Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:19:31 AM

Hey guys,

http://www.icloudcenter.net/demos/ICPenny/index.php?

This one is distributed as GNU GPL...

Main Features:

Users register and pay for participation
    Two types of auctions
    Customizable bid increment system
    Powerful admin panel
    Autobid
    Bid Packages

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:21:52 AM

btw with cryptsy and vircurex volume's so high we are getting well above the 7.2 million dvc volume per day... the longer it stays at these prices the better Smiley

Question, where did you get the 7.2M DVC / day?  Last I saw on Vircurex DVC - BTC was over 67M and BTC - DVC was like 56 BTC which is over 56M DVC. That would put it just on Vir over 100M DVC today.  Just an observation Smiley

Price will rise if volume is more than 7.2M DVC a day since that is the amount that is minted. Supply/Demand. Since we just started to have this volume, it will take some time to saturate old coins with the volume but I like to use an average volume since we work on monthly cycles, to use a monthly average... a rolling 6 month average is probably ideal but by then saturation has probably already occured... its useful to find outliers coins who have a higher than usual volume per day basis for say a few weeks, and then figure that it is probably undervalued in the medium term if the price doesn't reflect the newfound demand.

Awesome, thanx for the explanation! I had no clue what you meant by the 7.2 and no idea about it's significance. Makes sense tho! Thanx Smiley Oh and Dodg's are up around 6000BTC  volume on Cryptsy... that is a LOT of coins.... near 6 Billion?

Edit: ok since they are up around 180satoshi's I guess it is more like 3.8 Billion Volume Smiley

Yea thats nuts.. it has more coins but I think only 6 billion are minted as of today? So all hands are changing over? Aslong as that volume continues it should go up for sure.. I didnt expect that.. but I think the institutional investors are coming in looking for cheap coins to pump for bigger profits.
dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:22:01 AM

Hey guys,

Main Features:

Two types of auctions
    Powerful admin panel
    Autobid
    Bid Packages

Go for it, if you get it set up and working I will help out where I can, but I can't devote the time to fully developing for it and admin and daily upkeep etc. If there is something (small change or addon or whatever) I will help out where I can. I still don't think it is a great idea though, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong...

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:22:49 AM

btw with cryptsy and vircurex volume's so high we are getting well above the 7.2 million dvc volume per day... the longer it stays at these prices the better Smiley

Question, where did you get the 7.2M DVC / day?  Last I saw on Vircurex DVC - BTC was over 67M and BTC - DVC was like 56 BTC which is over 56M DVC. That would put it just on Vir over 100M DVC today.  Just an observation Smiley

Price will rise if volume is more than 7.2M DVC a day since that is the amount that is minted. Supply/Demand. Since we just started to have this volume, it will take some time to saturate old coins with the volume but I like to use an average volume since we work on monthly cycles, to use a monthly average... a rolling 6 month average is probably ideal but by then saturation has probably already occured... its useful to find outliers coins who have a higher than usual volume per day basis for say a few weeks, and then figure that it is probably undervalued in the medium term if the price doesn't reflect the newfound demand.

Awesome, thanx for the explanation! I had no clue what you meant by the 7.2 and no idea about it's significance. Makes sense tho! Thanx Smiley Oh and Dodg's are up around 6000BTC  volume on Cryptsy... that is a LOT of coins.... near 6 Billion?

Edit: ok since they are up around 180satoshi's I guess it is more like 3.8 Billion Volume Smiley

Yea thats nuts.. it has more coins but I think only 6 billion are minted as of today? So all hands are changing over? Aslong as that volume continues it should go up for sure.. I didnt expect that.. but I think the institutional investors are coming in looking for cheap coins to pump for bigger profits.

Yeah I am sure a lot of that is back and forth like we do with DevCoin, but still 3-4B is a LOT!

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:26:39 AM

Hey guys,

Main Features:

Two types of auctions
    Powerful admin panel
    Autobid
    Bid Packages

Where is the download link? I don't see one there...

In fact I tihnk the marketing of auction software has gotten so rabid that people spaming all the free software sites with lies, so that people searching using keys like GNU and FREE will keep finding only their commercial packages.  have yet to find any download links, and see the same packages listed with more than one license, both of which might be lies. (PHP license and GNU license for that one, for example.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:27:10 AM

I propose a 48 share bounty for whoever creates a devcoin wallet similar to that of the TREZOR Bitcoin wallet (http://www.bitcointrezor.com/).
Does anybody object to this?

Thanks,
-AM
Yeah probably. What is it? What's the rationale? What steps would be required? etc

Steps required are someone would need knowledge of how the software is able to store the bitcoins securely and be able to change it up, as well as creating a new device for the actual storage. The rationale behind this is to help promote devcoin since you really can not take them places aside from through your laptop or accessing from vircurex or other web based storage... It is basically a portable wallet for bitcoin that could possible work for devcoin. As for the other replies to the proposal if now is not the time because of the whole android wallet coming out then that is fine as well.

Yea with android wallet you get the offline spending and stuff, so you can pretty much write your private key on paper and store it somewhere safe, dont even bother with usb and devices that may not last a tested amount of time. Better yet the android wallet will let you export your devcoin private key via QR code and then you can print it out on paper or whatever you want.

I was thinking the same thing about that little device. What happens if you accidentally damage it just like you would a cellphone? Are all of the keys lost? I would much rather have them printed on paper.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:29:29 AM

Hey guys,

Main Features:

Two types of auctions
    Powerful admin panel
    Autobid
    Bid Packages

-MarkM-

http://www.icloudcenter.com/penny-auction-script.htm   (109$)

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:34:47 AM

Hey guys,

Main Features:

Two types of auctions
    Powerful admin panel
    Autobid
    Bid Packages

-MarkM-

http://www.icloudcenter.com/penny-auction-script.htm   (109$)

Yup its $109 and you can redistribute aslong as it stays open source... which is what we are looking for.

THe other ones use the PHP license, I guess that wouldnt work for us since its GPL-Incompatible?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:34:52 AM

If it is really GNU and anyone ever did buy it, it must be available elsewhere, maybe even from wherever they themselves originally got it.

(As they might only have to make it GNU due to that being what it already was before they started modifying it themselves, if they did any modifications.)

Nowadays Sourceforge seems to list all free open source software even if the source is not hosted on sourceforge, but this is all they show for penny auction:

http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:linux/freshness:recently-updated/?q=penny%20auction

and pretty much the same for auction:

http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:linux/freshness:recently-updated/?q=auction

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:45:16 AM

If it is really GNU and anyone ever did buy it, it must be available elsewhere, maybe even from wherever they themselves originally got it.

(As they might only have to make it GNU due to that being what it already was before they started modifying it themselves, if they did any modifications.)

Nowadays Sourceforge seems to list all free open source software even if the source is not hosted on sourceforge, but this is all they show for penny auction:

http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:linux/freshness:recently-updated/?q=penny%20auction

-MarkM-

One thing we could do is take the WeBid code and update it, clean up the UI like they say needs to be done and add in DevCoin as an accepted currency and all that crap that would have to go along with that (Exchanges and what not, a wallet whatever) and then re-release it on SourceForge.

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:46:16 AM

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ashop/

This one is an e-commerce shop with a penny-auction module with "minimum number of bids" set by admin. The download seems legit on the page.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:49:19 AM

I think a transaction in my wallet is stuck:

Shouldn't it have gone back into my balance after three days?
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:50:22 AM

I see that there is a current user on Devtome that is doing League of Legends guides.
I am not like this person, his guides are copied and pasted over and over with very little actual information or depth.

I do not like it at all that he is taking advantage of devtome and i assure you my guides will be quality, lengthy, and very in depth.

I want to help people become better players, not take advantage of devtome. I really suggest removing that toxic user and his so-called "guides".

Anybody can use copy and paste.
I was thinking of doing guides as well... Is his work really plagiarized?
-AM
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:52:03 AM

I think a transaction in my wallet is stuck:

Shouldn't it have gone back into my balance after three days?

Which wallet?

Did you check the TX on the block chain? Put your address in there and check your balance.. is it right? You may need to redownload the blockchain... Im not sure if checkpointing helps in these cases, maybe markm knows if there is a way to not have to download the entire blockchain but up to the earlier checkpoint only? Is it rescan?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:52:37 AM

One thing we could do is take the WeBid code and update it, clean up the UI like they say needs to be done and add in DevCoin as an accepted currency and all that crap that would have to go along with that (Exchanges and what not, a wallet whatever) and then re-release it on SourceForge.

There is a request on sourceforge for that and the WeBids say it is not a penny auction system and never will be, completely different structure.

So maybe they mean the way they structured it makes adding penny auction ability to it is ruled out from the whoel way they designed the thing in the first place or somesuch.

So many people are looking for a free open source penny acution system though that likely if we do manage to come up with one oodles and oodles of penny auction sites woud spring up all over the place and we could maybe put right in the README and HOWTO and INSTALL type documentation a spiel trying to convince them to support DeVCoins.

-MarkM-

Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:53:23 AM

I propose a 48 share bounty for whoever creates a devcoin wallet similar to that of the TREZOR Bitcoin wallet (http://www.bitcointrezor.com/).
Does anybody object to this?

Thanks,
-AM
Yeah probably. What is it? What's the rationale? What steps would be required? etc

Steps required are someone would need knowledge of how the software is able to store the bitcoins securely and be able to change it up, as well as creating a new device for the actual storage. The rationale behind this is to help promote devcoin since you really can not take them places aside from through your laptop or accessing from vircurex or other web based storage... It is basically a portable wallet for bitcoin that could possible work for devcoin. As for the other replies to the proposal if now is not the time because of the whole android wallet coming out then that is fine as well.

Yea with android wallet you get the offline spending and stuff, so you can pretty much write your private key on paper and store it somewhere safe, dont even bother with usb and devices that may not last a tested amount of time. Better yet the android wallet will let you export your devcoin private key via QR code and then you can print it out on paper or whatever you want.

I was thinking the same thing about that little device. What happens if you accidentally damage it just like you would a cellphone? Are all of the keys lost? I would much rather have them printed on paper.
Oh I had not though of a paper wallet for devcoins. That is also a cool idea. I would hope though the device is practically unbreakable though but I am still new to the paper/ device storage for coins.
-AM
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:53:38 AM

-MarkM-

None of those one that list compare with this one http://www.icloudcenter.com/penny-auction-script.htm

however it is $110...

I couldn't find any other sites that use it, seems like these guys are the original owners.
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:55:43 AM

-MarkM-

None of those one that list compare with this one http://www.icloudcenter.com/penny-auction-script.htm

however it is $110...

I would say get it and we can all update it for DevCoin and release it into the wild Smiley That will help spread the word of DevCoin Smiley

fishy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:57:12 AM

Hi, guys!  If I am interested in getting a writer account who should I PM?  I don't know where to register because I can't find the button on devtome.com/

Thank you very much!

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 01:57:28 AM

Oh, and I just found this for advertising here on the Forums Smiley  Been looking for a little while now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420833.0

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: