Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:05:18 AM

It is GREAT to have you back MiningHabit!

That was an awesome post, the historic quotes backing up the quotes made by those in this forum were a nice touch.

The community is growing, and we're very excited to have the forum back and to be making strides towards the DNotes 2.0 release. There is a lot going on, and we hope to have more for you to see soon!

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:35:57 AM

Fidelity Adding Customer Crypto Holdings Info to Website

https://dcebrief.com/fidelity-adding-customer-crypto-holdings-info-to-website/
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:24:32 AM

Amazing job everyone - congratulations!
 Smiley Smiley
Are you new to DNotes or a returning veteran? Drop in and say hello, or ask a question if you have one.

What a brilliant community that has built up around DNOTES these past few years. Returning veteran here. I've been away for a minute (my wife works weekend nights, I work 24/7 on a tech startup, and we have 3 kids and don't live by family for help), but thankfully things look rosy on that end. I feel like my tech startup life has run a very parallel course to DNotes: sweet technology backed by a great vision and lots of hard graft which is now reaching escape velocity. So hopefully soon I'll be far more free after our exit to devote more time to this crypto community.

What a great compliment, I've been holding DNotes for 3 years now and I tend to agree with you. DNotes has been working very hard to develop essential infrastructure that will scale into a large corporation. Watching all the work that it took to bring the platform to it's current stage has been very impressive. This is a highly dedicated team and I've come to learn that DNotes also values their stakeholders almost as if they are family.

I echo every word of this post 100%.

I had just built a rig at the end of 2013 all those years ago and rather than just point it to an extant coin like LTC, I wanted to find one from Day One. DNotes' value prop hit me like a ton of bricks. It just seemed so SENSIBLE. There were so many coins releasing on a daily basis. Absurd premine scams, IPO frauds etc etc. There was a real, no bullshit dynamism to the NOTE platform. DNotes was (and is) truly going to be a shared stake coin. And so it has proven to be, and then some. So I've literally been a NOTE holder since Day 1, and will continue to soldier on as a died in the wool DNotes evangelist.

As Mark Zuckerberg said waaaay back in the day, "I'm here to build something for the long-term. Everything else is secondary."

This is a team with a dream thats becoming reality. They have a unbelievable abount of patience, more than i have...hats why even when they were quite working in the background not only did i not sell any, i bought more. Exciting times! Once again, i cant wait to see what the future of dnotes looks like!

In late 2013, I read Satoshi's whitepaper, a work of staggering genius, and was entirely convinced of the blockchain's power.

But I knew myself enough to understand that I am too emotional w/my investments. This is why I was a shitty hedge fund trader. If I just bought a bunch of BTC w/cash, I knew I'd care way too much about market movements. So I decided to build a supercomputer that could mine cryptocurrency. I viewed it then, and still now, as an educational expense. That's made all the difference.

Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't have the patience of Job to stick this long, like the DNotes team has. Kudos all around!!!

We have a strong conviction that by helping others to become successful it will ultimately result in great success for DNotes. Everything that we have done thus far, reflects our long-term commitment to build a trusted brand and one that is of great inspiration and value to those who believe in our missions with an invested interest.

In the meaningful life you use your highest strengths and talents to belong to and serve something you believe is larger than the self."
-Martin E.P. Seligman

It concerns me that people like Dorfman should be allowed to teach young malleable minds

"To know that you do not know, is best. To pretend to know when you do not know, is a disease."

-Lao-Tzu

Dr. Dorfman, like many other critics just look at the inherent weaknesses of emerging technologies and point out any imperfections. We, as innovators, are excited about the immense potential and commit our life savings and other precious resources to solve critical problems that constraint the progress of the technologies.

"I think almost every great investment has a contrarian check. A lot of people will think that’s a bad investment. But you have a good reason for thinking it’s a good investment and it will get to scale. Those are typically the unusually great investments."

-Reid Hoffman

“Very often when you are going for real innovation you have to go against prevailing wisdom, and it’s hard to go against prevailing wisdom when there are people who have been there for a long time and you have some vice president who says, ‘No, that doesn’t make sense.’ ”
Dr. Robert Langer, MIT Langer Labs

"If  DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators."
Bitcointalk: March 8th, 2014 - Alan Yong, DNotes co-founder

Right now, there are 1.5 trillion of USD in circulation and 8.5 trillion of gold mined WW over history. The crypto world now is not even 1% of that. The room to grow is absolutely enormous. I believe there is only one market of the 21st that is similar in size and scale, and that is the world of pervasive Augmented Reality governed by Networks of AIs. The obviousness of that world seems as apparent to me as a pervasive blockchain.

This entire thread has a very similar feel to how DNOTES felt to me the day it released. Only now, the entire crypto world has developed some SERIOUS street cred, and NOTE itself has appreciated nearly 10,000% since inception (no that's not a typo).

"Like an oversexed man at a harem. This is the time to start investing."
-Warren Buffet

Open source is great for this purpose, but there are also many people who instead of using the open-source nature to build and improve upon a network choose to only incorporate the work of others without ever actually building on top of it, or contributing anything new. There are many cryptocurrencies of this ilk, who you will find that while on the face of it may have kept up with 'industry standards', have only spend a few weeks incorporating the code of other open source developers into their own network.

I view blockchains in this fashion. As the top crypto-engineers make their upgrades more blockchain-specific to integrate within their own ecosystem, those crypto that rely upon copying and implementing modular updates will find their technical ability to copy insufficient, and/or the incompatibility issues from blockchain design engineering irreconcilable even if the technical coding ability is there.
"Standing on tiptoe at a parade. Once one person did it, everybody had to do it."
-Warren Buffet

Thing is, once everybody does it, then nobody can see. It's those few who peer through the crowd that get the real glimpse into what happens next.

What a post! You about summed it all up, with a cute little bow on it. You seemed to have hit most of the points Alan has been pounding into our heads for years and years. Thought for the day:

TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!! (Try crossing a railroad track at the wrong time).

Great post, and good to see you again, Mininghabit!! Time for me to get out in the garden and think about DNotes. I mean think about Daylilies!!! Thanks again for the support.

Kevin DeLucenay
AKA
Smokey
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 12:14:14 PM

It is GREAT to have you back MiningHabit!

That was an awesome post, the historic quotes backing up the quotes made by those in this forum were a nice touch.

The community is growing, and we're very excited to have the forum back and to be making strides towards the DNotes 2.0 release. There is a lot going on, and we hope to have more for you to see soon!

Excellent post MiningHabit, and welcome back!

"DNotes' value prop hit me like a ton of bricks. It just seemed so SENSIBLE. There were so many coins releasing on a daily basis. Absurd premine scams, IPO frauds etc etc. There was a real, no bullshit dynamism to the NOTE platform. DNotes was (and is) truly going to be a shared stake coin. And so it has proven to be, and then some. So I've literally been a NOTE holder since Day 1, and will continue to soldier on as a died in the wool DNotes evangelist." - MiningHabit

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 12:16:25 PM

reserve indonesia translate if you need

Thank you for the offer celot! I will send you a PM if we decide to go forward with translating the OP.

kalaria

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:28:25 PM

we can promote Dnotes2.0 on twitter similar Dcebrief campaign a long time ago. Smiley
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:43:37 PM

we can promote Dnotes2.0 on twitter similar Dcebrief campaign a long time ago. Smiley
good idea, promote through twitter or facebook, right?
hmm, i like that.  Grin
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:55:16 PM

Smiley Smiley
Are you new to DNotes or a returning veteran? Drop in and say hello, or ask a question if you have one.

What a brilliant community that has built up around DNOTES these past few years. Returning veteran here. I've been away for a minute (my wife works weekend nights, I work 24/7 on a tech startup, and we have 3 kids and don't live by family for help), but thankfully things look rosy on that end. I feel like my tech startup life has run a very parallel course to DNotes: sweet technology backed by a great vision and lots of hard graft which is now reaching escape velocity. So hopefully soon I'll be far more free after our exit to devote more time to this crypto community.

What a great compliment, I've been holding DNotes for 3 years now and I tend to agree with you. DNotes has been working very hard to develop essential infrastructure that will scale into a large corporation. Watching all the work that it took to bring the platform to it's current stage has been very impressive. This is a highly dedicated team and I've come to learn that DNotes also values their stakeholders almost as if they are family.

I had just built a rig at the end of 2013 all those years ago and rather than just point it to an extant coin like LTC, I wanted to find one from Day One. DNotes' value prop hit me like a ton of bricks. It just seemed so SENSIBLE. There were so many coins releasing on a daily basis. Absurd premine scams, IPO frauds etc etc. There was a real, no bullshit dynamism to the NOTE platform. DNotes was (and is) truly going to be a shared stake coin. And so it has proven to be, and then some. So I've literally been a NOTE holder since Day 1, and will continue to soldier on as a died in the wool DNotes evangelist.

As Mark Zuckerberg said waaaay back in the day, "I'm here to build something for the long-term. Everything else is secondary."

This is a team with a dream thats becoming reality. They have a unbelievable abount of patience, more than i have...hats why even when they were quite working in the background not only did i not sell any, i bought more. Exciting times! Once again, i cant wait to see what the future of dnotes looks like!

In late 2013, I read Satoshi's whitepaper, a work of staggering genius, and was entirely convinced of the blockchain's power.

But I knew myself enough to understand that I am too emotional w/my investments. This is why I was a shitty hedge fund trader. If I just bought a bunch of BTC w/cash, I knew I'd care way too much about market movements. So I decided to build a supercomputer that could mine cryptocurrency. I viewed it then, and still now, as an educational expense. That's made all the difference.

Otherwise, I definitely wouldn't have the patience of Job to stick this long, like the DNotes team has. Kudos all around!!!

We have a strong conviction that by helping others to become successful it will ultimately result in great success for DNotes. Everything that we have done thus far, reflects our long-term commitment to build a trusted brand and one that is of great inspiration and value to those who believe in our missions with an invested interest.

In the meaningful life you use your highest strengths and talents to belong to and serve something you believe is larger than the self."
-Martin E.P. Seligman

It concerns me that people like Dorfman should be allowed to teach young malleable minds

"To know that you do not know, is best. To pretend to know when you do not know, is a disease."

-Lao-Tzu

Dr. Dorfman, like many other critics just look at the inherent weaknesses of emerging technologies and point out any imperfections. We, as innovators, are excited about the immense potential and commit our life savings and other precious resources to solve critical problems that constraint the progress of the technologies.

"I think almost every great investment has a contrarian check. A lot of people will think that’s a bad investment. But you have a good reason for thinking it’s a good investment and it will get to scale. Those are typically the unusually great investments."

-Reid Hoffman

“Very often when you are going for real innovation you have to go against prevailing wisdom, and it’s hard to go against prevailing wisdom when there are people who have been there for a long time and you have some vice president who says, ‘No, that doesn’t make sense.’ ”

"If  DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators."

Right now, there are 1.5 trillion of USD in circulation and 8.5 trillion of gold mined WW over history. The crypto world now is not even 1% of that. The room to grow is absolutely enormous. I believe there is only one market of the 21st that is similar in size and scale, and that is the world of pervasive Augmented Reality governed by Networks of AIs. The obviousness of that world seems as apparent to me as a pervasive blockchain.

This entire thread has a very similar feel to how DNOTES felt to me the day it released. Only now, the entire crypto world has developed some SERIOUS street cred, and NOTE itself has appreciated nearly 10,000% since inception (no that's not a typo).

-Warren Buffet

Open source is great for this purpose, but there are also many people who instead of using the open-source nature to build and improve upon a network choose to only incorporate the work of others without ever actually building on top of it, or contributing anything new. There are many cryptocurrencies of this ilk, who you will find that while on the face of it may have kept up with 'industry standards', have only spend a few weeks incorporating the code of other open source developers into their own network.

I view blockchains in this fashion. As the top crypto-engineers make their upgrades more blockchain-specific to integrate within their own ecosystem, those crypto that rely upon copying and implementing modular updates will find their technical ability to copy insufficient, and/or the incompatibility issues from blockchain design engineering irreconcilable even if the technical coding ability is there.
"Standing on tiptoe at a parade. Once one person did it, everybody had to do it."
-Warren Buffet

Thing is, once everybody does it, then nobody can see. It's those few who peer through the crowd that get the real glimpse into what happens next.

What a post! You about summed it all up, with a cute little bow on it. You seemed to have hit most of the points Alan has been pounding into our heads for years and years. Thought for the day:

Great post, and good to see you again, Mininghabit!! Time for me to get out in the garden and think about DNotes. I mean think about Daylilies!!! Thanks again for the support.

Kevin DeLucenay
AKA
Smokey

Fantastic post. Thank you, MinningHabit. We appreciate everything that you have done for DNotes at the early days of its launch. It’s good to get the prospective of a returning veteran. It is also inspiring to have an unsolicited confirmation that we are making great progress in what we have committed to do.

Looking forward to see you often.

BlackMambaPH

Activity: 1022
Merit: 509

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:16:28 PM

Looks like the Team is looking for a signature design. I can help with that. I can also accept Dnotes as a payment or rewards. lol Hopefully I can help.

My signature design portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1705958.msg17094767#msg17094767
Send me PM here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=884853

Regards
BMP

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!
jamyr

Activity: 1764
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:26:36 PM

-Warren Buffet
I like this quote a lot since at the end of a parade, "trash" is everywhere.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:00:42 PM

Smiley Smiley

-Martin E.P. Seligman

-Lao-Tzu

-Reid Hoffman

-Warren Buffet

-Warren Buffet

Kevin DeLucenay
AKA
Smokey

Fantastic post. Thank you, MinningHabit. We appreciate everything that you have done for DNotes at the early days of its launch. It’s good to get the prospective of a returning veteran. It is also inspiring to have an unsolicited confirmation that we are making great progress in what we have committed to do.

Looking forward to see you often.

Agreed that was one hell of a post. Great to see you MiningHabit, I'm glad to hear that your tech company is doing so well. I'm sure we're all looking forward to your increased presence and support of DNotes as your schedule clears!
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:20:31 PM

What a brilliant community that has built up around DNOTES these past few years.

This is a highly dedicated team and I've come to learn that DNotes also values their stakeholders almost as if they are family.

This is a team with a dream thats becoming reality. They have a unbelievable abount of patience, more than i have...

-Martin E.P. Seligman

"This entire thread has a very similar feel to how DNOTES felt to me the day it released."

Amazing post MiningHabit and its great to have you back!

"This entire thread has a very similar feel to how DNOTES felt to me the day it released." - Totally agree! From the first day, everyone was welcomed and treated with the utmost respect. There was never a question that wasn't answered in a friendly non-condescending manner (and I certainly asked my share of dumb ones). There was a level of professionalism, common courtesy, and helpfulness that was nowhere to be found in any other currency.

Before I discovered cryptocurrency, I had spent the previous few years trying to figure out what I wanted to do in the next 'phase' of my life. I decided I no longer wanted to do anything that involved finance, money, computers, and sitting in an office. When I looked into bitcoin and realized it was one of those once in a lifetime opportunities to be involved in something bigger than all of us, I was sold. Without a tech background, there was a steep learning curve, but by relating to everything from a financial standpoint, the big picture became crystal clear.

It wasn't until DNotes launched however, that I felt I had finally found the team and project that was capable of building that 'larger than life' dream. Their no-nonsense business approach to cryptocurrency development made perfect sense to me, and I knew this was the project I wanted to be a part of. Now I spend my days dealing with finance, money, computers, and sitting in an office - I wouldn't have it any other way.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:54:56 PM

DNotes 2.0 Signature Contest - update

Our very own mrbum805 is the next lucky winner!

Congratulations to mrbum805, the 5th winner of 500 DNotes!

Message sent.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 05:57:07 PM

Welcome kalaria, appreciate the offer. Please do send me a pm or an email at contact@dnotescoin.com with your offer and i can get back to you in a few days.

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:03:27 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 12:05:05 AM by mrbum805

Message sent.  Smiley

Thankyou very much Chase and the whole team! I received the Dnotes and am Grin!!! This is a great promotion and I hope more join in and try to WIN some FREE DNOTES!!

By the way i'm starting to finally convince family/friends to put a little in Dnotes after trying to convince them for 2 years. I think there starting to understand the bigger picture. I really cant wait for the exchange because that will make it way easier for people that don't know how to use cryptocurrency. Which then allows them to also have more trust in it knowing they can do it themselves without my help. Plus then I can just tell everyone to go straight to a site and buy them and not say its a little complicated but duable, which normally turns them off.

Oh, one observation I made and maybe I just don't know where to do it. But it would be really nice if Dnotes wallet address names had the option be re-named if possible. That's just something I recently was trying to figure out.

Thanks guys, Glad to see your all your hard work catching lots of attention now! Your doing great!

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:36:13 AM

Congratulations to alfaalfa, the 6th winner of 500 DNotes!

Message sent.  Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 12:47:34 AM

Looks like the Team is looking for a signature design. I can help with that. I can also accept Dnotes as a payment or rewards. lol Hopefully I can help.

My signature design portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1705958.msg17094767#msg17094767
Send me PM here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=884853

Regards
BMP

Great job on the signature design! Very nicely done.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 12:59:01 AM

Message sent.  Smiley

Thankyou very much Chase and the whole team! I received the Dnotes and am Grin!!! This is a great promotion and I hope more join in and try to WIN some FREE DNOTES!!

By the way i'm starting to finally convince family/friends to put a little in Dnotes after trying to convince them for 2 years. I think there starting to understand the bigger picture. I really cant wait for the exchange because that will make it way easier for people that don't know how to use cryptocurrency. Which then allows them to also have more trust in it knowing they can do it themselves without my help. Plus then I can just tell everyone to go straight to a site and buy them and not say its a little complicated but duable, which normally turns them off.

Oh, one observation I made and maybe I just don't know where to do it. But it would be really nice if Dnotes wallet address names had the option be re-named if possible. That's just something I recently was trying to figure out.

Thanks guys, Glad to see your all your hard work catching lots of attention now! Your doing great!

Congrats mrbum805! Well deserved, and then some. Thank you for participating in the contest.

Many are starting to realize the potential of DNotes, and the more successful we become the more people will want to get involved.

You are absolutely correct on the current complexity and hurdles of being able to purchase. Ease of use, seamless integration, and even more advantageous than traditional financial systems are our goals.

That is a good idea, were you thinking more along the lines of using a pseudonym or vanity address?

Thanks for your continued support mrbum805!

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:53:21 AM

Message sent.  Smiley

Congrats mrbum805! Well deserved, and then some. Thank you for participating in the contest.

Many are starting to realize the potential of DNotes, and the more successful we become the more people will want to get involved.

You are absolutely correct on the current complexity and hurdles of being able to purchase. Ease of use, seamless integration, and even more advantageous than traditional financial systems are our goals.

That is a good idea, were you thinking more along the lines of using a pseudonym or vanity address?

Thanks for your continued support mrbum805!

Yes and thankyou! I was talking about pseudonym, So if i wanted to redesignate a wallet i could without starting over with a new one.. but actually vanity address would be great for certain people like vendors and charity.. I mean certainly it can be further down the line but great ideas to implement eventually if possible some day.

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
TwoCorn

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 04:11:58 AM

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to this change over when it happens. I only have just over 2,000 DNOTES as I was doing the faucet strategy that someone post on the crpto moms forum and was able to get up over 2,000 DNOTES claiming from faucets and selling those coins and buying DNOTES. I will be adding some more once the change over takes place.

Now that is cool! The faucet idea was mine, and it looks like you stuck with it way better than I did. Congratulations!

Thanks Wiser for that original idea. I found that post on Cyptomoms and it's what led me to DNotes. Started my 'Retirement' account on converted faucet revenue just a few weeks ago. I always wanted a reason to use faucets. I hope I can catch up to vella85. 2000 Dnotes on faucet earnings is impressive!

CryptoCopywriting.com
I write content and direct response copy for the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry
Website   BitcoinTalk    Twitter  Steemit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: