Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058403 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:55:18 AM

Ahhh so you want them to last a while. The thing with Quibids is that it lasts only a few minutes each auction. They have 100's of them / day. I love the idea of doing gift cards and extra bids etc.  I think it is a great idea, I just think it needs to be thought out really well first and maybe have a few people work on it.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:56:20 AM

Both and yes the site would have to have ability to block some countries.

Ok, lets start with the site names

CryptoZing.com

Devbids.com
Dvcbids.com

We can accept coinpayments it would add user convenience.. amd later convert to dvc at market but the spread and liquidity will eat into profit that way as otherwise the bidder eats cost of acquiring devcoins at market or earning.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:01:07 AM

Ahhh so you want them to last a while. The thing with Quibids is that it lasts only a few minutes each auction. They have 100's of them / day. I love the idea of doing gift cards and extra bids etc.  I think it is a great idea, I just think it needs to be thought out really well first and maybe have a few people work on it.

No shorter auctions just at first start them staggered? like one a day at noon est or something.. then add more as we get comfortable.. I think they are a few hours long which drives people to bid but we can male it whatver we want I think 2 hours is fine mayne even less.. everytime you bid it adds 10 seconds.

With the amazom thing yea thats a good idea but we need to find out if we buy and auction doesnt get sold (small chance) then we need to ensure we can hold inventory without worrying about fees etc.. but I think once we start it will flow after bugs are ironed out.

First since alot of people are interested maybe want to provide input we can hear them all out and get the go ahead as a bounty if no objections and then we cam start development.. if people want to help lets collaborate and share the wealth Smiley
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:03:12 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 04:19:26 AM by Bittzy78

CryptoZing.com

Devbids.com
Dvcbids.com

We can accept coinpayments it would add user convenience.. amd later convert to dvc at market but the spread and liquidity will eat into profit that way as otherwise the bidder eats cost of acquiring devcoins at market or earning.

It might be wise to not limit the site to just one crypto. You can advertise Devcoin just as easily by accepting 2 or 3 cryptos and it gives the users more options on obtaining coins.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:08:09 AM

CryptoZing.com

Devbids.com
Dvcbids.com

It might wise to not limit the site to just one crypto. You can advertise Devcoin just as easily by accepting 2 or 3 cryptos and it gives the users more options on obtaining coins.

Right its a tradeoff of convenience and losing some profit by acquiring devcoin at market. So this is a business decision and not a whim decision because we are in crypto land!

Coins would only be used to acquire bids.

Converting bids back to dvc is where the profit is eaten up. If you accept only dvc then user eats that loss and market rises on the exchange they buy devcoins for bids.. I think this is better for starters and maybe add other coins once liquidity is good enough to avoid high exchange fees.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:27:21 AM

CryptoZing.com

Devbids.com
Dvcbids.com

It might wise to not limit the site to just one crypto. You can advertise Devcoin just as easily by accepting 2 or 3 cryptos and it gives the users more options on obtaining coins.

Right its a tradeoff of convenience and losing some profit by acquiring devcoin at market. So this is a business decision and not a whim decision because we are in crypto land!

Coins would only be used to acquire bids.

Converting bids back to dvc is where the profit is eaten up. If you accept only dvc then user eats that loss and market rises on the exchange they buy devcoins for bids.. I think this is better for starters and maybe add other coins once liquidity is good enough to avoid high exchange fees.

Since users would be purchasing bids and not crypto, I think that Paypal (or at least balances on Paypal) could be used as an option as well.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:43:57 AM

Such a site probably requires very good knowledge of your traffic.

You need a certain number of bids on any given item just to break even on that item, so you need to know how much traffic you can drive how fast and how much of it statistically will actually bid - or even be able to bid if it takes a while for them to read all about it decide they want to buy some bids go get the right kind of cash to buy bids with, have it confirmed enough times on its blockchain, and still manage to get in a bid before the auction closes.

Maybe a lot of lead time would be good, like have the first feature of the site be the ability to buy bids, with the knowledge the first auction will be in a month, or in 90 days or whatever, with the price of bids going up constantly as the time of the first auction approaches and a foreknowledge of what things will be up for auction based on how many bids have been sold by the time the actual auctions go live.

Like...

Day one, wow, we only just started, buy bids today for only X coins, if in 90 days when the auctions open at least Y bids have sold a share of devcoins (worth 1000 words or 40 hours of work, truly, check out our page about devcoin shares) will be the first auction!

Day two, wow, we already sold so many bids we already know one share of devcoin distribution will be the first auction, that is only 89 days from now folks! Today bids cost X2 each and if by the time auctions go live we have sold Y2 total bids then the second auction will be for one share of devcoins and three links from relevant Devtome articles to articles of your own in your own blog, though notice of course (see link) that if you were yourself a Devtome author links from the Devtome would be a perk to you so we are also throwing in twenty thousand GeistGeld, ten thousand CoiLedCoin, five thousand GRouPcoin, two thousand I0Coin, one thousand IXCoin, one hundred NaMeCoin and fifty milliBiTCoins!

Day three, wow, check out how work on the site is progressing! Plus we sold so many bids yesterday that we already know the third auction is going to be for two shares of devcoin distribution, one whole bitcoin, ten whole namecoins, one thousand IXCoins, five thousand I0Coins, ten thousand GRouPcoins, twenty thousand CoiLedCoins, fifty thousand GeistGeld, full setup of a dedicated server running all the merged mined coins so you can merged mine all eight merged mined coins using p2pool, and the first month's hosting fee for that server! Today bids cost X3 and if we sell at least Y3 the fourth auction will be .... etc etc etc...

Probably 90 days is much more realistic a lead time than pretending we will be fully ready for the first auction in only one month.

Also maybe  even once auctions start they can always be determined well in advance like that and based on number of bids already sold, so that the site always has up front in advance all the wealth required to buy all the things that have been scheduled to be auctioned in the future.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:53:20 AM

Since users would be purchasing bids and not crypto, I think that Paypal (or at least balances on Paypal) could be used as an option as well.

You have to be very careful with PayPal. It has come to my attention that sellers of crypto are getting their accounts suspended as they could be considered a financial service or currency exchange. This is not something to be taken lightly. I know I suggested an auction site, and some one else mentioned possible legal ramifications of any type of business associated with dvc attracting attention for what may have been an idea with good intentions, but could possibly be perceived as being something more than what it really is. I would suggest that for now this idea be considered more deeply before being implemented. I don't believe it is wise at this point in time.

Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:55:04 AM

You need a certain number of bids on any given item just to break even on that item, so you need to know how much traffic you can drive how fast and how much of it statistically will actually bid - or even be able to bid if it takes a while for them to read all about it decide they want to buy some bids go get the right kind of cash to buy bids with, have it confirmed enough times on its blockchain, and still manage to get in a bid before the auction closes.

Maybe a lot of lead time would be good, like have the first feature of the site be the ability to buy bids, with the knowledge the first auction will be in a month, or in 90 days or whatever, with the price of bids going up constantly as the time of the first auction approaches and a foreknowledge of what things will be up for auction based on how many bids have been sold by the time the actual auctions go live.

Like...

Day one, wow, we only just started, buy bids today for only X coins, if in 90 days when the auctions open at least Y bids have sold a share of devcoins (worth 1000 words or 40 hours of work, truly, check out our page about devcoin shares) will be the first auction!

Day two, wow, we already sold so many bids we already know one share of devcoin distribution will be the first auction, that is only 89 days from now folks! Today bids cost X2 each and if by the time auctions go live we have sold Y2 total bids then the second auction will be for one share of devcoins and three links from relevant Devtome articles to articles of your own in your own blog, though notice of course (see link) that if you were yourself a Devtome author links from the Devtome would be a perk to you so we are also throwing in a twenty thousand GeistGeld, ten thousand CoiLedCoin, five thousand GRouPcoin, two thousand I0Coin, one thousand IXCoin, one hundred NaMeCoin and fifty milliBiTCoins!

Day three, wow, check out how work on the site is progressing! Plus we sold so many bids yesterday that we already know the third auction is going to be for two shares of devcoin distribution, one whole bitcoin, ten whole namecoins, one thousand IXCoins, five thousand I0Coins, ten thousand GRouPcoins, twenty thousand CoiLedCoins, fifty thousand GeistGeld, full setup of a dedicated server running all the merged mined coins so you can merged mine all eight merged mined coins using p2pool, and the first month's hosting fee for that server! Today bids cost X3 and if we sell at least Y3 the fourth auction will be .... etc etc etc...

Probably 90 days is much more realistic a lead time than pretending we will be fully ready for the first auction in only one month.

-MarkM-

Yeah, having blocks of coins and other digital prizes would really be the way to go when this is first getting started. I want to bid on some of those prizes you mentioned right now. Smiley

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:02:00 AM

You have to be very careful with PayPal. It has come to my attention that sellers of crypto are getting their accounts suspended as they could be considered a financial service or currency exchange. This is not something to be taken lightly. I know I suggested an auction site, and some one else mentioned possible legal ramifications of any type of business associated with dvc attracting attention for what may have been an idea with good intentions, but could possibly be perceived as being something more than what it really is. I would suggest that for now this idea be considered more deeply before being implemented. I don't believe it is wise at this point in time.

You can block countries that wont accept this style of purchase, also you wouldn't allow paypal at all, users must come in with crypto to avoid legal stuff. They pay with devcoins and recieve product just like any other bitcoin related vendor today.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:08:39 AM

Like...

Day two, wow, we already sold so many bids we already know one share of devcoin distribution will be the first auction, that is only 89 days from now folks! Today bids cost X2 each and if by the time auctions go live we have sold Y2 total bids then the second auction will be for one share of devcoins and three links from relevant Devtome articles to articles of your own in your own blog, though notice of course (see link) that if you were yourself a Devtome author links from the Devtome would be a perk to you so we are also throwing in twenty thousand GeistGeld, ten thousand CoiLedCoin, five thousand GRouPcoin, two thousand I0Coin, one thousand IXCoin, one hundred NaMeCoin and fifty milliBiTCoins!

Also maybe  even once auctions start they can always be determined well in advance like that and based on number of bids already sold, so that the site always has up front in advance all the wealth required to buy all the things that have been scheduled to be auctioned in the future.

-MarkM-

Those are all good ideas and there is no limit to what are imaginations will allow us to conjure up... by allowing other crypto coins to be sold, it will open up another alley of possible sales, and someone can take charge of those auctions. This way there is no drop shipping etc etc, its totally legal for us. So offer to buy coins, ofcourse the end user gets them at discounts but we make profit since if we sell 1 bitcoin it would take X amounts of bids, and we would get Y amount of bids, it is highly likely that Y > X, because X is not that much compared to the total value of a bitcoin.

Either way if we allocate shares for this, like I said worsed case the things go for free, just like we are giving shares to writers today, we are not earning anything on that, so atleast we have the "possibility of earning today" by allowing auctions bring in profits. These are instant profits or losses we can see today and not wait years for ad revenue to "maybe" pick up on devtome, who knows if it will or wont happen, but I think once we realize how profitable an actual business is funded by devcoin that it will be the direction of growth for future projects.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:09:19 AM

You can block countries that wont accept this style of purchase, also you wouldn't allow paypal at all, users must come in with crypto to avoid legal stuff. They pay with devcoins and recieve product just like any other bitcoin related vendor today.

Yeah, I know the Paypal option isn't a good one but, it is something people will ask for. I guess if you start with crypto, you stick with crypto no matter what people ask for.

It might even be interesting if people were directed to the Devcoin faucet (or faucets) as a way to gather Devcoins and then use them for bids. Just make the rounds go to 200 instead of 80 and payout 2 Devcoins instead of 5.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:10:52 AM

Just today I saw Devcoin pop up on Cryptsy,
It looks like the market has started tonight with some careful trading,
however I see remarks of DVC being at Cryptsy last week?
Did they remove it for a week and did it now come back?

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
silvercardbank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:28:06 AM

It is interesting that ebay is going to allow digital currency on their U.K. site in February but not on the U.S. one.... that is a step in the right direction but still very annoying. If anyone on the forum is from the U.K. and planning on selling Devcoins, maybe something can be worked out to get more listings up and going for Devcoin in Feb.

I had all of my Devcoin listings canceled on ebay on the U.S. site a few days ago.

http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-uk-virtual-currency-february/

This has been a common problem for me in the uk . i have been selling loads of devcoin over the past few months and that is all i sell on ebay.

this is ebays uk response to digital currency.

Please know that per our recent policy update, Virtual currency (i.e. Bitcoin and Litecoin), whether digitally or physically delivered cannot be listed in Auction-style and Buy-It-Now listing formats. eBay is opening a Virtual Currency category to allow the sale of virtual currency in Classified Ads format on February 10, 2014. We request that you do not list these items until that date. Alternatively, you may list your item on the eBay.com site in the Coins & Paper Money>Virtual Currency Category in Classified Ad format.

i am up for doing all i can for devcoin on the uk site once i am allowed to list on the 10th feb.
all my adds have been removed now but i still have one remaining on the US site that seems to have been overlooked and has been ticking along steadyly introducing people at 500 dvc and fetching $1.99

i have also been doing some creative marketing on ebay to get out of the coin section to avoid detection and still introduce people to devcoin by advertizing mobile phone top up vouchers , explaining i can also email the code to them if they need it faster than a bitcoin transaction.
 i also include a free offer of 500 devcoin and free digital wallet to sample in the advert.

Top up voucher cades are are a form of digital currency that can be exchanged for any other currency, and i am very interested in creating a website for the uk pay as you go phone top up market as i mentioned in this thead a few days ago when i made contact with melodie who acceps bitcoin and devcoin as payment for website building and coding.

I have asked kissmyweb to put this project on the back burner while i research and  see what interest i can drum up to raise funds to pay for such a trading platform working on BTCC/top up codes.

I want to somehow incorporate devcoin.  

As devcoin is the developers coin it could and should be used to develop anything.

devcoin is now a writercoin because of the assciation with the devtome wiki
It could also be a phonecoin if associated with a new website dedicated to trading airtime on the uk telecomunications network.
none of the uk networks accept cryptocurrencys yet .
Most of there customers use pay as you go phones because they do not have a bank account.
I see a masive gap in the market and an oppertunity that needs to be filled .
like a virtual atm  people can obtain bitcoin/devcoin by simply purchasing a top up code from any store and forward it to the website for exchange.

i am not sure how the bountys work really and thats not my motivation , i have been in touch with the large distributors of airtime to enquire about buying airtime at wholesale prices and the door is slamed tight as the whole network is owned by one company and is monoplised to protect all the payment processers and retailers commisions down the chain .

the end users themselves will sell a top up voucher cheaper than the producers that create them !

many distributors have their own sim card produced,they make huge commisions from the network providor every time the sim card it toped up with airtime . i propose devcoin somehow develops its own simcard to a real income can be generated and all its members get to share in the discounts as well undercutting the man thats ripping us all off.  

Been looking at cryptostocks and bitcoinstarter but not sure how succefull these sites are at attracting investors.

I have a feeling there will probably be an explosion of crypto listings on Feb 10th in the U.K. because this update to their policy is making the rounds. One easy way to sell them would be to require customers to make an account on Vircurex and send them a coupon code for the amount of Devcoins. It is a bit crude but it does show the coupon code number (you can't make up the number yourself) and whether or not it has been redeemed. I did a test coupon generation and transfer and it worked instantly.

You could track this by putting the coupon code number in the notes below the buyers link on All Selling > Sold.

I take it this is your listing...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Devcoin-Digital-Cryptocurrency-cheaper-than-Bitcoin-Litecoin-Peercoin-ect-/191036400314?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item2c7aa822ba

That was a great idea !
i was well excited to find out there is a ready built platform already out there that could be used to trade credit codes.
just been to the site to figure out how the coupon system works and was dissapointed to see they are shutting down that feature.

Notice

The functionality of Coupons will no longer be supported. Please redeem your outstanding coupons as soonb as possible.

My issued coupons
Date   Coupon Code   Value   

My redeemed coupons

its got me thinking what other platforms out there could be used in this way.

also yes that is one of my listings that has attracted many to devcoin .
i also like the idea of seeing devtomes front brightened up, which leads me to the question about the logo i use in my listings that i found on google images.... the red and yellow one in my opinion has a lot more going for it and i have not seen it used anywhere else. what is the reason for this ?

since reading some of the brilliant stuff on devtome i am hooked, when getting to the end of an article how can you find who wrote it and follow up on some more by that author ? there seems to be no links for that on who wrote what and where to find it .or am i missed it ? still finding my way around.
 cheers jasont
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:32:02 AM

Click the "old revisions" link at top of page (not sure if you need to be logged in?) and usually only one person will have done most of the revisions, with maybe sometimes someone else having done a spelling or typo fix here and there when they were easing the article and noticed a grammer spelling or etc type of minor obvious error.

Annoyingly though their name is not presented as a clickable link to their homepage where their list of articles would be.

Meanwhile, back to the auctions site idea: are any of the available off the shelf free open source auction packages able to do this type of auction?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:40:28 AM

It is interesting that ebay is going to allow digital currency on their U.K. site in February but not on the U.S. one.... that is a step in the right direction but still very annoying. If anyone on the forum is from the U.K. and planning on selling Devcoins, maybe something can be worked out to get more listings up and going for Devcoin in Feb.

I had all of my Devcoin listings canceled on ebay on the U.S. site a few days ago.

http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-uk-virtual-currency-february/

This has been a common problem for me in the uk . i have been selling loads of devcoin over the past few months and that is all i sell on ebay.

this is ebays uk response to digital currency.

Please know that per our recent policy update, Virtual currency (i.e. Bitcoin and Litecoin), whether digitally or physically delivered cannot be listed in Auction-style and Buy-It-Now listing formats. eBay is opening a Virtual Currency category to allow the sale of virtual currency in Classified Ads format on February 10, 2014. We request that you do not list these items until that date. Alternatively, you may list your item on the eBay.com site in the Coins & Paper Money>Virtual Currency Category in Classified Ad format.

i am up for doing all i can for devcoin on the uk site once i am allowed to list on the 10th feb.
all my adds have been removed now but i still have one remaining on the US site that seems to have been overlooked and has been ticking along steadyly introducing people at 500 dvc and fetching $1.99

i have also been doing some creative marketing on ebay to get out of the coin section to avoid detection and still introduce people to devcoin by advertizing mobile phone top up vouchers , explaining i can also email the code to them if they need it faster than a bitcoin transaction.
 i also include a free offer of 500 devcoin and free digital wallet to sample in the advert.

Top up voucher cades are are a form of digital currency that can be exchanged for any other currency, and i am very interested in creating a website for the uk pay as you go phone top up market as i mentioned in this thead a few days ago when i made contact with melodie who acceps bitcoin and devcoin as payment for website building and coding.

I have asked kissmyweb to put this project on the back burner while i research and  see what interest i can drum up to raise funds to pay for such a trading platform working on BTCC/top up codes.

I want to somehow incorporate devcoin.  

As devcoin is the developers coin it could and should be used to develop anything.

devcoin is now a writercoin because of the assciation with the devtome wiki
It could also be a phonecoin if associated with a new website dedicated to trading airtime on the uk telecomunications network.
none of the uk networks accept cryptocurrencys yet .
Most of there customers use pay as you go phones because they do not have a bank account.
I see a masive gap in the market and an oppertunity that needs to be filled .
like a virtual atm  people can obtain bitcoin/devcoin by simply purchasing a top up code from any store and forward it to the website for exchange.

i am not sure how the bountys work really and thats not my motivation , i have been in touch with the large distributors of airtime to enquire about buying airtime at wholesale prices and the door is slamed tight as the whole network is owned by one company and is monoplised to protect all the payment processers and retailers commisions down the chain .

the end users themselves will sell a top up voucher cheaper than the producers that create them !

many distributors have their own sim card produced,they make huge commisions from the network providor every time the sim card it toped up with airtime . i propose devcoin somehow develops its own simcard to a real income can be generated and all its members get to share in the discounts as well undercutting the man thats ripping us all off.  

Been looking at cryptostocks and bitcoinstarter but not sure how succefull these sites are at attracting investors.

I have a feeling there will probably be an explosion of crypto listings on Feb 10th in the U.K. because this update to their policy is making the rounds. One easy way to sell them would be to require customers to make an account on Vircurex and send them a coupon code for the amount of Devcoins. It is a bit crude but it does show the coupon code number (you can't make up the number yourself) and whether or not it has been redeemed. I did a test coupon generation and transfer and it worked instantly.

You could track this by putting the coupon code number in the notes below the buyers link on All Selling > Sold.

I take it this is your listing...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Devcoin-Digital-Cryptocurrency-cheaper-than-Bitcoin-Litecoin-Peercoin-ect-/191036400314?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item2c7aa822ba

That was a great idea !
i was well excited to find out there is a ready built platform already out there that could be used to trade credit codes.
just been to the site to figure out how the coupon system works and was dissapointed to see they are shutting down that feature.

Notice

The functionality of Coupons will no longer be supported. Please redeem your outstanding coupons as soonb as possible.

My issued coupons

My redeemed coupons

its got me thinking what other platforms out there could be used in this way.

also yes that is one of my listings that has attracted many to devcoin .
i also like the idea of seeing devtomes front brightened up, which leads me to the question about the logo i use in my listings that i found on google images.... the red and yellow one in my opinion has a lot more going for it and i have not seen it used anywhere else. what is the reason for this ?

since reading some of the brilliant stuff on devtome i am hooked, when getting to the end of an article how can you find who wrote it and follow up on some more by that author ? there seems to be no links for that on who wrote what and where to find it .or am i missed it ? still finding my way around.
 cheers jasont

Both CEX.IO and Crypsy have very similar voucher codes that can be used in the same manor. I was originally able to sell Devcoins to about 10 - 12 people before I switched to sending a certificate in the mail with a CEX.IO code. When I was trying to transfer directly to peoples wallets, I had to answer endless questions. I think one person asked more than 10 of them before his issue was resolved.

It is easier to just send a code via email with instructions on how to redeem it.

ebay didn't catch me selling Devcoins directly they shut me down when I was sending the code in the mail...go figure Sad

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:31:00 AM

[...] Android Devcoin client.

Conlusion:
  • great results
  • some tidying up to do (proper logo's, references, removal of 'BTC' and 'Bitcoin')
  • fixing the node stuff so a user does not have to insert peers in order to connect upon first use

[...]

Where are the btc references and logos? I thought I got all of them! The exchange rate in btc is the one I see and its dvc to btc.. actualy there is a bug you should be able to set current currency to usd and it should show dvc usd prices everywhere instead of dvc btc etc...

I will try to list them all. If necessary, I can make photos:
  • Main page reads: 'Your Bitcoin address'
  • Main page: send payment and request payment refer to 'Bitcoin'
  • Page request for payment: seems like the Dogecoin logo? If not, I prefer the official green logo. 2nd: top of the screen refers to request for BitcoinsOne extra remark, upon opening this page, the program asks me whether it can access Bluetooth. This is because I ticked the experimental option of offline Bluetooth payments. It is a little annoying that the software asks me whether to allow access to Bluetooth, but if I decline, the same question keeps popping up no matter how many times I decline. That's why they call it 'experimental' I guess  Cheesy
  • Page request for payment -> menu -> Help: this text still refers to Bitcoin
  • Page send payment: Again seems like the Dogecoin logo? 2nd: top of the screen refers to payment of Bitcoins
  • Main page: link to safety guidelines: guidelines refer to Bitcoin

Other remark: pinning the exchange rate to something else than BTC does not work yet. I chose USD (pinned) but the main page still shows the price in BTC.

@Wekkel - drivel is NOT allowed at all, in case you were under the impression that it is. We've already dealt with multiple people in the past for it, and I can always take in reports as well.

Let me specify: the earlier example of an article like famous Jazz artists of the 60's is what I am talking about. That should not deter a Jazz fan from writing that stuff, but who will read it and what is the connection to development? Again, it's just how I feel about it, not necessarily someone else.

Im not seeing any of these bitcoin typo's... I changed them all earlier. 1.0.1 has these changes, I wonder why yours shows it still? Maybe you have an older version still? There is a orange logo for devcoin that is used for mDVC, to show the difference... i can switch it to the green one if people want to see that one instead.... and its only when your in mDVC mode.
Branzig

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:07:46 AM

I guess I am just being ignored, thanks for your help Smeagol, it appears Devcoin isn't for me.  Angry
I say we host the blockchain on devcoin.org so users won't have to wait.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:21:30 AM

I guess I am just being ignored, thanks for your help Smeagol, it appears Devcoin isn't for me.  Angry

Whats the difference? Why would users not have to wait if its on devcoin.org? the block explorer is just parsing the information in a node that we all are running. As long as the dns seeds are running then that is optimal.
Branzig

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:24:27 AM

I cannot get the Devocoin wallet to download, until I do I am putting devcoin back on the back burner again... the difference for me is I cannot get any work done.

Whats the difference? Why would users not have to wait if its on devcoin.org? the block explorer is just parsing the information in a node that we all are running. As long as the dns seeds are running then that is optimal.

Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: