Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:51:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388604 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:15:20 PM

No one is dumping into my buy walls, its getting harder to buy blocks of CAP without crossing the market and pumping the price.

Also that 37 BTC buy wall hasn't moved an inch in days. I don't think anyone holds that many CAP to feed that whale.

Don't think anyone is playing much since that wall appeared, what chance is there of buying back anything you sell?

Market was vibrant last weeks.. alas no more.

*and minutes later it rises to 44btc @.00005508

I'll certainly be leaving the market alone now, got my target balance and no reason to grease those wheels with buys at these levels.

Valuing 22% of the money supply at 44.42 BTC

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:19:42 PM

No one is dumping into my buy walls, its getting harder to buy blocks of CAP without crossing the market and pumping the price.

Also that 37 BTC buy wall hasn't moved an inch in days. I don't think anyone holds that many CAP to feed that whale.

Don't think anyone is playing much since that wall appeared, what chance is there of buying back anything you sell?

I'll certainly be leaving the market alone now, got my target balance and no reason to grease those wheels with buys at these levels.

I would put a fair market value of CAP at around 25k-30k satoshi per CAP. Considering the Stake Percentage, Existing Money Supply and Developers/Community. I think people are waiting till the hardfork to buy which would be a bad move, these prices are not going to last long.
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:37:12 PM

I would put a fair market value of CAP at around 25k-30k satoshi per CAP. Considering the Stake Percentage, Existing Money Supply and Developers/Community. I think people are waiting till the hardfork to buy which would be a bad move, these prices are not going to last long.

Shame the person(s) behind that wall don't subscribe to that and buy in over time instead of forcing everyone to trade above them with no intention of buying themselves.
They already hold plenty.

Manipulation irks me - can you tell ?
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:00:54 PM

I'm sure that price will go above 10k sat...It's just a matter of time...

RISE LIKE A PHOENIX!!;p
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:52:57 PM

Shame the person(s) behind that wall don't subscribe to that and buy in over time instead of forcing everyone to trade above them with no intention of buying themselves.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with placing a buy/sell order in at any size or time preference. It is one of the key elements of a functional market. People's opinions don't matter.

Personally I think it is a good order (as long as it lasts).  It is sending the signal to market participants that there is plenty of demand for the coin and plenty of liquidity. There would have to be massive exodus from CAP to move that order.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:01:23 PM

any ACTUAL pool ?!

cap.cryptopools.com/getting_started  -  1% fees

-tb-

FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:21:30 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with placing a buy/sell order in at any size or time preference. It is one of the key elements of a functional market. People's opinions don't matter.

Personally I think it is a good order (as long as it lasts).  It is sending the signal to market participants that there is plenty of demand for the coin and plenty of liquidity. There would have to be massive exodus from CAP to move that order.

Seriously, I thought you knew better than that.
Anyway to me it's so unsubtle that its telling me the complete opposite. Perhaps I'm getting long in the tooth and cynical.
It's killing liquidity (and volatility which I was quite frankly making happy bank on - hence my faux upset Cheesy) and leads me to
feel herded along as a trader instead of being in control of my own choices and free to jump on opportunity (as I see them).
At the first touch of a decent sized sell we'lll see it disappear completely and it looks like there is no real appetite at these levels (YET!) The book is thin
I agree on above valuations in time but there is work to do and a few months to wait yet before POS properly kicks in.

But hey I could be wrong. I can't lose either way now but it's going to be less fun as it plays out.
PressF1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:37:46 PM

I've been using the 1.999 beta wallet since it was released and I must say it looks very promising. I haven't had any trouble connecting to the network. I also tried to solo mine for a couple of hours and I got the impression it worked fine. Didn't had any luck finding blocks though.

But there's was one odd thing. I was sending some coins in quite rapid succession, like every 10 seconds or so, and sometimes the sent coins appeared as unconfirmed (sent without any confirmations yet) and moved from unconfirmed to my balance for as long as they didn't have any confirmations yet. As a result I could sent more coins then I owned, because for a sort while they were promoted to my balance. These transactions, with the 'false' coins weren't accepted by the network so eventually it doesn't go wrong but my wallet was having troubles afterwards. I repaired it, reloaded the blockchain, actually I don't recall what exactly I did but at some point all problems were gone.

I hope this makes any sense, and maybe contributes a bit in further improving the wallet, which seems a lot of work, so respect!

HBN & CAP: F1PressF1PCxEyESGk6Fe1om1RfiHqX5gg
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:40:36 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 08:52:15 PM by Tranz

I've been using the 1.999 beta wallet since it was released and I must say it looks very promising. I haven't had any trouble connecting to the network. I also tried to solo mine for a couple of hours and I got the impression it worked fine. Didn't had any luck finding blocks though.

But there's was one odd thing. I was sending some coins in quite rapid succession, like every 10 seconds or so, and sometimes the sent coins appeared as unconfirmed (sent without any confirmations yet) and moved from unconfirmed to my balance for as long as they didn't have any confirmations yet. As a result I could sent more coins then I owned, because for a sort while they were promoted to my balance. These transactions, with the 'false' coins weren't accepted by the network so eventually it doesn't go wrong but my wallet was having troubles afterwards. I repaired it, reloaded the blockchain, actually I don't recall what exactly I did but at some point all problems were gone.

I hope this makes any sense, and maybe contributes a bit in further improving the wallet, which seems a lot of work, so respect!

Good bug find. I'll see what I can find out.

Edit: I think this is ok. Not sure exactly what you did, but I kept sending the same block of coins to myself. Before I got any confirmations. and eventually they all went through. Since you are sending to yourself these won't go to unconfirmed.

Let me know if I have the scenario correct.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:02:38 PM

Seriously, I thought you knew better than that.
Anyway to me it's so unsubtle that its telling me the complete opposite. Perhaps I'm getting long in the tooth and cynical.
It's killing liquidity (and volatility which I was quite frankly making happy bank on - hence my faux upset Cheesy) and leads me to
feel herded along as a trader instead of being in control of my own choices and free to jump on opportunity (as I see them).
At the first touch of a decent sized sell we'lll see it disappear completely and it looks like there is no real appetite at these levels (YET!) The book is thin
I agree on above valuations in time but there is work to do and a few months to wait yet before POS properly kicks in.

But hey I could be wrong. I can't lose either way now but it's going to be less fun as it plays out.

Don't be dogmatic, a difference in opinion doesn't mean that "I need to know better" or what not. I have different goals than you do probably.

It adds a sense of security for me. For me the point of PoS is to be able to stake and sell without having to worry about keeping track of wild fluctuations and turning into some type of day trader. That is my own personal goal with PoS stake coins. The large order has stabilized (or at least put a floor on) the market price for now. It will be interesting to see what happens to the order book if the order stays even longer.

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:03:17 AM

More Hard Fork Commits (For 7/4/2014 07:04:14) :

Add Max Stake Reward of 1,000 coins:
https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/commit/0fa9b69af7a0f99bcd079743857f5842a11aac44

Change to min/max stake age from 30/90 days to 15/45 days.
https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/commit/6362bd69b026c37a6dbc48e0162adf1ddc9bfa76

Change to GetNextTargetRequired for negative value:
https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/commit/1461f280975698e1084527f05bf31f4112bb3775

I would appreciate anyone looking over the code and giving any feedback.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
PressF1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:08:17 AM

Edit: I think this is ok. Not sure exactly what you did, but I kept sending the same block of coins to myself. Before I got any confirmations. and eventually they all went through. Since you are sending to yourself these won't go to unconfirmed.

The only difference was that I didn't send coins to myself but to another address in another wallet on another computer instead. This computer is located at work so it's on a different LAN as well. It's controlled with teamviewer. The receiving wallet is version 1.52. I would say that shouldn't make much of a difference but this was pretty much the exact scenario.

And last night I actually managed to solomine a block of CAP with the 1.999beta version. I found only one block and it was accepted by the network so I guess this works just fine!

HBN & CAP: F1PressF1PCxEyESGk6Fe1om1RfiHqX5gg
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:37:17 PM

The only difference was that I didn't send coins to myself but to another address in another wallet on another computer instead. This computer is located at work so it's on a different LAN as well. It's controlled with teamviewer. The receiving wallet is version 1.52. I would say that shouldn't make much of a difference but this was pretty much the exact scenario.

And last night I actually managed to solomine a block of CAP with the 1.999beta version. I found only one block and it was accepted by the network so I guess this works just fine!
I just tested 2 wallets 1.999 to a 1.999 the sent from the first went to the unconfirmed to the other, and left the first no problems.

It is possible there was a bug in 1.52. I changed quite a few things in the transaction processing, so if there was an issue, it should be gone now.

Thanks for the PoW test!

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:19:22 PM

is there a website that can show me the total network hashrate for caps? preferably with a breakdown on pools.

please advise, thanks.

I'm not sure, but the net mh/sec is included in v 1.999-beta and soon to be released 2.0. under getmininginfo or clicking the thumbs up icon.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:51:04 PM

is there a website that can show me the total network hashrate for caps? preferably with a breakdown on pools.

please advise, thanks.

I'm not sure, but the net mh/sec is included in v 1.999-beta and soon to be released 2.0. under getmininginfo or clicking the thumbs up icon.

This is good news, this means that cryptocoinexplorer will show the network hashrate when 2.0 is released or maybe sooner if i have time this weekend to test out 1.999-beta.  Smiley
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 11:07:45 PM

@David
Try to put only that one in your config:

listen=1
addnode=cap.nodes.btcrypt.net:7685

I had the same problem but these in my Bottlecaps.conf solved it:
addnode=46.105.118.226
addnode=84.200.17.249
addnode=72.52.231.153
addnode=50.117.78.242
addnode=173.208.172.242
addnode=173.192.180.226
addnode=144.76.33.10
addnode=23.251.65.46

I kept only Dexter's code, only PressF1's code, both code, both code plus my original code  (below). None of them work
Code:
listen=1
addnode=23.251.65.46
addnode=24.249.152.169
addnode=46.105.118.226
addnode=50.137.233.14         
addnode=50.117.78.242
addnode=62.32.16.8
addnode=64.251.188.32
addnode=69.10.44.115           
addnode=69.147.229.226
addnode=72.78.100.7
addnode=72.52.231.153
addnode=84.200.17.249
addnode=89.200.138.143
addnode=92.5.104.102
addnode=108.168.2.51
addnode=144.76.33.10
addnode=173.19.90.231
addnode=173.192.180.226
addnode=173.208.172.242
addnode=192.64.86.238
addnode=193.106.92.5

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:15:51 PM

any ACTUAL pool ?!

Multipool.us CAP pool is working fine.

Features:
  • Over 1 year in operation
  • Proportional reward system
  • Redundant EU and US Servers
  • User-selectable share difficulty from 16 to 2048 on scrypt/scrypt-n/x11 and 1 to 2048 on SHA-256 coins.
  • Load Balancing - High capacity and redundant
  • Transparent, detailed block payout stats
  • Fee-free daily payouts and low threshold auto payouts
  • Android and iPhone app available! http://multistat.yovu.co/

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:17:24 PM

More Hard Fork Commits (For 7/4/2014 07:04:14) :

Add Max Stake Reward of 1,000 coins:
https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/commit/0fa9b69af7a0f99bcd079743857f5842a11aac44

Change to min/max stake age from 30/90 days to 15/45 days.
https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/commit/6362bd69b026c37a6dbc48e0162adf1ddc9bfa76

Change to GetNextTargetRequired for negative value:
https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/commit/1461f280975698e1084527f05bf31f4112bb3775

I would appreciate anyone looking over the code and giving any feedback.

We were planning on an upgrade release before hardfork, correct?

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:25:09 PM

any ACTUAL pool ?!

Multipool.us CAP pool is working fine.

Features:
  • Over 1 year in operation
  • Proportional reward system
  • Redundant EU and US Servers
  • User-selectable share difficulty from 16 to 2048 on scrypt/scrypt-n/x11 and 1 to 2048 on SHA-256 coins.
  • Load Balancing - High capacity and redundant
  • Transparent, detailed block payout stats
  • Fee-free daily payouts and low threshold auto payouts
  • Android and iPhone app available! http://multistat.yovu.co/

You can't withdrawl your CAPs from Multipool for the last few weeks so not the best mining option... 
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:38:33 PM

@David
Try to put only that one in your config:

listen=1

I had the same problem but these in my Bottlecaps.conf solved it:
addnode=46.105.118.226
addnode=84.200.17.249
addnode=72.52.231.153
addnode=50.117.78.242
addnode=173.208.172.242
addnode=173.192.180.226
addnode=144.76.33.10
addnode=23.251.65.46

I kept only Dexter's code, only PressF1's code, both code, both code plus my original code  (below). None of them work
Code:
listen=1
addnode=23.251.65.46
addnode=24.249.152.169
addnode=46.105.118.226
addnode=50.137.233.14         
addnode=50.117.78.242
addnode=62.32.16.8
addnode=64.251.188.32
addnode=69.10.44.115           
addnode=69.147.229.226
addnode=72.78.100.7
addnode=72.52.231.153
addnode=84.200.17.249
addnode=89.200.138.143
addnode=92.5.104.102
addnode=108.168.2.51
addnode=144.76.33.10
addnode=173.19.90.231
addnode=173.192.180.226
addnode=173.208.172.242
addnode=192.64.86.238
addnode=193.106.92.5

David with the latest beta release 1.999 you should not need any addnodes at all. Try it out and see if it works.  It does for me.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: