Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2019, 04:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 1093 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1169412 times)
xenon131

Activity: 742
Merit: 507

making something real from dark matter

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:22:48 AM

Click on this:

then advanced->wallet information, at the bottom all your byteball addresses are listed.

I just saw that I had to click on advanced to bring up the additional options. I think this is not really an advanced feature, it should be reachable easier imo.
I love the suggestion to make it more like Bitcoin Core: for instance, I would like to give a label to sending and receiving addresses.
Another suggestion: it would be very nice to be able to find someone in Chat by using a custom name, like Skype does. Instead of showing: A8JlWkrGQd9XxG7VPAtyWs2uzVuVqMlJOBpu8rusG8v0@byteball.org/bb#8xKKnk399Pi7 , wouldn't it be nice if I can register "LoyceV", and connecting to "LoyceV" is enough to get a pairing code?
Of course, this would be on a first-come-first-serve basis, like any nickname.

Bitcoin-style Coin control features are a desperately needed feature for the wallet. I would implement them myself but I'm working on some other stuff for Byteball, can't get to everywhere myself Tongue

Arguably the most wanted feature now  is the  message signing with byteball address you posses. Also would like to have the option to delete some bots I activated as they are cluttering my space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miramare

Activity: 1148
Merit: 568

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:36:56 AM

Next round, 1btc will only get 0.000625GB?  1/10 less than before? Why?
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:02:55 AM

I believe the reasoning is so people are inclined to actually go out and buy GBYTE rather than just have BTC to receive the GB only to dump it soon thereafter. I think they are trying to prevent weak hands by doing this, and I agree with the logic if so. Seems like a good play to promote buying in the market

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Benezim

Activity: 406
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 09:04:49 AM

After August 7 we'll reach more than 50% distributed coins and will start a new phase of our distribution.

It was stated from day one that the purpose of this distribution is to get this coin into the hands of as many people as possible.  Both coins (bytes and blackbytes) are meant to be used as currencies, and this is only possible when there are many users and apps to interact with.  We already have a sizable community, a number of unique apps, and we are the only crypto project to have an app distribution platform (the Bot Store), but there is still a lot of room to grow in terms of user count, number of apps, and willingness of users to use these apps.

Up until now, we were distributing only to holders of BTC and Bytes, i.e. we were rewarding holding.  Now we are adding actual users into the mix, i.e. we are going to reward transactions.

To get you an idea of how we are going to do it, we are going to partner with several categories of companies:
- merchants
- payment processors
- "Bitcoin debit card" companies
and offer 10% cashback, paid in Bytes, for all qualifying purchases (no matter how the purchases are paid).  The cashback will be funded from the undistributed pool.  For example, a customer who bought for $100 receives $10 cashback in Bytes, paid to his Byteball address, at the current exchange rate.  For merchants, this is something that would drive sales and they would put effort into promoting the offer.  In competitive industries, a 10% cashback is a very powerful tool to lure customers.  For customers, this is a 10% discount (which matters a lot in some industries).  For Byteball, it is new users who will have to get involved into the system in order to receive the cashback.

A few companies have already expressed interest (not disclosing the names while it is a work in progress).

A few extensions of this offer:
- 20% cashback if the purchase is paid in bytes or blackbytes.  This would incentivize merchants to start accepting bytes and blackbytes, and the infrastructure will stay after the distribution ends.
- merchants can offer additional cashback to their customers.  Merchants fund it themselves by buying bytes from the market, and for every 1% funded by the merchant we add 1% more from the undistributed pool.

If you see similarity with existing loyalty points schemes, it is similar indeed.

At a minimum, we receive many new users who learn about Byteball from their merchants, plus working payment integrations.  And the users are not just crypto fans, it may be their first crypto coin for many users.  With the most user friendly wallet in the industry, we are in the best position to expand beyond the crypto village.

We can continue adding 10-20% to existing byte balances to incentivize keeping the received bytes before more infrastructure is built, rather than cashing out immediately.  

Two negative sides:
- the scheme is less transparent than plain adding on top of existing balances, and some share of fraud is inevitable.  Merchants might try to deceive us to receive coins for themselves by reporting nonexistent sales or selling to themselves.  This is mitigated by good choice of trustworthy merchants and our ability to disconnect any merchant at any time on suspicion of fraud.  Their customers can also try to find ways to abuse the system, again we'll require the merchants to prevent that by excluding some types of purchases, monitoring customers, enforcing caps, etc.  Additionally, if the merchant funds part of the cashback himself, he has skin in the game to counter the customer fraud.
- these new users are not holders for the most part, they are more likely to sell.  Not a big problem, the point is they already know about Byteball and it's easy for them to get back.  The new users are new to crypto, many of them won't use exchanges, and somebody will have to create new easier-to-use channels to fiat, which is positive for liquidity.  Also, 10%-20% monthly distributions discourage fast selling while the distribution is ongoing.  And lastly, the merchants who fund 50% of the cashback would partially balance the markets by buying coins.

On balance, I'm sure that these negatives are tolerable when we are going to achieve a vast expansion of our user base and acceptance at merchants.

For the current distribution round, nothing changes.

For the next distribution on September 6, we are changing the ratios in favor of Byte holders and slowing down the distribution to have more time to build out the cashback program:

BTC to Bytes: every 160 BTC gives you 1 GB from the distribution (or 0.00625 GB per BTC).
Bytes to Bytes: every 10 GB of existing balance gives you additional 1 GB from the distribution (in other words, +10% to existing balances).

Similar ratios for blackbytes.

For those who receive their first bytes from cashbacks, Sep 6 will be the first distribution when they receive +10%.

I'll make announcements as we add merchants in the cashback program.

It's all been explained here
bitjoin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:51:25 AM

Probably because the giveaways have been killing the price of late + they wont have many giveaways left. Glad i held all my blackbytes up to now since they are going to be hard to get also.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████████▄
▄█████████▀    ████████▀
▄████████▀  ▄█  ██████▀  ▄▄
███████▀  ▄▀██  ████▀  ▄███
█████▀  ▄██  █  ██▀  ▄█████
███▀  ▄████  ██▄▀  ▄███████
▀▀  ▄██████  █▀  ▄████████▀
▄████████    ▄█████████▀
▀█████████▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄     ▄▄
 ██▀▀▀▀▀██  ██     ██  ██▀▀▀▀▀██     ▀▀▀▀██  ██     ██
▐█▌    ▐█▌ ▐█▌    ▐█▌ ▐█▌    ▐█▌ ▄████████▌ ▐█▌    ▐█▌
██     ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄██  ██▄▄▄▄▄██  ██▄▄▄▄▄██  ██▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀     ▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▐█▌
                     ██                       ▄▄▄▄██
                                             ▀▀▀▀▀▀

███████▀ ██▄████▄ ▄██████▄ ███████▀
  ▐█▌   ▐█▌    ██ ██         ▐█▌
  ██    ███████▀ ▐█▌         ██
 ▐█▌   ▐█▌       ██         ▐█▌
 ██    ██        ▀██████▄   ██
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████████▄
▄█████████▀    ████████▀
▄████████▀  ▄█  ██████▀  ▄▄
███████▀  ▄▀██  ████▀  ▄███
█████▀  ▄██  █  ██▀  ▄█████
███▀  ▄████  ██▄▀  ▄███████
▀▀  ▄██████  █▀  ▄████████▀
▄████████    ▄█████████▀
▀█████████▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:12:44 PM

Hey all. we need your help

Please visit link and vote to add Gbyte to shapeshift.

Link @ https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000497510-ADD-REQUEST-Byteball-Symbol-GBYTE-

To get things going just follow from drawing bellow

We done great job but wee need more up votes. Please if you didnt visited above place to follow link and vote to add Gbyte to shapeshift.

neurotypical

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:27:03 PM

I just saw that I had to click on advanced to bring up the additional options. I think this is not really an advanced feature, it should be reachable easier imo. I think people like to keep track of all the addresses they have to receive payments in a nice and ordered way. Even if you should generate a new address each time for better privacy, it's good to keep track of them, and newbies may be confused than this is an advanced feature IMO.

Why would any regular person want to see old receive addresses?   Bitcoin doesn't do this by default either.

Click on Receive and you see an address.  You can click on Generate New Address at will.
I think that blasting a screen with a lot of receive and change addresses would simply confuse most people.  I think for this reason, no wallet (that I know of) floods the screen with such addresses for any crypto by default.

It does? "Recieving addresses" is listed in the main menu in Bitcoin Core. It's also basic to use coin control feature if you want any privacy.

Also I have a problem. I have run out of newly generated addresses in Byteball. It just keeps generating the same addresses I have generated already. Looks like after address number 16, it keeps showing me addresses that I have already generated (so random ones no that 16 address list)

What is going on with this? I need at least 60 different Byteball addresses for my at laest 60 Bitecoin addresses (I didn't count them but it's around 60 that I have to sign and link to these 60 Byteball addresses)

ByteFan

Activity: 509
Merit: 260

Also seb486

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 12:32:15 PM

I just saw that I had to click on advanced to bring up the additional options. I think this is not really an advanced feature, it should be reachable easier imo. I think people like to keep track of all the addresses they have to receive payments in a nice and ordered way. Even if you should generate a new address each time for better privacy, it's good to keep track of them, and newbies may be confused than this is an advanced feature IMO.

Why would any regular person want to see old receive addresses?   Bitcoin doesn't do this by default either.

Click on Receive and you see an address.  You can click on Generate New Address at will.
I think that blasting a screen with a lot of receive and change addresses would simply confuse most people.  I think for this reason, no wallet (that I know of) floods the screen with such addresses for any crypto by default.

It does? "Recieving addresses" is listed in the main menu in Bitcoin Core. It's also basic to use coin control feature if you want any privacy.

Also I have a problem. I have run out of newly generated addresses in Byteball. It just keeps generating the same addresses I have generated already. Looks like after address number 16, it keeps showing me addresses that I have already generated (so random ones no that 16 address list)

What is going on with this? I need at least 60 different Byteball addresses for my at laest 60 Bitecoin addresses (I didn't count them but it's around 60 that I have to sign and link to these 60 Byteball addresses)

Addresses generation complies to BIP44. Use "create a new wallet".

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0044.mediawiki

Byteball payment gateway for web merchants https://byteball-for-merchants.com/ - BEEB  (Blackbytes Exchange Bot): https://www.beeb-bot.com/ (closed)
Network map, stats, Top Richests and Byteball world map at https://byteball.fr/ (closed) - Hub operator featuring the cashback witness https://byteball-cashback-witness.com (closed)
BTCWagering

Activity: 291
Merit: 256

BTCWagering.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 01:34:33 PM

Hey Byteballers,

I've been thinking about the cashback program. I think it's important that we make this work -- it's an idea with plenty of upside, but one that will require a "schlep," lots of leg work. That means we need to start planning right away. Leaving it all on Tony is probably not going to give the best results.

However, we are going to need more info from Tony on what he's planning to present to merchants. Is the byteball-for-merchants.com the official merchant integration solution? And what other materials are available to present to merchants?

I am thinking it might make sense to form some type of corporate entity or nonprofit in order to present this to merchants. Potentially we would want to do this in multiple major markets -- North America, Europe, Asia, etc.

Also I've been thinking of merchants to pitch this too. One idea I had was StackSocial.com. No idea if they'd be receptive, but it seems like a good fit. Maybe we should start using some type of collaboration tool -- Google Sheets, for example -- to list potential merchant contacts, their responses etc.

But first of all, we need the full details from the Byteball team.
ByteFan

Also seb486

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 01:40:01 PM

Hey Byteballers,

I've been thinking about the cashback program. I think it's important that we make this work -- it's an idea with plenty of upside, but one that will require a "schlep," lots of leg work. That means we need to start planning right away. Leaving it all on Tony is probably not going to give the best results.

However, we are going to need more info from Tony on what he's planning to present to merchants. Is the byteball-for-merchants.com the official merchant integration solution? And what other materials are available to present to merchants?

I am thinking it might make sense to form some type of corporate entity or nonprofit in order to present this to merchants. Potentially we would want to do this in multiple major markets -- North America, Europe, Asia, etc.

Also I've been thinking of merchants to pitch this too. One idea I had was StackSocial.com. No idea if they'd be receptive, but it seems like a good fit. Maybe we should start using some type of collaboration tool -- Google Sheets, for example -- to list potential merchant contacts, their responses etc.

But first of all, we need the full details from the Byteball team.

byteball-for-merchants.com  is not the official websiste. There will be an API for merchants, they send the purchase details and customer's BB address to the api, distribution bot will send the bytes to this address. If the purchase is paid in something else than bytes, merchants will have to ask customers about their BB address.

Byteball payment gateway for web merchants https://byteball-for-merchants.com/ - BEEB  (Blackbytes Exchange Bot): https://www.beeb-bot.com/ (closed)
Network map, stats, Top Richests and Byteball world map at https://byteball.fr/ (closed) - Hub operator featuring the cashback witness https://byteball-cashback-witness.com (closed)
neurotypical

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:57:31 PM

Why would any regular person want to see old receive addresses?   Bitcoin doesn't do this by default either.

Click on Receive and you see an address.  You can click on Generate New Address at will.
I think that blasting a screen with a lot of receive and change addresses would simply confuse most people.  I think for this reason, no wallet (that I know of) floods the screen with such addresses for any crypto by default.

So this means each wallet can generate 16 different addresses?

But when the next distribution happens, will I get less money if my Byteballs are distributed across different wallets?

The distribution gives you a % depending on your holdings, and im worried that I will get less Byteball if my holdings are scattered across different wallets.
ByteFan

Also seb486

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 02:21:53 PM

But when the next distribution happens, will I get less money if my Byteballs are distributed across different wallets?

The distribution gives you a % depending on your holdings, and im worried that I will get less Byteball if my holdings are scattered across different wallets.

According to BIP44 each wallet maintains a pool of 20 unused addresses ahead of the last used address.
You can create new wallets from within your wallet (top left menu).

neurotypical

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:00:55 PM

According to BIP44 each wallet maintains a pool of 20 unused addresses ahead of the last used address.
You can create new wallets from within your wallet (top left menu).

I see, but what about the distribution %?

If it gets divided across different wallets, will I receive less byteballs compared to holding them all on the same wallet, or you receive byteballs for the sum of all the wallets?

If you create another wallet and receive money and you have no 2 wallets, the number that shows up will show the total amount of byteballs of all wallets or individually when you select a wallet?
amacar1

Activity: 710
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:10:22 PM

If it gets divided across different wallets, will I receive less byteballs compared to holding them all on the same wallet, or you receive byteballs for the sum of all the wallets?

If you create another wallet and receive money and you have no 2 wallets, the number that shows up will show the total amount of byteballs of all wallets or individually when you select a wallet?
Can you do some math?

You have 3 wallets each with 5GB, then you get 5*0.1 + 5*0.1 + 5*0.1 = 0.15GB
You have 1 wallet with 15GB then you get 15*0.1 = 0.15 GB

So it is the same.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:21:17 PM

Can you do some math?

So it is the same.

Dude, 15.*0.1 = 1.5
p2pGames

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:30:28 PM

Can you do some math?

So it is the same.

lol 5*0.1=0.5 GB
15*0.1=1.5 GB

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
horsecoinchina

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:21:38 PM

Can you do some math?

So it is the same.

lol 5*0.1=0.5 GB
15*0.1=1.5 GB

What's funny here? amacar1 all correctly wrote, and you just only copied after him
p2pGames

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:32:19 PM

Can you do some math?

So it is the same.

lol 5*0.1=0.5 GB

What's funny here? amacar1 all correctly wrote, and you just only copied after him

amacar1 - You have 1 wallet with 15GB then you get 15*0.1 = 0.15 GB
me - 15*0.1=1.5 GB

it's not same

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
machasm

Activity: 434
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:00:23 PM

Can you do some math?

So it is the same.

lol 5*0.1=0.5 GB

amacar1 - You have 1 wallet with 15GB then you get 15*0.1 = 0.15 GB
me - 15*0.1=1.5 GB

it's not same

Oh boy, hey horsecoinchina would you like to send me 0.01 BTC please using your maths please :-)

Carolina
3NVf1jJcFD3x2vJsm94jM4QTQnv7XnRTXG
amacar1

Activity: 710
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:19:35 PM

Lol sorry my bad  Cheesy

I mean:
You have 3 wallets each with 5GB, then you get 5*0.1 + 5*0.1 + 5*0.1 = 1.5GB
You have 1 wallet with 15GB then you get 15*0.1 = 1.5 GB

So it is the same.
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 1093 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.