Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:08:03 PM

unclejed can you tell hunterbunter to look into it? With latestchAnges it may boost value.. although I liked the idea of burning based on demand better

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:38:30 PM

Devcoin inflation is too high.

Fork it and cut the monthly receiver files output by 90% going forward and watch Devcoin become valuable again Wink 20 million added per month instead of 200 million would be a start in the right direction.
unclejed613

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:17:59 AM

i don't think the production rate has as much to do with value as much as usefulness.... i joined this endeavor because i see the useful value of the idea.... as a certain character in a wonderful film "V" said "Ideas are bulletproof....." Yes, i think ideas are bulletproof..... but the ideas need a platform... and i'm still hoping devtome can provide such a platform.... but some changes must be made before it's basis (devcoin) disappears.....  i didn't get in on the "ground floor" but i have a good clue what the "idea" behind devcoin should be..... i'm not a "natural" at writing, but with practice and a lot of different life experience have developed a "feel" for it.... in normal life i am somewhat of a geek with marginal autism..... i'm a bit of a contradiction... i have poor "people skills" but i can explain to non-technical people a lot of technical concepts in plain language and they can understand it (and that's part of my "day job").....  i also have strong beliefs about self expression and freedom (both commodities are in short supply these days).... and see devcoin as a way to further these values... freedom needs an outlet... devtome could be that outlet... and devcoin can reward creative people in a somewhat tangible form.... if it's not left to fail.....
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:10:59 AM

Fork it and cut the monthly receiver files output by 90% going forward and watch Devcoin become valuable again Wink 20 million added per month instead of 200 million would be a start in the right direction.
I had proposed a dynamic inflation rate based on number of reciever entries per month.. but it was shutdown.. we are putting coins in a fund instead now so it will reduce coins to people
but they are still there in a fund
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 04:54:45 AM

i don't think the production rate has as much to do with value as much as usefulness.... i joined this endeavor because i see the useful value of the idea.... as a certain character in a wonderful film "V" said "Ideas are bulletproof....." Yes, i think ideas are bulletproof..... but the ideas need a platform... and i'm still hoping devtome can provide such a platform.... but some changes must be made before it's basis (devcoin) disappears.....  i didn't get in on the "ground floor" but i have a good clue what the "idea" behind devcoin should be..... i'm not a "natural" at writing, but with practice and a lot of different life experience have developed a "feel" for it.... in normal life i am somewhat of a geek with marginal autism..... i'm a bit of a contradiction... i have poor "people skills" but i can explain to non-technical people a lot of technical concepts in plain language and they can understand it (and that's part of my "day job").....  i also have strong beliefs about self expression and freedom (both commodities are in short supply these days).... and see devcoin as a way to further these values... freedom needs an outlet... devtome could be that outlet... and devcoin can reward creative people in a somewhat tangible form.... if it's not left to fail.....

Good points Unclejed. One things that could really give a boost to DevTome is to give submissions a rating. If we had an PG rated and R rated pair of databases to draw from them we could go with more mainstream revenue streams like ad sense. The revenues would vastly increase. My suggestion on this theme in the forum was to have a darknet version and an open web version. The open web version being ad sense compliant as to content and the darknet using the present advertising stream.

That may be seen as bending to the man, in terms of censorship. If that is the common opinion then we simply hunker along until traffic increases the present revenue stream through brute force.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
novacadian

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 04:55:10 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 05:22:42 PM by novacadian

When trying to access the http://coinzen.org forum a page https://www.facebook.com/ is showing up instead. They are both at 31.13.71.128 so coinzen.org may have been hijacked. Anyone else having the same problem?

- Nova

P.S. coinzen.com can still be used.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:51:25 PM

When trying to access the http://coinzen.org forum a page https://www.facebook.com/ is showing up instead. They are both at 31.13.71.128 so coinzen.org may have been hijacked. Anyone else having the same problem?

- Nova

No I don't get that, and 162.243.248.20
unclejed613

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:24:58 PM

- Nova

it could be a DNS glitch either from your provider or whatever DNS sever you use. i use 2 DNS servers... OpenDNS as well as a private one (instead of the one my internet provider runs)... and i have had far fewer such glitches as a result....
novacadian

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 05:06:17 AM

- Nova

it could be a DNS glitch either from your provider or whatever DNS sever you use. i use 2 DNS servers... OpenDNS as well as a private one (instead of the one my internet provider runs)... and i have had far fewer such glitches as a result....

Thanks for that insight Unclejed. The eastern European spammers have been soo fierce a battle on the forum that it had been my thought that they may have resorted to a crack out of frustration. There was one offer of bribery to go away, so perhaps they are weakening. They didn't offer to take DVC or else it may have been tempting. Smiley

- Nova

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:06:34 AM

That's the reason I don't follow this coin anymore. It's such a nice project. You should give 100 million each month out to new customers for free, to ebay, wikipedia, non profit organisation, etc, and make them circulate. You will see that the millions left will have a value much greater than now.
This coin will be killed by greediness.
we can do that with new format set to start this round
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:43:56 PM

Do it and I will start to follow this coin again. Smiley
Let me know. It's 1 year I don't follow this coin. Any other news I missed?

There's nothing you've missed. A quick look at the gradual tending-toward-zero of the DVC price chart will fully inform you of all the happenings. After all, we have to assume that all the information is priced into the market and I think it's very fair to say that the Devcoin guys have done a great job with information sharing, building co-operation across all parties and being open and flexible with participants, investors and interested groups. When circumstances change or a reason can be figured out as to why people might want to buy DVC on exchanges, then the demand/supply imbalance might be addressed opening the possibility of an upward trajectory in the price of the coin.

Smiley

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:23:57 PM

There's nothing you've missed. A quick look at the gradual tending-toward-zero of the DVC price chart will fully inform you of all the happenings. After all, we have to assume that all the information is priced into the market and I think it's very fair to say that the Devcoin guys have done a great job with information sharing, building co-operation across all parties and being open and flexible with participants, investors and interested groups. When circumstances change or a reason can be figured out as to why people might want to buy DVC on exchanges, then the demand/supply imbalance might be addressed opening the possibility of an upward trajectory in the price of the coin.

Smiley

since you already know it maybe you can be kind enough to explain the new format ? With it comes the ability to do what deadsea said so maybe you can infer on how this is possible. Thanks
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:00:02 PM

Smiley

since you already know it maybe you can be kind enough to explain the new format ? With it comes the ability to do what deadsea said so maybe you can infer on how this is possible. Thanks

In the interests of equal disclosure and uniformity in the presentation of information, if you have any significant changes to announce to market then you know as well as I do that people who co-ordinate the Devcoin project are the most suitable to release this information. In the meantime, I reserve my right as an observer and investor to point out that the unitary value of DVC has only gone one way so I urge you as and when appropriate to release any changes and improvements that might make the coin more viable as an instrument of currency or value. Unlike some others who have expressed a preference that DVC be discontinued as a supposed monetary unit, I would like to see the project evolve and become successful as unlike many altcoins out there Devcoin does have an attractive ethos underpinning the project which may benefit a wide range of parties. I do though, remain firm in my view that the unit has to have a tradeable value and equalization of the demand/supply characteristics would go some way to creating a more realistic market for the coin.

Suffice to say that normally it is only robust management that can withstand a one year price depreciation graph that looks like this:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/dvc/btc/vircurex/1-year

The three month graph which theoretically has all the recent news built in and might give a more accurate picture of recent management initiatives doesn't inspire confidence either:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/dvc/btc/vircurex/3-months

As such, it's probably far more constructive if those associated with the leadership and development of the coin present any enhancements in the best possible light rather than requesting that disenchanted investors who legitimately comment on the one-way downhill ride of DVC speak on behalf of the Devcoin leadership team.

I wish you the very best of luck with all current and future efforts to enhance the viability of the Devcoin project and the price appreciation of the DVC unit.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:03:19 AM

You said there is nothing you missed which was wrong. The news isnt baked in because there are too many alts and only one exchange.. but as soon as we apply it somewhere useful it may become baked in ofcourse u will always be late as an investor if you act on news that is already out there... its more of an inside look at whats coming that anyone can see from coinzen but noone bothers.. when applied correctly may finally turn the tide..

Propose a solution and others will listen that is the best way to go.. if its doable I will implement it if we all agree. Feature wise im talking.. right now im thinking how to get voting in
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:25:55 AM

i came in as a writer, but later signed on as a signup admin because i believed in this project.... but i am somewhat dismayed at 1)at least one or more peopl i signed up have yet to be paid after 6 months.... 2)my payment as a signup admin has decreased from 5 shares to 1 share..... and 3) the price has been allowed to drop so far (i actually tried on a few occasions to boost it (somewhat successfully in a few instances))... that the return for even a few minutes of my time helping out new signups is now a burden rather than a profession.....  i will continue to help people sign up because i believe in the overall principle behind devcoin.... but there must be some changes made that make sense.... or it becomes a house of cards.....

i run a website where i write about serious political issues.... and currently i get more enjoyment from people visiting it than working for devcoins..... i really think devcoin has a lot of creativity it could bring to the world.... but some things need to drastically change for this to happen.... i'm still here and willing to do whatever i can to help.....

On the # of shares you get for being an admin, it's equal whether it's 1 or 5. What happens is the total shares there are for the round are calculated, and the admins get x%. In other words, if you got 2 shares when there are 100 total, with 200 total you'd get 4 shares (meaning your pay is exactly the same). This helps keep admin payments steady so they don't fluctuate.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:28:05 AM

That's the reason I don't follow this coin anymore. It's such a nice project. You should give 100 million each month out to new customers for free, to ebay, wikipedia, non profit organisation, etc, and make them circulate. You will see that the millions left will have a value much greater than now.

Yeah, I used to be against this idea but looking back at BTC, that's what made it so popular. Faucets and randomized giveaways got people interested in it and helped gain value (because if I'm given a free coin, I want its value to go up so I help create new value. Millions of others doing the same thing boosts it up considerably).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:24:33 AM

What's the approximate value of one DVC coin right now any way ?

To be decided...
novacadian

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 07:44:16 AM

Yeah, I used to be against this idea but looking back at BTC, that's what made it so popular. Faucets and randomized giveaways got people interested in it and helped gain value (because if I'm given a free coin, I want its value to go up so I help create new value. Millions of others doing the same thing boosts it up considerably).

Agreed, since the give aways have died down on the forum, so has the traffic. Just as well during the Spammer War. Less collateral damage. Wink

What's the approximate value of one DVC coin right now any way ?

You can find a ticker tape of the current buys at http://coinzen.com

- Nova

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 02:09:06 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 02:45:56 PM by georgem

People who are saying that inflation is too high, are just early investors who want to save their investment by going to such extreme lenghts like forking the coin, just to make a gain.

That's the worst kind of people we could have as supporters.

They only think about themselves, they don't care about all the other (new) people who might enter devcoin at some point in the future.

If we cut the coin supply, it means early investors (who already got millions of coins for cheap) will ofcourse enjoy it, but all the new people who enter later won't have any advantage.
So this proposed maneuver is just here to please early investors, AND NOTHING ELSE.

(But I am glad this proposition got sacked.)

There is a reason why this coin DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A BLOCK HALVING of any kind, right?

I say, let the coin specification be as it is, it's perfect.

What should be done, is create a better platform and market for the distribution of content. (music, sound, 3d, pictures, etc..)

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 02:37:22 PM

I would like to be involved in it.
I mean, look for investors. If this works, I don't care if inflation will erode the value. I would like to see this project fly. Not out of greedinees but as a real opportunity to do something for people once.

I think the problem is the way coins are distributed. No investor can rely on anonymous people. They need to see that trusted realities have control on the distribution. Not today, but in the long run. That's why the inclusion of no-profit organisations and at least one payment processor is the minimum.

Exactly!

While it doesn't make sense for Bitcoin or other coins to have a foundation (because those coins are built like a completely trustless decentralized system),
it makes ABSOLUTE sense for devcoin to have a foundation, where leading members who handle the devcoin distribution are registered and visible with their REAL NAMES.
What devcoin needs is liability and responsibility.

It seems like the distribution of devcoins will always rely on real people who decide which user/artist gets how many devcoins each round.
To an extend this can be managed by algorithms, but NEVER 100%.

It's sad, but a very central part of devcoin is completely centralized, and has the potential to ruin the whole coin, because it goes against the very notion of a decentralized and trustless cryptocurrency system.

But this doesn't have to be a flaw.

If the distribution mechanism (new devcoins) can't be converted into some kind of trustless algorithm, than we atleast should have a true foundation, liable under law, when it comes to how those devcoins are handled and distributed.

Has this been discussed before?

Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: