ███
                                            ███  ███                          ▄
███          ███             █        ███    ██████    ███   ████████████     ██▄             ███
███          ███            ███        ███    ████    ███    ███              ████▄           ███
███          ███           █████        ███    ██    ███     ███              ██████▄         ███
███          ███          ███ ███        ███   ▀▀   ███      ███              ███▀████▄       ███
████████████████         ███   ███        ███      ███       ████████████     ███  ▀████▄     ███
████████████████        ███     ███        ███    ███        ████████████     ███    ▀████▄   ███
███          ███       ███       ███        ███  ███         ███              ███      ▀████▄ ███
███          ███      ███████████████        ██████          ███              ███        ▀███████
███          ███     ███           ███        ████           ███              ███          ▀█████
███          ███    ███             ██▓        ██            ███              ███            ▀███
███          ███   ███               ██▓       ▀▀            ████████████     ███              ▀█
MEDIUM
TWITTER
LINKEDIN
TELEGRAM
Rkana

Activity: 281

RK Coin Services - Alt Coins Dev (ETH-BTC & More)

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:21:46 AM

this scam dev deleted all my post and refused to refund my money.

I Do COIN SERVICES (WEB JsWALLET + INSIGHT EXPLORER | ELECTRUM)
I Can Make You an ETH OR BTC ALTCOIN And OTHER COIN DEVELOPMENT - PM Me For More Info
mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:24:04 AM

I've been thinking about an investment, but without escrow there is no way.  Sad Sad
CoinManiac1

Activity: 612

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:24:27 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 08:38:01 AM by CoinManiac1

I guess we can have the BTC address to know where all the bitcoins are accumulated. This would be a bit transparent..

@wasserman, it is possible to reveal your identity since it will create a goodwill and trust for the coin, silencing at the FUD and scam talks.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████  ████████████  ████████
██████████  ██████████  ██████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▄█████████████  ██████  █████████████▄
███████████  ██  ████  ██  ███████████
████████████  ██  ██  ██  ████████████
█████████████  ██    ██  █████████████
██████████████  ██  ██  ██████████████
▀██████████████  ████  ██████████████▀
███████████████  ██  ███████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
███████████████  ███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
                                     █▓▓                ▓▓█
                                      ███              ███
                                       ███            ███
                                        ███          ███
                                         ███        ███
                                          ███      ███
                                           ███    ███
                                            ███  ███                          ▄
███          ███             █        ███    ██████    ███   ████████████     ██▄             ███
███          ███            ███        ███    ████    ███    ███              ████▄           ███
███          ███           █████        ███    ██    ███     ███              ██████▄         ███
███          ███          ███ ███        ███   ▀▀   ███      ███              ███▀████▄       ███
████████████████         ███   ███        ███      ███       ████████████     ███  ▀████▄     ███
████████████████        ███     ███        ███    ███        ████████████     ███    ▀████▄   ███
███          ███       ███       ███        ███  ███         ███              ███      ▀████▄ ███
███          ███      ███████████████        ██████          ███              ███        ▀███████
███          ███     ███           ███        ████           ███              ███          ▀█████
███          ███    ███             ██▓        ██            ███              ███            ▀███
███          ███   ███               ██▓       ▀▀            ████████████     ███              ▀█
MEDIUM
TWITTER
LINKEDIN
TELEGRAM
minerjoen

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:50:47 AM

Hmm guys what is this? Does some people fall for this sneaky tricks??

We all can create a topic like this and say:
We are different, we are the best, send me your money and we will fly to the moon.

Just, just send me your bitcoins and it will all be perfect for you...
No we are no scam, just trust us, we are different then all other people what say: you can trust us. Why? Because u can trust us.
Escrow? Oh hell no, that's not safe, you must send all the bitcoins to us because u can trust us.

You know how healthy people call this? SCAM!
You know why they don't do a escrow? Because there are escrow services what u can trust, if they use one of them, they can not scam you (at least its more difficult).
That's why they dont use a trustfull escrow service, they want 100% from ur money, as fast as possible.

99% from all the people what show ''there'' identity is fake. Just some random google pictures and they claime to be them.

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 08:52:04 AM

my 5 cents :

I do believe that the project is legit, however my advice to the OP is so:

Crypto is all about the community, and if you would like this project to succeed i guess you should first of all reveal your identity as people ask, then reveal the btc adress to where the funds are going and something along the lines of a google hangout would be great.
As for the escrow, thats not 1 million % neccasery, but defenatly will make the project more secure.

I already invested (a small sum), but if i see that this project will listen to the advices of the community, i am willing to invest more as im sure will others too

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: