April 26, 2024, 09:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 25826 25827 25828 25829 25830 25831 25832 25833 25834 25835 25836 25837 25838 25839 25840 25841 25842 25843 25844 25845 25846 25847 25848 25849 25850 25851 25852 25853 25854 25855 25856 25857 25858 25859 25860 25861 25862 25863 25864 25865 25866 25867 25868 25869 25870 25871 25872 25873 25874 25875 [25876] 25877 25878 25879 25880 25881 25882 25883 25884 25885 25886 25887 25888 25889 25890 25891 25892 25893 25894 25895 25896 25897 25898 25899 25900 25901 25902 25903 25904 25905 25906 25907 25908 25909 25910 25911 25912 25913 25914 25915 25916 25917 25918 25919 25920 25921 25922 25923 25924 25925 25926 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368092 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 02:22:46 AM

CP/M here i come (again). RS232 and a terminal emulator is all i need. stocking up on 8" and 5 1/4" floppies now

I really regret not keeping my Osbourne...like really

I still own a pair of (working) Compaq 'sewing machine' 8088-based PC clones. DOS on floppy, store to floppy. Woo-hoo!

cool

I'm watching ATARI 800 setups on ebay.  I don't know if anyone here is hip to M.U.L.E. but it is one of the best games of all time IMO and that is the best system for it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1646

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2020, 02:26:07 AM

When did scientists stop working to cure diseases?

Is it because they can make more money injecting the 99.99% of people that do not have the disease than they can make curing the .001%?

You realise that scientists who do research usually don't care about money? The ones that do, go work for industries that pay them giant sums of money to tell people about how healthy their product is. Also you will not find a real researcher who earns a fair wage. They spend too much of their time begging and kissing ass for tiny scraps of funds to get their own research off the ground. Once one of these billionaires dies of the Coronavirus, you will see a cure, very fast.
Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 02:34:51 AM

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/pope-francis-sick-a-day-after-supporting-coronavirus-sufferers/

RIP Pope??

This guy shakes a few hundred peoples hands each day all over the world. He is the Earths nexus point for germ spreading. At 83 years old if he has it, well its not gonna be a walk in the park. 14 percent mortality at that age.

These are dangerous times and King Bitcoin is here to keep everyone safe.

He has top notch medical service you could only dream of. He will do well.

LOL, an 83 year old with all the medical service in the world is nothing compared to a young healthy immune system the pope can only dream of. The pope already has sciatic nueritis. All the doctors in his Papal Kingdom can't cure it.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 02:39:31 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Well looks like Pence will be the person who will run point on the virus outbreak.

We're screwed. But at least he will prey for us.

We should just cut him out too and go straight to god, I don't trust him to pass on my prayers unedited.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 02:46:43 AM

Jesus hates you anyway...
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 02:47:22 AM

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/pope-francis-sick-a-day-after-supporting-coronavirus-sufferers/

RIP Pope??

This guy shakes a few hundred peoples hands each day all over the world. He is the Earths nexus point for germ spreading. At 83 years old if he has it, well its not gonna be a walk in the park. 14 percent mortality at that age.

LOL, an 83 year old with all the medical service in the world is nothing compared to a young healthy immune system the pope can only dream of. The pope already has sciatic nueritis. All the doctors in his Papal Kingdom can't cure it.

He also has GOD help.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 02:54:13 AM

plot twist (((they))) had a head start
Just got lucky in the lab they said.  Roll Eyes

"“Let’s call it pure luck,” he said. “We decided to choose coronavirus as a model for our system just as a proof of concept for our technology.”
But after scientists sequenced the DNA of the novel coronavirus causing the current worldwide outbreak, the MIGAL researchers examined it and found that the poultry coronavirus has high genetic similarity to the human one, and that it uses the same infection mechanism, which increases the likelihood of achieving an effective human vaccine in a very short period of time, Katz said.
“All we need to do is adjust the system to the new sequence,” he said. “We are in the middle of this process, and hopefully in a few weeks we will have the vaccine in our hands. Yes, in a few weeks, if it all works, we would have a vaccine to prevent coronavirus.”
MIGAL would be responsible for developing the new vaccine, but it would then have to go through a regulatory process, including clinical trials and large-scale production, Katz said.
Akunis said he has instructed his ministry’s director-general to fast-track all approval processes with the goal of bringing the human vaccine to market as quickly as possible.
“Given the urgent global need for a human coronavirus vaccine, we are doing everything we can to accelerate development,” MIGAL CEO David Zigdon said. The vaccine could “achieve safety approval in 90 days,” he said."

anyway i hope that they succeed.
from now they will be closely watched, and if good arguments, they will be quickly taken over.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 02:55:11 AM

Indeed, I’ve shipped devices that provided canned boot sector data before - not as an exploit, but because the operating environment needed such in order to function. Of course, that was a ‘from the factory’ thing, not a field exploit.

Yeah, that's exactly what THEY wanted you to believe Tongue

Just kidding. Or maybe not... Was that "canned boot" somehow easily replaceable with a different one afterwards? Ie: the canned boot residing in another area of the HD which could be updated or using a custom tool? Or just reusing all the developed firmware, replacing the "canned boot" and generating the payloaded firmware?

Well, the canonical example would be to package a disk with a 'paddle card' protocol converter which sits between the drive and the system's SCSI | ATA | Fibre Channel | 1553 | Ethernet | InfiniBand | whatever bus. The canned boot sector would be resident in the FW of the paddle card. Used for things such as allowing contemporary HDDs to be used as boot devices on legacy systems built before the dawn of large HDDs.

Yeah, well, THAT doesn't look like it would be so easily repurposed for malicious intents. But anyways, the point stands, not only it is theoretically possible but also psycodad has provided some links that would suggest it being exploited in the wild.. even if rare and requiring the exceptional talents and resources of the Equation Group (the malwaretech PoC was not even close).

Also note that the malwaretech blog required one solder or otherwise affix a JTAG interface to the drive's PCB. And that it described -- in 2015 -- hacking 'an old drive' - which would precede the era of signature protected FW. Though admittedly, the JTAG exploit could sidestep the FW signature difficulty.

From psychodad's quoted article on the NSA:

The attack works because firmware was never designed with security in mind. Hard disk makers don't cryptographically sign the firmware they install on drives the way software vendors do. Nor do hard drive disk designs have authentication built in to check for signed firmware.

^^^Obsolete info. Again, (most? all?) contemporary drives do indeed implement FW signature schemes preventing installation of unauthorized FW.

Then again, if my past employers had some backdoor agreement with the NSA, I'd likely not know about it.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 02:59:52 AM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

Romanian TV faking up an 'empty shelves' story. Everything from the shelves is just piled up behind the camera

Okay, I did some investigating and my initial presumption was correct.  Romanians would not do such a thing - they are honest people. (and easily panicked as they remember too well Ceausescu times when food wasn't rationed and was scarce; the waiting time in line for the basics was hours - people would start lining up at 3am to be sure to get something - some even sending their children to hold a place in line)

So Antena 3 was the station filming the empty shelving which originally contained flour.  The food in the foreground is some organic shit on tables (ain't nobody on a budget got time fo' dat!) and also some palettes of food yet to be stocked on shelves (described as "prostii" (junk - nobody would stock up on) in the video below.

https://www.cronicipebune.ro/antena-3-nu-goleste-rafturile/

after the base URL it translates to Antena 3 did not empty the shelves

You see! I knew Romanians were saintly people.

Lambie Slayer

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:04:52 AM

RIP Pope??

He also has GOD help.

God doesnt seem to be helping him much. Perhaps God is punishing him for not buying Bitcoin.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:23:27 AM

Indeed, I’ve shipped devices that provided canned boot sector data before - not as an exploit, but because the operating environment needed such in order to function. Of course, that was a ‘from the factory’ thing, not a field exploit.

Yeah, that's exactly what THEY wanted you to believe Tongue

Just kidding. Or maybe not... Was that "canned boot" somehow easily replaceable with a different one afterwards? Ie: the canned boot residing in another area of the HD which could be updated or using a custom tool? Or just reusing all the developed firmware, replacing the "canned boot" and generating the payloaded firmware?

Well, the canonical example would be to package a disk with a 'paddle card' protocol converter which sits between the drive and the system's SCSI | ATA | Fibre Channel | 1553 | Ethernet | InfiniBand | whatever bus. The canned boot sector would be resident in the FW of the paddle card. Used for things such as allowing contemporary HDDs to be used as boot devices on legacy systems built before the dawn of large HDDs.

Yeah, well, THAT doesn't look like it would be so easily repurposed for malicious intents. But anyways, the point stands, not only it is theoretically possible but also psycodad has provided some links that would suggest it being exploited in the wild.. even if rare and requiring the exceptional talents and resources of the Equation Group (the malwaretech PoC was not even close).

Also note that the malwaretech blog required one solder or otherwise affix a JTAG interface to the drive's PCB. And that it described -- in 2015 -- hacking 'an old drive' - which would precede the era of signature protected FW. Though admittedly, the JTAG exploit could sidestep the FW signature difficulty.

From psychodad's quoted article on the NSA:

The attack works because firmware was never designed with security in mind. Hard disk makers don't cryptographically sign the firmware they install on drives the way software vendors do. Nor do hard drive disk designs have authentication built in to check for signed firmware.

^^^Obsolete info. Again, (most? all?) contemporary drives do indeed implement FW signature schemes preventing installation of unauthorized FW.

Then again, if my past employers had some backdoor agreement with the NSA, I'd likely not know about it.

Yeah, that's why I say "would suggest it being exploited in the wild"... The NSA/EG articule has a lot of incoherences and none evidence either. However spritesmod did indeed work out a proper PoC (https://spritesmods.com/?art=hddhack) probably outdated though as the article is from 2013 and the research prior that.

Anyway, still theoretically possible... and practically possible for state-level or equivalent attacker. If there weren't plenty of other easier attack vectors that is.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:26:19 AM

I'm watching ATARI 800 setups on ebay.  I don't know if anyone here is hip to M.U.L.E. but it is one of the best games of all time IMO and that is the best system for it.

MULE is good, but Star Raiders was without a doubt revolutionary. An excellent game for the ages.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:27:43 AM

RIP Pope??

He also has GOD help.

God doesnt seem to be helping him much. Perhaps God is punishing him for not buying Bitcoin.

You have to BELIEVE!!
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:32:13 AM

Just checked prices for local hotels on cheapair. It... appears that I have been overpaying.

What about the air tickets at cheapair? Have you been overpaying for them too?
Very reasonable.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:34:11 AM

What about the air tickets at cheapair? Have you been overpaying for them too?

They're fucking useless if you're European. They don't list any of the most used airlines. You'll be able to fly from London to Oslo direct for $60 with Ryanair or Easyjet or go through them and spend 190 hours waiting in Baku for a legacy airline connection and pay $500 instead.

They can also stick $20-50 on most long haul flights too. One thing I'm not going to do is pay more for the honour of paying in BTC.
Ticket from Denmark to Thailand with Qatar air. Don't know why others are having problems.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:39:50 AM

RIP Pope??

This is good. The current pope is the antichrist. He can hang from the rafters with his clawed feet, and he spits acid twenty feet. Soon an evil will be gone.
Lambie Slayer

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 04:33:48 AM

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/worst-thing-my-career-us-stocks-suffer-fastest-collapse-record-highs-great-depression

Fastest 10 percent correction from all time highs since the Great Depression. I cant even imagine how much and how fast the Fed is going to forced to print more money. Along with all the other Central Banks.

Things could not be more bullish for King Bitcoin, the best Safe Haven in all the land. This is not a drill. Its happening.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 04:42:37 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

In which case Bitcoin will not go up. Fiat will simply go down.

In other news, watch out: Latest Mozilla update wants to route your DNS queries through cloudflare. Which since it's an internet provider means the Govt will be able to see all of your queries without a warrant.

(Run your own DNS servers ffs)
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 04:49:43 AM
Merited by fillippone (2)

Coronavirus update:

- The coronavirus has infected more than 80,000 people and killed nearly 2,800.

- New countries reporting their first cases are: The Netherlands, New Zealand, San Marino, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Poland, Israel, Romania, estonia and Denmark.

- North Korea's first confirmed coronavirus patient executed with a bullet. North Korea's borders will remain closed with China.

- Disneyland closes its venues in Tokyo until mid-March. Japan cancels sport and cultural events amid concerns Olympics.

- Japan's Prime Minister is requesting that all elementary schools, junior high & high schools nationwide close starting next Monday until spring break.

- Glucose strips and lightbulbs are approaching short supply in the USA due to supply chain issues from China.

- Covid-19 infects Iranian vice president, kills Iran ambassador to Vatican. Pope Francis falls ill a day after meeting crowd wearing masks in St. Peter's Square.

- Worst stock market drop since financial crisis in 2008.

- Shenzhen prepares ban on eating cats and dogs after outbreak.

- China orders workers going back to work, 2e outbreak inevitable?

- Germany to suspend constitutional debt limits temporarily and Italy suspends tax payments in virus zone.

- France's president Macron says coronavirus is an epidemic.

- 445 people tested for coronavirus in United States. Italy 655, South Korea 2,022. Numbers piling up across the glode.

- Israel bars entry to Italian swimmers ahead of European Championships. El Al announced it would suspend its flights to all destinations in Italy as of Friday, as well as to Thailand starting Monday. Over 1,500 Israelis in quarantine.

- Israel bars visitors from Italy from entering.

- Jordanian Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs and the organizing committee for pilgrimage trips to Israeli Muslims announce they freeze all planning of trips to Saudi Arabia's holy cities of Mecca and Medina.
  Saudi Arabia halted travel to the holiest sites in Islam.

- New Zealand restricts travellers from Iran.

Italy and Iran looking scary..

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 04:50:20 AM

is NextDNS any better?
Pages: « 1 ... 25826 25827 25828 25829 25830 25831 25832 25833 25834 25835 25836 25837 25838 25839 25840 25841 25842 25843 25844 25845 25846 25847 25848 25849 25850 25851 25852 25853 25854 25855 25856 25857 25858 25859 25860 25861 25862 25863 25864 25865 25866 25867 25868 25869 25870 25871 25872 25873 25874 25875 [25876] 25877 25878 25879 25880 25881 25882 25883 25884 25885 25886 25887 25888 25889 25890 25891 25892 25893 25894 25895 25896 25897 25898 25899 25900 25901 25902 25903 25904 25905 25906 25907 25908 25909 25910 25911 25912 25913 25914 25915 25916 25917 25918 25919 25920 25921 25922 25923 25924 25925 25926 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: