Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:53:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417954 times)
Stubo

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:58:34 PM

Completely disagree. This is dangerous way to overclock and could lead to catastrophic failure of your rig if a card dies on its own.. and they do.

Its discussed on the nvidia dev form with some python code that could be adopted to nvOC if anyone is interested:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/769851/multi-nvidia-gpus-and-xorg-conf-how-to-account-for-pci-bus-busid-change-/

Hi Guys,

I discovered a serious and potentially dangerous flaw in the way nvOC handles overclocking and would like to make a suggestion for an improvement.

We really need overclocking tied to the specific pcie slot (bus id) not an index that changes every time your hardware changes.

For example, if you have a gtx1080ti in slot 2, and a gtx1060 in slot 3, and your 1080ti goes offline for some reason or you remove it, the 1080ti overclock is now applied to what it thinks is the next card in the dumb index, and applies it to your gtx1060 potentially going POOF.

We need to apply overclocking to BUS ID:
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 1070    Off  | 00000000:02:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 70%   56C    P2   152W / 151W |    652MiB /  8112MiB |     99%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 106...  Off  | 00000000:04:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 70%   61C    P2   120W / 120W |    592MiB /  6072MiB |     99%      Default |
|   2  GeForce GTX 1070    Off  | 00000000:05:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 70%   52C    P2   118W / 120W |    614MiB /  8113MiB |     99%      Default |

Nothing to fix at all oO ...

You modified your RIG, you have to modify setting ...

How is OC by slot going to fix the scenario where a person just moves cards around in a rig as opposed to just removing one? Both scenarios are hardware changes and common sense dictates that the user be aware of this potential because they went down the path of path of individual OC in the first place. It is not like they went there by mistake, right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reinars

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:03:31 PM

Hey guys. Srsly nvOc Is amazing!!!
All rigs goin like monsters over here. Just one question.
One Rig does not want to launch any kind of miners.
Whenever I put "ETH" with my address and all it shows something about stratum.
Whenever I try to mine ZEC ( which is my main coin ) There is simply Nothing I Can do, it shows "there is no screen to be attached matching miner"
I double checked and still - there is no mining coming out from the rig. Anyone had this problem before?
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:36:17 PM

Hey guys. Srsly nvOc Is amazing!!!
All rigs goin like monsters over here. Just one question.
One Rig does not want to launch any kind of miners.
Whenever I put "ETH" with my address and all it shows something about stratum.
Whenever I try to mine ZEC ( which is my main coin ) There is simply Nothing I Can do, it shows "there is no screen to be attached matching miner"
I double checked and still - there is no mining coming out from the rig. Anyone had this problem before?

Check your network connectivity
can you ping google.com ?

leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:06:31 PM

There are moments that only 1 GPU wont get fully utilize and keep on going like that, problem with the current wdog on multiple GPUs is that it takes so long for wdog to restart 3 main if only one gpu fails, so on a 12 card rig it takes 72 times and while it checks every 10 seconds it will take more than 10 minutes for it to restart 3main

Any idea how to correct this?

Oh believe me, I have thought about this one, too, and have yet to arrive and what I feel is a good solution. Having the reboot time grow proportionally to #GPU is not ideal, IMO. I am all ears if somebody wants to chime in. The best that I can come up with is an upper limit on count instead of just 6xGPU. There has to be a better way.

The watchdog needs complete overhaul, some of its logic has no logic at all Wink
I had cases when one GPU would hang and pretty much brings the whole rig to a crawl. Its 6x logic (x 13 GPU's for me) caused 3-4 hours of slow ~10% performance before it realized its time to reboot. Quick solution for me was to scratch its logic and change the code to reboot on any detected problem... I'd rather lose 1 minute rebooting than 4 hours of mining at 10%

I will revisit the watchdog soon, see if i can come up with some new logic for it

Stubo

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:20:40 PM

There are moments that only 1 GPU wont get fully utilize and keep on going like that, problem with the current wdog on multiple GPUs is that it takes so long for wdog to restart 3 main if only one gpu fails, so on a 12 card rig it takes 72 times and while it checks every 10 seconds it will take more than 10 minutes for it to restart 3main

Oh believe me, I have thought about this one, too, and have yet to arrive and what I feel is a good solution. Having the reboot time grow proportionally to #GPU is not ideal, IMO. I am all ears if somebody wants to chime in. The best that I can come up with is an upper limit on count instead of just 6xGPU. There has to be a better way.

The watchdog needs complete overhaul, some of its logic has no logic at all Wink
I had cases when one GPU would hang and pretty much brings the whole rig to a crawl. Its 6x logic (x 13 GPU's for me) caused 3-4 hours of slow ~10% performance before it realized its time to reboot. Quick solution for me was to scratch its logic and change the code to reboot on any detected problem... I'd rather lose 1 minute rebooting than 4 hours of mining at 10%

I will revisit the watchdog soon, see if i can come up with some new logic for it

I was thinking of detecting similar situations by looking for the top process and looking at CPU utilization. However, there is the option of "plusCPU" where the CPU is mining XMR and it is pegged so that must be accounted for. In the scenario you describe above, is there any chance you saw error from the miner - "[Unknown Error]"? I have found that to be the one that turns 10 seconds into 1 minute on one of my rigs while mining with the DSTM ZM miner.
leenoox

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:54:46 AM

I was thinking of detecting similar situations by looking for the top process and looking at CPU utilization. However, there is the option of "plusCPU" where the CPU is mining XMR and it is pegged so that must be accounted for. In the scenario you describe above, is there any chance you saw error from the miner - "[Unknown Error]"? I have found that to be the one that turns 10 seconds into 1 minute on one of my rigs while mining with the DSTM ZM miner.

yup, it was "Unknown Error" when some GPU hangs, for me it was turning the 10 second cycle into about 5 minutes Sad
Confirmed by adding debug logging option... lowering the OC reduced those hangs, it still happens once in a while but adding reboot into the loop took care of it (dirty fix)

Temporel

Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:03:54 PM

Completely disagree. This is dangerous way to overclock and could lead to catastrophic failure of your rig if a card dies on its own.. and they do.

Its discussed on the nvidia dev form with some python code that could be adopted to nvOC if anyone is interested:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/769851/multi-nvidia-gpus-and-xorg-conf-how-to-account-for-pci-bus-busid-change-/

Hi Guys,

I discovered a serious and potentially dangerous flaw in the way nvOC handles overclocking and would like to make a suggestion for an improvement.

We really need overclocking tied to the specific pcie slot (bus id) not an index that changes every time your hardware changes.

For example, if you have a gtx1080ti in slot 2, and a gtx1060 in slot 3, and your 1080ti goes offline for some reason or you remove it, the 1080ti overclock is now applied to what it thinks is the next card in the dumb index, and applies it to your gtx1060 potentially going POOF.

top posting is disrespectful, wake up kiddo.
papampi

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 01:19:50 PM

Hi Guys,

top posting is disrespectful, wake up kiddo.

👍👍👍👍

poisonxa

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 05:10:47 AM

Guys if you need faster Help getting your Rig up and running Visit us at our Discord Channel : https://discord.gg/8YDFEvY You will get faster response so less downtime on your miner Wink

leenoox

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:46:54 AM

Claymore released version 10.2 for eth/dual miner.
TODO: update miner in next nvOC release

if you want to update to it do a quick search in this thread, it's been posted few times how to update it

papampi

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 07:46:52 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 03:42:02 PM by papampi

if you want to update to it do a quick search in this thread, it's been posted few times how to update it

Thanks mate,
Added to unofficial 19-2 update

damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:58:26 PM

Thanks mate,
Will add to unofficial 19-2 update

I think adding new claymore is even more simpler from 1_4 version, we just download the latest version, rename the main folder to 10_2 and add that selection in 1bash

CLAYMORE_VERSION="10_2"    # choose 10_2 or 10_0  or  9_8  or  9_7  or  9_5  or  9_4  or  8_0

this should do i think!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
DangerD

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:51:33 PM

Can somebody please compile ccminer2.2.2 ?
( https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer )
I need compiled binary... Can't do it because i don't have free space on flash stick...
Alienbert

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:10:02 PM

Hi.

Simple question for you Smiley

I want to mine ZEC to a closed pool with PW.
Is this the correct way?: Miner name set CUSTOM than Username.worker:PW

ZEC_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
# replace_with_your_ZEC_address
ZEC_ADDRESS=""
ZEC_POOL="coinotron.com"
ZEC_PORT="3346"

Do i need zec adress, because the adress is saved on pool.

Is this right?

Thanks
damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:12:06 PM

I need compiled binary... Can't do it because i don't have free space on flash stick...

I think i have compiled it very recently, will try to update it to my drive and share.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:17:30 PM

Hi.

ZEC_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
ZEC_ADDRESS=""
ZEC_POOL="coinotron.com"
ZEC_PORT="3346"

Is this right?

Thanks

I think coinotron is like suprnova or miningpoolhub.

you need to have an account with them, have a worker on their dashboard and make sure you set password 'z' for that worker! (never used that pool, please correct me if i am wrong).

ZEC_WORKER="yourCointronWorkerName"
ZEC_ADDRESS="cointronLoginName"

I have checked their help page, if you follow the above, it should work.

Alienbert

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:35:50 PM

Hi.

ZEC_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
ZEC_ADDRESS=""
ZEC_POOL="coinotron.com"
ZEC_PORT="3346"

Is this right?

Thanks

you need to have an account with them, have a worker on their dashboard and make sure you set password 'z' for that worker! (never used that pool, please correct me if i am wrong).

Thanks!
I want to try it now! Yes you right. You must have an account.
Why should the PW  "z"?

I write again if work or not  Grin

UPDATE: WORKS GREAT. THANKS FOR THE HELP  Kiss
damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:07:36 PM

Hi.

ZEC_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
ZEC_ADDRESS=""
ZEC_POOL="coinotron.com"
ZEC_PORT="3346"

Is this right?

Thanks

Thanks!
I want to try it now! Yes you right. You must have an account.
Why should the PW  "z"?

I write again if work or not  Grin

UPDATE: WORKS GREAT. THANKS FOR THE HELP  Kiss

Well, that password is not that important, you can put anything, its just a worker password, people can't move fund with that password.

I asked you to set it to 'z' because it has been configured as 'z' in 3main or nvOC. You can try with other passwords and test it.

Stubo

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:25:13 PM

I compiled it a few weeks back and put it here:

http://www.cstone.net/~stu/nvOC/miners/

Thanks.
damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:47:52 PM

I compiled it a few weeks back and put it here:

http://www.cstone.net/~stu/nvOC/miners/

Thanks.

Great collection Stubo  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: