April 25, 2024, 02:28:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20767 20768 20769 20770 20771 20772 20773 20774 20775 20776 20777 20778 20779 20780 20781 20782 20783 20784 20785 20786 20787 20788 20789 20790 20791 20792 20793 20794 20795 20796 20797 20798 20799 20800 20801 20802 20803 20804 20805 20806 20807 20808 20809 20810 20811 20812 20813 20814 20815 20816 [20817] 20818 20819 20820 20821 20822 20823 20824 20825 20826 20827 20828 20829 20830 20831 20832 20833 20834 20835 20836 20837 20838 20839 20840 20841 20842 20843 20844 20845 20846 20847 20848 20849 20850 20851 20852 20853 20854 20855 20856 20857 20858 20859 20860 20861 20862 20863 20864 20865 20866 20867 ... 33301 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367761 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:43:46 AM

What is the net result of the mob style introduction of lightning.

1.) shifted the only alternative from litecoin to bitcoin cash
2.) created numerous forks all (most) share the same deflation aspect making bitcoin weaker in the process
3.) created disharmony, lawsuits, confusion and personal insults

I could not care less about Roger or Dr. whats his name. I care about the technical aspect and generally myself.
Isn't there some old saying, Better the Devil you know that the one not known.

Is the forced deviation for pure personal gains/interests by a bunch of individuals of which Lee was one of the main characters (and now wants unlimited bitcoin because of security issues) and had to venture several times to china to convince the miners (and probably forget a suitcase full of coins in the office) in the process or is there a deeper reason?

It is plain stupid to tell someone to buy some money. Bitcoin is an investment. Far better tools exist or can be used to pay for a coffee....
Money has no value it is just a tool. To add the bill of the coffee to my phone bill is just fine at the same time i would not top the phone up with life savings or some crazy amount.

Lighting is akin to ripple tech, no-one with sound mind sinks so low.

I don't claim to have a lot of technical skills, but I fail to understand the jist of your supposed concern about lightning...   From what I understand, lighting is in a testing phase that is getting a lot of increased usage, use of lightning is voluntary, lightning is largely pegged to bitcoin, so I have no idea how it could reasonably in any way be related to a centralized supply scam, such as ripple.

For the time. Will you give personal guarantee that it will remain so for ever. I can tell you it will not, why? Same reason as always enough money hungry whores exist.

Satoshi and scam ripple are light years apart. Lightning is much closer related to scam ripple than to Satoshi.
Satoshi give me an address and i sent you some coins, scam ripple lets establish a banking channel, NO get lost i dont want your scam.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:57:49 AM

OT : Jim Cramer, what a schmuck.

Cramer Remix: When companies show you who they are, believe them

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/25/cramer-remix-when-companies-show-you-who-they-are-believe-them.html

Translation:

"Companies are buying back their stock and lying their asses off to the public about their actual earnings like 99% of the time. The 1% of the time they are actually truthful and run out of money, sell and run like hell."  Yeah, when it's too late. Roll Eyes
V1lpu

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:15:23 AM

Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

That is the Milan Stock Exchange, at NASDAQ Facebook is at ATH. Nevertheless, all stocks are over-inflated, I wish I could see the same thing happening in NASDAQ (most likely sooner than later).

Sooner.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-25/and-most-popular-hedge-fund-stock
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:24:10 AM

That is the Milan Stock Exchange, at NASDAQ Facebook is at ATH. Nevertheless, all stocks are over-inflated, I wish I could see the same thing happening in NASDAQ (most likely sooner than later).

Sooner.

they talking even harder fall, in the comments of article
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:30:23 AM

Just need a broker like Schwab etc to do after-hours trading.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:38:51 AM

The whole U.S. stock market is just insane. They keep lying to the public quarter after quarter, year after year that everything is great, the economy is getting better and better, and profits are up YoY.

If anyone believes this nonsense, they need their head examined. Just one look at this chart proves that nothing has improved with the U.S. economy in the last decade, it has actually cratered. Companies only profit when money moves.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:40:17 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

I mean, I thought he had entirely restricted stock, which meant it could only be sold/bought within a designated trading window every quarter.

The implication I get from the article is that he's dumping outside the trading windows (unless I'm reading too deep into it), and that's why I'm confused.

Zuckerberg isn't personally dumping. It's the central banks and hedge funds that are dumping. They all have their wagons hitched to FB.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:51:46 AM
Merited by Torque (1)

I mean, I thought he had entirely restricted stock, which meant it could only be sold/bought within a designated trading window every quarter.

The implication I get from the article is that he's dumping outside the trading windows (unless I'm reading too deep into it), and that's why I'm confused.

Zuckerberg isn't personally dumping. It's the central banks and hedge funds that are dumping. They all have their wagons hitched to FB.
Imagine how crazy that would have sounded not even that many years hence. In the near future, central banks and hedge funds will me reliant on a social media app where people share pictures of food and cats. Nobody would have believed it.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:59:00 AM

Imagine how crazy that would have sounded not even that many years hence. In the near future, central banks and hedge funds will me reliant on a social media app where people share pictures of food and cats. Nobody would have believed it.
Hey, it's a bit dickish to point out, I know, but this is the second time. 'hence' looks forward in time. Replace with 'ago'.

It does sound a bit crazy, yet it feeds into the (conspiracy) theory that big finance knows or perhaps now thinks it knows exactly how to keep the masses entertained and docile - with catpics and 'foody-ism'.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:07:02 PM

Hey, it's a bit dickish to point out, I know, but this is the second time. 'hence' looks forward in time. Replace with 'ago'.

It does sound a bit crazy, yet it feeds into the (conspiracy) theory that big finance knows or perhaps now thinks it knows exactly how to keep the masses entertained and docile - with catpics and 'foody-ism'.
Yeah but language is not a mathematical formula, even if school teachers want it to be. Also english is not technically my first language (even if I probably know it better than my own at this point), so I have that excuse, so nyah.

And the masses will absolutely revolt at some point, just a matter of what the spark will be.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:15:37 PM

Yeah true. The best part is that the ignorant public believes that this is how these social media companies actually make money.... with memes, cat pics and grandmas baked goods.

Not even close. They make 99.9% of the money from selling user data to other companies, who then use that data to target ad campaigns, email and telemarketing.... and sell to govt agencies to spy on us.

So when a social media company like Facebook essentially tells their investors that they have stopped growing more user accounts, the investors dump the stock. Because they are not going to pay the same subscriber money to FB for access to the *exact same user account data* as they paid for last year, and the year before that, and so on. They already have that data.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:51:11 PM

The whole U.S. stock market is just insane. They keep lying to the public quarter after quarter, year after year that everything is great, the economy is getting better and better, and profits are up YoY.

If anyone believes this nonsense, they need their head examined. Just one look at this chart proves that nothing has improved with the U.S. economy in the last decade, it has actually cratered. Companies only profit when money moves.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

cryptographic money has improved in the U.S.A. ! Wink ahahh
katherin_panini

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:55:50 PM

Yeah true. The best part is that the ignorant public believes that this is how these social media companies actually make money.... with memes, cat pics and grandmas baked goods.

Not even close. They make 99.9% of the money from selling user data to other companies, who then use that data to target ad campaigns, email and telemarketing.... and sell to govt agencies to spy on us.

So when a social media company like Facebook essentially tells their investors that they have stopped growing more user accounts, the investors dump the stock. Because they are not going to pay the same subscriber money to FB for access to the *exact same user account data* as they paid for last year, and the year before that, and so on. They already have that data.

Precisely! And then what can they do? Create bots and sell their data? Facebook is backing itself into a corner pretty quick here, and they're gonna get despirate soon.

Data privacy has always been a big lie. But what can we do as consumers, really? Either you don't use their services (and don't exist as far as most people are concerned) or you suck it up and let them sell your data. Google will even listen in on conversations and then throw up relevant ads based on what you're talking about. Really. I've got a friend who worked in an advertising agency with them.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:05:07 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2018, 01:27:21 PM by Hueristic

Even if bcash is better, look at IPv4 and IPv6. IPv6 is objectively the better standard. It has enough IP addresses that you could have one for every electronic device in your home.

IPv6 has been around since the late 90s. And yet we still use IPv4. Why? Everything has been built on IPv4. It's established. Getting everyone on the Internet to migrate to IPv6 just never happened. Could it? Should it? Maybe. But it didn't.

With limited IP addresses the Internet stopped working right? No. They just adapted and used various layers to represent the various devices you use every day. You may have one router in your home which then assigns a local IP to your computers and phones. Most people have dynamic IP addresses so that when someone's no longer using an IP address it doesn't just sit there, it can be used by someone else. The Internet adapted. The end of the world did not happen as the IPv6 advocates proclaimed would happen once we ran out of IP addresses.

So work with the current Bitcoin protocol and do what you can to make that work because that's what we've got.

IPv6 is used for some LANs and other things within businesses. Maybe bcash can go that route. Who knows.

I can tell you why IPV6 was not adopted out of the box and that is because there there baked in vulnerabilities that M$ and 3 letter agencies tried to push to us and we spent a lot of time and effort vetting that and stripping it out. As far as it's current iteration, I have no clue.

Sooner.

How the hell is Zuckerberg able to dump his shares outside the trading window ?!

The inevitability of a free market, you have a problem with that?

These guys stole my retirement. https://www.britannica.com/topic/Salomon-Smith-Barney-Holdings-Inc
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:08:04 PM

So: topic swerve.

All y'all may recall I've been looking to Puerto Rico as a means of reducing capital gains taxes owed (I'm 'Merkin). But I've just learned of another (legitimate - according to IRS) potential route out of the system that may be as interesting:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesdigitalcovers/2018/07/17/an-unlikely-group-of-billionaires-and-politicians-has-created-the-most-unbelievable-tax-break-ever/

Anyone interested in forming a study group? Or is there some other subforum here in BCT that might be better for such a discussion?

Thank you for the link. Extremely interesting.

North Charleston, South Carolina, might be the most misnamed place in America, a path through a weedy, desolate neighborhood with 20% unemployment and a 40% poverty rate.

Can I invest in meth labs?

Grr. Be serious for a moment, dammit! This is potentially useful to a good number of us here. Boblawblaw? Where you at? I know you've got me on ignore, but this should be very interesting to you too.

This could be an opportunity for a seasteading Bitcoinist.  Set up shop in an o-zone (numa numa) to build components for the steads.  Dodge some tax money, employ a few people who need it and help to build your new community in the equatorial zone.  Win win win.

FryePondering.png "Not sure if serious...or trolling me".

No. The tax advantage bestowed by this program is only for investment in specially designated Opportunity Zones - all within the US, and in areas deemed economically disadvantaged in relation to surrounding locale. Unsuitable in the least for seasteading.

Perhaps I oversimplified my idea? The seastead dwellings would not be assembled in an O-zone; the specialized parts required for their construction would be manufactured in an O-zone and shipped to the equatorial region for later assembly.  It seems to me the design of the dwellings would need to be modular so mass production is a natural fit.  The cost of this production could be offset by setting up shop in an O-zone.  A bitcoinist could offset their tax liability without having to renounce their US citizenship while working on their dream of living autonomously.

The O-zone (numa numa) reference pertains to a romanian band which had an extremely popular hit single called "Dragostea din tei" which was referred to as the "Numa Numa" song in the US. It was the only other time i had seen the term O-zone; perhaps i'm alone in that respect.

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:10:33 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/drug-giant-glaxo-teams-dna-testing-company-23andme-n894531
yay drugs for the gullible with a few hundy spare https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1022414600099311616
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:20:25 PM

So: topic swerve.

All y'all may recall I've been looking to Puerto Rico as a means of reducing capital gains taxes owed (I'm 'Merkin). But I've just learned of another (legitimate - according to IRS) potential route out of the system that may be as interesting:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesdigitalcovers/2018/07/17/an-unlikely-group-of-billionaires-and-politicians-has-created-the-most-unbelievable-tax-break-ever/

Anyone interested in forming a study group? Or is there some other subforum here in BCT that might be better for such a discussion?

Thank you for the link. Extremely interesting.

North Charleston, South Carolina, might be the most misnamed place in America, a path through a weedy, desolate neighborhood with 20% unemployment and a 40% poverty rate.

Can I invest in meth labs?

Grr. Be serious for a moment, dammit! This is potentially useful to a good number of us here. Boblawblaw? Where you at? I know you've got me on ignore, but this should be very interesting to you too.

This could be an opportunity for a seasteading Bitcoinist.  Set up shop in an o-zone (numa numa) to build components for the steads.  Dodge some tax money, employ a few people who need it and help to build your new community in the equatorial zone.  Win win win.

FryePondering.png "Not sure if serious...or trolling me".

No. The tax advantage bestowed by this program is only for investment in specially designated Opportunity Zones - all within the US, and in areas deemed economically disadvantaged in relation to surrounding locale. Unsuitable in the least for seasteading.

I think he meant that you could manufacture the platforms and other components for the seastead in an opportunity zone. Then transport them someplace.

Thank you!  That's exactly what i meant.  I guess it would be better to read all the posts i missed before replying... I could have saved some time and typing replies on a smart phone is very annoying.  Angry
My kingdom for a phone that can read my thoughts!
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:25:29 PM

23andMe : The next Theranos story.  Roll Eyes
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:46:02 PM

The absolute state of science and medicine nowadays smh.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuroskeptic/2018/07/25/kinkiest-scientific-study/

Moving swiftly on, the absolute state of finance and financial journalism nowadays smh.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-26/up-to-two-thirds-of-bitcoin-transactions-have-no-economic-value
Pages: « 1 ... 20767 20768 20769 20770 20771 20772 20773 20774 20775 20776 20777 20778 20779 20780 20781 20782 20783 20784 20785 20786 20787 20788 20789 20790 20791 20792 20793 20794 20795 20796 20797 20798 20799 20800 20801 20802 20803 20804 20805 20806 20807 20808 20809 20810 20811 20812 20813 20814 20815 20816 [20817] 20818 20819 20820 20821 20822 20823 20824 20825 20826 20827 20828 20829 20830 20831 20832 20833 20834 20835 20836 20837 20838 20839 20840 20841 20842 20843 20844 20845 20846 20847 20848 20849 20850 20851 20852 20853 20854 20855 20856 20857 20858 20859 20860 20861 20862 20863 20864 20865 20866 20867 ... 33301 »
  Print  

Jump to: