Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:43:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2020, 09:16:52 PM

Yup I agree this is way too complicated for 99% of users

@realdantreccia How did you deposit dvc into stellar? I can deposit btc etc through the trusted vendors, adding the dvc asset to your homepage can be done easily enough by linking markm's account https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/asset/DVC-GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5

But there is no deposit link against markm account for dve like there is for btc, eth etc.

I get that this is trading a dvc token which represents the dvc, is the solution here to either setup my own amount of dvc tokens like markm has and see if stellar will link the two as being the same or to trade off stellar chain with markm dvc for dvc token... or am i missing something here?

Fuzzybear

Hey Fb. I just bought XLM and went right to StellarTerm the last time I bought some DVC tokens from MarkM's issuer account. Then I went from there to trade for interstellar.exchange's Eth tokens using the StellarTerm platform to trade.

So you bought dvc from markm's account with the XLM deposited, correct? None of your own personal dvc has left your wallet, or can you clarify how "I bought some DVC tokens from MarkM's issuer account"?

I am failing to see that anyone other than markm is able to actually sell dvc on Stellar? please correct me if I am wrong and walk me through it otherwise dvc cannot be advertising Stellar as a SELLING platform for dvc.

I'm investigating the setting up my own dvc denominated token but if that is the requirement to sell dvc then where is the guide for a non developer person from the dvc community?

@develCuy care to share any info, help or links as your asking everyone to get up to speed but provide no actual info or help to the users sharing their issues, or is this all new to you too?

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realdantreccia

Activity: 665
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 02:44:43 PM

@realdantreccia How did you deposit dvc into stellar? I can deposit btc etc through the trusted vendors, adding the dvc asset to your homepage can be done easily enough by linking markm's account https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/asset/DVC-GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5

But there is no deposit link against markm account for dve like there is for btc, eth etc.

I get that this is trading a dvc token which represents the dvc, is the solution here to either setup my own amount of dvc tokens like markm has and see if stellar will link the two as being the same or to trade off stellar chain with markm dvc for dvc token... or am i missing something here?

Fuzzybear

Hey Fb. I just bought XLM and went right to StellarTerm the last time I bought some DVC tokens from MarkM's issuer account. Then I went from there to trade for interstellar.exchange's Eth tokens using the StellarTerm platform to trade.

So you bought dvc from markm's account with the XLM deposited, correct? None of your own personal dvc has left your wallet, or can you clarify how "I bought some DVC tokens from MarkM's issuer account"?

I am failing to see that anyone other than markm is able to actually sell dvc on Stellar? please correct me if I am wrong and walk me through it otherwise dvc cannot be advertising Stellar as a SELLING platform for dvc.

I'm investigating the setting up my own dvc denominated token but if that is the requirement to sell dvc then where is the guide for a non developer person from the dvc community?

@develCuy care to share any info, help or links as your asking everyone to get up to speed but provide no actual info or help to the users sharing their issues, or is this all new to you too?

Fuzzybear

Just log into interstellar.exchange with your XLM key (it'll have you create a session password too) - then follow this link to swap XLM (preload some into your account) for DVC:

https://interstellar.exchange/app/#/trade/guest/DVC/GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5/XLM/native

It's word for word described in my Steemit tutorial develCuy shared. I know its kinda vague but you're here so I assume you know way more about the DevCoin project in general =)

Still happy to spend my time trying to comply and "help" you brainiacs  Grin

From the many one, from one, the source
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 06:52:57 PM
Merited by realdantreccia (3)

Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear

Just log into interstellar.exchange with your XLM key (it'll have you create a session password too) - then follow this link to swap XLM (preload some into your account) for DVC:

https://interstellar.exchange/app/#/trade/guest/DVC/GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5/XLM/native

It's word for word described in my Steemit tutorial develCuy shared. I know its kinda vague but you're here so I assume you know way more about the DevCoin project in general =)

Still happy to spend my time trying to comply and "help" you brainiacs  Grin

Stop it, you don’t do vague.  Thanks for your input. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 11:02:40 PM

Fuzzy, I think we can't deposit nor withdraw DVC coins in there, as I understand those are the DVC Tokens, and you can buy and sell them but you can't take them out to your DVC wallet and vice-versa. I don't know if I'm getting it right but that's what I understand about the interstellar network. I have bought and sell some of those tokens but to take them out you have to convert them into LTC or any other coin.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 05:07:09 AM

Fuzzy, I think we can't deposit nor withdraw DVC coins in there, as I understand those are the DVC Tokens, and you can buy and sell them but you can't take them out to your DVC wallet and vice-versa. I don't know if I'm getting it right but that's what I understand about the interstellar network. I have bought and sell some of those tokens but to take them out you have to convert them into LTC or any other coin.

You can contact markm and he will take your DVC tokens at his stellar address and send you blockchain devcoins into your DVC wallet. 1:1 ration of Stellar DVC tokens/DVC. I coordinated with him on the keybase.io chat by direct messaging him at "knotwork" because keybase has a built in wallet for Stellar and its tokens.

Also Stellar is an open network, good place for DVC to move in and out of as it builds up value per each unit. Not about dollars anymore.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 11:35:53 AM

You can contact markm and he will take your DVC tokens at his stellar address and send you blockchain devcoins into your DVC wallet. 1:1 ration of Stellar DVC tokens/DVC. I coordinated with him on the keybase.io chat by direct messaging him at "knotwork" because keybase has a built in wallet for Stellar and its tokens.

Also Stellar is an open network, good place for DVC to move in and out of as it builds up value per each unit. Not about dollars anymore.

Why would anyone exchange dvc coins for dvc tokens which can be minted at will?  Unless I’m wrong about that.  This sounds like fractional reserve banning to me. 

Qtera

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 07:18:00 PM

Dan, is it too difficult to implement that automatically in the system? Not a criticism, just genuinely asking.

That's very good!! I like that!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 09:39:05 PM

Dan, is it too difficult to implement that automatically in the system? Not a criticism, just genuinely asking.

What makes you think it already hasn't been implemented somewhere we cannot yet see publicly? Smiley

https://bithomp.com/explorer/r3gHXhK1pwZFG9ESiaosxjufEVQjwGuJUd

That's just one account and ledger =)

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 09:40:42 PM

Why would anyone exchange dvc coins for dvc tokens which can be minted at will?  Unless I’m wrong about that.  This sounds like fractional reserve banning to me. 

Vlad you're pretty much the always present in my memory kernel in this wonderful system. You tell me I forget Tongue

Qtera

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2020, 01:16:44 AM
Merited by realdantreccia (1)

What makes you think it already hasn't been implemented somewhere we cannot yet see publicly? Smiley

Oh I see!  Shocked

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2020, 05:09:34 PM

Oh I see!  Shocked

Something about a contract issuer address that keeps track of the state of all things.. I dunno Tongue

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2020, 05:18:45 PM

Traded for some HZDVC on HORIZON. Suppose I'll share a screengrab here (https://imgur.com/gallery/Vbx7z0C?nc=1. It's a small amount I did for testing. Smiley

feb14th

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 10:00:41 AM

Hi,
I'm new to all this so forgive .

I have the same problem , but have no idea how to resync.
can anyone help please . In layman's terms .
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2020, 11:45:02 AM

Traded for some HZDVC on HORIZON. Suppose I'll share a screengrab here (https://imgur.com/gallery/Vbx7z0C?nc=1. It's a small amount I did for testing. Smiley

You don’t know how to post a pic yet on here?  Keep at it, I believe in you. 

Anyway, I got friends that wanna buy your book, when will you be selling MOAR?  Thanks. 

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2020, 07:16:17 AM

You don’t know how to post a pic yet on here?  Keep at it, I believe in you. 

Anyway, I got friends that wanna buy your book, when will you be selling MOAR?  Thanks. 

No book, but you can always come visit. I'd like to meet the real Vlad some day when he reveals himself.

I bet you have better stories than I.

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2020, 07:17:10 AM

Hi,
I'm new to all this so forgive .

I have the same problem , but have no idea how to resync.
can anyone help please . In layman's terms .

What Operating System? I can only help with Windows.

feb14th

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 08:34:05 AM

Hi on win7 failed to connect best bock.
the other win 8.1, ( wallet ) out of sync

many thanks for helping

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2020, 12:05:04 PM

Hi on win7 failed to connect best bock.
the other win 8.1, ( wallet ) out of sync

many thanks for helping

Try upgrading to Windows 10 and then installing http://devcoin.org/wallet/Devcoin-1.0.16-w32.zip.

Also backup your wallet.dat

I haven't used those win 7 or 8.1 for years. I wouldn't be able to advise you about deleting things in the roaming folder for "devcoin" but I would copy you wallet.dat folder on a usb stick so as to replace the new installation if you choose to go the route by deleting the App Data > Roaming > devcoin folder then putting your old wallet.dat into the new one after you install, run the new installation, shut down the wallet, move the old wallet.dat into the devcoin folder, and then restart it. That method has also helped me sync but again I don't recommend it because I don't know what your computer is like and I am not a dev team member.

feb14th

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 12:07:36 PM

Hi thanks ,
the windows 8.1 laptop install was new, on my wifes machine .
She's not keen on windows 10.

Are there any other ways to get it to sync?

develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2020, 03:12:50 PM

Hi thanks ,
the windows 8.1 laptop install was new, on my wifes machine .
She's not keen on windows 10.

Are there any other ways to get it to sync?

Please try this method.

0. Close your Devcoin wallet application

1. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Devcoin

2. In the configuration file devcoin.conf, add the following:

Code:
seednode=seed01.devcoin.org
seednode=seed02.devcoin.org
seednode=seed03.devcoin.org
seednode=seed04.devcoin.org

You can create the file devcoin.conf if it doesn't exists.

3. Start your Devcoin wallet application

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: