Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:21:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821053 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
ginmac

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:23:24 AM

Hi guys, i have a question. ETC (original Ethereum blockchain) will continue in Geth (oppose-dao-fork)? https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases/tag/v1.4.10
What solves ETH fork? Issue DAO only?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:34:02 AM

@greenuser

*W@LL€T T€$T* If you want to test your wallet, you can send any amount to the following addresses.  PM me with RETURN ADDRESS, & i will send 50% of it back to you!
Bitcoin: 1M25dzkoHCb5NPnqW6bTJBkW7zdUwX2NyG  Groestlcoin: FebdygeRyBtunJ4gYHQ4Wv7BeALqo8gpTh  Feathercoin: 6gTcFMDZeJRL4tgJbnHQDjXZe8Gm7kKaT8  Litecoin: LLomZxKdg1byPPdtn3btzGLGuuookAZ1nT  Ethereum: 0x4f28BD4042593aAc0583722247E1Dd6969f48Ed3   THANK YOU FOR USING *W@LL€T T€$T*

I want to do a wallet test - but you dont have any ETC wallet?

Just an ETH wallet? What do I do? Send to your ETH address?

--

--
Gaglam

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:47:51 AM

What would be the best pool to mine with 90MH/s ?
And next question.. why only 90MH/s with 5 x r9 280x ?
Undervolted, not overclocked.
I tried it with the normal bios (not undervolted) but with the same hashrate.
Should i overclock?
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:57:18 AM

@greenuser

*W@LL€T T€$T* If you want to test your wallet, you can send any amount to the following addresses.  PM me with RETURN ADDRESS, & i will send 50% of it back to you!
Bitcoin: 1M25dzkoHCb5NPnqW6bTJBkW7zdUwX2NyG  Groestlcoin: FebdygeRyBtunJ4gYHQ4Wv7BeALqo8gpTh  Feathercoin: 6gTcFMDZeJRL4tgJbnHQDjXZe8Gm7kKaT8  Litecoin: LLomZxKdg1byPPdtn3btzGLGuuookAZ1nT  Ethereum: 0x4f28BD4042593aAc0583722247E1Dd6969f48Ed3   THANK YOU FOR USING *W@LL€T T€$T*

I want to do a wallet test - but you dont have any ETC wallet?

Just an ETH wallet? What do I do? Send to your ETH address?

Don't send to my ETC address, you may lose your etc.   I am working on it.  Have had so much on of late and need to update my footer.  I will help you later today as i will list a public wallet, watch my footer for info.  You will be able to send a very small amount if you choose, just to check your wallet is good.  If you PM me in a couple of hours i will sort it.  Hope this has not inconvenienced you.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention,  

Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:59:23 AM

http://pool.ethereumclassic.com

no more payouts since yesterday 21:00 Huh
genfre

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:56:54 AM

https://blog.coinbase.com/2016/08/04/etc-credits-will-be-available-soon-on-coinbase/

time for puuump  Cool  Grin
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 09:22:42 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4w8iqn/state_of_the_etc_state/

It has been a busy last few days. The current development focus is dividing effort between de-forking essential programs, organizing marketing, and web development.

Whatisgravity released the first build of the deforked mist wallet last night for testing. Work is ongoing on pyethereum and I have seen geth and others are under repair also. Matt and Elaine are working on an improved block explorer back end, front end improvements are on track as well(gasstracker.io is great also type gastracker.io/addr/yourwallet to get balance). The javascript wallet is up at:ClassicEtherWallet.com for paper wallets and accounts. If anyone would like to help, all are welcome at: github.com/ethereumproject

The ‘good looking’ webpage is near completion, the face-lift will add legitimacy to the site. The "marketing team" is preparing a whitepaper and "declaration of Independence" of sorts. Several Meetups are in the works, twitter chatter is shifting from petty eth-etc meme-wars to news and trading. The slack channel has reached over 500 now. With any luck all the SM channels can coordinate the launch of the white paper + website + functional wallets at the same time

That's the state of the state more or less; not bad for a week or so and an ad hoc bunch of hackers, pirates, programmers, and anarchists uniting together to stand on principle

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:31:24 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4w8iqn/state_of_the_etc_state/

It has been a busy last few days. The current development focus is dividing effort between de-forking essential programs, organizing marketing, and web development.

Whatisgravity released the first build of the deforked mist wallet last night for testing. Work is ongoing on pyethereum and I have seen geth and others are under repair also. Matt and Elaine are working on an improved block explorer back end, front end improvements are on track as well(gasstracker.io is great also type gastracker.io/addr/yourwallet to get balance). The javascript wallet is up at:ClassicEtherWallet.com for paper wallets and accounts. If anyone would like to help, all are welcome at: github.com/ethereumproject

The ‘good looking’ webpage is near completion, the face-lift will add legitimacy to the site. The "marketing team" is preparing a whitepaper and "declaration of Independence" of sorts. Several Meetups are in the works, twitter chatter is shifting from petty eth-etc meme-wars to news and trading. The slack channel has reached over 500 now. With any luck all the SM channels can coordinate the launch of the white paper + website + functional wallets at the same time

That's the state of the state more or less; not bad for a week or so and an ad hoc bunch of hackers, pirates, programmers, and anarchists uniting together to stand on principle
wow nice update dev i think this one will make a huge impact again to those who's supporting this project aiming  .01 can be possible to be reach and price stability together with the project will be seen any time now. good luck dev keep it up.
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:37:22 AM

Wheres the FUD now?

Thx for this job, u and all dev team.
I apreciate this, working for the community!
Keep doing this good work guys!
Gogogo etc, ever descentralizad!

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 09:46:09 AM

There will be another 10% Bonus round on https://etc.suprnova.cc soon, get your rigs ready Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
greenuser

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:13:43 AM

http://pool.ethereumclassic.com

no more payouts since yesterday 21:00 Huh

Have you been paid yet?   Why not try https://etc.suprnova.cc

I'm sure you could PM ocminer if you need help.  Give us feedback and/or revew so we can get display feedback on Classic Pools.

If a pool is not paying it will need to be removed from the list, have you contacted them?

There will be another 10% Bonus round on https://etc.suprnova.cc soon, get your rigs ready Smiley

Good luck!

gals.monsters.girls

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:47:01 AM

looking good here guys.
please dont assume fud this is serious..
where can i get info on the deo hacker and his next move with all his coins?
i really want to invest but want to learn more than i know.
thanks
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:48:56 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 12:05:43 PM by MalReynolds

Interesting ETC articles in TheMerkle:

http://themerkle.com/will-coinbase-have-enough-of-an-etc-supply-to-honor-its-promise/

http://themerkle.com/casper-may-cause-centralized-staking-by-rich-ethereum-holders/

The upcoming ETH switch to Casper is a key decision point for ETC.  I personally think ETC should not follow ETH into becoming a Proof of Stake coin.  If general agreement for this point could be reached now, it would be a powerful inducement for miners to switch from ETH to ETC now.  

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:52:47 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 12:36:47 PM by MalReynolds

where can i get info on the deo hacker and his next move with all his coins?

Start with the link below and read all the comments.  It's worth your time.

https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@eeks/dao-attacker-has-drained-etc-dao-ethereum-classic

So let's recap.  

On the ETC chain, the DAO attacker moved all her ETC to unknown areas at sub-$1 prices.  Her ETC stash is thus worth around $6M at current prices.  

In the past week the craziness of ETC trading has generated over $200M of trading.  

Conclusion: On the ETC chain, the DAO thief is a drop in the bucket compared to the BTC outsiders that have flooded into the ETC chain at Poloniex.

On the ETC chain, the DAO hack is ancient history and has no real impact on what happens next to ETC.

greenuser

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:55:35 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 12:05:52 PM by greenuser

http://themerkle.com/will-coinbase-have-enough-of-an-etc-supply-to-honor-its-promise/

http://themerkle.com/casper-may-cause-centralized-staking-by-rich-ethereum-holders/

The upcoming ETH switch to Casper is a key decision point for ETC.  I personally ETC should not follow ETH into becoming a Proof of Stake coin.  If general agreement for this point could be reached now, it would be a powerful inducement for miners to switch from ETH to ETC now.  

Thanks, i will give it a lookin.  However  Me  too......   Cheesy

I would like to open a debate over PoW vs PoS and FORKS

The difficulty miners experience will increase dramatically very soon in our current (PoW), we need to sort that.    This can only be done via a fork so we need to ALL be in agreement unless you want a “Splinter Classic” chain as well as a Classic chain.

I asked Charles if we could soft fork to fix it. ---  

Charles: "It can only be defused by a hard fork. It requires changing rules in the protocol that current nodes would reject."

greenuser: I have often wondered what would happen if it was just very very difficult to mine? Would it not become more scarce? More valuable?

Charles: "That would destroy any PoW algorithm based blockchain. Mining difficulty is continually adjusted to allow the network to be secure and allow blocks to be solved within a targeted time frame. Setting the difficulty arbitrarily high, would discourage miners from mining because it would make blocks harder to solve, and therefore they would generate less rewards for a greater expenditure of computational work. You would have to increase the market value of that coin exponentially to compensate, and that is impossible."

Please post your feelings....

PoW vs PoS. Currently miners mine the transactions and receive a block reward, Yes? If you have no miners, who will process the transactions? If the transactions are processed by nodes/validators and they receive a % of transaction fee... that would work too. However: “ethereum” wanted PoS with only 250 validators and you would have to pay to be a validator, that is feudalism in my eyes.
If you had a PoS/PoW hybrid you could satisfy both parties.
I would want to see more than 250 validators. What about a wallet where you could stake some of your ETC. Every wallet would have the facility so anyone could hold a stake. Dividends could be paid out from the transaction fees depending on your stake & amount of node %uptime.
You could mine to your wallet and stake a percentage of your choosing and get paid a dividend on that stake.

I plan to put this to Charles, what do people think?

greenuser

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:21:49 PM

If Coinbase have been naked short selling ETC to feed its customers, and then those customers all decide they want to withdraw ETC from their platform, Coinbase will have to go to the market place and pay full current market price for its ETC.  This could inflate ETC price and/or cause a run on Coinbase, Yes?

Not good for Coinbase

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:24:49 PM

The upcoming ETH switch to Casper is a key decision point for ETC.  I personally ETC should not follow ETH into becoming a Proof of Stake coin.  If general agreement for this point could be reached now, it would be a powerful inducement for miners to switch from ETH to ETC now.  

Thanks, i will give it a lookin.  However  Me  too......   Cheesy

I would like to open a debate over PoW vs PoS and FORKS

The difficulty miners experience will increase dramatically very soon in our current (PoW), we need to sort that.    This can only be done via a fork so we need to ALL be in agreement unless you want a “Splinter Classic” chain as well as a Classic chain.

I asked Charles if we could soft fork to fix it. ---  

Charles: "It can only be defused by a hard fork. It requires changing rules in the protocol that current nodes would reject."

greenuser: I have often wondered what would happen if it was just very very difficult to mine? Would it not become more scarce? More valuable?

Charles: "That would destroy any PoW algorithm based blockchain. Mining difficulty is continually adjusted to allow the network to be secure and allow blocks to be solved within a targeted time frame. Setting the difficulty arbitrarily high, would discourage miners from mining because it would make blocks harder to solve, and therefore they would generate less rewards for a greater expenditure of computational work. You would have to increase the market value of that coin exponentially to compensate, and that is impossible."

Please post your feelings....

PoW vs PoS. Currently miners mine the transactions and receive a block reward, Yes? If you have no miners, who will process the transactions? If the transactions are processed by nodes/validators and they receive a % of transaction fee... that would work too. However: “ethereum” wanted PoS with only 250 validators and you would have to pay to be a validator, that is feudalism in my eyes.
If you had a PoS/PoW hybrid you could satisfy both parties.
I would want to see more than 250 validators. What about a wallet where you could stake some of your ETC. Every wallet would have the facility so anyone could hold a stake. Dividends could be paid out from the transaction fees depending on your stake & amount of node %uptime.
You could mine to your wallet and stake a percentage of your choosing and get paid a dividend on that stake.

I plan to put this to Charles, what do people think?

I would like to thank everyone for posting so much good info and links.  I agree with the comment about needing to hire a marketing guru if that hasn't already been discussed and done.  Putting a public face and public point of contact for everything ETC would be a good idea.

A council with some sort of leadership structure would be very useful at this point.  But like mentioned in one of the videos we need a voting mechanism that allows holders of ETC to have a vote.  That however may be a longer term objective since that would require a lot of coding I assume to come up with something.  

I agree we should start talking about what we want to do with the POW/POS situation.  It won't be long and it will not be profitable to mine so this conversation needs to happen sooner rather than later.  I liked the suggestion on a hybrid POW/POS type of rewards system.  I know there are some other hybrid coins out there that we might be able to learn from, but I do think that seems the most fair, but I would think you would still want to put more emphasis or weighting the rewards on POW over the POS staking to ensure that people and not monied interests control the outcome and the vast majority of the rewards.  

Even some interesting proof of capacity POC types of coins like SIA, and Burst etc where again you have miners/minters etc that are providing some sort of work/service/capacity on the network.  So there are different ways to diversify the rewards mechanisms. Just a thought and maybe something that can be added into the mix.  

I do agree that removing the Diff Bomb needs to be addressed very soon.

mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:47:18 PM

Classic needs to be the pow/pos hybrid

do not go to 100% pos

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:48:30 PM

A Trello channel has been set up to coordinate ETC Client development efforts.  

Colibry started this effort and so far five other devs have joined:

Bart W
Cody Burns
Igor Artanonov (splix)
Elaine Ou
Gravity

https://trello.com/b/aiSzWBm7/ethereum-classic-clients

Tangible progress on ETC continues!
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:58:25 PM

A Trello channel has been set up to coordinate ETC Client development efforts.  

Colibry started this effort and so far five other devs have joined:

Bart W
Cody Burns
Igor Artanonov (splix)
Elaine Ou
Gravity

https://trello.com/b/aiSzWBm7/ethereum-classic-clients

Tangible progress on ETC continues!

Awesome News!
Day by day more good dev come to help ETC with ur knowledge!
Good work for u all!

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: