Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:55:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 [560] 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:35:05 PM

The price is falling like a rock... anything went wrong? On the flip side, this may be a good opportunity to load up. I like the features of this coins and the fairness in distributing coins.

the last airdrop just happened a few days ago. someone just dumped a huge shitload of GBYTES and BTC is falling down - a lot cashing in on a lot of altcoins before BTC crashes down further.

The whole market is falling right now. It will continue to do so for the next month probably.

I would say chill out man.

Nothing certain. Lower u buy better profits once is all back to normal.
I would say we will see few weeks of bears taking control. But afer this jihan war clears we will see double the last ath.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AncientMystery

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:36:11 PM

Version 1.9.2 released https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases

This is mainly a bugfix release.
* Fixed two issues that caused full clients to crash while syncing in some circumstances (one of them was reported in this thread multiple times)
* Fixed restore from seed that was broken in 1.9.1
* Fixed restore from full backup that stopped working when the database exceeded 4 Gb
* Added warnings about cloning wallets
* Added welcome instructions
* Improved translations

Tonych, thanks for the updates! Is there plans to change distribution rates? Maybe give less GB per BTC or something like that?

bcsuisse

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:08:09 AM

guys . stop selling you chickens. unbelievable. this coin is one of the best projects in my opinion.

dump the other shit and hold this coin!

Bitrated user: kentokyo.
allcryptos

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:40:30 AM

The price is falling like a rock... anything went wrong? On the flip side, this may be a good opportunity to load up. I like the features of this coins and the fairness in distributing coins.

yeah, people are panicking to sell btc for fiat, soon you'll see regret and fomo.

BTW, did bittrex go mad ? 2 MB withdrawal fee when I sent to bittrex for 541byte ? They are charging 3700x more than needed ? WTF ?

Bittrex charges fixed withdrawal fee. They don't care how much you withdraw.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:22:21 AM

yeah, people are panicking to sell btc for fiat, soon you'll see regret and fomo.

BTW, did bittrex go mad ? 2 MB withdrawal fee when I sent to bittrex for 541byte ? They are charging 3700x more than needed ? WTF ?

Bittrex charges fixed withdrawal fee. They don't care how much you withdraw.

This. The tricky part with exchanges is that they get flooded with small inputs. As a result, they have to charge more to account for it. If people would quit using exchange addresses for faucets and other micro-payments, we wouldn't have that problem and it'd be cheaper.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:30:51 AM

I synced as full wallet now but when trying to restore my GBYTE wallet with seed it just says no active addresses found, who can help  on this issue?

I have been able to restore wallets on my full node.

If you want me to try with yours, send me your seed words. I'd recommend encrypting them to my PGP key. And only someone your seed words if you trust them not to steal your coins.

If I'm able to recover your wallet I'll send the balance to a new address for you.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:34:16 AM

If people would quit using exchange addresses for faucets and other micro-payments, we wouldn't have that problem and it'd be cheaper.

Exchanges should talk to the faucets who are spamming them and find an off-chain solution. That's what I did when I found my dice site being spammed by tiny faucet payments. Instead of having to consolidate thousands of worthless dust payments each day like I used to have to, now I provide an API to the faucet such that they can instantly debit their own account and credit the faucet user's account. It saves the faucet transaction fees when making the payments, it saves me transaction fees when tidying up their mess, and it makes the payments instant. win/win/win.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:47:21 AM

Code:
Error: Cannot find module 'byteballcore/constants.js'

I am trying to start headless-byteball on a Ubuntu server 16.04. Installed node and npm from apt-get, cloned headless repo and core into home directory and headless directory, but still getting error shown above. Am I missing something stupid?
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:04:28 AM

Code:
Error: Cannot find module 'byteballcore/constants.js'

I am trying to start headless-byteball on a Ubuntu server 16.04. Installed node and npm from apt-get, cloned headless repo and core into home directory and headless directory, but still getting error shown above. Am I missing something stupid?

Maybe.
In you application root directory do you have /byteballcore/constants.js ?
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:29:14 AM

If people would quit using exchange addresses for faucets and other micro-payments, we wouldn't have that problem and it'd be cheaper.

Exchanges should talk to the faucets who are spamming them and find an off-chain solution. That's what I did when I found my dice site being spammed by tiny faucet payments. Instead of having to consolidate thousands of worthless dust payments each day like I used to have to, now I provide an API to the faucet such that they can instantly debit their own account and credit the faucet user's account. It saves the faucet transaction fees when making the payments, it saves me transaction fees when tidying up their mess, and it makes the payments instant. win/win/win.

Please explain to me why the exchange "has" to increase its withdrawal fee to 3700x of the normal fee. I would understand a 10x, or even say 100x more fee but 3700x ?? I cannot understand that, can someone break (the technical part) it down ? What is the fee at cryptox.pl ? Cryptopia has Withdrawal Fee: 0.00002000 GBYTE. So it has 100x less than bittrex, 37x of normal fee, this is relatively acceptable. What bittrex does is theft in broad daylight. This has to change for real, sooner or later, just imagine if the price goes up, right now they charge 1~$ for withdrawal, (which is insane compared to 0.0002$ that is needed) so if GB reaches btc parity, you won't be able to withdraw anything below 5$ because it will be consumed as fee. Seriously, this is fucked up. Why nobody ever mentioned this here ?

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 06:38:04 AM

I synced as full wallet now but when trying to restore my GBYTE wallet with seed it just says no active addresses found, who can help  on this issue?

I have been able to restore wallets on my full node.

If you want me to try with yours, send me your seed words. I'd recommend encrypting them to my PGP key. And only someone your seed words if you trust them not to steal your coins.

If I'm able to recover your wallet I'll send the balance to a new address for you.

It means the twelve word seed you entered has no addresses used.  The seed addresses are empty if never used.  byteball prevents you from overwriting your current wallet with an unused wallet (safety).

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:24:10 AM

Please explain to me why the exchange "has" to increase its withdrawal fee to 3700x of the normal fee. I would understand a 10x, or even say 100x more fee but 3700x ?? I cannot understand that, can someone break (the technical part) it down ? What is the fee at cryptox.pl ? Cryptopia has Withdrawal Fee: 0.00002000 GBYTE. So it has 100x less than bittrex, 37x of normal fee, this is relatively acceptable.

They don't have to, they choose to. Byteball fees are far too low. They in no way cover the cost of storing the transaction forever. If bittrex wants to charge a fee for withdrawals, they are free to do so. If you choose not to use their service because you don't like their fees, that's your right.

What bittrex does is theft in broad daylight

That's entirely untrue. What bittrex does is provides a service and charges a fee for that service. They don't hide the fee. If you think they are charging too much, stop using them.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 08:08:11 AM

Please explain to me why the exchange "has" to increase its withdrawal fee to 3700x of the normal fee. I would understand a 10x, or even say 100x more fee but 3700x ?? I cannot understand that, can someone break (the technical part) it down ? What is the fee at cryptox.pl ? Cryptopia has Withdrawal Fee: 0.00002000 GBYTE. So it has 100x less than bittrex, 37x of normal fee, this is relatively acceptable. What bittrex does is theft in broad daylight. This has to change for real, sooner or later, just imagine if the price goes up, right now they charge 1~$ for withdrawal, (which is insane compared to 0.0002$ that is needed) so if GB reaches btc parity, you won't be able to withdraw anything below 5$ because it will be consumed as fee. Seriously, this is fucked up. Why nobody ever mentioned this here ?
I noticed the high fee too. I think it's simply the lack of competition: cryptox.pl is small, so most people choose Bittrex. You have to withdraw to get the 20% airdrop, so you're forced to pay the fee anyway. They do it because they can. Why wouldn't they? Trading volume isn't that big, they don't earn that much from it, and don't forget: if not for Bittrex, Byteball would be worth a lot less.
Compare this to Doge: Bittrex charges 2 Doge fee, which is a lot less than 2 MBYTE, even though Doge itself needs a higher fee than Byteball. But Doge has more competition. Give it time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:38:42 PM

I noticed the high fee too. I think it's simply the lack of competition: cryptox.pl is small, so most people choose Bittrex. You have to withdraw to get the 20% airdrop, so you're forced to pay the fee anyway. They do it because they can. Why wouldn't they? Trading volume isn't that big, they don't earn that much from it, and don't forget: if not for Bittrex, Byteball would be worth a lot less.
Compare this to Doge: Bittrex charges 2 Doge fee, which is a lot less than 2 MBYTE, even though Doge itself needs a higher fee than Byteball. But Doge has more competition. Give it time.

Well then we need to move from bittrex, I use cryptopia daily for more than a year, never had a problem with them, worst case was a delay of 10 minutes on a withdrawal. We should start using cryptopia, at least those who want to buy and withdraw small amounts, like 100$ or less, it makes no sense to use bittrex and pay 100x more fees than cryptopia has. How is cryptox.pl ? What withdrawal fees do they have ?

maryvale

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:48:04 PM

I used to trade at cryptox.pl, but now most volume is in bittrex unfortunately, so your buy/sell usually gets better price there. I wish more people trade at cryptox.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:22:24 PM

guys . stop selling you chickens. unbelievable. this coin is one of the best projects in my opinion.

It doesn't matter what you think or what you want.
This is not how it works. Don't fight the market! You will always lose that way.
So sit it out, hold the coins you have if you believe in it's success and try to take advantage of the actual circumstances and maybe buy more if you can or just sell and relax. Anything else will just make you go crazy in your head. Not healthy I can tell!
star citizen

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:36:14 PM

This is not how it works. Don't fight the market! You will always lose that way.
So sit it out, hold the coins you have if you believe in it's success and try to take advantage of the actual circumstances and maybe buy more if you can or just sell and relax. Anything else will just make you go crazy in your head. Not healthy I can tell!
Or invest only what you can afford to lose. At least this one will be interesting to see where it goes.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Efemen

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:21:25 PM

Any reason it dropped so much recently?
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:27:42 PM

Any reason it dropped so much recently?

the whole cryptomarket dropped - it's the only reason
davidoski

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:06:15 PM

It's foolish to sell btc now when it is the last chance to buy bitcoins that will be able to be imported on whatever split chain emerges after 1st August. After that date it will be possible to buy only one chain bitcoins. It's like selling ethereum before DAO split. Anybody holding or buying before that split ended having ether on two chains instead of one (Ethereum and Ethereum Classic). Unfortunately people don't act rationally but emotionally.

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Pages: « 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 [560] 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: