Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2020, 02:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.20.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1216912 times)
bittybox

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:40:18 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2018, 08:04:08 PM by bittybox

I would crash the market with selling GBYTE only worth 5 Bitcoin.
As for now I am absolutly ok to put my money where my mouth is, how about offering me a bid wall on 0.0090, I will sell into it no matter the size of it..

That's not how "put your money where your mouth is" works, you would actually need to send the bytes to exchange and put the sell order up. Otherwise it's as much worth as me saying that I will put 10 BTC buy order when it drops to 0.008.

The actual price is 0.009 and not 0.008. But there you have my sell order up on 0.009. Now show us that you are not a chicken and buy into it.
But as you are a chicken and offtopic anyway, I won´t post anything related to your "put your money where your mouth is".

You are odd one, I was calling you out to put your 5 BTC sell order, which you said would crash the market. I said anybody can threaten to something, but it's worthless if the don't actually do it.

I did not offer them to buy, i gave you an example why just words don't maţter. Where is the market crash from your 5 BTC bag?
Based on your knowledge I dont know if you have ever been trading in your life. And if you have no idea you should be quite.
At the moment a market sell order of Bytes worth even 4.0747 BTC would have crashed the price from 0.009 right to 0.0076, so this is not a crash for you?
Here the order book just for you:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarmo888

Activity: 451
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 08:06:12 PM

Based on your knowledge I dont know if you have ever been trading in your life. And if you have no idea you should be quite.
At the moment a market sell order of even 4.0747 BTC would have crashed the price from 0.009 right to 0.0076, so this is not a crash for you?

Yeah, I don't know anybody who would be stupid enough to sell at market price. There is huge difference whether you put a 5 BTC worth of bytes to sell order at 0.009 (higher than market price) vs you sell it at market price. I don't even know any serious trader who would dump at market price.
zazarb
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1498

Get loan in just five minutes goo.gl/8WMW6n

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 09:30:21 PM

Regarding draw bot,
 I added bot from store, but his not visible in my contacts, how I can linking my balance to participate in weekly draw?

Some users have reported to have issues adding the bot when connected to some other hub than "byteball.org/bb". Make you are using that Hub and try to add again. Also, users who took part of Bitcoin airdrop might have this bot under Transition bot name because it's reusing the old bot.

No, I connected to "byteball.org/bb"
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 05:51:38 AM

Regarding draw bot,
 I added bot from store, but his not visible in my contacts, how I can linking my balance to participate in weekly draw?

Some users have reported to have issues adding the bot when connected to some other hub than "byteball.org/bb". Make you are using that Hub and try to add again. Also, users who took part of Bitcoin airdrop might have this bot under Transition bot name because it's reusing the old bot.

No, I connected to "byteball.org/bb"

Make sure you are using latest v2.6 wallet. Did it add any new bot or did it do anything at all? If it added empty conversation with no messages from bot, try to write something to it or remove the bot/device/contact and re-add it.
bittybox

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:34:33 PM

Price is already at 0.008 on bittrex. This will go further down if this stupid policies won´t stop.

1. Why its not possible to sellout Byteball stakeholder proportionately and not via Lottery ?

2. Why does someone with more then 1000 GB Byteball being penalized with only getting 0.01 Points for the airdrop instead of 0.1 Points like regular ? What it the incentive, should they sell their stakes ?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 03:23:10 PM

Price is already at 0.008 on bittrex. This will go further down if this stupid policies won´t stop.

1. Why its not possible to sellout Byteball stakeholder proportionately and not via Lottery ?

2. Why does someone with more then 1000 GB Byteball being penalized with only getting 0.01 Points for the airdrop instead of 0.1 Points like regular ? What it the incentive, should they sell their stakes ?

Did you joined cryptocurrencies last week? Byteball is volatile, for very long period it was around 0.007 (it went even as low as 0.006), this week rallied to 0.010 and now has come down to 0.008 again.

1. Not sure what you mean, there are even bigger distribution than this draw, other distribution are still running and the last draw winner has not dumped their winnings. Only ones that harm Byteball price are the FUDsters and weak hands.

2. There was too much whale dominance for the first week draw, so after first draw, rules were changed to give people with smaller amount of bytes fairer amount of points to compete with whales.
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 03:29:01 PM

Unfortunately there is also no consensus within the community how a quick and wide distribution of the coin can be achieved among people who use this currency for a specific purpose.
From the Byteball regime one can demonstrably expect nothing in this direction.

It should be clear that the value of the coin (and thus the price) is only defined by a clear benefit. But the team persistently refuses to create it, and the community doesn't take care of it either. The latter is only interested in getting their free coins. Whether they are worth anything at all obviously only few are interested.

To philosophize about the sense or nonsense of past and present distributions is not very helpful.
bittybox

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:15:03 PM

Did you joined cryptocurrencies last week? Byteball is volatile, for very long period it was around 0.007 (it went even as low as 0.006), this week rallied to 0.010 and now has come down to 0.008 again.

1. Not sure what you mean, there are even bigger distribution than this draw, other distribution are still running and the last draw winner has not dumped their winnings. Only ones that harm Byteball price are the FUDsters and weak hands.

2. There was too much whale dominance for the first week draw, so after first draw, rules were changed to give people with smaller amount of bytes fairer amount of points to compete with whales.

Ignorant, check my profile and you will see I am longer here then you or do I have to send you another screenshot?

1. You didnt answer my question. Why is the weekly draw airdrop distributed with a lottery instead of sharing the rewards along all participants ?

2. So people accumulating Byteballs over the time to help growing the community are being punished right now ?

Fairness and transparency to keep the loyal users is imo more important than anything else.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 04:24:12 PM

Ignorant, check my profile and you will see I am longer here then you or do I have to send you another screenshot?

1. You didnt answer my question. Why is the weekly draw airdrop distributed with a lottery instead of sharing the rewards along all participants ?

2. So people accumulating Byteballs over the time to help growing the community are being punished right now ?

Fairness and transparency to keep the loyal crowd is imo more important than anything else.

1. You have been so long here and yet you still haven't figured out that 1 un-attested address is not as same as 1 participant? Any un-attested user could create as many wallets as they like. If I generate 1000 wallets and you only 1 and there is no way to tell the difference then obviously I get 1000 times more rewards than you if the distribution is distributed based on participants.

2. Nobody is punished, you are not required to pay anything to participate in the draw, but being attested helps. The goal is to give both fair chance to win even when one is clearly richer than other and even when one found out about Byteball earlier than the other. In real life, in order to participate in lottery, the richest people have the highest chance to win with the lottery because they can buy lot more lottery tickets than poor. But rich people are usually rich because they don't play lottery because the know that odds are bad, Byteball Draw is not a lottery because there is no participation fee, so you cannot lose, you can only win if you are lucky.
bittybox

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:39:05 PM

Fairness and transparency to keep the loyal crowd is imo more important than anything else.

1. You have been so long here and yet you still haven't figured out that 1 un-attested address is not as same as 1 participant? Any un-attested user could create as many wallets as they like. If I generate 1000 wallets and you only 1 and there is no way to tell the difference then obviously I get 1000 times more rewards than you if the distribution is distributed based on participants.

2. Nobody is punished, you are not required to pay anything to participate in the draw, but being attested helps. The goal is to give both fair chance to win even when one is clearly richer than other and even when one found out about Byteball earlier than the other. In real life, in order to participate in lottery, the richest people have the highest chance to win with the lottery because they can buy lot more lottery tickets than poor.

1. If I have 1000 wallets with 1 GB on it, it should give me obviously the same amount of points as if I have 1 wallet with 1000 GB on it. Easy mathematics, no ?
If you refer to the real-name attestation and the complicated point system, it needs to be removed as their is no need to have it anyway.

2. Its cleary a punishing of loyal and over the time, Byteball accumulating people as the motivation is to reward only users with low amount of Byteballs or user which will cheat the system creating various real-name attestations.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 07:31:19 PM

1. If I have 1000 wallets with 1 GB on it, it should give me obviously the same amount of points as if I have 1 wallet with 1000 GB on it. Easy mathematics, no ?
If you refer to the real-name attestation and the complicated point system, it needs to be removed as their is no need to have it anyway.

2. Its cleary a punishing of loyal and over the time, Byteball accumulating people as the motivation is to reward only users with low amount of Byteballs or user which will cheat the system creating various real-name attestations.

What is the point of giving the bytes proportionately how much they already have? There is 21% left to distribute, what is the point if all that gets distributed to existing addresses.

Point of draw bot distribution is that everybody has chance to win without any risk (you don't have to buy a lottery ticket). Winner of first week draw was long time loyal hodler, I didn't notice that address spending any bytes and they had done real name attestation back in January, just 4 days after announcing real name attestation bot. Most likely they started using Byteball even earlier and got that much bytes with Bitcoin moondrops.

It is kind of funny, you are here on Bitcointalk saying that draw bot favors poor accounts and somebody on Reddit is arguing that it favors whales. It's true that first draw favored whales, but the rules changed right after first winner was announced and it should be more fair for both now. Let's see who gets randomly picked on 21st.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 924
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:42:48 AM

As soon as the rebranding comes it would be nice to have a parallel Rebranded-Byteball ANN thread which is strictly self-moderated so as to keep all nonsensical discussions out and have actually a cognitive value there. Nonsensical posts can then continue to be posted here, without the risk of getting spoiled by some occasional clever post.

━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
    ▄▄█████████████▄▄           ▄▄██████████████████▄▄               ▄▄███████████████▀
  ▄███████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████████▄           ▄███████████████▀▀
 █████▀▀          ▀▀████    ▄█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▄       ▄██████▀▀
█████                ████  █████▀                     ▀████     █████▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
████                 ████ ▐████                         ████   ████▀     █ ▄▀▀▀▄ ▐▌
████                ▄████ ████                          ▐███▌ ▐███▌      ▀▄▀  ▄█ ▐▌
████              ▄▄████  ████                           ████ ████        ▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
████    ▄▄████████████▀   ▐███▌                         ▐███▌ ▐███▌      ▐▌ ▄▀▀
████  ▄████████████▀▀      ████▄                       ▄████   ████▄     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
████        █████▄          ▀████                    ▄█████     █████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████         ▀█████▄▄                            ▄▄██████▀       ▀██████▄▄
████           ▀███████████████████████████████████████▀           ▀██████████████████▄
▀██▀             ▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀                 ▀▀██████████████▀
In Partnership With

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐█▄  ▀▀▀▀███▌  ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██▀▀▀▀███▄
▐███▄     ▐██  ▐██          ██▌    ▀███
▐██▀     ▄███  ▐██▄▄▄▄      ██▌     ▀██▌
 ▀  ▄██████▀   ▐██▀▀▀▀      ██▌      ██▌
   ██▌ ▀██▌    ▐██          ██▌     ▄██▌
   ██▌  ▀██▄   ▐██          ██▌   ▄███▀
   ██▌   ▀███  ▐██████████  ████████▀
TUBE

▄▄██
        ▄▄██████
    ▄▄███▀▀█████
▄▄████▀ ▄▄█████
    █ ▄████████
    █ █▀   ▀███
             ▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄      ▄██████▀
▀███▄▄▄████████
▀█████████████▀
 ▀███████████▀
▄▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀█████▀▀

▄████▌
  ████▀▀
 ▄████▄▄
▐███████
  ████
  ████
  ████
  ▀██▀

▀█████       ████▀
  █████     ████▌
  █▐████   █▐███▌
  █ ▐████ █ ▐███▌
  █  ▐████  ▐███▌
  █   ▐██   ▐███▌
▄███▄  ▀   ▄█████▄

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 12:12:41 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2018, 12:28:11 PM by tarmo888

As soon as the rebranding comes it would be nice to have a parallel Rebranded-Byteball ANN thread which is strictly self-moderated so as to keep all nonsensical discussions out and have actually a cognitive value there. Nonsensical posts can then continue to be posted here, without the risk of getting spoiled by some occasional clever post.
I have never heard information (official) about rebrand of Byteball.
Is it real?
Has it been really planned?

You probably haven't heard about it because you have not signed up to newsletter and because this ANN thread has turned into nonsensical discussion board, all the important stuff gets buried quickly with arguments whether some new distribution is fair or not. On Reddit, it's bit better to follow what is going on https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/

Latest newsletter about rebranding
https://medium.com/@byteballjesus/read-the-latest-byteball-email-newsletter-fun-new-distribution-bd9198692a82
https://steemit.com/byteball/@byteball.org/the-latest-byteball-email-newsletter-fun-new-distribution-and-branding-update
cerulean-blue

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 12:22:01 PM

Heyy good to see byteball getting some attention. Solid currency here Smiley
altcoinb

Activity: 314
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:39:03 PM

Freebe and luckybytes close end of the year Cry
pxrunes:
Dear users, since I was unable to find a sufficient successor to support and develop this chat bot,
I will have to shut it down with the end of this year. It was a very fun time and I really enjoyed this great and kind community.
I belive byteball will be a success but sadly I will be unable to contribute to it in the coming year.

luckybytes
Please make sure to spend all tickets until the end of the year. I will fill up any still open games with my own tickets in the end.

freebe
Please make sure to withdraw your funds, please note that since the funds stay in your smart wallet you will still be able to withdraw your funds after freebe shut down.

which exchanges for blackbytes are left?
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:57:06 PM

Freebe and luckybytes close end of the year Cry
pxrunes:
Dear users, since I was unable to find a sufficient successor to support and develop this chat bot,
I will have to shut it down with the end of this year. It was a very fun time and I really enjoyed this great and kind community.
I belive byteball will be a success but sadly I will be unable to contribute to it in the coming year.

luckybytes
Please make sure to spend all tickets until the end of the year. I will fill up any still open games with my own tickets in the end.

freebe
Please make sure to withdraw your funds, please note that since the funds stay in your smart wallet you will still be able to withdraw your funds after freebe shut down.

which exchanges for blackbytes are left?
A (supposedly) decentralized currency with important but centralized applications.
Does anyone else notice that something smells awfully here? - No, I don't think so. As long as there are free balls, no matter if they are worth something.  Roll Eyes
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:22:29 AM

any new direction for this project?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 10:32:58 AM

forward
Daysparte

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:10:16 AM

Byteball team and community no longer post on this thread, too much signature comment spam, they use reddit etc https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9yfbvt/i_am_tony_byteball_founder_and_lead_developer_ask/ 
codemanX

Activity: 644
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:12:22 PM

Byteball team and community no longer post on this thread, too much signature comment spam, they use reddit etc https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9yfbvt/i_am_tony_byteball_founder_and_lead_developer_ask/  

Every few days the same lame message from you, absolutely meaningless and unnecessary. Tony posted here just a few days ago.
Pages: « 1 ... 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.