Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
realdantreccia

Activity: 665
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2020, 10:56:14 PM

Hi thanks ,
the windows 8.1 laptop install was new, on my wifes machine .
She's not keen on windows 10.

Are there any other ways to get it to sync?

Please try this method.

0. Close your Devcoin wallet application

1. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Devcoin

2. In the configuration file devcoin.conf, add the following:

Code:
seednode=seed01.devcoin.org
seednode=seed02.devcoin.org
seednode=seed03.devcoin.org
seednode=seed04.devcoin.org

You can create the file devcoin.conf if it doesn't exists.

3. Start your Devcoin wallet application

- develCuy

never seen those nodes before. What happened to the AWS ones shattienator and MarkM used? dvcstable01.dvcnode.org? AWS suck them up? Tongue

From the many one, from one, the source
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2020, 11:35:35 PM

never seen those nodes before. What happened to the AWS ones shattienator and MarkM used? dvcstable01.dvcnode.org? AWS suck them up? Tongue

Apparently you missed this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg54489047#msg54489047

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 03:59:12 AM

Apparently you missed this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg54489047#msg54489047

- develCuy

I can only catch up with so much. :/ But I do find it odd that chainz explorer seems to think the entire southern hemisphere of planet earth does not take part in the DevCoin network =P

Plus I was too busy trading for HZ and putting together a mirror tutorial to try and help normies understand how to get through the process and join our cause Smiley

And... sometimes you gotta take a break from all the information. I mean just reading this blows the mind but makes way too much sense of what I've read in the past all over these project's realms and spaces https://buildingbitcoin.org/bitcoin-dev/log-2011-07-04.html.

Don't delete that, Mark's in there Smiley he's an admin of this project last time I checked.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 04:26:40 AM

- develCuy

I can only catch up with so much. :/ But I do find it odd that chainz explorer seems to think the entire southern hemisphere of planet earth does not take part in the DevCoin network =P

Plus I was too busy trading for HZ and putting together a mirror tutorial to try and help normies understand how to get through the process and join our cause Smiley

And... sometimes you gotta take a break from all the information. I mean just reading this blows the mind but makes way too much sense of what I've read in the past all over these project's realms and spaces https://buildingbitcoin.org/bitcoin-dev/log-2011-07-04.html.

Don't delete that, Mark's in there Smiley he's an admin of this project last time I checked.

So is DVC still the real bitcoin?  Cause if but I’ve got a good idea which one is.   Grin

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
feb14th

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 10:49:27 AM

Hi thanks for you're reply .

I have followed you're instructions, i'm sure.

but still same problem .

Is there anything else that can be done ?
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2020, 01:14:06 AM

- develCuy

So is DVC still the real bitcoin?  Cause if but I’ve got a good idea which one is.   Grin

virtually speaking or?

feb14th

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 04:10:51 PM

Hi, I've done this;

$ devcoind -seednode=seed01.devcoin.org -seednode=seed02.devcoin.org

separately and together in notepad and saved as Devcoin.conf

still no joy " failed to connect best block "

any help thanks
develCuy

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2020, 11:25:54 PM

Hi, I've done this;

$ devcoind -seednode=seed01.devcoin.org -seednode=seed02.devcoin.org

separately and together in notepad and saved as Devcoin.conf

still no joy " failed to connect best block "

any help thanks

You don't need to run devcoind on windows. rather keep with the Devcoin.conf file.

Also, perhaps you have old receivers files. Try this:

0. Close your Devcoin wallet application
1. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Devcoin
2. Delete the folders "receiver" and "chainstate"
3. Start your Devcoin wallet

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
feb14th

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 09:05:01 AM

Hi, thanks .

I've done this still no joy?

Is there anything else to try.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2020, 03:45:20 PM

Hi, thanks .

I've done this still no joy?

Is there anything else to try.

Can you share with us an screenshot of your Devcoin wallet version?

- develCuy

feb14th

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 08:16:06 AM

Hi,

win 8.1 QT Version  5.2.0

win 7 won't open wallet ,
Devcoin-Qt (OSS GUI client for Devcoin)
Devcoin-1.0.16-w32\Devcoin-qt.exe"

Can't work out how to insert screen print

hopefully this helps
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 05:32:55 PM

Hi,

win 8.1 QT Version  5.2.0

win 7 won't open wallet ,
Devcoin-Qt (OSS GUI client for Devcoin)
Devcoin-1.0.16-w32\Devcoin-qt.exe"

Can't work out how to insert screen print

hopefully this helps

Why don't you save your wallet.dat and upgrade to newer version of Windows? Windows 10 working fine. It was a free upgrade for me back in 2015? I think it was 2015

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 10:42:51 PM

Found a working direct link to trade the Devcoin token and XLM on Stellar DEX using the StellarTerm website.

Looks like the order books are correct and the issuer is MarkM's account.

https://stellarterm.com/exchange/DVC-GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5/XLM-native

Yes, I have ancient stockpiles of many coins, mostly those in use in the Galactic Milieu, both on the HORIZON platform and the Stellar platform, see http://makemoney.knotwork.com/

My policy is to issue tokens representing only HALF of the coins I actually have, so that in principle that half can be buried under my swimming-pool or split between umpteen split-keys divided among many many deposit-boxes or whatever, "forever" or until my heirs and assigns decide for some reason there is no further use or need for the tokens; meanwhile the other half can be used to cash back out all the tokens without having to go digging into those ancient piles of coins to redeem the tokens.

Look for me in the KEYBASE end to end encrypted chat system that includes a Stellar wallet.

That particular Stellar wallet does not seem to support creating trust-lines for arbitrary tokens so you likely will need to use some other Stellar client to actually set up trust lines initially, but once the account used by your KEYBASE Stellar-wallet has the trust lines the tokens can be sent received etc right in there while we use the chat to co-ordinate.

NOTE that although I can issue more of the tokens given more of the actual on-the-blockchain coins, my policy of only issuing tokens representing HALF the coins I have means that if you do want me to issue new tokens for new coins you send me I will only be able to issue HALF as many tokens as you send coins. So basically you need to buy something with the other half.

For example DevelCuy not swo long ago sent me a bunch of actual DeVCoins, half of which bought General Financial Corp (GFC) shares; the other half allowed me to issue a number of new tokens representing half the coins he sent me.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 10:50:16 PM

@realdantreccia How did you deposit dvc into stellar? I can deposit btc etc through the trusted vendors, adding the dvc asset to your homepage can be done easily enough by linking markm's account https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/asset/DVC-GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5

But there is no deposit link against markm account for dve like there is for btc, eth etc.

I get that this is trading a dvc token which represents the dvc, is the solution here to either setup my own amount of dvc tokens like markm has and see if stellar will link the two as being the same or to trade off stellar chain with markm dvc for dvc token... or am i missing something here?

Fuzzybear

Chat with me in KEYBASE end-to-end encrypted chat, I give you blockchain-DVC address to send DVC to and send you tokens; or, do similar deal with anyone else who has tokens they want to cash out to actual on-the-blockchain DVC coins.

PROVISO: This assumes I have spare DVC tokens sitting around; better in the long term is if you can send me fuckloads of actual DVC so I can issue half that many new DVC tokens, but that assumes you want something else that I have available in return for the other half of the actual coins you send.

You can see a whole selection of other things I have available in the tables plots etc linked from http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html and/or mentioned on y http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ site.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 10:54:16 PM

Yup I agree this is way too complicated for 99% of users

@realdantreccia How did you deposit dvc into stellar? I can deposit btc etc through the trusted vendors, adding the dvc asset to your homepage can be done easily enough by linking markm's account https://stellar.expert/explorer/public/asset/DVC-GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5

But there is no deposit link against markm account for dve like there is for btc, eth etc.

I get that this is trading a dvc token which represents the dvc, is the solution here to either setup my own amount of dvc tokens like markm has and see if stellar will link the two as being the same or to trade off stellar chain with markm dvc for dvc token... or am i missing something here?

Fuzzybear

Hey Fb. I just bought XLM and went right to StellarTerm the last time I bought some DVC tokens from MarkM's issuer account. Then I went from there to trade for interstellar.exchange's Eth tokens using the StellarTerm platform to trade.

That should, technically, be incorrect, IN THAT my issuer account SHOULD only be issuing things to an issued-to account which in turn passes them on to wherever they are going.

Whenever creating tokens it is wise to only issue them to a separate issued-to account, for various reasons including that on some/many platforms sending tokens back to the actual issuer vanishes them.

On the Stellar platform that happens but also on Stellar the issuer does not typically see in their client how many they issued, so I use my issued-to account's trust-line size as my record of how many total I have issued. Which also means every one of them can be sent back to the issued-to account for re-use instead of sent back to the actual issuer vanishing them.

Like I said, a technicality. Smiley

-MarkM-

develCuy

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 10:57:50 PM

Exchanges keep pushing everyday to list Devcoin!

Following the latest proposal from WhiteBIT's Artem:

I'm sorry that I didn't send the info yesterday, I had to discuss ROI with my team.
ROI and its timeframe is unique for every project and depends on many factors as marketing, idea, interactions with community etc
It can take a month and it can be a year, everything depends on your flow

Now, about the pricing. In budget of 2 BTC we can provide you with:
- The Integration, up to 3 markets on your choice
   Crypto: BTC, ETH
   Stable: USDT, TUSD, USDC, PAX
   Fiat: USD, EUR, RUB, UAH
- Announcements in our social media
- Targeted email campaign for the entire duration of the marketing activities
- Zero-fee trading for the community for 2 weeks after the listing
- Zero-fee accounts for you for 3-months
- Of course, the support
   Personal exchange assistant for you
   24/7 Support for your community

You can use 0% fee, to use your own trading software without paying any trading comissions. So, you can generate volume, create an attractive trading chart etc without additional costs.
Zero-fee for your community is a great thing to stimulate organic trades.
I suppose it will be great to start with 1 pair first (USDT, for example), gain liquidity and after this start other markets. In such way we'll reduce the liquidity budget in future

If such integration plan is good for you, I can try to convince my top-management to provide you with 50% discount to make it 1 BTC

The above is an answer to the conditions I'm sharing with every single exchange knocking on Devcoin Foundation's door:

... the parameters that we are looking for:

Fernando develCuy, [01.09.20 23:13]
1. EXCHANGE proposal should include: % probability of ROI & timeframe for ROI (based on EXCHANGE experience with other coins/tokens)
2. Devcoin project would invest up to 1 BTC after discounts from EXCHANGE

If you can help with the above, I'll reach the whole Devcoin project team and ask them to evaluate your offer.

Btw, I value the work of people specialized on listing and promoting cryptocurrencies, since that is marketers job, not mine.

The next step is to provision a reserve of 1 BTC. I'm not saying that WhiteBIT will take it. Rather we should invest about that much money ourselves or via a partnership. Btw, somebody has to pay the bill at EOD.

People interested on helping with a fundraiser campaing for listing Devcoin, please contact me, we have a lot of work upfront!

- develCuy

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 10:59:40 PM

So you bought dvc from markm's account with the XLM deposited, correct? None of your own personal dvc has left your wallet, or can you clarify how "I bought some DVC tokens from MarkM's issuer account"?

I am failing to see that anyone other than markm is able to actually sell dvc on Stellar? please correct me if I am wrong and walk me through it otherwise dvc cannot be advertising Stellar as a SELLING platform for dvc.

Fuzzy, I think we can't deposit nor withdraw DVC coins in there, as I understand those are the DVC Tokens, and you can buy and sell them but you can't take them out to your DVC wallet and vice-versa. I don't know if I'm getting it right but that's what I understand about the interstellar network. I have bought and sell some of those tokens but to take them out you have to convert them into LTC or any other coin.

Or have me or anyone else looking to "cash out" DVC tokens for actual DVC coins on the blockchain send you tokens for coins.

Safest contact means is probably the KEYBASE end to end encrypted chat assuming it really IS end to end encrypted. It also contains a Stellar wallet, conveniently.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 11:07:33 PM

Why would anyone exchange dvc coins for dvc tokens which can be minted at will?  Unless I’m wrong about that.  This sounds like fractional reserve banning to me. 

You are absoutely correct, except my fraction policy is the opposite of what you are thinking of, since my policy is to only issue tokens representing HALF of the coins I actually have, so that that half can in principle be locked away extremely hard to get at while I still have the other half with which to "redeem" the tokens.

Check my Digitalis Open Transactions Server thread and you will see this is my original policy from way back when we were using the Open Transactions platform.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 11:10:40 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2020, 05:32:06 AM by markm

You can contact markm and he will take your DVC tokens at his stellar address and send you blockchain devcoins into your DVC wallet. 1:1 ration of Stellar DVC tokens/DVC. I coordinated with him on the keybase.io chat by direct messaging him at "knotwork" because keybase has a built in wallet for Stellar and its tokens.

Dan, is it too difficult to implement that automatically in the system? Not a criticism, just genuinely asking.

Also Stellar is an open network, good place for DVC to move in and out of as it builds up value per each unit. Not about dollars anymore.

That's very good!! I like that!

Last few times I looked for free open-source code for giving people tokens in return for coins there were two problems:

One, they claimed the code was not for production-use, that is, not actually hardened for real use;

Two, the code minted tokens on the fly to represent the supposedly-received coins, instead of only letting folks "buy" existing tokens already previously minted; that violates my only issue tokens for half my coins policy and also implies issuing tokens representing coins that are probably still in a "hot" wallet not yet actually frozen or buried safely away somewhere.

-MarkM-

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2020, 06:53:22 PM

You can contact markm and he will take your DVC tokens at his stellar address and send you blockchain devcoins into your DVC wallet. 1:1 ration of Stellar DVC tokens/DVC. I coordinated with him on the keybase.io chat by direct messaging him at "knotwork" because keybase has a built in wallet for Stellar and its tokens.

Dan, is it too difficult to implement that automatically in the system? Not a criticism, just genuinely asking.

Also Stellar is an open network, good place for DVC to move in and out of as it builds up value per each unit. Not about dollars anymore.

That's very good!! I like that!

Last few times I looked for free open-source code for giving people tokens in return for coins there were two problems:

One, they claimed the code was not for production-use, that is, not actually hardened for real use;

Two, the code minted tokens on the fly to represent the supposedly-received coins, instead of only letting folks "buy" existing tokens already previously minted; that violates my only issue tokens for half my coins policy and also implies issuing tokens representing coins that are probably still in a "hot" wallet no yet actually frozen or buried safely away somewhere.

-MarkM-

Once upon a time PayPal and VirWox of Switzerland (hello SIX and I0C port 7333!) devs used to let me buy more SLL than I could afford for BTC. It was probably an intentional secret to see who would later realize the game by such a method. It let me know that as tight as a spread might be there's still a hole in the system where things "slip through" and in that pinkish/gray area I think there's certainly room for a time-hardened coin like DVC which will be able to insure anyone who floods in later looking for such a coin/system to transfer, transact, etc in DeFi. When they do choose to put their money, whatever money or value they have for that matter, into OUR coin, using OUR secure chain - DVC will be at the heart of the DeFi economy. At the end of the day the rules will close that spread/gap and the gamemaster will have enough peers "officers" so they never lose too much on fees, but also collect back enough interest to keep the clan of officers intact. The 100+% reserve works.

Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: