Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:04:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058405 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:35:10 PM

so can please anyone explain this.

With every round we have 180 Million DVC that are send to devtome.

Or how exactly does this work.

Who is the reciever of this money? Escrow?

Those coins are sent directly to authors' wallets, not to "devtome".

Devtome admins have the authors' addresses put into the "receiver files" that the DeVCoin clients and daemons consult to figure out who to send 90% of the mined coins to each block.

At some future time though the various projects like Devtome will use Open Transactions to divvy up coins between their authors and such, whereupon yeah there will have to be some kind of "treasurer" for each project, to whom the digiDevcoins on the Open Transactions server will be sent.

However, by then maybe the actual coins will be going to a "N of M signatures" address so that it would take more than one person, or even more than one Open Transactions server, to sign a blockchain tranasaction to move the actual coins. (Normally though all the Open Transactions servers that audit the one that requests a blockchain transaction be done to send coins on the blockchain will sign if the digicoins on the server are legit, so just the coins pool feature of Open Transactions won't by itself prevent the admin the digicoins are sent to misappropriating the coins. How to handle this needs some more thought/work.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:38:26 PM

so can please anyone explain this.

With every round we have 180 Million DVC that are send to devtome.

Or how exactly does this work.

Who is the reciever of this money? Escrow?

Those coins are sent directly to authors' wallets, not to "devtome".

Devtome admins have the authors' addresses put into the "receiver files" that the DeVCoin clients and daemons consult to figure out who to send 90% of the mined coins to each block.

-MarkM-

I see, so my devcoin daemon is reading those reciever files? Even when I am not mining?

So is there a command or rpc call with the daemon that spits out the current reciever files contents?

Or do I have to visit devtome to inspect the reciever file?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:42:22 PM

The receiver files are on your disk, in the subdirectory named receiver in your devcoin data-directory.

You could use a text editor to read them, heck maybe even a word-processor.

Or simply use the "more" command (or, on Linux systems, the new improved "more" known as "less").

(Maybe you might like to tell your file-viewer that that type of file is to use that type of viewer to view it; though since the extension of the filename is .csv, meaning comma separated variables, you might find your file viewer already recognises them as files suitable for viewing in a spreadsheet program and hey, they might look better viewed in a spreadsheet than viewed in a text editor or word processor.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:49:02 PM

Excellent, thank you.

So let's talk about the structure of a reciever file.

I see it has a node called _beginpeers / _endpeers

and _begincoins / _endcoins

What does it mean when sometime many adresses are listed together, separated by commata?
Did those people work on the same project or something?

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:51:40 PM

I get 404 if I try to open any csv listed in any of the peers of a reciever file.

http://devtome.com/files/receiver.csv
http://devcoin.darkgamex.ch/receiver.csv
http://d.evco.in/receiver/receiver.csv

Are they not accessible directly? Only thru a port, or something?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:53:00 PM

Each line is one block, each block is called a share, and the software supports having 1/5ths of a share (by placing five addresses on one line).

Try receiver_1.csv, receiver_2.csv etc. The number is the "round" number. (Each 4000 blocks is one "round" of payouts. We are paying out "round" 29 now I believe, and clients will pick a random block during this "round" to download the receiver_30.csv file so that they don't all ask for it at the same moment.)

-MarkM-

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:55:54 PM

Each line is one block, each block is called a share, and the software supports having 1/5ths of a share (by placing five addresses on one line).

-MarkM-

hm, There is no limit to the amount of blocks I assume?
or is there a theoretical limit of how many shares there can be?

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:57:30 PM

Try receiver_1.csv, receiver_2.csv etc. The number is the "round" number. (Each 4000 blocks is one "round" of payouts. We are paying out "round" 30 now I believe.)

-MarkM-

Aha, yes I see... now with _29 at the end, it opens the file. Cool.

So they excluded the number at the end of the peer url, because it regularly changes. Makes sense.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:00:35 PM

You obviously skipped a bunch of posts from a day or few ago, plus same data in posts way longer ago than that.

Each "round" is 4000 "blocks", and the mining tries, by adjusting "difficulty", to target an average time between "blocks" of ten minutes.

Thus a "round" - 4000 blocks - should on average tend to be vaguely around about a month or so of "real time".

It is a hard limit, as 4000 blocks is the definition of a "round", and since each block is a share, there are only ever at most 4000 shares.

This is why eventually we will likely end up with only 4000 projects getting a share each, or up to 20,000 getting a fifth of a share each, then each project will divvy up its coins among its participants/workers itself after it receives them.

For example in an Open Transactions server maybe a videos site might have an asset called Moviecoins or Videocoins, and a medical/health site have an asset called Healthcoins or Medcoins or whatever and so on, which it can give out to its workers and then periodically when it receives devcoins on the blockchain it can issue digidevcoins on the Open Transactions server to represent them and place offers in the markets in the Open Transactiosn server to buy back its medcoins or moviecoins or whatever wit digidevcoins, which in turn could be cashed out for real on the blockchain devcoins (maybe via a multi-dignature blockchaincoin-pool in which multiple servers must approve the digidevcoins in order to sign the multisig on-the-blockchain transaction that moves the actual on-th-eblockchain devcoins).

-MarkM-

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:03:08 PM

You obviously skipped a bunch of posts from a day or few ago, plus same data in posts way longer ago than that.

Each "round" is 4000 "blocks", and the mining tries, by adjusting "difficulty", to target an average time between "blocks" of ten minutes.

Thus a "round" - 4000 blocks - should on average tend to be vaguely around about a month or so of "real time".

It is a hard limit, as 4000 blocks is the definition of a "round", and since each block is a share, there are only ever at most 4000 shares.

This is why eventually we will likely end up with only 4000 projects getting a share each, or up to 20,000 getting a fifth of a share each, then each project will divvy up its coins among its participants/workers itself after it receives them.

-MarkM-

Yes, thanks for your patience, nothing like a dev you can ask questions and get immediate answers.
I try to read every post, but most I still find incomprehensible.
You are right, I'll go back to the beginning and reread. Problem is I don't know where to start, there are other locked DVC-Threads in this forum... should I go that far back?

So, is there a mathematical reason for having a maximum division of shares into five parts? Why not just up this?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:08:23 PM

Why not "just" change how bitcoin does things so everyone needs a new bitcoin client?

Such a change would be a so called "hard fork". I expect there is a lot of info about "hard forks" on these forums, especially in the technical / development section.

(Bitcoin likes to schedule such things two years in advance, so that once they do change the code they change it to code that says "when we reach this two years or so from now block, these new rules go into effect...)

Please check whether you read my previous post since I editted it as I was still working on it when you posted...

-MarkM-

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:21:35 PM

request at unocoin (Indian btc site) to add DVC
https://www.unocoin.com/contact.php

Done.  Everyone please do this!

I got a reply from Unocoin regarding adding a BTC/DVC trading pair.  Their reply was:

"Sure i have made a note of it. Our next plans is to get LTC. We will try to include DVC as well some time in future."

It's worth more people contacting them asking for DVC to be added to make sure they know there is demand!

cyke64

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:14:07 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 02:03:33 AM by cyke64

Testing 0.8.5 devcoin windows client (https://github.com/sidhujag/devcoin/tree/master/dist/Windows32)

Today Sidhujag has updated the devcoin windows client from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 (Devcoin-qt_V1.0.1.zip).
He has added dvcstable06/dvcstable07 to dns seed nodes.
Strangely you must choose the RAW button if you want download the zip file  Embarrassed
Extract the zip file in any folder and execute it.
After launch go to Help then debug window for viewing block chain counting  Smiley
Everything is perfectly running on Windows 8.

Cyke64, you are the first person to have written a post about installing Sidhujag's client, so you get 4 shares. Please send me a devcoin address from your computer and I'll add you to the bounty list. The next client testing bounty is 3 shares.

Thank you  Cheesy
I sent you my devcoin address from my computer in a private message.
cyke64

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:22:54 PM

#On the Charity Github, which US rocket is shown being launched?
#What is the most current version of the Windows Devcoin-qt?
#Name a pool where DVC is merge mined.
#What is unthinkingbit's DVC earnings address?
#What was the difficulty of block 118485?

Answers

Edit this wiki page and enter your responses below along with your Devtome username and your DVC address. Be sure to save the page so I know who had the earliest revision for tracking purposes.

# Apollo 15 rocket
# Windows Client Devcoin_QT 0.8.5 from Sidhujag
# Bitparking Merge Mining Pool http://mmpool.bitparking.com/pool
# [address removed]
# 466074503.558

Answers from cyke64 [address removed]

WINNER! Congrats to cyke64. Your DVC is on its way. Congrats for participating. If anyone would like to see more of these hunts, please tell me. My theory is that it is a way to get participants to dig into existing DVC related files and sites. Familiarity breeds DVC!

Thank you eeh   Cheesy
I've exactly received 1001 DVC and not 1000 from you ! Strange isn't it ? The difficulty answer was the most difficult to find until I found the block explorer site  (http://d.evco.in/abe/chain/DeVCoin?count=500&hi=118878Wink

Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 11:41:57 PM

request at unocoin (Indian btc site) to add DVC
https://www.unocoin.com/contact.php

Done.  Everyone please do this!

I got a reply from Unocoin regarding adding a BTC/DVC trading pair.  Their reply was:

"Sure i have made a note of it. Our next plans is to get LTC. We will try to include DVC as well some time in future."

It's worth more people contacting them asking for DVC to be added to make sure they know there is demand!

It might also be worth it to contact http://www.cex.io and ask them the same thing. It might help speed up their implementation process of alt coin trading. They presently have online Devcoin wallets and allow for withdrawals for a small 0.001 fee.

If you go to the "Faq" and then "Merged Mining" section it says..

"As of November 11th - GHash.IO has enabled merged mining of altcoins. These coins are mined simultaneously with the BTC, and give you additional profit. Information on altcoins can be found here: http://altcoins.com/

You can exchange alt coins for bitcoins on various exchanges. We will also be implementing a BTC to NMC, IXC, DVC pair exchange soon. Additional coins may be also implemented along the way."

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:35:05 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 06:12:59 AM by emfox

Hello, great news guys, bter.com one of the biggest altcoin exchanges in china has reply to me that they accept devcoin, and has announced officially dvc will soon be on shelf Smiley

http://bter.com/ (the english page has not updated, you could visit chinese page, and search for word "Devcoin", incase you know chinese)

Edit: It's on now http://bter.com/trade/dvc_cny

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 04:22:32 AM

Hello, great news guys, bter.com one of the biggest altcoin exchanges in china has reply to me that they accept devcoin, and has announced officially dvc will soon be on shelf Smiley

http://bter.com/ (the english page has not updated, you could visit chinese page, and search for word "Devcoin", incase you know chinese)

If you have a Chrome browser it does an instant translation of English to Chinese but I didn't see Devcoin on the Chinese side when I looked.

That is pretty cool though. The more exchanges that have Devcoin means the more chances there are that Devcoin could have runs.

I actually think that the model Bter is using will be duplicated many times in the future. It will be coin-in and coin-out only in the future for several of them, no cash whatsoever.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:59:56 AM

If you have a Chrome browser it does an instant translation of English to Chinese but I didn't see Devcoin on the Chinese side when I looked.

That is pretty cool though. The more exchanges that have Devcoin means the more chances there are that Devcoin could have runs.

I actually think that the model Bter is using will be duplicated many times in the future. It will be coin-in and coin-out only in the future for several of them, no cash whatsoever.

dvc hasn't on, but just announced, on chinese page you could see the announcement on the right column.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:07:41 AM

BTER has deposits and withdrawals enabled for DVC. So it's almost ready!
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:25:23 AM

I'm getting a lot of signup requests, and I just processed a few today from the last two to three days. If I missed anyone, please feel free to PM me again.

Merry Christmas, everyone Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: