Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 04:01:09 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 [1552] 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3007545 times)
isimme

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:27:30 AM

Reduce power 100W or more on your KnC miners

Hi all - I've read a lot about people increasing voltages to reduce errors and wake dies.. But how many of you have gone the other way and lowered voltages as much as possible while keeping errors low?

I have and I've reduced power by over 100W each of my November Jupiters using the 1.0 firmware. Here's a quick guide on what I did:

I'm going to assume you know how to use putty, can connect to the mining screen, and get around bfgminer settings.

As many have said, the first step is to change to bfgminer so you can see what's happening on each die. If you don't want to use bfgminer permanently that's fine, but you'll need it to tune so do this first and restart the miner if necessary.

Open the bfgminer screen and the advanced tab together. Then take a deep breath because you will probably freak out soon, but this is a very fast way to tune your miner. Read through the steps before you begin.

Make a note if your error %s by board. Reset stats in bfgminer. Adjust all voltages to -0.0803 and apply. This will make many of your dies start to throw errors and the screen will start to lite up with disabled core messages with a three digit code. The first digit is the board, 0 1 2 or 3 for a Jupiter, the next two are the core and this code also helps you determine which die. Here is the range from memory:
Die 1:aa-bv
Die 2:bw-dr
Die 3:ds-fn
Die 4:fo-hj

Check bfgminer error stats - for any boards throwing a lot of errors start looking for disabled die messages, I recommend going in sequence, if the first board is throwing errors look for disabled dies starting with 0. If you see:

0cn disabled

Then increase the voltage one step for board 1, die 2.

Keep watching the messages and try to find a core in each range. Don't spend too long, move on to the next board, repeating the process for all boards all core ranges.

Apply your changes and wait about 15 seconds for the firmware to cycle the cores.

Reset bfgminer stats. If you are lucky, and I was, one of your boards may already be stable. Repeat the process for any board that still has a high error rate. Only increase voltage one step at a time and only increase voltage when you see disabled core messages. Go through all boards all dies, apply, reset, repeat.

If you have any dies at -0.0803, lower these one step. Apply the settings, wait, reset stats, check errors. Reverse any that now throw errors, keep reducing any that are not producing errors.

Once you stop seeing disabled cores you may have a few dies that are still throwing errors. Now you want to switch bfgminer display to show all cores. Scroll through the list and look for ranges that have multiple cores throwing errors. Increase voltage one more step on these until you are happy with the error rate.

It took me about 10 minutes by the time I tuned my third Jupiter. All of my voltages are adjusted negative - most are around -0.05 to -0.07, I have a couple that went down to -0.09 and a couple that needed to come all the way back to -0.02. But, I've reduced both temps and power. I was getting many FAULT 4 messages regarding DC/DC temps but now they are all happy. Good luck and hope this helps you!

If KnC is nice maybe they will build auto monitoring and voltage trim right into the next firmware Smiley if they are really nice maybe I will get a few extra Neptunes for saving them a few megawatts in their data center Wink

But how does this effect performance?
With ASICS we are still in the age of performance over power savings.

If I was able to help you in anyway, tips are appreciated:
1A1RcqRKdApT4ViLmZcdDBES8rov3zjMYp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:55:15 AM

Anyone looking for some upgrade boards for thier jupiters? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523256.0
cap1

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:02:20 PM

KnC getting worse by the day.

I guess no refunds for scrypt miners so they can continually shaft you to the days end and then move you on to the script data centre they will no doubt start to build.  Roll Eyes

"As an insurance policy to our valued customers, we have started converting all the jupiter boards that were positioned for our long lost neptune customers into a scrypt data centre. To ensure we don't have to stick to our word or actually deliver you a machine, we'll be paying our scrypt customers in dogecoins end of Qwhatever whilst holding on to your $10k for a year. We plan to be extremely vague and monosyllabic regarding any future enquires and thank you for the free money"

madsusies

Activity: 293

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:28:13 PM

It is like if you ask yourself, what happen if the Jupiter's stop being profitable do knc force 1000 of hosting folks pay 150€ for ups ? Smiley
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:32:55 PM

COMING SOON* TO A CINEMA NEAR YOU!

*In Q2/Q3/Q4. All cinema tickets must be pre-ordered 6 months in advance

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
proclivity

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:34:53 PM

But how does this effect performance?
With ASICS we are still in the age of performance over power savings.

This is with zero impact to performance. Hashing at 760-770GHz, clocks all at 1000MHz, errors at same level as before tune, just less heat and less power.

Actually for me it's "improved" my hashing performance as I had one PSU kicking off on hot days and now the PSU also runs cooler.

For tips only - 12QT6zPJM5kQ5piZfn7tyFfcJrbgvSnMLn
faetos

Activity: 582

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:59:22 PM

*In Q2/Q3/Q4. All cinema tickets must be pre-ordered 6 months in advance

Classic!

Here's my theory on these guys - they used neptune pre-order money to pay for DC. Cat got out of the bag that they weren't close to getting said tunes out the door. Refund madness occurred. They needed more cash to pay for DC, so neptunes went on sale again. Nobody bought them because we're just not that stupid and learned how to do math. Bummer, what to do? The offer scrypt miners for 10G and no refunds. That way they've got the money and don't have to give it back when new people learn how to do math. Bonus smartness comes in when they will convert neptune orders that had the possibility of a refund over to the new "terms and conditions" of no refund scrypt miner. The last bit stinks of Hashfast.

Seriously, who is running the business over there? Do these companies all get together in some bar or strip club and compares notes?
merv77

Activity: 476

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:29:20 PM

KnCMiner Sells $2 Million Worth of Dogecoin and Litecoin Mining Rigs in Just Four Hours

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kncminer-sells-2-million-worth-dogecoin-litecoin-mining-rigs-just-four-hours-1441047

WTF Huh
nikolaz

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:44:22 PM

KnCMiner Sells $2 Million Worth of Dogecoin and Litecoin Mining Rigs in Just Four Hours

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kncminer-sells-2-million-worth-dogecoin-litecoin-mining-rigs-just-four-hours-1441047

WTF Huh

Well, what will happen if the devs decide to move from scrypt to scrypt-n? Also release date is so long away, it is better to invest your money on Dogecoin, start trading and become the woof of dogestreet. There are no correlations between introduction of ASIC into Sha-256 and Scrypt. More popular coin devs will listen to their community and move to ASIC resistant algorithms.
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1172

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:45:11 PM

WTF Huh

they just sold 200 miners ....

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
mvalley

Activity: 131

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:57:11 PM

I bet that peeps didn't read the T&Cs and think they can refund somehow. Oh the humanity!

WTF Huh

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:33:42 PM

WTF Huh

People are stupid and just gave Knc a interest free, 6 month, $2 million dollar loan that Knc will use to stock their data center with Jupiters.

Please don't pre-order from companies that are directly competing with their own customers!
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:41:01 PM

WTF Huh

People are stupid and just gave Knc a interest free, 6 month, $2 million dollar loan that Knc will use to stock their data center with Jupiters.

Please don't pre-order from companies that are directly competing with their own customers!
You really think they NEED it when they are pumpin mega -btc  Petahashes @ the DataCenter?
I don't.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
kendog77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:47:55 PM

WTF Huh

You really think they NEED it when they are pumpin Petahashes @ the DataCenter?
I don't.

Knc doesn't "need" to do anything, but they have made it pretty clear that they "want" to build the biggest mining farm in the world.

I still think it's very foolish to pre-order a Titan for 10k given the fuzzy six month delivery window and no refund policy. I strongly suspect that you'll be able to get more scrypt hashing power from a Chinese manufacturer for the same cost before Knc ever delivers a single Titan, so why take the risk?

The price / GH of in stock ASIC hardware is already about at the same level as a Neptune, and Knc is still silent on when the Neptune will be delivered.
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:50:00 PM

I don't.

So why they don't just sell in stock units...?

pre-order = crowfunding.
end of line.
kendog77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:53:04 PM

I don't.

pre-order = crowfunding.
end of line.

Because they can get millions of dollars worth of interest free loans from customers to build the biggest mining farm in the world. Bascially, they are using customer pre-order money to directly compete against those very same customers.

Talk about a conflict of interest.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:55:55 PM

I don't.

pre-order = crowfunding.
end of line.
With that said....  I think the no-refund policy is a must after the last two months of FUD in here, Imagine if you were them, and had to deal with 50 refunds every time one of the trio of trolling fudsters decided to type more FUD. I imagine without them, it would be easy to offer the refunds up to shipping as normal. In other words, you can most likely thank the trolls for that policy; because they obviously aren't short on cash, and nowadays Miners change their minds more often than whores change their panties. I definitely understand the no refund policy on Titan, especially because alts & scrypt are not even mainstream, and are pre-dominantly mined by people who think coins with no actual use have a future.

Seriously... look at this:    http://com-http.us/
it's gone to the dogs

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
kendog77

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:02:26 PM

I don't.

pre-order = crowfunding.
end of line.
With that said....  I think the no-refund policy is a must after the last two months of FUD in here, Imagine if you were them, and had to deal with 50 refunds every time one of the trio of trolling fudsters decided to type more FUD. I imagine without them, it would be easy to offer the refunds up to shipping as normal. In other words, you can most likely thank the trolls for that policy; because they obviously aren't short on cash, and nowadays Miners change their minds more often than whores change their panties. I definitely understand the no refund policy on Titan, especially because alts & scrypt are not even mainstream, and are pre-dominantly mined by people who think coins with no actual use have a future.

FUD? I can order 3 1TH Coincraft miners with a delivery date of March 29th for $11,000 right now, and Knc hasn't shipped a single Neptune or even given buyers any idea of when they will be delivered. I'm amazed that everyone who doesn't have a day one order hasn't cancelled yet, and even day one orders are looking worse and worse by the day.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:03:39 PM

I don't.

pre-order = crowfunding.
end of line.
With that said....  I think the no-refund policy is a must after the last two months of FUD in here, Imagine if you were them, and had to deal with 50 refunds every time one of the trio of trolling fudsters decided to type more FUD. I imagine without them, it would be easy to offer the refunds up to shipping as normal. In other words, you can most likely thank the trolls for that policy; because they obviously aren't short on cash, and nowadays Miners change their minds more often than whores change their panties. I definitely understand the no refund policy on Titan, especially because alts & scrypt are not even mainstream, and are pre-dominantly mined by people who think coins with no actual use have a future.
phoenix, lets go the other way and imagine pictures and statements.....even an 'oops' time to start over again or anything is better than..........................................cricket cricket..................................................................chirp cricket chirp...who who (says the owl)............................................................cricket cricket...................................................................chirp cricket...............................................who who...

they say silence is golden, but only at the movies!!
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:07:51 PM

FUD? I can order 3 1TH Coincraft miners with a delivery date of March 29th for $11,000 right now, and Knc hasn't shipped a single Neptune or even given buyers any idea of when they will be delivered. I'm amazed that everyone who doesn't have a day one order hasn't cancelled yet, and even day one orders are looking worse and worse by the day.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0

He's in denial.  The Neptune is quickly becoming (if it wasn't already) a terrible purchase.
Pages: « 1 ... 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 [1552] 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.