Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:41:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821055 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:47:27 AM

well...it was a wild ride...now it's just the baggers picking the bones off the average miners holdings...pump, manipulate...then leave when they've squeezed every last etc out and traded it for btc. Miners, you realize you are now just either selling your hard mined coins at flea market prices or mining to support 'their' coin value..all the while mining to support their 'blockchain'....because the blockchain IS basically centralized in the hands of a few thousand people. It's THEIR blockchain. In a week, maybe two...they will jump off to another coin...leaving miners with electric bills and equipment used that made the baggers more wealthy....while we return to cryptonews to scavage for new releases...

I am confused, is there a reason your still hanging out here with us then?

I still hold etc coins mined...I refuse to give them over to these btc baggers even if they drop to 2 cents a coin...just out of principle. I participated in supporting this project since a few days following the 'fork'...so I can comment..right?

You can comment, just not sure what your bringing to the conversation.  Surely there is someplace where you would rather be than just going on and on about the scam that most of us here support and believe is the right course of action.  Maybe the posts today about leaders stepping up to the plate for ETC, or DEV's coming forward and people talking about where ETC goes doesn't thrill you.  But considering how young ETC is and how fast things are happening surely you can appreciate the mountain of work that has to be done before ETC is at the place where ETH is, only without the crony investor and insider bailouts?  

Or maybe not.  Just saying it would be great if you want to add value here, but so far it just sounds like a lot of sour grapes.  Too bad really.  Some people expect miracles overnight.  Some people realize these things don't get built in a few days.

I am optimistic and hopeful for the future of ETC.  It is too bad you don't appear to share our enthusiasm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randayh

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 01:57:27 AM

The latest updates from ΞPool

1. NICEHASH bug fixes. YES, finally the disconnect issues have been resolved with Nicehash.

2. All US based servers have been moved to physical hardware. (8core with Raided SDDs)

3. The addition of a new uk3.epool.io stratum server

4. Now every stratum server has its very own Parity instance, while still following the tri-node failover configuration

5. Fresh operating system upgrades and code recompiled with the latest golang libraries

Thanks again for using ΞPool

http://www.epool.io
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:00:30 AM

Watching this video now... So far it sounds like he likes doing the bidding of the VC(banks).  I hope his views have evolved since ETHF has essentially done the bidding for the investors and insiders by doing the bailout fork.  I will continue watching, but so far he isn't thrilling me with his responses 8 minutes into the video.

Thanks for sharing Paula. :-)

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:56:52 AM

Watching this video now... So far it sounds like he likes doing the bidding of the VC(banks).  I hope his views have evolved since ETHF has essentially done the bidding for the investors and insiders by doing the bailout fork.  I will continue watching, but so far he isn't thrilling me with his responses 8 minutes into the video.

It is a fallout because of differences of ideas. Either one is not a bad idea and both could be good ideas. It depends on your style and what you want to happen. In Charles' idea they will be made answerable to VC investors while Vitalik will have none of it taking everything in his own hands. I in Vitalik's case it went bad as we have seen.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:05:18 AM

It is a fallout because of differences of ideas. Either one is not a bad idea and both could be good ideas. It depends on your style and what you want to happen. In Charles' idea they will be made answerable to VC investors while Vitalik will have none of it taking everything in his own hands. I in Vitalik's case it went bad as we have seen.

I finished watching that video and then the video from today.  The video from today clearly showed the huge and stark differences between immutability and the authoritarian perspective.  Martin clearly stated that if they thought 80% of the community supported something they would do it to include censoring, rolling back transactions, etc.  Which appeared to really go cross purposes with most of the panel and this is clearly what is wrong with Ethereum and those who represent it. The question was asked who is this "community" because many of us who hold or held ethereum knew nothing about any vote.  So it appears to be a very small cross section of people represented.

Next it also seemed to me like the Ethereum position was almost "smug", and laughing at anyone holding a different view point than theirs.  And it also appeared that they were saying tough, we are doing it this way and there really is no reason for ETC to exist.

I liked Charles views and thoughts on Ethereum in today's presentation and it sounds like he is putting his money where his mouth is by hiring developers.  Now it sounds like the community needs to start the round table discussions next to build a consensus and roadmap.  It sounded like Charles was going to push a hybrid POW/POS which does sound very attractive and I would like to hear more.
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:19:42 AM

I finished watching that video and then the video from today.  The video from today clearly showed the huge and stark differences between immutability and the authoritarian perspective.  Martin clearly stated that if they thought 80% of the community supported something they would do it to include censoring, rolling back transactions, etc.  Which appeared to really go cross purposes with most of the panel and this is clearly what is wrong with Ethereum and those who represent it. The question was asked who is this "community" because many of us who hold or held ethereum knew nothing about any vote.  So it appears to be a very small cross section of people represented.

Next it also seemed to me like the Ethereum position was almost "smug", and laughing at anyone holding a different view point than theirs.  And it also appeared that they were saying tough, we are doing it this way and there really is no reason for ETC to exist.

I liked Charles views and thoughts on Ethereum in today's presentation and it sounds like he is putting his money where his mouth is by hiring developers.  Now it sounds like the community needs to start the round table discussions next to build a consensus and roadmap.  It sounded like Charles was going to push a hybrid POW/POS which does sound very attractive and I would like to hear more.

Charles gets it but it remains to be seen if the current ETC leadership will let him take charge and execute on that vision.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 04:31:00 AM

Anyone have the link to the Ethereum Classic slack channel?

If there is one, it would also be helpful to update the OP to include that link under the community links section.  Smiley

EDIT: found it on the website, here it is for anyone wondering: https://ethereumclassic.herokuapp.com

Yes better discussions at

https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/

https://ethereumclassic.herokuapp.com/

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:14:07 AM

Charles gets it but it remains to be seen if the current ETC leadership will let him take charge and execute on that vision.

ETC leadership? Who declared himself leader and took that mantle? As far as I know there is no "leader" here. If there was one declaring himself as someone who can call the shots then it will be good to discourage everyone to follow him. If it was really for the good of the original Ethereum classic that this new "leader" wanted he would allow improvements and inputs from people such as Charles.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:16:06 AM

wait wot...can i announce it officially lololol  this needs a gif  Tongue

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:19:19 AM

bitpoop why you delete that...it could b true  Tongue

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:21:37 AM

I agree. martin turned me off to ethforked. he may be able to code but he is clueless about everything else in life. he is part of the gnosis team and I pulled out of it because of their stance. he also was clueless about the correct numbers for the vote.
mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:24:32 AM

we do need a go to marketing person. somebody that is the mouth piece for classic and has the gas to pour on the fire to make classic legit in others eyes
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:29:12 AM

If there is one, it would also be helpful to update the OP to include that link under the community links section.  Smiley

EDIT: found it on the website, here it is for anyone wondering: https://ethereumclassic.herokuapp.com

I joined this earlier today.  500+ members, all the ETC heavyweights are there plotting and scheming in plain public view.  Go join them.  

Available now:  ETC Block Explorer at http://gastracker.io/

Devs are coming.  Neat!
I'm now on redit as -greenuser-  Slack tomorrow.
Love the artwork Charles
Warm wishes
Paula

really...who? when? and finally how? what if i said im etc dev, would everyone be ok with that  Tongue ....did you guys vote on your new leaders or can anyone add code to etc and you will all add it? do you all share the same vision as any new dev? if not will you fork to a new coin..perhaps digital ethereum...DETH lol
hi pumpy the fork thing to change the past is the ETH thing. to fork for a technikal reason to fix a bug  is all the other coins thing.

Crpto4$

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:17:50 AM

Brian Armstrong said that Still no plans to support ETC long term, but we will continue to evaluate it.

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/760992077643706368

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 06:27:14 AM

Brian Armstrong said that Still no plans to support ETC long term, but we will continue to evaluate it.

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/760992077643706368

It's best to do opposite of everything he says

zorvalth

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:36:08 AM

Did somebody tried etc.ethermine.org ? It looks its a new etc pool host by one of the biggest Eth pools - ethermine.org .
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:52:28 AM

I joined this earlier today.  500+ members, all the ETC heavyweights are there plotting and scheming in plain public view.  Go join them.  

Available now:  ETC Block Explorer at http://gastracker.io/

Devs are coming.  Neat!
I'm now on redit as -greenuser-  Slack tomorrow.
Love the artwork Charles
Warm wishes
Paula

really...who? when? and finally how? what if i said im etc dev, would everyone be ok with that  Tongue ....did you guys vote on your new leaders or can anyone add code to etc and you will all add it? do you all share the same vision as any new dev? if not will you fork to a new coin..perhaps digital ethereum...DETH lol
hi pumpy the fork thing to change the past is the ETH thing. to fork for a technikal reason to fix a bug  is all the other coins thing.

Pumpertits it sounds like your into that governing foundation who's in charge bullshit. Go find your people and have an election or something. This is real crypto. Amateurs won't understand.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:56:07 AM

Price is down almost 30% for the day. What's going on?

Vitalik tweeted this several hours ago, in response to the question "Would you support ETC if it had the longer blockchain".  The market is responding.

The return to 0.0040+ after several hours of dips shows that the popular sentiment behind ETC is stronger than just one guy.

this tweet is very old nothing new...

If he does not support etc, price should go way up  Grin

Thank God Vitalik won't be polluting the ETC community with his morally hazardous opinions.

Keeping him and Tool installed in the kakocracy constituting ETH's Mostly Harmless centralized governance structure is the best outcome for ETC.

I think we will pass on the rolling back for money garbage. Like the rest of crypto you know?
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:18:29 AM

ETC leadership? Who declared himself leader and took that mantle? As far as I know there is no "leader" here. If there was one declaring himself as someone who can call the shots then it will be good to discourage everyone to follow him. If it was really for the good of the original Ethereum classic that this new "leader" wanted he would allow improvements and inputs from people such as Charles.

What makes you think he will be male?   So many people are quick to judge, quick to anger, but slow to understand.  This coin is different my friends and everyone knows it, they just don't want to say it yet.

I understand that Charles came to help.  He wants us to have a spokes person, a voice, someone who can represent the little people when up against the crypto giants.  

Now the eth team are worried that Classic will deliver immutable contracts to the people instead of to the banksters.  Wow, this is part of the insurrection against banker occupation.  We are making history.  Classic will be the peoples coin.

Like I said, "If we build it, they will come".  And they are!

LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:21:47 AM

What makes you think he will be male?   So many people are quick to judge, quick to anger, but slow to understand.  This coin is different my friends and everyone knows it, they just don't want to say it yet.

I understand that Charles came to help.  He wants us to have a spokes person, a voice, someone who can represent the little people when up against the crypto giants.  

Now the eth team are worried that Classic will deliver immutable contracts to the people instead of to the banksters.  Wow, this is part of the insurrection against banker occupation.  We are making history.  Classic will be the peoples coin.

Like I said, "If we build it, they will come".  And they are!

only to say : "Full ACC"
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: