Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:31:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:15:15 PM

Hi!

Great work with this devcoin threat and the bounties.  I posted an article on planning for retirement.  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=transatlantic_retirement_planning

I'd like to submit it for consideration in the investment plan bounty. 

My DVC is 1N6SqcHmzSzs1cCe4wEt7Mo84m2p74stts

Your plan is eligible for the six share bounty.  It has been entered into http://devticker.pw/business_bounty/business_bounty_32.csv.

Entry:
Iheartcryptocoin,1N6SqcHmzSzs1cCe4wEt7Mo84m2p74stts,6-Investment Business Plan(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg4976031#msg4976031)

There are two six-share bounties remaining.  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now&#investment_business_plan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xeriandros

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:39:29 PM

I keep trying to change my signature to include Devtome linkes and it keeps removing them. Is there a way to avoid this? Is this some sort of means to prevent low-post count people from spamming junk?
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

I keep trying to change my signature to include Devtome linkes and it keeps removing them. Is there a way to avoid this? Is this some sort of means to prevent low-post count people from spamming junk?

Yes, you need to have a certain amount of activity.  Ask in Meta.
jdlrexy

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:09:13 PM

I was wondering if I can claim one of the remaining Investment Plan Bounties for this plan I put together. (http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_engine) My intention was to write up a business plan that can be invested in by using devcoins that would benefit the whole devcoin community. Just wondering if my interpretation of business plan fits the description required by this bounty...

I wrote it last week, but just finally found some time to figure out how to properly post it on devtome. For a future article I might write up a noob's guide to Devtome in very simple English.

Hey jdlrexy,

How can one make money by investing?  I'd suggest you add a section where "shareholders" of the Devcoin bounty fund could have weighted votes based on the stake, and the shareholders would get a portion of a bounty the contributed too, etc.

That's all you need to do to get the six shares!

Hi Smeagol,

I've made some changes that should qualify me for the bounty.

I've include a section that let's let's people make money off of the projects created through the bounty engine if they originally invested in it. I think it's a cool additions to the whole project.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_engine

Thanks!
CryptoCurrencyConvention

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 09:24:03 PM

Hello all, we are still looking for someone to represent Devcoin and speak at our Convention. If you would like to, please pm me or email, alex@cryptocurrencyconvention.com. Thank you!

Alex wrote:

I have been following you guys on Twitter and its awesome.

We are hosting The Crypto Currency Convention in NYC on April 9th. We would like to speak to speak and promote Devcoin.

Our mission is to bring awareness and acceptance to all Crypto Currency and not just bitcoin.

Education and exposure is the only way we all win.

We are expert marketers and expect 1500-2000 attendees.

This is going to be a huge success and we are so excited to be a part of this with you!!!

I am not going to the convention. If anyone wants to speak for devcoin, please message me.

That would be cool to do, however I'm all the way on the Wet coast Sad I probably won't be able to get there for April as I have work full-time. Maybe someone close by that area?

I would have some interest in this but I don't think I would be the best representative by my onesies. If I had enough time I could make it so I'm at least on the East Coast around that time so I could make it.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:53:57 PM

Hello all, we are still looking for someone to represent Devcoin and speak at our Convention. If you would like to, please pm me or email, alex@cryptocurrencyconvention.com. Thank you!

Would an award encourage someone to speak?  If so, I'd like to propose something like the MiniMetalMaker "bounty".  If you speak at the convention, all travel expenses will be paid for (provided they are under $1500 - this can be changed), and you will also get admission to the convention paid for, through devcoin.  Whoever writes a speech and presentation (powerpoint, prezi, etc.) about devcoin, for the speaker, in turn gets 4 shares.   (the two people can be the same)

How does that sound?

I've include a section that let's let's people make money off of the projects created through the bounty engine if they originally invested in it. I think it's a cool additions to the whole project.

Great!  You qualify for the 6-share bounty, which leaves one more six share award remaining.  What's your DVC address?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:24:34 PM

Hey all,

I've set up a p2pool at blisterpool.com:9332. With something like cgminer you can connect to: ./cgminer blisterpool.com:9332 -u <bitcoin address> -p x -any other settings

It'll automatically select stratum, I believe (it did for me), but I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

It's a merged-mining PPLNS pool with 1% fee, which miners can connect to using their bitcoin address as the username, and get automatic payments to their bitcoin addresses (standard fare for p2pools). The difference with this site/pool is that if you register a bitcoin-devcoin address pair on the main site - http://blisterpool.com, you will get a 0.2% gross devcoin payment (converted from the other alt-coins at various exchanges, or the 1% fee if it isn't enough), as well as all devcoins merge mined in the last 24h period split by total hash over the day. The gross is calculated from all bitcoins plus alt-coins (valued by btc bid depth) minus the merged mined devcoins, passing through the server on a given day.

Of the remaining pool income, 0.2% of the gross will be sent in devcoins at market rate, to developers on the bitcoin and devcoin share lists, and the rest kept for server maintenance.

I've got a basic front end up and running, and I'm ready to start testing my algorithms to begin automating it. If you're a bitcoin miner with decent hash power, I'd appreciate it if you could throw a few hash my way to build the pool and start getting some bonus devcoin payouts. Even if you don't have much hash power but want something devcoiny to throw it at, you can connect to the pool and you should still get a share of something. If any miners wish to donate their devcoins to the developers, all they have to do is not register on the site and just connect using their bitcoin address to get the bitcoins, and the devcoins will go to the developers (they will be sent on top of the 0.2% figure).

Feel free to ask any questions.

Did you use the new client? Are there any new blocks from your pool?
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:27:45 PM

How much will I get if I use 'write for devtome' in my signiture? And how to apply/ who do I contact for this?

Everything you need to know is here Smiley it's 1/5 - 2/5 shares depending on your post count.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_marketing

Thanks, so should I just put the link in my signature and that's it? Does the bot scan this forum too?
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

Would an award encourage someone to speak?  If so, I'd like to propose something like the MiniMetalMaker "bounty".  If you speak at the convention, all travel expenses will be paid for (provided they are under $1500 - this can be changed), and you will also get admission to the convention paid for, through devcoin.  Whoever writes a speech and presentation (powerpoint, prezi, etc.) about devcoin, for the speaker, in turn gets 4 shares.   (the two people can be the same)

How does that sound?

Great!  You qualify for the 6-share bounty, which leaves one more six share award remaining.  What's your DVC address?

Hey smeagol. Can you take a look at my posts and see if I qualify for this bounty? I've posted a bunch of articles on investing and trading in the forex / cryptocurrencies markets recently.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:bit-fxtrader

Thanks.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:43:51 PM

Hey smeagol. Can you take a look at my posts and see if I qualify for this bounty? I've posted a bunch of articles on investing and trading in the forex / cryptocurrencies markets recently.

Thanks.

Several of your articles qualify.  I chose http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=55_exponential_moving_average_strategy for the bounty.

What's your DVC address?
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:18:27 PM

Thanks.

Several of your articles qualify.  I chose http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=55_exponential_moving_average_strategy for the bounty.

What's your DVC address?

Awesome, here it is            1BZrrPVnQibm9M357dATtTokUYP1vaosgU

Would it be possible to test it out with a small payment? First time devcoin user here and haven't been yet contacted by an admin re payment.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:46:38 AM

Hey all,

I've set up a p2pool at blisterpool.com:9332. With something like cgminer you can connect to: ./cgminer blisterpool.com:9332 -u <bitcoin address> -p x -any other settings

It'll automatically select stratum, I believe (it did for me), but I'd appreciate any feedback on this.
I've got a basic front end up and running, and I'm ready to start testing my algorithms to begin automating it. If you're a bitcoin miner with decent hash power, I'd appreciate it if you could throw a few hash my way to build the pool and start getting some bonus devcoin payouts. Even if you don't have much hash power but want something devcoiny to throw it at, you can connect to the pool and you should still get a share of something. If any miners wish to donate their devcoins to the developers, all they have to do is not register on the site and just connect using their bitcoin address to get the bitcoins, and the devcoins will go to the developers (they will be sent on top of the 0.2% figure).

Please try this pool out, the first person who mines at this pool and makes a post of at least 50 words will get 4 shares. The second 3 shares, the third 2 shares, and the last 1 share.

giftculturewriting

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:22:50 AM

I've been doing ratings for the past two rounds, and I wanted to draw attention to the ratings system for writers who may not be familiar with it (I haven't been keeping up with the thread for the past few weeks, so if a similar post was made-- well, I guess I wouldn't be sorry because it's an important subject). This influences whether you are actually getting paid one share per thousand words, or less. This is the standard devtome rating rubric (http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_rater#rating_method). It has just CHANGED, and weights links and references for non-fiction article at 30/99 instead of 10/99. While we use an article as an example, the AUTHOR is also being rated.

I've noticed that even when I'm finding really neat articles, I end up docking them a lot of points because of the lack of links and references, and pictures. No links, references, or pictures? Bam, minus 39 points (used to be minus 19 points), right there. It takes a little extra time, but going through and putting in some links to resources, or articles that corroborate or contrast your opinion, and giving sources for your facts is really useful and important. How do we know where all your figures are coming from, otherwise? This is a hypertextual medium, and I'd encourage writers to take advantage of it. Adding a couple of pictures (you can find CC-BY-SA pictures at commons.wikimedia.org or via the search feature at creativecommons.org) also gives you up to 9 more points. Do yourself a favor.

On the other hand, don't rely on sprinkling in a few links and pictures to raise your rating. If I'm assigned an article that's a typo-laden, short-hand outline (which happens fairly often), I'm going to rate accordingly.

I just want to put this out there so people who are writing good stuff can maximize their earnings.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:23:52 AM

Does anyone know if there is a way I can mine devcoin with a asic miner block erupter. I purchased one a while back and it has had no use other than sitting on a desk. It cant do much but I figure I may as well set it to mine something.
Thanks,
-AM

Heya,

What's its hash rate? Since devcoin introduced merged-mining, the difficulty is up there close to bitcoins now.

I believe it is only a 330 and since the devoin difficulty is super heigh it probably can not do much... oh well
-AM
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 02:24:35 AM

I heard the devcoin team is making a SMF plugin that allows users to tip each other DVC? Is that true? If yes, then where can I find more info?

Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:26:13 AM

Does anyone know if there is a way I can mine devcoin with a asic miner block erupter. I purchased one a while back and it has had no use other than sitting on a desk. It cant do much but I figure I may as well set it to mine something.
Thanks,
-AM

Heya,

What's its hash rate? Since devcoin introduced merged-mining, the difficulty is up there close to bitcoins now.

AM,

Each usb erupter mines about 0.33 GH/s, but you can overclock them to 0.44 GH/s with some skill. (http://www.designer2k2.at/mods/elektronik/85-block-erupter-overclocking.html)  If you only have one mining, you really are losing money from electricity.

Ok thanks for the help.
-AM
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:51:15 AM

Hey all,

Please try this pool out, the first person who mines at this pool and makes a post of at least 50 words will get 4 shares. The second 3 shares, the third 2 shares, and the last 1 share.

Thanks UTB,

The server is currently going through teething pains, as I was lucky enough to get one with bad ram which they're fixing atm.  Will get it up again asap.
cdelatorref

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:40:47 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 04:02:08 AM by cdelatorref

Ok, I'm not mining now, my user is (139jTYFSBed77zXwtZMtVSrMgyYBXF8Fxr)
But I can't connect right now, I'll be keeping trying, when I do, I'll share my thoughts
 Wink
Hey all,

Thanks UTB,

The server is currently going through teething pains, as I was lucky enough to get one with bad ram which they're fixing atm.  Will get it up again asap.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:13:56 AM

Ok, I'm not mining now, my user is (139jTYFSBed77zXwtZMtVSrMgyYBXF8Fxr)
But I can't connect right now, I'll be keeping trying, when I do, I'll share my thoughts
 Wink
Hey all,

Thanks UTB,

The server is currently going through teething pains, as I was lucky enough to get one with bad ram which they're fixing atm.  Will get it up again asap.

Thanks, the server just melted down after the ram fix and the ISP is looking into it...sorry for the wait but I'll announce when it's running again.
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:01:39 AM

Hey all,

It's a merged-mining PPLNS pool with 1% fee, which miners can connect to using their bitcoin address as the username, and get automatic payments to their bitcoin addresses (standard fare for p2pools). The difference with this site/pool is that if you register a bitcoin-devcoin address pair on the main site - http://blisterpool.com, you will get a 0.2% gross devcoin payment (converted from the other alt-coins at various exchanges, or the 1% fee if it isn't enough), as well as all devcoins merge mined in the last 24h period split by total hash over the day. The gross is calculated from all bitcoins plus alt-coins (valued by btc bid depth) minus the merged mined devcoins, passing through the server on a given day.

Of the remaining pool income, 0.2% of the gross will be sent in devcoins at market rate, to developers on the bitcoin and devcoin share lists, and the rest kept for server maintenance.

Thanks for the excellent pool, finally we have such a pool that pays out devcoins!

I immediately switched my 3G hash/s miner to your pool and everything seems fine with cgminer. then I goto your page at blisterpool.com, and try to register with my bitcoin and devcoin address, but it shows a message "VALIDATION_ERROR: 'module' object has no attribute 'Validate'". something wrong with the page? or should I do something more? Also, I see the "Stats" Column writing "Coming Soon", I think it should be implemented first, 'cause people don't like throw their hash power into a pool which cannot observe the mining status instantly Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: