Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:58:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423215 times)
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:10:35 PM

I just hope to god SB tax declared it as valueless, or very low value, similar to the refund value or something... (ie paperweight of educational value only) or I have to pay another 200 bucks in VAT on import... that's gonna suck balls... I may consider just refusing to collect the shipment and let it return to Steamboat if that is the case...

It arrives tomorrow, so we'll see...

Yep, I got fucked.  245 USD in value added tax.  I'm not going to collect, so SB probably have to fork out return postage when the miners arrive back in Miami.

Sweet... I paid close to 1500 USD and got nothing to show for.

Steamboat, your goods deprecated close to 90% in value between payment and shipping the miners, why didn't the tax/export form reflect this... I can't take delivery of the miners now. Sorry.

-
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:03:10 PM

I dont see myself earning more that $500 with my 8 Klondike's.  They are running perfectly and are so well made, what a shame, hopefully I can off these on eBay after a month or two or bitcoin doubles in price.
chadtn

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:08:52 PM

Guys, if your Pi is freezing while running CGM (complete freeze with ethernet, usb etc), read this http://projectklondike.org/how-to-run#rpi-freeze

I can't believe I missed that on the website.  I just added the slub line in and moved one of my K16's over to test out the change.  I have no idea what kernel version I was running before, but I ran update & upgrade right before I installed the K16's.  That was the first time I had done this since I started mining on the pi a couple of months ago.  3.6.11+ is the kernel I was running when the crashes started.  I'll report back later with my results.

Thanks so much for all of your help and work zipiju!!

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
chadtn

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:20:31 PM

It only ran for about five minutes before crashing with one K16 installed.  The pi ran stable while not mining for the last 12 hours or so.  Is there a command to verify that I edited cmdline.txt correctly?  I added slub_debug=FP on it's own fresh line.  Should I have just stuck it on the end of that long string of text instead?

Thanks!

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
ionstorm

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:24:22 PM

I tried running these just now briefly At 375mhz and 383mhz, both settings returned 0ghs, what could be the issue?  They run fine on 350mhz and below.

Also what are the hard coded and supported frequencies? Can I choose like 355 and move on up to see how they perform? I got these running at 39-40c at 350mhz and can probably push them
chadtn

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:27:10 PM

I tried running these just now briefly At 375mhz and 383mhz, both settings returned 0ghs, what could be the issue?  They run fine on 350mhz and below.

Also what are the hard coded and supported frequencies? Can I choose like 355 and move on up to see how they perform? I got these running at 39-40c at 35mhz and can probably push them

Mine do the same thing when I try 375mhz.  I asked zipiju about it in the Klondike thread and here is what he said:

The current draw from the 1.2V regulators is probably too high and they are shutting down as soon as clock signal is enabled to the chips - which is with first work item. So try something lower, like 370 or 365 and it should work.

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
zipiju

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:29:31 PM

It only ran for about five minutes before crashing with one K16 installed.  The pi ran stable while not mining for the last 12 hours or so.  Is there a command to verify that I edited cmdline.txt correctly?  I added slub_debug=FP on it's own fresh line.  Should I have just stuck it on the end of that long string of text instead?

Thanks!

Chad

It's probably not mentioned at the site, but you have to reboot after you change that file.
And the boot partition should be mounted when you're editing that file. You can do "mount | grep boot", and if it shows something like /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime), it is mounted, otherwise it's not.
If it's not, you have to mount the boot partition - "mount /boot" should be enough if fstab is correctly set.
Then edit that file again. Save and reboot.

Be sure to check out http://projectklondike.org/ site
1CKscJAxjdhbJjJPJ9AzL2dWTmB6oc49UE
zipiju

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:31:48 PM

Also what are the hard coded and supported frequencies? Can I choose like 355 and move on up to see how they perform? I got these running at 39-40c at 350mhz and can probably push them

You can even choose 351 or 349 - basically it supports 1MHz steps. Firmware will accept frequencies up to 450, which is kinda overshooted, but it was set like that by Chris.

zipiju

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:33:12 PM

Thanks!

Chad

And yes, it should be in one line.

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 03:44:03 PM

I just hope to god SB tax declared it as valueless, or very low value, similar to the refund value or something... (ie paperweight of educational value only) or I have to pay another 200 bucks in VAT on import... that's gonna suck balls... I may consider just refusing to collect the shipment and let it return to Steamboat if that is the case...

It arrives tomorrow, so we'll see...

Yep, I got fucked.  245 USD in value added tax.  I'm not going to collect, so SB probably have to fork out return postage when the miners arrive back in Miami.

Sweet... I paid close to 1500 USD and got nothing to show for.

Steamboat, your goods deprecated close to 90% in value between payment and shipping the miners, why didn't the tax/export form reflect this... I can't take delivery of the miners now. Sorry.

Ah crap. I was hoping to avoid a huge duty. Well, mine arrived in the UK, I'll know the damage soon enough.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
zipiju

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:47:56 PM

Guys, if your Pi is freezing while running CGM (complete freeze with ethernet, usb etc), read this http://projectklondike.org/how-to-run#rpi-freeze

I can't believe I missed that on the website.  I just added the slub line in and moved one of my K16's over to test out the change.  I have no idea what kernel version I was running before, but I ran update & upgrade right before I installed the K16's.  That was the first time I had done this since I started mining on the pi a couple of months ago.  3.6.11+ is the kernel I was running when the crashes started.  I'll report back later with my results.

Thanks so much for all of your help and work zipiju!!

Chad

I've edited it on the site to make it more clear. And it wasn't there, I added that today after I read here that someone's pi is freezing, so you didn't missed that before Smiley.
Still work in progress Smiley.

ionstorm

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:55:32 PM

You can even choose 351 or 349 - basically it supports 1MHz steps. Firmware will accept frequencies up to 450, which is kinda overshooted, but it was set like that by Chris.
thanks for the info, I seem to be running stable at 360mhz right now, gonna leave it like that a few hours, also, I get "KLN0:0 went idle before work was sent" spam, is this an issue or just a statement that it finished work from the pool?
TomKeddie

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:36:15 PM

Firmware will accept frequencies up to 450, which is kinda overshooted, but it was set like that by Chris.

I think the 450 comes from Avalon, Chris just exported the limits from the chip.
morris14ccm

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:47:34 PM

Should be getting the one K16 I ordered on Thursday. I don't need to hook it up to a RPi or anything special, right? I can just hook it up to my PSU and plug it in to my computer via USB?
jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:03:16 PM

Yes morris14ccm, Plug it in to the PSU and USB to Computer. Download CGMiner 3.7.0 and run it.
running 360MHz stable  Grin

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
zipiju

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:08:30 PM

thanks for the info, I seem to be running stable at 360mhz right now, gonna leave it like that a few hours, also, I get "KLN0:0 went idle before work was sent" spam, is this an issue or just a statement that it finished work from the pool?

As I said before, it just means that when new work is being pushed to the K16 work buffer, that buffer was already empty (like the board is working on last work item or was idle for a while).
By default that buffer is 4 items long, but probably can be increased to like 8. I have that on to-do too, so when I'll test that and it will help and doesn't take too much space, I'll push it to the Git.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:26:31 PM

Wow, thanks.  I'll try that out tonight.

That should be in Raspbian to begin with IMO.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
chadtn

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:30:20 PM

Yes morris14ccm, Plug it in to the PSU and USB to Computer. Download CGMiner 3.7.0 and run it.

Adding slub to the end of cmdline.txt has my pi back up and running like it's old self again.  It's been hashing away without any problems for the last hour or so.  I started playing around with the clock settings and 360mhz was the highest value that my K16's would actually hash at.  What is weird is that at 360mhz they only hash at about half speed.  I get around 2.5 to 2.8 gigahashes at 360mhz.  The highest I can go on mine and still have full speed is 352mhz.  If I change it to 353mhz the hash rate drops dramatically.

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:44:19 PM

Adding slub to the end of cmdline.txt has my pi back up and running like it's old self again.  It's been hashing away without any problems for the last hour or so.  I started playing around with the clock settings and 360mhz was the highest value that my K16's would actually hash at.  What is weird is that at 360mhz they only hash at about half speed.  I get around 2.5 to 2.8 gigahashes at 360mhz.  The highest I can go on mine and still have full speed is 352mhz.  If I change it to 353mhz the hash rate drops dramatically.

Chad

Every time you change the value of the clock speed you must reboot the K16's. I'm sure new firmware will fix this minor problem in the near future.  jesse11 

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
zipiju

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:52:27 PM

Chad

Since the board uses two groups of 8 chips, and each group has it's own regulator, it is possible that regulator on one side (for one group) cant keep up with the other one - so one side is without power when clocked that high and another one is hashing. That would explain why you get half of the hashrate at higher clocks.

Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: