Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:57:59 AM

Just to let all ASCMDVCPT holders https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196217.msg5096800#msg5096800

It looks like I may be able to buy 5 shares myself and take over the listing completely and issue out past dividends etc.  I will be funding this out of my own pocket.

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:16:01 PM

The round 32 receiver files have been uploaded to: [...]

There were 1587 original receiver lines, so the average number of devcoins per share is 180,000,000 dvc / 1587 = 113,422 dvc. Administrator pay is 218.0 shares, 13.7 percent of the total. The value at vircurex is 0.9 mcbtc/dvc, which works out to 0.102 btc. This times the bitstamp price of 662$ gives a share price of 68$.

http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/ shows 119,442 dvc/share (with 1508 shares) for round 32. Is this a bug in the DVC countdown? Or a miscalculation somewhere?

dvccountdown read my d.evco.in/charity log, which read github/Unthinkingbit/charity, so it mean Unthinkingbit has not already update github record to the newest version, so this cause the inconsistance.

Yep this is correct, you can check that by looking at Unthinkingbit's master at: https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/tree/master

The updates will go through fairly quickly once UTB puts the official versions up on the git.
IRINFO

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:11:30 PM

Hello,

We have officially started accepting DevCoin as a payment method on our website - http://www.SaltsWorldWide.com/  !

All orders that are paid for in DevCoin receive an additional discount automatically!

Check us out today!  We have free shipping in the US and low cost international shipping!
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:39:08 PM

Hello,

We have officially started accepting DevCoin as a payment method on our website - http://www.SaltsWorldWide.com/  !

All orders that are paid for in DevCoin receive an additional discount automatically!

Check us out today!  We have free shipping in the US and low cost international shipping!

Awesome! Salt for ECA: http://www.ecawater.com/doc/b/ECA%20INFO%20B2%20The%20Past%20Present%20&%20Future%20of%20the%20technology.pdf

ECA is still avalable for DVC Smiley

thank you IRINFO

kochmann799

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:43:46 PM

Umm, hey guys I got a possible noob question concerning Devtome. I'm asking here because the Devtome thread seems to be dead.

So here's my profile:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:kochmann799

All the articles apart from the one called "How having little confidence affects a relationship" were written and submitted to the front page before the submission deadline of Round 32. When I checked the stats it seems only the four above the subsection were counted in by tomecount as the word count from the stats matches the total I did on wordcounter.net

So my question is. Did I screw up by making a subsection? Will my articles still get counted in this round if I line them up differently?

Thanks!

Former Editor of the LTC/CNC Exchange
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:01:42 PM

I meant broad sense of rescan if wallet rescan didnt work including blockchain refresh or pvt key importing.

Most devcoin users are techies and not dumb enough to cry the sky is falling..

That said I understand the importance and I think it should be merged in but the right place for it would be we merge in 0.9 unless you can provide a more compelling why it cant wait fir 0.8.5 to be even finalized.

The sky is falling!!!
heh didnt you get them back?

Yep!

BTW I'll update the bounty sheet with your bounty once I get home.
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:21:52 PM

Umm, hey guys I got a possible noob question concerning Devtome. I'm asking here because the Devtome thread seems to be dead.

So here's my profile:

All the articles apart from the one called "How having little confidence affects a relationship" were written and submitted to the front page before the submission deadline of Round 32. When I checked the stats it seems only the four above the subsection were counted in by tomecount as the word count from the stats matches the total I did on wordcounter.net

So my question is. Did I screw up by making a subsection? Will my articles still get counted in this round if I line them up differently?

Thanks!

You're lucky, none of mine got in this round. There is a week long process and each new writer needs to be checked by 3 different people AFTER you post your first 1000 words.

I singed up for devtome few weeks ago but didn't post anything just wrote my articles in word instead of the wiki thinking that I was ok if I post them by the deadline. Didn't know about the 1000 words rule.

Basically, everything that doesn't get in round 32 will transfer into round 33.

With the influx of new writers the process is going very slow, I have yet to be contacted about my devcoin address by an admin and it's over a week now since I started posting on devtome. Nothing to do but wait for the next round I guess.
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:26:09 PM

You're lucky, none of mine got in this round. There is a week long process and each new writer needs to be checked by 3 different people AFTER you post your first 1000 words.

I singed up for devtome few weeks ago but didn't post anything just wrote my articles in word instead of the wiki thinking that I was ok if I post them by the deadline. Didn't know about the 1000 words rule.

With the influx of new writers the process is going very slow, I have yet to be contacted about my devcoin address by an admin and it's over a week now since I started posting on devtome. Nothing to do but wait for the next round I guess.

On a similar note as my last post, since the suggestion for dedicated help position was rejected, how about we add more admins and/or devtome reviewers? The devtome word count doubled last round and is likely to double again this round with the high dvc price.

Thoughts?
kochmann799

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:37:15 PM

So here's my profile:

Thanks!

Well, I got contacted and added to the list and everything. I started posting like in the middle of the round. But I want to make sure it's not a layout glitch that is making tomecount ignore those entries.

Former Editor of the LTC/CNC Exchange
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:02:15 PM

50 - from round 31: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?&topic=233997.msg4053035#msg4053035
You didn't know? I even quoted your previously discussed article. It doesn't make much practical difference anyway because it was an effort (mostly by me to be honest) to at least keep payments in line with 80 when bounded multipliers were incorporated. So it means good writers can still get max 75 (50 * 1.5), other writers less.

LOL weisoq--I totally missed the post. Lucky for me I had no objections Smiley

I was reading some of the more recent posts about support or the lack thereof, and here's my take on it:

1. People are generally willing to help, even if it's not exactly something they get paid to do, so team spirit is high. Exceptions seem to be few and far between and probably can be dealt with case by case.

2. Some of us (yes, yours truly included) don't always keep up with the forum so might miss support requests we can answer. Even when we do, it's easy if we're in a hurry to hope someone else answers the question first (and often that does happen). So it's possible this thread may not be the best place to post these requests.

3. For me PM's are a sure way to reach me, because even if I'm not on the Forum for a few days, I get the notification in my email. Then when I want to address them, I log onto the Forum and all my support requests (mostly signup requests) are in one place, not mixed in with my other emails. So if I'm the person to ask, then PM is the best way.

4. Having said that, PM is not the best way to get immediate support from me as I may not get back to the request for a day or two, so I generally encourage users to post their questions to the thread saying someone else might get to it sooner than I will, but I make an effort to still answer their question as soon as I can.

5. Even though we're all a team and there's a lot of cross help, it would be helpful to have something like an About Us page on the Devtome that is prominently linked to from the front page. This page would have a headline section for each admin and what each one does and his or her preferred contact method. For example for me, it's via forum PM, but for others it might be a specific email address, social media ID or text message, etc.)

6. We also have a prominently linked Devtome page that is organized by the various support needs users might have, and each section includes options on how to go about getting that support. In some cases it may be reaching out on this thread, but other cases may involve PM'ing a specific admin, or even sending a PM to a specific group of admins.

7. We also have a prominently linked Devtome page for updates/announcements/changes. Admins can make a point to check it regularly so they know when changes happen (if like me they missed it when it was announced here). When a change is posted on the announcement page, it should also be populated on any other policy pages so that all info is consistent. So for example, any pages which mention a writer share count limit of 80 should be changed to 50.

If there are no objections I'll go ahead and create an about us page and ask admins to post their own info once I have a good format down. At first admins will be listed in no particular order, but as more info is added I'll organize it into some logical fashion, grouping like admins together.

If there are no objections I'll create a page for common support issues and how to resolve them, again with the commitment to organize it in a logical manner once info gets added. I would ask admins who mostly deal with a certain type of issue to fill in the info about the issue and how to resolve it. This page could read like an FAQ page.

If there are no objections I'll create an update/announcement page, and this one will simply be maintained where new announcements get added to the top (like a blog).

I won't invoice any of these pages since most of the content will not be created by me, just organized.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

On a similar note as my last post, since the suggestion for dedicated help position was rejected, how about we add more admins and/or devtome reviewers? The devtome word count doubled last round and is likely to double again this round with the high dvc price.

Thoughts?

The issue isn't with a lack of admins. I'm not your writing admin so I can't confirm, but maybe you were flagged for something. If you want to toss me a PM with more information I'll forward it up and see what happened.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
metazilla

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:38:29 PM

Hey all, what's the status of porting Devcoin to the 0.8 source? From what I can tell there is a Windows build, but nothing for Linux yet?

I've been working on making Armory work with Devcoin and it looks like Armory already removed a bunch of support for older versions of Bitcoin. If I spend time making Armory work again, I may just have to change it back when Devcoin is updated to the newest source. Should I wait til the new wallet is ready or just move forward making Armory work with the current Devcoin?

antdix

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:39:15 PM

Hi

Anyone else having trouble posting new stuff or making edits on devtome?

It was fine until about 36 hours ago, but now every time I try an update it hangs - although interestingly navigation to view articles that are already published is fine.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:16:20 PM

Hey all, what's the status of porting Devcoin to the 0.8 source? From what I can tell there is a Windows build, but nothing for Linux yet?

I've been working on making Armory work with Devcoin and it looks like Armory already removed a bunch of support for older versions of Bitcoin. If I spend time making Armory work again, I may just have to change it back when Devcoin is updated to the newest source. Should I wait til the new wallet is ready or just move forward making Armory work with the current Devcoin?

Please make it work with new code which is ported to 0.8.5, but it will have to be forward ported again to 0.9.0 when we merge that code in later. We are just testing the merged-blocks are backwards compatible across clients. The windows client is in test mode, and linux client can be built aswell from source...

https://github.com/sidhujag/devcoin

I did the android wallet based on 0.8.5 aswell... are there changes in Armory after 0.8.5? Otherwise you can use this code as your client to test with. (version is now 70001 from 032501 or whatever)

How are you going about it? just adding the merged-mine parsing, and do similar adaptions that the client did with bitcion -> devcoin?
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:28:19 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 08:44:33 PM by Unthinkingbit

Tenthirtyone made all the devcoin subforums, so devcoin is moving to coinzen! Please make a coinzen account if you haven't already:
http://coinzen.org/index.php

The main devcoin thread is:
http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,147.0.html

Today I'll make Support threads and Bounty threads. Over the next week we'll make threads for everything else. This thread will be watched a little for the next month, to direct people to the new coinzen threads.

SkillRoad

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

Hi guys, just wondering if someone can assist me with my wallet setup. I had to do a system restore on my computer, and before doing this i backed up my wallet and all associated files to a usb stick. After doing the restore, i reloaded all the files and wallet etc however my devcoin balance is not showing on my wallet, and there are new addresses generated. My wallet.dat file is is users/appdata/roaming. Thanks in advance.

*Bump*

Anybody?

you made sure to install the same version of the client again?

Try to just keep the wallet.dat file and the conf file if it exists in the data directory... delete your database and blockchain files and reciever files... let it download from scratch again.. you will see your coins. Make sur eyou dont lose your wallet.dat file its the only one you care about.l

Ok, thanks for that, i will try it.
nibyokwy

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:00:57 AM

Tenthirtyone made all the devcoin subforums, so devcoin is moving to coinzen! Please make a coinzen account if you haven't already:
http://coinzen.org/index.php

The main devcoin thread is:
http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,147.0.html

Today I'll make Support threads and Bounty threads. Over the next week we'll make threads for everything else. This thread will be watched a little for the next month, to direct people to the new coinzen threads.
coinzen does not appear to support https connection so i'll be unable to access it. it looks like user registration doesn't support it either. for a cryptocurrency it is important that forum discussions occur over encrypted medium so that text is not changed by third parties.
metazilla

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:32:14 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 11:41:05 AM by metazilla

Please make it work with new code which is ported to 0.8.5, but it will have to be forward ported again to 0.9.0 when we merge that code in later. We are just testing the merged-blocks are backwards compatible across clients. The windows client is in test mode, and linux client can be built aswell from source...

I did the android wallet based on 0.8.5 aswell... are there changes in Armory after 0.8.5? Otherwise you can use this code as your client to test with. (version is now 70001 from 032501 or whatever)

How are you going about it? just adding the merged-mine parsing, and do similar adaptions that the client did with bitcion -> devcoin?

Okay sounds good. As far as I can tell most of the substantial changes were in 0.8.x; there are lots of places in the code that reference that version. I just started working on it, so I got it talking to devcoind, and reading the blocks from blk0001.dat instead of the blocks folder, but I'm realizing that most of the changes I'm making to get it to read devcoin blocks are just reverting changes that were made for post 0.8 bitcoin. I think it will be a lot easier once I get the 0.8.5 based devcoind built.

I guess I'm not fully aware of all of the difference between the devcoin and bitcoin blockchains, I assumed that all I would have to change is parsing of the receiver files - although Armory interfaces directly with bitcoind/devcoind, so maybe that would be handled by devcoind rather than by Armory. If I have any trouble I'll definitely refer to your Android wallet or send you a PM.

Now I'm going to see if I can the new 0.8.5 wallet compiled on Ubuntu. Smiley

Edit:

For what it's worth, I have the 0.8.5 devcoind compiled and running on Ubuntu 12.04, got the whole blockchain downloaded successfully and I imported my wallet and the balance looks normal. Anything specific you'd like me to test?

Btw is there anyway to compile Devcoin-Qt on Linux? Or is that not supported yet? I'm getting a lot of errors when trying to use the "bitcoin-qt.pro" with QTCreator.

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:31:30 PM

Okay sounds good. As far as I can tell most of the substantial changes were in 0.8.x; there are lots of places in the code that reference that version. I just started working on it, so I got it talking to devcoind, and reading the blocks from blk0001.dat instead of the blocks folder, but I'm realizing that most of the changes I'm making to get it to read devcoin blocks are just reverting changes that were made for post 0.8 bitcoin. I think it will be a lot easier once I get the 0.8.5 based devcoind built.

I guess I'm not fully aware of all of the difference between the devcoin and bitcoin blockchains, I assumed that all I would have to change is parsing of the receiver files - although Armory interfaces directly with bitcoind/devcoind, so maybe that would be handled by devcoind rather than by Armory. If I have any trouble I'll definitely refer to your Android wallet or send you a PM.

Edit:

For what it's worth, I have the 0.8.5 devcoind compiled and running on Ubuntu 12.04, got the whole blockchain downloaded successfully and I imported my wallet and the balance looks normal. Anything specific you'd like me to test?

Btw is there anyway to compile Devcoin-Qt on Linux? Or is that not supported yet? I'm getting a lot of errors when trying to use the "bitcoin-qt.pro" with QTCreator.

please post your step of compiling, and the exact error message.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:35:33 PM

Edit:

Did you have to change the makefile to make it compile for ubuntu or was it ootb?

The pro file will prob need revision to make it compile for linux.. I think emfox did it but had issues.

The main difference is in devcoin you have block headers which contain auxpow data instead of being a constant 80 bytes or whatever.

Refer to https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification

The old devcoin blocks and new ones should be the same as the new client is backwards comptable.

Any header parsing will break in armory.. u need to parse AND validate the auxpow header section following the spec.

The diff algo is different.. devcoin averages previous blocks.. so you need to ensure previous block data is available to even check the diff target. I ran into issues on android wallet since bitcoinj didnt need previous blocks and it starts downloading blocks after it reaches a certain date (release of wallet) so before that it only downloads headers or diesnt need to download any data at all for optimization purposes.

Armory probably does this aswell since it doesnt need blocks before it was created.

Its a simple fix.

The fees were changed to 5 coins too.. and make sure the getminfee function is right. In android its hardcoded to 5coins per 1kb tx size.

To ensure there is no way that the tx doesnt get thru due to insufficient fees. Devcoind bitcoind have this allowfree thing that android wallet doesnt knownsince it doesnt generate blocks.

Jag
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: