Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 [1591] 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:17:40 PM

Impossible...3600 BTC a day at $450 will be just $1.62mil total market output. Cannot be $3 mil/day.

Look at the date of the article.  Then consider that the quote wasn't taken on the day the article was published.  Then consider that the difficulty and exchange rate of BTC was not then, what it is now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:18:02 PM

thanks

"" We are serving more than three million dollars a day to resell the bitcoin we break ourselves," said Sam Cole , founder and vice president of KNC Miner with 80 employees and offices on West Higgins Road in central Stockholm. "

Impossible...3600 BTC a day at $450 will be just $1.62mil total market output. Cannot be $3 mil/day.

Its not 3 million USD its 3 million SEK and the article is old. They are mining around 360 btc per day.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:18:16 PM

thanks

"" We are serving more than three million dollars a day to resell the bitcoin we break ourselves," said Sam Cole , founder and vice president of KNC Miner with 80 employees and offices on West Higgins Road in central Stockholm. "

"tre miljoner kronor"

Swedish kronor

3,000,000.00 SEK = 458,525.01 USD

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:21:26 PM

But dumping 100% of the mined coins is extremely stupid. Why would they do it? I don't buy it.

Huh They want money.  They don't want to speculate on BTC, they just want the f'ing money.

How could anyone be surprised?  Not only did all of the KnC buyers give them the power (unknowingly I'll admit), but then they heralded Plan B as the greatest thing ever with all that free cloud hashing power the Neptune owners were going to get.   Well, it's almost Q2 time and not a single Neptune purchaser is getting cloud hashing.  No, instead they -- who don't give a shit about Bitcoin -- are fucking everyone by upping the difficulty and putting continued sell pressure on the market where normals miners wouldn't.

Anyone want to place bets on a time frame until a governmental agency puts the clamps on KnC and subverts their farm?  At least Bitfury had the decency to keep selling hardware and setup mines in vastly different geological locations under control of different people while he/they fucked everybody else  Cheesy
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:23:18 PM

BTC goes to $10 and NO ONE can afford to mine because the difficulty is 5 billion

logical error.

if NO ONE can afford to mine, why should the difficulty stay at 5 billion?

if NO ONE can afford to mine, no one WILL mine. and if no one will mine difficulty goes down to 1.

logic ftw my friend.

And how long is that difficulty going to take to drop if it is at 5 billion and 75% off the hashrate disappears. Going to take a long time to the next retarget.

Difficulty will be at 6 billion (that's 6,000,000,000) next week.

That's a loooooooong way to fall from.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:26:20 PM

BTC goes to $10 and NO ONE can afford to mine because the difficulty is 5 billion

logical error.

if NO ONE can afford to mine, why should the difficulty stay at 5 billion?

if NO ONE can afford to mine, no one WILL mine. and if no one will mine difficulty goes down to 1.

logic ftw my friend.

And how long is that difficulty going to take to drop if it is at 5 billion and 75% off the hashrate disappears. Going to take a long time to the next retarget.

Difficulty will be at 6 billion (that's 6,000,000,000) next week.

That's a loooooooong way to fall from.

Too many idiots bought hardware that will never ROI to think that they're accutely aware of what their earnings are comparative to their overhead.  They may also keep mining at a loss today on speculation that BTC will be worth more tomorrow.  Knowing what you know now, would you have quit mining at a loss when bitcoin reward halved?  If you took the risk of mining anyways, that would have been very profitable looking at how things played out.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:26:47 PM

I had the same problem with my CU, so I had thought until my refund showed up yesterday Cheesy

Did you just give them the routing and account number and they did it, or did you give them a SWIFT code as an intermediate bank?

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:26:53 PM

But dumping 100% of the mined coins is extremely stupid. Why would they do it? I don't buy it.

Huh They want money.  They don't want to speculate on BTC, they just want the f'ing money.

How could anyone be surprised?  Not only did all of the KnC buyers give them the power (unknowingly I'll admit), but then they heralded Plan B as the greatest thing ever with all that free cloud hashing power the Neptune owners were going to get.   Well, it's almost Q2 time and not a single Neptune purchaser is getting cloud hashing.  No, instead they -- who don't give a shit about Bitcoin -- are fucking everyone by upping the difficulty and putting continued sell pressure on the market where normals miners wouldn't.

Anyone want to place bets on a time frame until a governmental agency puts the clamps on KnC and subverts their farm?  At least Bitfury had the decency to keep selling hardware and setup mines in vastly different geological locations under control of different people while he/they fucked everybody else  Cheesy

Why not keep 10% of the coins for example? It's free money for them after all. 10% would mean around 50k$ per day which i'm sure means nothing considering the rest of the 450k$. They can win a lot more by holding a small amount of BTCs than what they win if they don't hold any.

Why would the gov put the clamp on KnC? They are making money and it's a win win situation.

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:28:42 PM

Why not keep 10% of the coins for example? It's free money for them after all. 10% would mean around 50k$ per day which i'm sure means nothing considering the rest of the 450k$. They can win a lot more by holding a small amount of BTCs than what they win if they don't hold any.

Why would the gov put the clamp on KnC? They are making money and it's a win win situation.

This.

but what still irks me, they have the cloud capacity and capability; now. if plan b is truly the best thing since sliced bread... open it up to your customers!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:30:49 PM

Anyone want to place bets on a time frame until a governmental agency puts the clamps on KnC and subverts their farm?  At least Bitfury had the decency to keep selling hardware and setup mines in vastly different geological locations under control of different people while he/they fucked everybody else  Cheesy

Sure, so they could have sold the 10% as they went and been guaranteed fiat gains, or could have held on speculation and lost half what they could've had.

I don't think it's a very solid assumption to think that they're happy enough with $450k to the extend that they'd gamble with 10%, at least not after going out to create the largest private mining farm on the face of the earth.

Who's making money, the Gov?  The Gov isn't out to make money, it's out for Control.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

but what still irks me, they have the cloud capacity and capability; now. if plan b is truly the best thing since sliced bread... open it up to your customers!

And that's a really good question, isn't it?  Why aren't they mining for the Neptune customers?  Why haven't they opened up Cloud Hashing sales?  Hell, they could open up sales and mine with the hardware themselves while it's not being rented out, but that isn't happening.  Why is that?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:34:43 PM

Huh They want money.  They don't want to speculate on BTC, they just want the f'ing money.

How could anyone be surprised?  Not only did all of the KnC buyers give them the power (unknowingly I'll admit), but then they heralded Plan B as the greatest thing ever with all that free cloud hashing power the Neptune owners were going to get.   Well, it's almost Q2 time and not a single Neptune purchaser is getting cloud hashing.  No, instead they -- who don't give a shit about Bitcoin -- are fucking everyone by upping the difficulty and putting continued sell pressure on the market where normals miners wouldn't.

just a minor correction... it IS Q2 time, as of April 1st.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:35:09 PM

Huh They want money.  They don't want to speculate on BTC, they just want the f'ing money.

How could anyone be surprised?  Not only did all of the KnC buyers give them the power (unknowingly I'll admit), but then they heralded Plan B as the greatest thing ever with all that free cloud hashing power the Neptune owners were going to get.   Well, it's almost Q2 time and not a single Neptune purchaser is getting cloud hashing.  No, instead they -- who don't give a shit about Bitcoin -- are fucking everyone by upping the difficulty and putting continued sell pressure on the market where normals miners wouldn't.

My bad, thanks for the correction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:40:48 PM

Sure, so they could have sold the 10% as they went and been guaranteed fiat gains, or could have held on speculation and lost half what they could've had.

I don't think it's a very solid assumption to think that they're happy enough with $450k to the extend that they'd gamble with 10%, at least not after going out to create the largest private mining farm on the face of the earth.

Who's making money, the Gov?  The Gov isn't out to make money, it's out for Control.

Well just because they have the largest private mining farm they can afford to gamble 5%-10%-any%. Being greedy isn't the only/single reason to create the largest private mining farm. I think they did it because it was a challenge for them, because they are geeky and every geek dreams to have a DC, because they could, because they wanted to beat the competition(bitfury) and so on. There are many more reasons beside the money to do this.

Good luck to the Gov trying to clam their DC. No legal terms yet for that and if they impose it they can just move the boards to Iceland. Job done.

atadro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:50:48 PM

Reaching out to those in the US that received refunds to a US bank.. I have been working to get one for a couple of weeks now with no luck..

My US bank is fairly large but they are US only so they do not have a SWIFT number but do receive international wires daily from SWIFT banks,  and I sent mine without any issues.

In any case KNC is telling me they cannot send my refund if my bank doesn't have a SWIFT code to give them, has anyone else run across this and if so how did you deal with it?

Thanks
Many times by several folks in here. Go open an account with a bank who has a swiftcode, no way around it.
Several of us, including myself, had to.

actually that is not true.  my US bank has no SWIFT and despite KNC being obstinate they eventually sent the refund just fine.  they need to use a US corresponded bank (with SWIFT) which is easy and very common. 
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:52:17 PM

That doesn't take into account that if their farm is 42-45% of all mining, it has then increased the network significantly so their actual share is less (or they want to deploy even more).

Wasn't there some math done earlier somewhere that showed that the best spot was 25-30%ish? After that any additional deployment would be under heavy diminishing return since you would in essence be competing with yourself.

Nah nah we are talking the UK Fiscal year here (Sam is from the UK originally isn't he?) so Q1 just started Wink
temen

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:57:13 PM

I Think that knc wants to take over the network blockchain so they can easily insert thousands of addresses with millions of btc in them to blockchain!

This needs to be just temporary while it takes to confirm these and after this they can retreat and drop the hashrate to "nominal" level.

This should worry us all
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:00:07 PM

who gives a fuck what their intentions are?
take it personally; they have fucked over each and every customer they ever had commit to buying from them.

Cry

ADD: is this to be the first blackmailing of the network?
"Keep your Neptune (pre-order) or we will mine with it ourselves and fuck your crypto-currency right up the arse"

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:03:37 PM

Well just because they have the largest private mining farm they can afford to gamble 5%-10%-any%. Being greedy isn't the only/single reason to create the largest private mining farm. I think they did it because it was a challenge for them, because they are geeky and every geek dreams to have a DC, because they could, because they wanted to beat the competition(bitfury) and so on. There are many more reasons beside the money to do this.

That's a hell of a lot of risk to assume for street cred and "because computer geek".  It may not be the only/single reason, but it's certainly a massive motivator.  I'm sure we can come up with all sorts of not so terrible reasons as to why they did it, but I personally am defaulting to the most likely scenario: the human condition.

Good luck to the Gov trying to clam their DC. No legal terms yet for that and if they impose it they can just move the boards to Iceland. Job done.

Oh you!  Because if a government agency wanted to subvert their farm they'd come in all polite and political like.  I imagine it'd be more along the lines of Agent whomever from the CIA or NSA pays them a couple off-the books visits, threats and all.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:05:05 PM

who gives a fuck what their intentions are?
take it personally; they have fucked over each and every customer they ever had commit to buying from them.

Cry

ADD: is this to be the first blackmailing of the network?
"Keep your Neptune or we will mine with it ourselves and fuck your crypto-currency right up the arse"

Sounds about right.  It's not as painful killing off the Goose that lay the golden egg when you've got Millions in the bank.
Pages: « 1 ... 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 [1591] 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: