Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:47:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash EQM Zcash NVIDIA optimized miner [Maxwell/Pascal] + CPU mining v1.0.4c  (Read 237998 times)
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:08:29 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2017, 09:45:32 PM by m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Yes, this is used in NHM right now.

Regarding crashes. We will not deny that it cannot happen. We used some unsafe shared memory to gain extra speed. The crash possibility is very low. That is why there are auto-restart scripts included. If crash happens, it will not break your driver, so restart fixes it and you keep on mining.

Yeah that's why when i saw the script i was telling myself "hummm maybe this one isn't as stable since they put this script" ahah Smiley

Latest EQM seems to have stability issues, what about you all others fellow miners ? Im not able to keep it from crashing with same level even 5% lower OC than previous EQM version. Keep randomly crashing every 3-4h, happily i got my nice monitoring scripts to pick-up so mining downtime isn't that much but still annoying Sad

by the way nicehash guys, how do you use the monitoring/api port you can start with -a xxxx is that feature working ? i don't see any datas or port even being opened.

for me it works as in nheqminer: you query "status\n" on a raw socket on the port and get a json result back (though the last version i tested it with was a while back, but if nothing broke it it should still work)

Ah ok got it, the port is only listening on localhost, so you can't remotely query it, how silly of me it was actually in plain sight in the help (-a [port]       Local API port) . It indeed work on localhost, thx for sharing.

edit :

echo "status" |nc localhost 4444 |jq "."
{
  "method": "status",
  "result": {
    "connected": true,
    "interval_seconds": 300,
    "speed_ips": 1274.77,
    "speed_sps": 2380.54,

work, very nice Smiley status was enough no need for the newline \n or carriage return \r Smiley

Nicehash guys would be nice to be able to bind the admin port to a network card for remote query Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:49:13 PM

We were able to reach 490 on overclocked GTX 1080. We also noticed that temperature has some effect on all pascal cards - the higher it is, the lower it would clock and thus slower it would mine. But the hashing rate was always consistent, never more or less, as long as all clocks were fine. Also, if there is a driver crash due to too intensive clock, it may put your card into locked low clock and reboot is needed. That is all I can help you with. You may observe GPU load, TDP, memory load and see how these numbers compare to your first run of 500+.

Did you try to remove compute61 from the project file. Use compute 52 or 60 instead. In my latest skein mod the pascal cards trottle too easy when compiled with 61.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW ZILLIQA + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:54:04 PM

We were able to reach 490 on overclocked GTX 1080. We also noticed that temperature has some effect on all pascal cards - the higher it is, the lower it would clock and thus slower it would mine. But the hashing rate was always consistent, never more or less, as long as all clocks were fine. Also, if there is a driver crash due to too intensive clock, it may put your card into locked low clock and reboot is needed. That is all I can help you with. You may observe GPU load, TDP, memory load and see how these numbers compare to your first run of 500+.

Did you try to remove compute61 from the project file. Use compute 52 or 60 instead. In my latest skein mod the pascal cards trottle too easy when compiled with 61.

Interesting Smiley would it be why some pascal optimized miners seems to max out card better ?
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:35:04 PM

Regarding crashes. We will not deny that it cannot happen. We used some unsafe shared memory to gain extra speed. The crash possibility is very low. That is why there are auto-restart scripts included. If crash happens, it will not break your driver, so restart fixes it and you keep on mining.

Yeah that's why when i saw the script i was telling myself "hummm maybe this one isn't as stable since they put this script" ahah Smiley

Latest EQM seems to have stability issues, what about you all others fellow miners ? Im not able to keep it from crashing with same level even 5% lower OC than previous EQM version. Keep randomly crashing every 3-4h, happily i got my nice monitoring scripts to pick-up so mining downtime isn't that much but still annoying Sad

by the way nicehash guys, how do you use the monitoring/api port you can start with -a xxxx is that feature working ? i don't see any datas or port even being opened.

for me it works as in nheqminer: you query "status\n" on a raw socket on the port and get a json result back (though the last version i tested it with was a while back, but if nothing broke it it should still work)

Ah ok got it, the port is only listening on localhost, so you can't remotely query it, how silly of me it was actually in plain sight in the help (-a [port]       Local API port) . It indeed work on localhost, thx for sharing.

edit :

{

work, very nice Smiley status was enough no need for the newline \n or carriage return \r Smiley

Nicehash guys would be nice to be able to bind the admin port to a network card for remote query Wink

"echo" automatically appends newline for you Wink
NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:36:10 PM

Interesting Smiley would it be why some pascal optimized miners seems to max out card better ?

Interesting idea, but did not improve anything.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:39:59 PM

Ah ok got it, the port is only listening on localhost, so you can't remotely query it, how silly of me it was actually in plain sight in the help (-a [port]       Local API port) . It indeed work on localhost, thx for sharing.

edit :

{

"echo" automatically appends newline for you Wink

Oh right Smiley echo -n indeed doesn't work, used to have echo -n as default for echo because of an alias but i don't have it on this cygwin ^^;;
NiceHashSupport

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:41:38 PM

Since it was only 2 min of work, we added option to choose API bind IP. Will be in next 4c release.

m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:44:25 PM

Since it was only 2 min of work, we added option to choose API bind IP. Will be in next 4c release.

Awesome, thx  Shocked Cool i will be able to add to my little monitoring app/script local API in addition to NH web API for more accurate & responsive monitoring Smiley
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:38:36 AM

There will be another update with 1-2% speed increase. Then we will work on to prepare public source release. We will put solver cuda_djezo into existing nheqminer: https://github.com/nicehash/nheqminer and bump the version up to 0.5. We made this decision, because nheqminer is widely popular (200 times forked) and will serve good as a base for this new solver (with possibility of other solvers being added in near future - something faster for AMD perhaps?).

Cryptonote?

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
datBTC

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:28:35 AM

Yeah, maybe i just have a freak card or something. I stopped/started the miner today and boom the 1080 is hashing 530+ SOL/sec. Image below

https://s27.postimg.org/rp95lmckj/1080.png

martanFTM

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:32:28 AM

http://
488 sol/s on GTX 1070 // +200core / + 950mem - No TDP limit
kinda fake ... or more then 2.2ghz on gpu?

Power comsumption Huh .
It doesn't matter. I think it is impossible without hardcore hardware mode overclock.

Thing is, this is really nice piece of silicon. I have it for 1600p Gaming. I have a rig with 4x 1070, all of them are identical to this one (even same batch), but they are some 5 percent worse - power/stability wise.

MSI Gaming X - Samsung memory (all of them)
running around 2167core (sometimes boosting over 2200mhz) and 1000 mem - memory bandwith is doing the numbers. On other cards i can reach some 850 - 900mem 24/7 stable, this one was running 1000 for 2 months. Now i slowed it down to 950, i think i will fry memory in some time.
So, below screenshot is just for show, that was just a max overclock clean run for you as a proof. I can assure you it is stable indeed, but not worth it long term.

So, this is standard BIOS gpu, air cooled, Windows 10 1607, 375.95 drivers, default NiceHash setup.

One last thing...This computer has IGP connected to LCD. If i connect Nvidia output - hash drops some 10 - 15 sols....So, this is maybe the answer what you looking for - no magic invoved Smiley

Good hashing guys.

hash screenshot:
http://i67.tinypic.com/16jfosn.png

PS: GPU power shows 88, which is rather lot - as i said, this is just for show. If i drop OC just a bit, I`m around 80 and still achieving 475-480 sol/s
So, this card is also achieving better temps and power consumption than the other identical MSI. Question is, if it is a GPU quality, or Nvidia is doing bad job in applying thermal paste consistently on all cards....I will not tear it apart to just look, but someone could disassemble, put quality thermal paste and try...
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:31:32 AM

For me - the latest version is very unstable. I've got crashes a lot in compare with previous one.

yobit.net is banned from signatures
nexitorned

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:36:54 AM

Yeah, maybe i just have a freak card or something. I stopped/started the miner today and boom the 1080 is hashing 530+ SOL/sec. Image below

Lol nice Hashrate, with GTX 1060 took me like 20 days to reach minimun payment with NiceHash, i had to move mining ZEC directly and seems more profitable. 1$ per day with 250SOL/sec. It's weid with NiceHash EQM give to me 210-250Sol/Sec 0 stability, but with another pool 250Sol/sec.
xPwnK

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:51:32 AM

For me - the latest version is very unstable. I've got crashes a lot in compare with previous one.
Have you tried using the auto restart script?
xPwnK

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:57:59 AM

https://s27.postimg.org/rp95lmckj/1080.png

Lol nice Hashrate, with GTX 1060 took me like 20 days to reach minimun payment with NiceHash, i had to move mining ZEC directly and seems more profitable. 1$ per day with 250SOL/sec. It's weid with NiceHash EQM give to me 210-250Sol/Sec 0 stability, but with another pool 250Sol/sec.
The minimum payment is 0.001 btc. Shouldn't take too long with gtx 1060.
Mitja1998

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:05:20 AM

Hi, can someone tell me if a gigabyte gtx 1070 windforce oc is a good card and a good deal for 400€? I don' have much experience with nvidia cards. I have asus p5q-e mobo and 2x rx470 and 1x hd7950 and dont know if it is going to be compatible with nvidia card.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:06:27 AM

It would be nice if you can share the script that won't break the driver if crash occurs.  Thx
NiceHashSupport

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 10:13:10 AM

It would be nice if you can share the script that won't break the driver if crash occurs.  Thx

Just usual loop script. The trick it how the program crashes - if it is due to too high overclock, it would crash the driver alltogether. If it is an error in cuda app such as invalid memory access, it will crash without driver crash thus simple restart is possible.

tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:20:00 AM

Hi, can someone tell me if a gigabyte gtx 1070 windforce oc is a good card and a good deal for 400€? I don' have much experience with nvidia cards. I have asus p5q-e mobo and 2x rx470 and 1x hd7950 and dont know if it is going to be compatible with nvidia card.
Check your pm.
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:59:53 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 12:06:28 PM by tbearhere

It would be nice if you can share the script that won't break the driver if crash occurs.  Thx

Just usual loop script. The trick it how the program crashes - if it is due to too high overclock, it would crash the driver alltogether. If it is an error in cuda app such as invalid memory access, it will crash without driver crash thus simple restart is possible.
NiceHashSupport....yes I see thank you. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: